• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what would've happened if I did catch the error and it was just Vulpix v Goodra. Likely would've been a similar outcome.

You could just make the poll and find out; besides, the presence of Whimiscott most likely skewed the results (e.g. votes that would have gone to Vulpix or Goodra went to Whimsicott instead). If necessary, give it an "extraordinary poll" clause or tag or something.

Yeah, I'll just note what happened in Vulpix's match (somehow it was not noticed that Whimsicott fought earlier and thus it should not have been in that match); no need to do a W-round (unless you guys want a do-over). Should've noticed something was off since the odd number matches were supposed to be just plain 2P.

Probably should just make a side match to determine who truly goes on between those two (and where the Whimsicott voters would've gone). I already admitted that this should've been checked earlier, but how that got screwed up in the pairings is unknown. I'd probably go with a side match to get that settled.

From the votes I made this round, Lycanroc, Toxapex and Quagsire didn't make it; my nomination Quilava made it, while I lost Gastrodon. I would have voted for Whimsicott too, but I forgot; it still won, anyway.

The support Jolteon gets has me impressed: 7 votes vs. 3 against Toxapex. I mean, although I'm not a fan of eevolutions, even if I had to choose 1, it wouldn't be Jolteon, so I find intriguing that it gets so many votes.

Quagsire made it though.

Anyway super sad about Mawile. One day, Lilith, one day.....

As for Toxapex honestly I adore Mareanie and Toxapex's design for me is sort of a step down imo

Yeah, I haven't done it due to academics (which is why the tournament's been delayed for as long as it has). Would be helpful in determining the R4 matchups (and maybe it would've helped in catching the 3-23 error). I still need to determine how to address that; likely will just go on as usual. 

I'll get to it when I return from work. 

Yeah, I haven't done it due to academics (which is why the tournament's been delayed for as long as it has). Would be helpful in determining the R4 matchups (and maybe it would've helped in catching the 3-23 error). I still need to determine how to address that; likely will just go on as usual. 

I'll get to it when I return from work. 

Just make the Vulpix-A vs. Goodra extraordinary poll and give 1~2 days for voting, since that's the only poll mistake, right? Whimsicott shouldn't have been there but the rest is in order. Heck, the poll would have been done by now had you made it since the mistake was spotted. If you need help, I can make the poll for you while you sort your things out; I will make sure of closing it on time, then it's just a matter of you checking the result and integrating it in the round results and next pairings.

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike in previous rounds, I am going to handle the loser bracket first as it is a lot more massive than I had expected it to be. Falling in line with the matches being twice the size of the regulation matches (Round 3 was a standard 2P, so we are going to 4P here]. Ideally, we should have 64 winners at the end of this.

====

I have not yet randomized the round 4 brackets, but Vulpix/Goodra are getting a hypothetical to see if Vulpix deserves its spot in there or not. Again, this should've been caught earlier (and it's my responsibility to have caught that), but we just have to go on (unless you want this tournament to extend into September and further).

====

But that being said, first 11 matches for L-3 are up, which shall be followed by 11 on the next batch and 10 for final.

Regular matches will likely be posted during the second batch.

(Doing this so Mirei can run the anime tournament at same time; ideally, I would've liked to have done half in one batch and the other half in the next, considering the speed of this tournament lately.)

At the same time, I really need to put the burn on rolling out matches since, yeah, college starts on Monday for me (boo) and this has been going since the mid/end of spring.

Off-topic but...

wait what? Your college start next week already? And all this time here I was thinking your vacations would start soon, which would give you extra time to handle the tournament and progress with the batches xD

After all, you did mention that by July 27 you were still busy with academics, so if you are going back soon... that means you got less than a month of free days? D:

Yeah, I start August 21st (had summer school for 6 weeks for later part of May and from July onward was my free time). Aforementioned summer school was why I got delayed at doing matches. I wish college didn't start until after Labor Day or something, but that's just how university system here works. 

I didn't forget about the tournament, but things happen [including other offline business that I want/needed to do]. It'll still go on, but just that I'll have to pump them out quickly before coursework piles up; first week should be tame, but yeah. 

=====

So...if I don't post images for the main rounds and just leave it as text, it's not because I'm being lazy but would like to get this completed. (Maybe having the loser bracket wasn't a good idea with this big of a tournament, but live/learn). Also might result in the entire Round 4 bracket going up at once as opposed to separate chunks; or matches coming up before others end.

We'll see how things go, but for the most part, shouldn't take more than maybe 10-15 min at most to do each batch (posting images and stuff aside) and I can at least spare that during the afternoons / early evenings.

Why didn't anyone notify me of the previous batch of matches? I literally just checked the results.
I will say this as a result
I'm sorry Lurantis and Garchomp, had I known about said matches, you'd have advanced.

I didn't forget about the tournament

I did apparently, cuz I missed an entire funking batch.

Or if I had used my secondary votes in certain matches, then likely would've gotten an advance for Garchomp. I know I reserved the right not to use my secondary votes for certain matches involving nominations.

But that being said, I always make an announcement about the matches being ready in this thread after all of the matches for a certain batch are up. I suppose that whatever happened in the main General forum (between Thursday and whenever you looked) blocked the update post, as the other tournament didn't go on and pushed any of them down. (Normally, you and another user post, so yeah.)

Though, I do remember a lot of other threads being made shortly afterwards elsewhere, so might've gotten pushed down in the Recent Topics.

=====

You still have the final batch of L3, and the whole of Round 4 to vote on.

Last matches of L3 are up.

If you missed the previous batch for whatever reason (either TCG and other sections pushed stuff out of the queue, General had something else in the main section, etc.), make sure you vote this time. Ideally, it may be in your best interest to just check this subsection once a day.

=====

If you would like a notification on when batches are up, you can either follow the thread or request a status notification/whatever when things happen if you don't see this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

H7Zso0y.jpg

Yeah, I apologize for the wait in getting this tournament done (considering it's half a year since this started, and only about halfway as far as matches go; though they do get much shorter now).

Anyway...last half of the Round 4 regulation matches are up.

====
Time to go backtrack a couple months for who gets to fight in L4. Ideally should be rapid-fire succession, so I can get this done before 2017 ends (worst-case).
====

EDIT: Here's a list of what we got so far; I'll have to wait until Saturday evening to see who else joins the roster and I can start randomizing stuff.

[spoiler=L4 roster]

1. Lucario
  2. Mawile
  3. Dragalge
  4. Kirlia
  5. Octillery
  6. Xatu
  7. Altaria
  8. Braviary
  9. Tapu Fini
  10. Mudsdale
  11. Blastoise