First try

a663

Greetings.  I'm new in the forum.  I'm working in a new archetype called: Infernal Maidens, and I decided to side deck some to deal with Quasar Dragon and similar synchros.  This card uses a new summoning mechanic that allows it to be special summon directly from the deck under very specific conditions.  No art I use is mine.  Credits go to the original artists.

Sorry,I/m having trouble uploading the image.

Name:  INFERNAL MAIDENS - MEGA DRAGON EATER GODDESS

Type: Monster Effect / Fiend

Attribute: Earth

ATK: 6000

DEF: 0

Effect: This card can only be  summon by it's own effect.  This card cannot be use as a material for the summoning of a monster from the extra deck or a ritual summon.  This card cannot be tribute.  The summoning of this card cannot be negated.  This card is unaffected by other cards effects.  Special summon this card, from either your deck, hand or graveyard, the moment your opponent special summons a SYNCHRO DRAGON lv 10 or higher.  This card can only attack that dragon, and cards effects cannot be activated when it attacks.  Shuffle this card back into the deck the moment your opponent no longer control such a dragon, and then, your opponent draws 5 cards.

Thanks for reading.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effect and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When your opponent Special Summons a Level 10 or higher Dragon-Type Synchro Monster: Special Summon this card from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. This card's Summon cannot be negated. Cannot be Tributed or used as material for a Summon. Unaffected by other card effects. When this card attacks, it can only target that monster for attacks, also card or effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. If that monster leaves the field: Shuffle this card into the Deck, then your opponent draws 5 cards.

===

OK then, now that I got the OCG fix out of the way, let's see:

• Card requires that your opponent summons a Level 10 Dragon-Type Synchro. OK...it's not like stuff such as Star Eater and RDA Tyrant, plus the occasional Quasar/maybe Blazar plays exist (not like they can spam as easily due to the new mechanics). Right, and Ultimaya.
  • Summoning from anywhere? Yeah, this one is drawing concerns due to this card having 6000 ATK (there is no reason for this card to have more than 5000 ATK, and even then, that's just overkill coupled with inability to be negated and blanket immunity)
  • Attacks only that monster. OCG is a pain to write for that sort of thing, but I guess it prevents you from killing other stuff with its excessive ATK.
  • Shuffles self into the Deck; not like I see the opponent getting rid of it that easily on their own, but I suppose this is the one major drawback for this card.

Card is really badly designed as it just screams "I hate Quasar Dragon and the like" and has excessive ATK. Just for the record, Quasar isn't really seeing as much play due to its combo pieces being shot by earlier banlists (and Link format certainly isn't helping; well, they can still make it, but requires more hoops). As said before, there is no reason for this to have 6K ATK, even if just a specific counter. There are ways to get around Quasar that don't involve making something like this.

I apologize if I was harsh in this review, but the ATK really needs to be toned down (or really, this card in general needs to be reworked completely, considering it can be summoned from anywhere, has absurdly large ATK, blanket immunity and an Armades clause).

Hi.  Thanks for reading.  How about this then:

Name:  INFERNAL MAIDENS - MEGA DRAGON EATER GODDESS

Type: Monster Effect / Fiend

Attribute: Earth

ATK: 4000

DEF: 0

Effect: 

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  Must be Special Summoned by its own effect and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.  When your opponent Special Summons a Level 10 or higher Dragon-Type Synchro Monster: Special Summon this card from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.  This card's Summon cannot be negated.  Cannot be Tribute or used as material for a Summon.  When this card attacks, it can only target that monster for attacks, also card or effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step.  When this card is destroy by battle, your opponent will draw 5 cards.

Archived