[COTD] Supreme King’s Wrath

426a5aee.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl=1

Haoh no Gekirin / Supreme King’s Wrath
Normal Trap Card
(1) If you control “Supreme King Z-ARC”: Destroy as many monsters you control as possible, except “Supreme King Z-ARC”, and if you do, Special Summon up to 4 “Supreme King Servant Dragon” monsters with different names from your hand, Deck, Extra Deck, and/or Graveyard, ignoring the summoning conditions.
(2) You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 “Supreme King Servant Dragon” Xyz Monster you control; attach 2 “Supreme King Servant Dragon” monsters from your Graveyard and/or face-up Extra Deck to that target as Xyz Materials.

But wait, if you were to destroy as many as possible, how would I use Link Monster to Summon the monsters? Unless ignoring the Summoning conditions means I can put them in the Main Monster Zone. Or maybe you are expected to get them from the Graveyard? I'm confused, this is a weird card.

You are supposed to revive a few, which is why you can do less ... better than expected, though I would like more main deck monsters instead.

But wait, if you were to destroy as many as possible, how would I use Link Monster to Summon the monsters? Unless ignoring the Summoning conditions means I can put them in the Main Monster Zone. Or maybe you are expected to get them from the Graveyard? I'm confused, this is a weird card.

You don't. :')

Card literally hamstrung by Links

No effort made to have it otherwise

This card amused me at first, because it's buffed from the anime version in that you don't need to take 2000+ Battle Damage, but get the same effect.

Then I remembered that Konami arbitrarily changed the rules of how every Extra Deck Summoning method works. Specifically, that all forms of "SS from Extra Deck" is restricted.

funk. Links.

Archived