how to find a cards lua script?

mjm8787

Is it possible to search this way?  Ive been searching for a while for how to do this and a few places suggested to do "frankenstein scripting" but didnt say, once you find a card with a similar eff, how to find its scripts.  Maybe its so easy and I'm over looking it, but the script names don't match the id of the card so idk what to open in SciTE.

The eff I'm trying to script is "If this card is normal summoned: you can equip one (category "ball" ) equip spell card from your deck to this card. 

"fairy tail - Rella (52022648) has a related eff but how do I find that card in the scripts folder so I can locate its "equip one spell card from your hand, deck or graveyard to this card" script?

Not looking for an answer on how to script that specific thing, but how to search for scripts when I find a card with a related eff I'm wanting to copy or modify?

Probably wasn't mentioned because searching for it should be a relatively obvious concept; much like how you would search for any other file on your computer. Locate the script file inside the "Scripts" folder; will probably help if you use the search function to find c52022648.lua.

=====

To find scripts for cards, you need to look for c[xxx].lua, [xxx] being the card ID that's printed in brackets when accessing the cards in YGOPro. Don't look for the card names in the filename, or you won't find anything.

wow thanks!  Even after you explained it I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong, I could find the cards when searching the number from the script file on ygopro, but card after card (for 5 mins) I couldnt find the number from ygopro in the scripts file.  (which is what I was trying before making this post).

Turns out i wasnt adding the "c" in front of the # when searching in the file folder so it always came up blank!!!

Gosh, wasted 2 hours over something so simple (before making this post).  ( I also couldnt find the # when manually scanning for it, which i guess i over looked it, which made me think the numbers didnt match up and  they were randomly linked, which sent me on a wild goose chase).

Anyway thanks!

Archived