I'm only lucky that Latias managed to force a tie.

Jolteon lost big time to Quagsire IIRC and Lugia lost by 2. 

But then again, let's see who made it onto round 5.

• Houndoom
  • Froslass
  • Whimsicott
  • Quagsire
  • Quilava
  • Ninetales-A
  • Dragonite
  • Empoleon
  • Vulpix-A
  • Ampharos
  • Metagross
  • Latias
  • Typhlosion
  • Phanpy
  • Porygon-Z
  • Furret
  • Breloom

(Welp, Latias is the only legendary left; Metagross/Dragonite are pseudos. Rest of them still vary from being in relatively good standing in Smogon, or stuff in PU [which a couple of them are])

At least some Alola mons made it in, but those were regional forms. (Also evo families in here, so whether/not they end up fighting each other next round remains to be seen by the RNG). Round 5 is a hell of a lot less congested than L4 is [94 mons in there, as opposed to 17 in regulation]. With that being, Round 4 should end up with 32 next round at minimum [just pray that the tied matches are kept down, because a few of them did end up with everyone going on.] 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Next batch of L4 matches are up.

With that said, vote as usual.

Part about abstention is self-explanatory; if you don't plan on voting, then please don't spam the thread. (You can notify me if I didn't set the thing to public and/or multiple voting). I should've done the former; latter might've been missed, but I think all of them should be fine.

=====

Will need to speed up the regulation bracket too.

• 1 month later...

No, I didn't forget this tournament existed, but like I mentioned, I do have a life outside YCM and other things came up. 

But yeah, round 5 is up. Luckily, there is only one 3P match in this bracket. 

=====

Going to try pushing the rounds back to back with as minimal delay (now that I'm done with finals for Fall 2017, yay). So...let's hope this can finish before the end of the year.

Ideally, I'd like to run Round 6 and L5 concurrently, but yeah. Chances are that it will leak over into 2018, and there's a high chance that it will. I would've liked to have finished this already, but stuff happens. 

Had this been done before US/UM released, things might've ended up different opinion-wise.

The same could be said for a few other matches in terms of last minute voters, but yeah, I suppose this makes round 6 a lot cleaner. At least Latias is still in it, so...keep my remaining nomination alive for the regulation matches. (In terms of the L bracket, I have a handful of them left, so...)

As for the Johto matches, yeah, I had half a mind to end them early because you saw how lopsided the matches were. Outside of those two, everything else was generally close. 

The L5 brackets are up. Hopefully if everything goes smoothly, it drops to 16 at the end (or at least something closer to this boundary); in an ideal world, we have 32 in a 4P thing, but...there were ties.

Also yeah, don't worry if your vote causes a tied match.

====

Will likely have the R6 bracket up later in the day or tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

But yeah, forget about finishing this tournament by tomorrow, so...it'll overlap a bit into 2018. IIRC round 6 should be dropped to top 8 now or something, so it shouldn't be that hard to post them. 

To be fair the tourney might've been done by now if there weren't as many hiatuses/L Bracket, but yeah we're at the business end anyway so it'll only be like mid-Jan when the tourney ends.

Well, blame my coursework / other stuff here (and various other delays that pushed stuff back). Nothing I could do about it. 

Once GPT 9 goes up [after you do the tournament of champions stuff], if we do have the double elimination thing, tournament bracket will be much smaller. Or actually save it until later when bracket is smaller. 

• 1 month later...

Well, it's already February 2018 and tournament still hasn't completed. So yeah, let's go finish up stuff.

Round 6 is up, and after it finishes up, we can get going with the L-bracket. Luckily things are much easier to work with now, so I think we can give them same treatment as the regular fights with images. 

====

Please do not spam in the match threads.

====

L-bracket competitors (to be modified when R6 wraps up)

Cradily

Arcanine

Volcarona

Darkrai

Whimsicott

Wooper

Araquanid

Typhlosion

Goomy

Grovyle

Lucario

Mawile

Leafeon

Porygon-Z

Umbreon

Keldeo

Lilligant

Glaceon

Espeon

Blimey, I didn't realise R6 was up, good thing I found out before the matches ended as I hit the section tab after reading the rules thread.

In our cases, shouldn't change how we already do things in terms of voting and stuff. Most of it is just don't shortpost in the match threads, which is already internally enforced.

But yeah, least you got to it before things end in 5 hours. 

In our cases, shouldn't change how we already do things in terms of voting and stuff. Most of it is just don't shortpost in the match threads, which is already internally enforced.

That is true, yeah.

But yeah, least you got to it before things end in 5 hours. 

especially since 2 of my noms are currently fighting in this batch.

Out of fairness, no one's broken the short post rule except for that one user back in round 1 who posted a macho man pic and compared it to Toucannon. That was long ago, and was addressed. 

But in all seriousness, the quarterfinals finished; you got both your noms in for the semis and I got Latias still going. Question for you is whether stuff ends up colliding next round. Given we're going down to 2 matches, chances of the RNG being a jackass and pitting them both against each other is at least 40%, given one match will be a 3-way. 

However, we'll get to that after the LL6 bracket.

Cradily
Arcanine
Volcarona
Darkrai
Whimsicott
Wooper
Araquanid
Typhlosion
Goomy
Grovyle
Lucario
Mawile
Leafeon
Porygon-Z
Umbreon
Keldeo
Lilligant
Glaceon
Espeon

Breloom

Houndoom

Vulpix-A

(Uh yeah, I retract what I said about Ninetales-A being in the bracket in 6-3; it got eliminated earlier)

But we have half the Eeveelutions in this bracket, so...

=====

I'll have the matches up tomorrow or Thursday. 

But in all seriousness, the quarterfinals finished; you got both your noms in for the semis and I got Latias still going. Question for you is whether stuff ends up colliding next round. Given we're going down to 2 matches, chances of the RNG being a jackass and pitting them both against each other is at least 40%, given one match will be a 3-way. 

To be fair I wouldn't mind if they were pitted against each other in the semis, because then I'd be guaranteed one of them (or both if tied) in the final.

Well, let's get through LL6 first, which is now up at the time of writing.

Right, and if there is a tie for the winner of the loser bracket at the end, whoever won just goes to the final to fight whoever won the regulation bracket. Again, do not worry if your vote causes a draw. But we'll address that when we get there. 

Round L6 is finished up; second half of the matches had ties.

• Espeon
  • Araquanid
  • Houndoom
  • Lucario
  • Lilligant
  • Typhlosion
  • Glaceon
  • Volcarona
  • Porygon-Z
  • Vulpix-A
  • Darkrai
  • Goomy

At max, 14 'mons will be in L7, depending on how R7 turns out. Will likely be 6-7 'mon matches to be uniform with the regular stuff, but we'll see how it works out. 

2 at minimum move on to final in R7

4 at minimum for L7, then L8 to decide who gets into the championship.

• 2 months later...

No, I didn't forget about the tournament (and yes, this has been going for 1 year), but yeah, things happened and whatnot. 

Matches 7-1 and 7-2 are up, so you got the next 48 hours to vote. Just as a sidenote, this is what the RNG willed; I made a screenshot in case it's needed due to things. 

====

Whoever wins get a free round, as L7 (and I think L8) is dealt with to determine who faces them in the final to close up the tournament. 

Archived