March of Darkness

MarchOfDarkness.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

COTD-JP059 闇の進軍 Yami no Shingun (March of Darkness)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Target 1 “Lightsworn” monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand, then, banish cards from the top of your Deck equal to the original Level of that monster.

source: https://ygorganization.com/thetwilightbrigadecometh/

It would have been balanced if it could still add back Judgement Dragon and Punishment Dragon, however without it there are just many better cards ... it is terrible in setting up a Punishment play and in every way inferior and less reliable than snoww, has less power than snoww and even contradicts Lightsworn's playstyle, solar recharge and charge of the light brigade are in every possible way superior (except that recharge can brick ...).

Edit: Should have been a twillightsworn restricted charge of the light brigade, considering it would still be far inferior.

To heck with how effective the card is or not:

I'm counting about 13 figures in the image, which includes the silhouettes in the background. Hold on to your butts, boys and girls, 'cuz the (Twi)Lightsworns 'bout to get in dat ass.

Im still waiting for that card that adds the card with the most amount of monsters on its art from your deck to your hand.

Too bad there are some LS cards that want to be milled by LS monsters, so S/T support is mostly gonna be for JD's sake or Lumina's toolboxing.

I'm not too sure but wouldn't it be a little inconsistent that half your archetype depends on banished cards and the other in milling to the Grave?
I guess not in its own deck, which is most likely gonna be mainly the Twilightsworn part of the members, with very few sprinkled techs from the OGs.

Seems fine for speed, though LS is pretty much already able to deck itself out with ease if you so wanted it. Still, if the new LS need/want to banish, then this fills a niche the other S/T didn't fill.

Too bad there are some LS cards that want to be milled by LS monsters, so S/T support is mostly gonna be for JD's sake or Lumina's toolboxing.

I'm not too sure but wouldn't it be a little inconsistent that half your archetype depends on banished cards and the other in milling to the Grave?

I guess not in its own deck, which is most likely gonna be mainly the Twilightsworn part of the members, with very few sprinkled techs from the OGs.

Seems fine for speed, though LS is pretty much already able to deck itself out with ease if you so wanted it. Still, if the new LS need/want to banish, then this fills a niche the other S/T didn't fill.

You already had Fairy Tail Snow to banish cards

Archived