Yu-Gi-Ball, when Yu-Gi-Oh! and Dragon Ball meet... (fan project)

des&angel

xcV9m8U.png

Hey you! Have you been a Dragon Ball fan since you were little? Have you always played Yu-Gi-Oh! since Exodia came out? If you don’t like the idea of a mix between these wonderful moments of our childhood, then stop reading and go back. But if this idea tickles you, then proceed.

Today is the birth of an ambitious project, still amateur, that binds in an original way the anime that filled our afternoons with joy (and it keeps on doing it, every Sunday, doesn’t it?) and the most famous playing card game.

Admit it, even you have tried, at least once in life, to create custom Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Well, if you haven’t, at least you’ve thought about it.

Yu-Gi-Ball project imposes itself to be as near and as faithful as possible to the genuineness of the original products. As far as Dragon Ball is concerned, we have decided to opt for the English names (and Italian Mediaset names for the Italian versions of the cards).

As for Yu-Gi-Oh!, the main core has been untouched, with a little surprise that really fits well with the represented characters. In fact, the cards created in this project have a full art, as you probably have already noticed from the banner above (the cards below will be in English).

The majority of the artoworks used has been taken from Dokkan Battle, while the minority from deviantART users, such as Grazar, who we thank. If by any chance we have forgotten anyone, please bear in mind that it is all in good faith: this project is totally free, usable by everyone and absolutely non profit. The copyright belongs indeed to the respective owners. This is merely fair use.

If the project is succesful, it will be translated into different languages, starting from English (which we already have started honestly).

I believe that’s all for today, here you go the first 15 cards from the first series of Dragon Ball. Are you ready to see the fantastic effects of Kid Goku, Kid Krillin, Master Roshi and many more? All you need to do is look below!

The card list will be updated every week, so make sure not to lose any update, because, as you know, once the first Dragon Ball series is over, Z is coming! I don’t wanna spoil you anything, just enjoy this preview.

A very important thing left to be said is that the project will continue regardless of donations, that are available down here. We indeed do not intend to turn this fan project into a lucre machine. We just want you to have fun with Yu-Gi-Ball!

[spoiler=Yu-Gi-Ball Cards: Dragon Ball: First Series, first 15 cards]6WHNy0j.jpg

iGMidxV.jpg

jSuq0D8.jpg

MxBgzVq.jpg

EYCoJWc.jpg

FOORsOX.jpg

iywcnY9.jpg

zWOkUai.jpg

9sZqCsa.jpg

oK7DPgg.jpg

8eykPka.jpg

jARrg59.jpg

VJQ3BRF.png

KM77rpU.jpg

JwLMSeq.jpg

What do you think are gonna be the next cards? Comment here below with your predictions and you may be selected to create a card with your suggested effects!

Dpaw4eo.png

Here if you wanna offer us a coffee:

[spoiler=Donations]vZYh2f7.png

I apologize for jpg quality but I didn't want to make the thread too heavy. If requested, I will upload a rar with the png's. If you spot any mistake, please make sure to let me know! I'd like to receive as much feedback as possible, even if its' negative, this helps a lot! If there's any way to make the pictures look smaller without having to upload them again, I'd like to know that lol (not so good with codes btw).

Well, all cards seem nice and are balanced, also are pretty playable exept one: full power roshi.

Exept i have an mistake(in that case srry) if you equip him with megamorp, and activate their eff, they atk will be 4000 + 4000 cause megamorph eff, so you can do an instant OTK, maybe if you make him atk have an maximum (6000 for example) you will be able to stop it.

Also there is an card that do exactly the same than Puar, its called penguin soldier.

That is all.

Also, i like your idea, i will follow this

Just a side note; Divine Warning is an exact replica of Solemn Warning itself (name is essentially what it would read if translated from Japanese). So yeah, you may want to modify the effect a bit there (unless this was intended to be an OriCa or something).

====

I know you posted this in Showcase initially, but was moved because the content fits this section better than it would in the GFX area.

Just a side note; Divine Warning is an exact replica of Solemn Warning itself (name is essentially what it would read if translated from Japanese). So yeah, you may want to modify the effect a bit there (unless this was intended to be an OriCa or something).

====

I know you posted this in Showcase initially, but was moved because the content fits this section better than it would in the GFX area.

Divine Warning was intentional, knowing that the Japanese name contains the word "Kami" in its name. As for the section, no worries, I believe the thread has been moved to the most appropriate subforum.

What to you think about the cards in general?

Finally good to see another good Dragon Ball uploader! XD

The custom template is awesome. A lot of the effects, while not that original in most cases, still mostly fit with the chosen characters.

Your OCG is almost, if not perfect.

Don't worry about Divine Warning. I've done the same with plenty of my cards (though I have a complete set of rules with the game that explains why some have the same effects as existing cards).

Can't wait to see your progress.

My favorite so far is Max Roshi. And don't worry about him either. He isn't over powered at all.

Please check out my stuff when you get the chance.

Truly well done once again.

Feels like you could play a decent fun deck with the R.R. cards so far.

Up to 45 cards now. Do you have a planned amount? Have you already created the full set and just release them with time, or are you making them as you go?

R.R. will have future supports as you can imagine. As for the number of cards, I haven't planned anything yet, mainly for two reasons:

1) Laziness

2) Might as well update the set with new cards, so yeah, no point in having a planned amount

As for the set, I'd say we are a little bit ahead of the released cards, as far as DBFS is concerned. As for DBZ, we have more in stock. I still don't know if we will pause the DBFS set for a while (as I'm having a pretty heavy month) or try to roll it till the end. Anyway, if we had to pause DBFS, DBZ would receive an early release, so that's not that bad either.

Just letting you know.
The moderator here has gotten REALLY strict this past year about doing an update at least per week or he'll lock your thread.
I'm SUPER busy myself and only updated monthly before, but now I have no choice.
I've caught up on my cards and I'm forced to come make more every week now to keep it going. This can lead to less creativity, which is what I take pride in most for my gallery.

I'm almost positive he's gonna lock mine soon. I only got 2 weeks left of cards to go. XD

I'll just clear this up because the above user seems to be reading the bump policies for all of CC improperly. (Also the bump policy has been the way it is since late 2014; it has not been modified since then). Policies are structured the way they are to ensure that newer content can be seen, and that members have their sets up to a working standard.

• If you don't have updates, then you have 2 weeks (14 days) to bump the thread after the last post. So you have another week than what he claims above for plain bumping.
  • If you do have updates (new content or sizable updates to existing stuff), then you have up to 60 days (or roughly 2 months) to make an update; this to account for other things like work, school and so forth. Also to give you time to develop content that's up to standard. While we will not hold you to the same standards in Advanced, stuff still needs to be designed properly.
    • However, if you do need to bump at a later time beyond 2 months, PM me and we can work out something.
      • (Or considering this is a group thing, you can have someone affiliated with the project post the content for you; just make sure we know that they're one of the people doing this.)

But either way, you're not in a rush to post your cards, however it's also advised that you don't overload your threads with too much content. Right now, yours is still the size of a Booster SP pack; a lot of cards to look through, but is still manageable to look through. 

In your case, all bumps are usually with updates, so you still have the 2 month window.

(I'm talking to the thread creator)

I'll just clear this up because the above user seems to be reading the bump policies for all of CC improperly. (Also the bump policy has been the way it is since late 2014; it has not been modified since then). Policies are structured the way they are to ensure that newer content can be seen, and that members have their sets up to a working standard.

• If you don't have updates, then you have 2 weeks (14 days) to bump the thread after the last post. So you have another week than what he claims above for plain bumping.
  • If you do have updates (new content or sizable updates to existing stuff), then you have up to 60 days (or roughly 2 months) to make an update; this to account for other things like work, school and so forth. Also to give you time to develop content that's up to standard. While we will not hold you to the same standards in Advanced, stuff still needs to be designed properly.
    • However, if you do need to bump at a later time beyond 2 months, PM me and we can work out something.
      • (Or considering this is a group thing, you can have someone affiliated with the project post the content for you; just make sure we know that they're one of the people doing this.)

But either way, you're not in a rush to post your cards, however it's also advised that you don't overload your threads with too much content. Right now, yours is still the size of a Booster SP pack; a lot of cards to look through, but is still manageable to look through. 

In your case, all bumps are usually with updates, so you still have the 2 month window.

(I'm talking to the thread creator)

Just based it off what happened to me...

So basically if I post nothing at all, not even a "bump" comment, my thread SHOULDN'T be locked for 2 months?

Cause if so, I might go to 2 week - 1 month updates again.

(Just don't want to go through the hassle of getting everything unlocked again and again...)

If you don't update within 2 months (and have no explanation for the absence; I can waive the time requirement if there is a legitimate reason that you can't update) or if another member necro's it past the standard period, then threads usually get locked under section policies.

But otherwise, if you leave it alone for 2 months and no one bumps it (which is usually newer members, and posts are hidden), you CAN update it en masse with changes and won't get locked. Going back to the exception, if you've been gone a really long time and thread is somewhere on a previous page, it's probably better to just remake the thread. [Experimental usually doesn't get too much traffic nowadays]

(I have to be fair to all users in this section; even though I am aware your thread has several years of work put in there and it is a pain.)

There is some gray area within the bump policies, but that area usually doesn't need addressing (except in rare cases). 

===

General advice to the thread creator (based on how your thread is faring now):

• Don't add too much stuff to your thread; the more stuff you have in there, the less likely people will be to review anything.
    • Yes, we have the Advanced Clause, which prohibits making solely simple compliments/rating, but it's to help you get proper feedback on what you can improve on for cardmaking. (Members can still compliment your work, but just that they have to back up their opinion; the word requirement is much more manageable than one may think and just the entire set as a whole; NOT individual cards.)
    • Hulkty has over 500+ in his collection; some have needed to be diverted to other threads due to the main post breaking under the content. So yeah, an ideal amount (considering the cards are OriCas) are probably 100/post, then you may have to move stuff into separate posts or different threads. Hopefully it doesn't get to this point, but we'll deal with it as it comes.

• 2 months later...

Archived