Subterror Fiendess

6d4fa48a6df2c8bb05b763302397e87b.jpg

During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Subterror" monster you control; negate the activation, then change the targeted monster to face-down Defense Position. You can target 1 face-up monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Subterror" monster from your hand or Graveyard, in face-up or face-down Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Subterror Fiendess" once per turn.

During either player's turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send this card from your hand or Field to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Subterror" monster you control; negate the activation, then change the targeted monster to face-down Attack Position. 

face-down Attack Position.

STOP TAUNTING ME! HE'S ALREADY DEAD! STOOPPPPPP! (you might wanna change that)

Better than the last low Level Subterror at least. It does more or less what I wanted these to do: Summon. Given how it doesn't specify another monster for its second effect, I guess you could just change this face-down and bring out whatever large body from your hand.

It's even got nice ATK for a Level 1.

> Named Fiendess

> Isn't a fiend

But this card is really good. They finally got their in-archetype play starter.

As a sidenote, those are some decently high stats for a level 1. I mean, it really doesn't matter, but it is pretty surprising.

> Named Fiendess

> Isn't a fiend

I think if they ever make more, the Level 8 or 11 would be Aqua-Type, as we already have Rock, Pyro, and soon Thunder-Type. Though, I could see Dragon or Dinosaur added in. As for the Level 1, I think it'd be Spellcaster, but who knows; it may be Beast-Type, maybe a horse like Agro from Shadow of the Colossus.

Called it!

But this card is really good. They finally got their in-archetype play starter.

What about Archer? Or is her utility for later?

to be fair this isn't so much a starter as it is a really good copy of book of eclipse / moon, its an ok normal summon since it looks like it can flip itself facedown

To be fair, moving on from a 2-card playstarter that still requires another combo piece in hand (where 1 piece is unsearchable) to a 1-card searchable playstarter (still usually requiring another combo piece in hand, admittedly) is a pretty big improvement.

What about Archer? Or is her utility for later?

Archer sux IMO, floater meems too brick

Deck still heavily Normal Summon-focused which I think will be their main bottleneck in future??? But it's def an improvement and calling it a bottleneck not quite accurate when the 1 playstarter vomits out all Subterror Behemoths in your hand

At a guess Kanimo wants the player to use deck as Fiendess recycling with Clash to play on opp's turn/spam big board same kinda deal, but that all seems like bad way of taking advantage of Fiendess actually being pretty good

Archived