A Link Monster for DIVINE monsters, because I thought, why not? So this card can bring out DIVINE monsters from your hand, but halves their ATK/DEF, though as long as you control one, it boost its own ATK as well. Along with that, it has a protection effect if your opponent targets the monsters with effects.

FUC9PMR.png

Link 2 - 2 monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Divine-Beast-Type monster from your hand to this card’s Linked Zone, ignoring the Summoning conditions, but its ATK and DEF are halved. This card gains 1000 ATK for each DIVINE monster linked to it. During either player’s turn, if a DIVINE monster you control is targeted by your opponent’s card effect: You can negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card. You can only use this effect of “Divine Protector” once per turn.

Just for clarification to everyone, you ARE permitted to make DIVINE support cards, but just not any new DIVINE monsters in this section (for the time being). But moving on...

Right now, you really only have access to Slifer and Obelisk in terms of summoning them via the on-summon effect (because all forms of Ra are still SS-locked). I suppose you could let it ignore Summon conditions (but then Immortal Phoenix is something else to worry about, and yes, Horakthy exists [i cannot believe KoA's name change decision on that part]). Targeting/banish effect is fine for the most part; Obelisk doesn't need it because it's already immune to targeting effects period, but the other two would appreciate that after their initial summon (taking into consideration certain forms of quick targeting/removal nowadays).

That in mind, card has very limited targets to even work with, so while it does grant the gods more protection and all, it relies on you actually have the God cards in hand and doesn't really offer much to help them survive the meta (getting them out quicker is a start though). As much as I would've liked to say that you could make this easily via Ra's Disciple, that has its own summon lock that prevents you from doing this.

===

Going back to what I said about letting this card ignore the Summon conditions, this is mostly to make Ra actually viable to play. Though, if you want to avoid the issue with Horakthy, just have it specify Divine-Beast-Type monster instead of DIVINE (functionally, it does the same thing except excluding the Creator God). But it's up to you if you want to do it or not; only one you'd probably need to worry about is Immortal/God Phoenix [OG Ra still sucks].

Just for clarification to everyone, you ARE permitted to make DIVINE support cards, but just not any new DIVINE monsters in this section (for the time being). But moving on...

Right now, you really only have access to Slifer and Obelisk in terms of summoning them via the on-summon effect (because all forms of Ra are still SS-locked). I suppose you could let it ignore Summon conditions (but then Immortal Phoenix is something else to worry about, and yes, Horakthy exists [i cannot believe KoA's name change decision on that part]). Targeting/banish effect is fine for the most part; Obelisk doesn't need it because it's already immune to targeting effects period, but the other two would appreciate that after their initial summon (taking into consideration certain forms of quick targeting/removal nowadays).

That in mind, card has very limited targets to even work with, so while it does grant the gods more protection and all, it relies on you actually have the God cards in hand and doesn't really offer much to help them survive the meta (getting them out quicker is a start though). As much as I would've liked to say that you could make this easily via Ra's Disciple, that has its own summon lock that prevents you from doing this.

===

Going back to what I said about letting this card ignore the Summon conditions, this is mostly to make Ra actually viable to play. Though, if you want to avoid the issue with Horakthy, just have it specify Divine-Beast-Type monster instead of DIVINE (functionally, it does the same thing except excluding the Creator God). But it's up to you if you want to do it or not; only one you'd probably need to worry about is Immortal/God Phoenix [OG Ra still sucks].

I forgot that was even a rule.

Hm yeah, I forgot that part, I guess I could make it say Divine-Beas-Type instead and make it ignore the Summoning conditions.

I can only see the ATK being halved affecting Obelisk. Slifer and all the forms of Ra that can be Special Summoned by this card all have 0 ATK by default. Also, at the end of the turn, Slifer or Obelisk would self-destruct, making it not worth much in the long run. Maybe you could make it so DIVINE monsters linked to Divine Protector can't be destroyed by your own card effects.

Archived