Two Little Girls

Sleepy

These are two characters I've been working on. They have no name at the moment.

These are the drawings I have of them at the moment. Still working on making the way they look consistent, as you will most likely notice they don't even look the same height or even age (slightly) from one to another...

[spoiler=Drawings]

e9dDWbo.jpgWvCqgVr.jpg

vwYCkrb.jpg

bERhEwE.jpg

There is a little bit of a story prepared behind them too, for a one-shot comic experiment.

Which I'll edit into this thread the basic idea of it in a little bit, to give some context here.

EDIT:

Girl A (the one in the drawing with the witch hat).

Girl B (the one with the fire-themes).

Girl B is a kid whose parents don't really lend much attention to. Over time this has resulted in her toying with some things she should not have access to without supervision, like lighters, fireworks, etc. She is somewhat of a pyromaniac, and her hair is somewhat puffy because of burned out tips. She is actually decent at handling small fire-related things and overtime has learned about enough safety measures for what she does.

Girl A is a more reserved and well-mannered kid. She is into ghost stories, mysteries, creepypastas, and that sort of thing. Girl A is somewhat overprotected though, so she can't go out and play all that much, at least not the way she'd want to, as she'd love to explore and investigate her neighborhood more as a paranormal detective, as she's seen on TV shows and read in books.

Both girls are best friends and cherish however little amount of time they get to play together. Each one finds a trait from the other one that they long for, and so they complement each other's life when they are close.

- - - - -

^That's the gist of it but I'm still working on little details..... like the entirety of the story for example xD

I kinda like this one :

bERhEwE.jpg

What did you use to make the dark lines ? A small brush or a pen ?

Thanks n.n

It was a brush pen.

[spoiler=They look like this]

QtsrKrm.jpg

The tip is flexible.

I bought it a couple weeks ago and I still struggle to make thinner smoother lines. I don't have the amount of control I wish I had, but it is a lot of fun.

I too like a lot the 4th drawing with the witch girl.

They are still in draft phase so understandably they need work, but on the first 2 drafts, I kind of already see that you may have issues with drawing both girls hugging each other from their shoulders, and IMO in a way it doesn't fit the witch girl's personality. So, I think it would be more suitable, plus it may make it easier for you to draw them, if the witch girl hugged her pyromaniac friend from her waist instead, like more discreetly, while pyromaniac girl still hugs her friend from her shoulder, so you can have an easier time drawing their arms without making them conflict or look too tangled or unnatural.

Also, nitpicking here but the image on the pyro girl's graphic t-shirt could be better xD

Maybe it's just me, but I had to think more than once to get across the message with that drawing of a campfire, so another depicting of fire could be more intuitive, if you get what I mean. Not sure how to explain this better but, for example, first I read it as "It told me to campfire things", then I connected the dots of campfire = burn, so... yeah, a picture that is more associated to action of "burning", or a picture that shows something burning, could help.

Then again, I guess that will be solved ad you progress with the drawing.

I too like a lot the 4th drawing with the witch girl.

They are still in draft phase so understandably they need work, but on the first 2 drafts, I kind of already see that you may have issues with drawing both girls hugging each other from their shoulders, and IMO in a way it doesn't fit the witch girl's personality. So, I think it would be more suitable, plus it may make it easier for you to draw them, if the witch girl hugged her pyromaniac friend from her waist instead, like more discreetly, while pyromaniac girl still hugs her friend from her shoulder, so you can have an easier time drawing their arms without making them conflict or look too tangled or unnatural.

Also, nitpicking here but the image on the pyro girl's graphic t-shirt could be better xD

Maybe it's just me, but I had to think more than once to get across the message with that drawing of a campfire, so another depicting of fire could be more intuitive, if you get what I mean. Not sure how to explain this better but, for example, first I read it as "It told me to campfire things", then I connected the dots of campfire = burn, so... yeah, a picture that is more associated to action of "burning", or a picture that shows something burning, could help.

Then again, I guess that will be solved ad you progress with the drawing.

That hug suggestion is a pretty good idea. Gotta take note of that and re-draw xD

I have that awkward moment where the hug drawing turned out better in the worst piece of paper, lol.

As for the fire shirt bit, I am thinking on something that looks cute yet crude. Like those shirts with happy unicorns they sell at Hot Topic that read "go to hell". Something like a kawaii face on a fire.... That's my idea but for now I just made that campfire admittedly without all that much thought on the graphic design aspect of it. In fact, even aspects of the very words in the shirt bother me. I would not personally buy that shirt as is myself xD

As for the fire shirt bit, I am thinking on something that looks cute yet crude. Like those shirts with happy unicorns they sell at Hot Topic that read "go to hell". Something like a kawaii face on a fire.... That's my idea but for now I just made that campfire admittedly without all that much thought on the graphic design aspect of it. In fact, even aspects of the very words in the shirt bother me. I would not personally buy that shirt as is myself xD

Oh, yeah, that would look really cool. Personally, I would get a shirt with that message, if it had a graphic that I could associate better to burning something xD

Also, want to add that I really like the concept and premise of the story: two girls with apparently clashing personalities becoming best friends forever; can't wait to find out how they met, how their meetings usually go, and the pyromaniac girl messing with fire or performing tricks and her witch friend reacting to it.

By the way, I think what appear to be candles on the head of pyromaniac girl is overdoing it; instead, IMO it would look cuter if she had a spark stick on her ear, or 1 in each ears; you know, in the same fashion one places a pencil or pen there, but with a lighted spark stick.

vwYCkrb.jpg

I absolutely love her face

Tbh I like their ideas and stories xD Have you thought about them THAT much? :o And can we expect more from them in the future?

(also will they have names? XD)

Also, can't wait to see them finished (if you ever finish them, ms.lazybutt ;P)

vwYCkrb.jpg

I absolutely love her face

Tbh I like their ideas and stories xD Have you thought about them THAT much? :o And can we expect more from them in the future?

(also will they have names? XD)

Also, can't wait to see them finished (if you ever finish them, ms.lazybutt ;P)

You got me there xD

I might not finish up THIS specific set of drawings. They are concept art and some of these are too small for proper coloring.

However, these are pretty much practice for the real deal so I do plan on doing more with them.

I planned this for a couple days, to be honest it's not any more elaborated than a lot of other stuff I've done that I just don't turn into finished projects.... In fact this might be one of the least elaborated ones since it is so new. I find them to be perfect practice to make a simple slice of life-like comic with them and get me some much needed experience.

Archived