• Super Moderators
  • 36,107 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

zE8OXvf.jpg

Arashizakura the War Dragon Sovereign

Level 10 - WIND - Dragon/Synchro/Effect

3300/2500

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.

① Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

② Once per turn: You can target up to 2 cards your opponent controls and/or in their Graveyard; banish them.

How long have I been here again?

http://www.pixiv.net...ust_id=12610777

(If you guys want to use the art for yourself, go ahead. Yes, I went on Pixiv for this.)

======

You know what to do with this.

Reps given for proper reviews under the Advanced Clause.

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Darj

Darj

Brightest Way

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

It's quite the powerhouse, IMO. At first glance I found it okay-ish because despite the protection effect because Utopia Lightning invalidates it anyway, but when it's backing up that OPT x2 banish removal then it has quite the strong presence. It may still die to Utopia next turn, but by then it already paid off with the banishment. Moreover, Utopia is just one of the splashable outs; if the opponent doesn't have it, it may have a hard time dealing with this card that will continue banishing its resources. Also one of my first thoughts was to compare it with Clear Wing Synchro Dragon due to their similar material requirements, but they aren't actually comparable since Clear Wing is for stunning the opponent, while this punches the opponent and deals with already present threats; if anything, they either fill different niches because of their different Synchro level pools, or if a deck can access both, then they complement each other.

I find amusing how Blue-Eyes can access this with relatively ease with Azure/Spirit Dragon + Level1 Tuner. Sucks that it cannot be brought back with Gospel/Return of Dragon Lords :v

2017 Monster Tickets

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,107 posts

I suppose one could say Crystal Wing is more "passive", whereas this is the aggressive version that hits stuff harder (and with a higher base ATK). But yeah, this was intended to be a power Synchro to deal with relevant threats (and also have a role within Level 10 Synchros; not that any of them bar maybe Leo and RDA Tyrant/Bane are doing much nowadays). Think Blue-Eyes could run this and Crystal Wing, albeit accessing the latter would require cycling another Tuner + tributing Azure-Eyes for something like Moonlight BRD / Michael or w/e Level 7 LIGHT Dragon Synchro that exists [and feels like more effort than actually worth just to make Crystal in there].

(Or you can ladder off Crystal Wing or something in this, then revive Crystal later via Gospel. That'll probably do it.)

Yeah, can't be revived, but at least Gospel still protects it in battle for the most part (bar against S39, but he's everywhere by now) and like you mentioned, by the time this goes, 2 of your opponent's resources will be gone and not really accessible. I would've considered adding the hand too, but then it'd just become a much stronger version of Trishula (well, in the sense that it triggers more, and flexible with where you can banish from / how many cards).

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Darj

Darj

Brightest Way

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,006 posts

Actually, AFAIK Return/Gospel can indeed protect this card from being destroyed by battle by Utopia Lightning, and that's a noteworthy boon. And being indestructible by effects, it makes it harder for the opponent to get you to spend that Gospel/Return before attacking it with Utopia.

At the very least Kaijus can deal with this card but still, it pays off after using its effect once.

2017 Monster Tickets

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Fruiota_Hiroshi

Fruiota_Hiroshi

Things happen.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
You could easily Accel Synchro Summon it. Literally just choose this instead of, say, Stardust Warrior.

It's got reasonable ATK for a Level 10, that's for sure. It's more than the aforementioned Stardust Warrior, but that's not outlandish. (Still less than Obelisk.)

The first effect is pretty reasonable, especially considering its Summoning requirements and condition. The second effect is rather potent, giving this card worth in many different decks. I can see anything from RDAs to Synchrons and Speedroids to Superheavy Samurai (yes, Samurai is the plural of Samurai) using it. It sucks that you can't banish your own cards (poor Shiranui decks and Superheavy Samurai decks that run any Spells/Traps), but that doesn't matter as much, I guess.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 36,107 posts

For Superheavies, they technically have Tetsudo'o now, but even that's a pain to summon. (Not sure if you're still recommended to play 40-card monster mash though for them.) Shiranui should have enough resources to banish themselves iirc, but both of these could appreciate getting rid of problem cards they cannot deal with on their own.

But yeah, Accel Synchro is still an option if you want to, even though it's not as restrictive on the summon conditions. (Guess you can use up excess Tuners and stuff in that case). Banishing 2 cards per turn is a power effect, but you probably need it to deal with floaters and other stuff nowadays [especially Graveyard triggers].

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users