Priestess Swordmaster

The Nyx Avatar

The main intent was a generic Level 6 Synchro monster with a Tribute effect. If destruction seems repetitive, I would be fine with changing it to something such as reducing ATK, changing face-down, banishing, ect. The ATK increase is just to get over some bodies, while still remaining vulnerable to Normal Summoned monsters.

N2jowQa.png

EARTH

Level 6

Warrior/Synchro/Effect

ATK:2400

DEF:2400

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
If this card battles a Special Summoned monster: You can increase this card's ATK by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step. You can Tribute this card; destroy 1 card on the field. You can only activate this effect of "Priestess Swordmaster" once per turn.

I'm slightly discouraged by the 1000 ATK buff, mostly because it's extremely easy to trigger it with a huge part of the game being Special Summoning. The destruction effect is fine as well as the OPT clause, but I feel this would be slightly more balanced if the ATK buff was lowered to something in the 400-700 ATK range; either that or decrease the Priestess base ATK to where a Level 6 Synchro isn't using a single effect to outclass a ginormous pool of higher leveled monsters.

I'm slightly discouraged by the 1000 ATK buff, mostly because it's extremely easy to trigger it with a huge part of the game being Special Summoning. The destruction effect is fine as well as the OPT clause, but I feel this would be slightly more balanced if the ATK buff was lowered to something in the 400-700 ATK range; either that or decrease the Priestess base ATK to where a Level 6 Synchro isn't using a single effect to outclass a ginormous pool of higher leveled monsters.

Not really. It only activates if it attacks, not if it battles, and the increase isn't permanent. A monster like Gravity Warrior has an attack increase effect as well (which remains while it's face-up on the field), and for the longest time, Goyo Guardian was the generic Level 6 Synchro with the highest attack, and a Special Summon effect in addition.

Looks solid to me. The second effect basically makes it a Dire Wolf for the Syncrho6 pool. It doesn't target but eh, I think you can get away with it on this one. The first effect is really handy for running over big monsters if the deck doesn't inherently have beaters to clash against, and it kind of synergizes with the second effect by allowing it to destroy by battle a monster that is unaffected by effect destruction.

My first thought is that it's underwhelming. Only 2000 ATK on a Level 6? Sure, it can become 3000 when it attacks a Special Summoned monster, but what if your opponent Normal Summoned something, like maybe a Monarch or a Blue-Eyes (probably via Keeper or Kaiser Sea Horse)? Maybe you could raise its base ATK to 2300 or 2400.

It's a nice idea for a card, though. It only needs generic Materials, and since it's an EARTH Warrior / Synchro, it can potentially benefit your Goyo deck (though I'd much rather run Predator or Guardian). The effect to destroy a card on the field can ruin your opponent's strategy, whether it be offensive or defensive.

My first thought is that it's underwhelming. Only 2000 ATK on a Level 6? Sure, it can become 3000 when it attacks a Special Summoned monster, but what if your opponent Normal Summoned something, like maybe a Monarch or a Blue-Eyes (probably via Keeper or Kaiser Sea Horse)? Maybe you could raise its base ATK to 2300 or 2400.

In that case, you are better off with another Synchro6 like Coral Dragon, Red Wyvern or (erratad) Brionac. The main perk of this card is its non-targeting Dire Wolf effect, IMO; and like Dire Wolf, it may not be one of the top Synchro6s pick to run, but if your deck is Synchro6-centric or has the Extra Deck space for it, then it should be a solid addition.

It's a nice idea for a card, though. It only needs generic Materials, and since it's an EARTH Warrior / Synchro, it can potentially benefit your Goyo deck (though I'd much rather run Predator or Guardian). The effect to destroy a card on the field can ruin your opponent's strategy, whether it be offensive or defensive.

Altered its ATK/DEF and changed it to trigger if it battles.

Archived