[COTD] Spellbook of Rudra

Could work, might as well auto scoop to Imperial order though. 

The idea is a cool for a couple of reasons. 

>Searchable God Removal in the form of fate

>Easier Trish (Blue+Falco+LV5)

>Easier Draw Power

>Searchable Reborn (Life)

The problems it runs into is mainly deck space and the contested normal. 

Normal Dolls are gonna run some combination of Math and Armageddon w/ techs of Monk maybe

Now you have to factor in Blue-Boy

I'd be fascinated if someone gets a build however

Spellbook Shaddolls were the first thing I tried when I was looking to splash the engine in something. The key to keeping this hybrid consistent is to build it as a Shaddoll deck first and keep the Spellbook engine as minimal as possible while still capitalizing on the engine's benefits, mainly draw power via Rudra and the Grand Tower, deck thinning, and Fate's removal. It'd be really nice to have 3 Mathematician in this build especially, but oh well, Konami takes forever to bring cards down. The best part is that with the ridiculous amount of deck thinning and drawing, it's pretty easy to draw into the deck's "power spells," which is why I only have 1 Instant Fusion and 1 Mask Change II. It's actually a very good deck, especially against something like Zoodiac, but I'd imagine True Draco is a pretty tough matchup. Here's what I've been testing:

Monsters (17):

2 Armageddon Knight

1 Glow-Up Bulb

1 Mathematician

1 Maxx "C"

3 Shaddoll Beast

2 Shaddoll Dragon

2 Shaddoll Falco

2 Shaddoll Hedgehog

3 Shaddoll Squamata

Extra (15):

3 El Shaddoll Winda

2 El Shaddoll Shekhinaga

1 Masked HERO Dark Law

1 Elder Entity Norden

1 Leo, Keeper of the Sacred Tree

1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier,

1 Black Rose Moonlight Dragon

1 Clear Wing Synchro Dragon

1 Coral Dragon

1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

Spells (24):

3 Allure of Darkness

1 El Shaddoll Fusion

1 Foolish Burial

1 Instant Fusion

1 Mask Change II

1 Raigeki

3 Shaddoll Fusion

1 Soul Charge

2 Spellbook of Eternity

2 Spellbook of Fate

1 Spellbook of Power

2 Spellbook of Rudra

3 Spellbook of Secrets

1 Spellbook of the Master

2 The Grand Spellbook Tower

Deck space is tight. I unfortunately haven't been able to squeeze in Dark Hole, a 2nd Master, or Shaddoll Core, and it's already at 42 cards. A 3rd Rudra might also be ok, but I've never really felt like I needed it. Wisdom isn't good here, so don't bother...Life is also potentially pretty dead. If you want to try Spellbook Magician, I'd probably replace the Armageddon Knights with him.

Deck space is tight. I unfortunately haven't been able to squeeze in Dark Hole, a 2nd Master, or Shaddoll Core, and it's already at 42 cards. A 3rd Rudra might also be ok, but I've never really felt like I needed it. Wisdom isn't good here, so don't bother...Life is also potentially pretty dead. If you want to try Spellbook Magician, I'd probably replace the Armageddon Knights with him.

Why not try bumping it up to 60 cards and using Grass? Could work.

Why not try bumping it up to 60 cards and using Grass? Could work.

That would make little to no sense. I do not want all of the Spells in the Graveyard, nor all of the Shaddolls, especially since they're OPT. I could probably just cut a card or 2, but honestly there's not much wrong with 42 with all of the draw power here. Maybe cutting a Squamata and Mask Change could work, but that's not a must. Either way, I think Rudra (with the help of 3 Allure) actually made the deck playable. Summoner Monk is next on my testing agenda.

Yeah you can basically play 1 secrets, 2 magician, 1 Duderah

1 secrets over the 1st copy of magician keeps the number of rudrahs and magician constant with respect to 3 magician and 1 rudrah. Only 1 less normal summon and if u playing spell counters you receive an extra counter

Borrowing this idea, how about adding +1 Rudra and +1 Spellbook Tower to the engine?

x2 Spellbook Magician

x2 Rudra

x1 Secrets

x1 Tower

That way, you retain the ratio of Magician > Rudra, and Tower really puts up the pressure by giving you card draws; by using Secrets --> Rudra, you get 2 card draws if the opponent doesn't get rid of the Field Spell, and puts the Rudras back into the deck to grab them again later on. Also if your opponent decides to destroy it before you draw anything, then you may be able to Summon a Level1~3 Spellcaster (AFAIK it counts itself) with the float; at the very least you will have a target in Magician, for whatever that's worth, but depending on your deck and techs, stuff like Jowgen could be funny options.

As for Shaddoll builds, I wouldn't rely too much on the Spellbook side due to the dedication it needs. Life and Master are unwieldy for requiring a Spellbook at hand, and Fate could be a tech, but still is difficult to set up. The engine above should do wonders for Shaddoll without cluttering the deck with Spellbooks. I have done some "consistency tests" with the following OCG deck, and so far it has not had major clogging issues, except when opening multiple Fusion Spells but no monsters and silly hands like that:

[spoiler=]

Fk9DLa9.png

Monsters: 18

x1 Dark Armed Dragon

x2 Shaddoll Beast

x1 Shaddoll Dragon

x3 Squamata

x1 Witch of Black Forest

x1 Mathman

x2 Hedgehog

x2 Falco

x2 Spellbook Magician

x3 Maxx C

Spells: 13

x1 Instant Fusion

x1 Harpie Feather Duster

x2 Spellbook of Rudra

x3 Shaddoll Fusion

x1 Dark Hole

x1 Foolish Burial

x1 Spellbook of Secrets

x2 El Shadoll Fusion

x1 Spellbook Tower

Traps: 9

x2 Dark Renewal

x1 BTH

x1 Paleozoic Dinomischus

x2 Dimensional Barrier

x2 Solemn Strike

x1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: 13

x2 Sheky waifu

x1 Annoyingtyllis

x3 Windy

x1 Restricted Thousand Eyes

x1 Trishy

x1 Arcanine Magician (can also be Moonlight Rose, Clear Wing, Zeta, Yazi, etc. too, I guess)

x1 Black Rosy

x1 Coral Reef

x1 Blazing Blade Durandal

x1 Saint Aurea

x2 free slots for Links

I'm being silly with Witch, Dark Armed, Dark Renewals and BTH but they can be replaced by Allure of Darkness if desired. It's just that Allure hasn't worked for me too well sometimes.

Tower is slow and super vulnerable to removal such as Cyclone and Master Peace, which can make it either no trigger or miss timing

You're better off replacing Maxx given the top decks don't SS much right now. I wish we could find room for Life in the deck. It's an invaluable tool for easy Synchs and such

Also you're bleeding powerspells, mainly Reborn, Soul Charge, and Avarice 

Ah right, the power Spells that TCG doesn't have; just replace the silly techs like Witch, DAD, Renewal, etc. in the above build, really.

Tower is vulnerable yes, but at least it's taking attention from other important cards. In a way I see it as errata'd Future Fusion: leave it on the field and it gets ugly. Or just don't run it xD

x2 Magician, x2 Rudra and x1 Secrets should be good enough, too.

Ah right, the power Spells that TCG doesn't have; just replace the silly techs like Witch, DAD, Renewal, etc. in the above build, really.

Tower is vulnerable yes, but at least it's taking attention from other important cards. In a way I see it as errata'd Future Fusion: leave it on the field and it gets ugly. Or just don't run it xD

x2 Magician, x2 Rudra and x1 Secrets should be good enough, too.

Depends, those techs can get you Blue boy and other cards you need

Errata Future Fusion doesn't have many conditions. Have a fusion and survive, tower needs all that, can miss timing, needs spellcaster and a spellbook in grave

I personally don't love it. Do you think we can fit in a life tho?

Depends, those techs can get you Blue boy and other cards you need

Errata Future Fusion doesn't have many conditions. Have a fusion and survive, tower needs all that, can miss timing, needs spellcaster and a spellbook in grave

I personally don't love it. Do you think we can fit in a life tho?

I really don't think it's possible to play Life in Shaddolls consistently without dedicating about half a deck to Spellbooks.

I really don't think it's possible to play Life in Shaddolls consistently without dedicating about half a deck to Spellbooks.

Hmm, so one Book in hand, and one spellcaster on board, it's difficult, but not sure it's impossible.

Given the stuff you can do with it though, it might be worth that extra level of difficulty 

Hmm, so one Book in hand, and one spellcaster on board, it's difficult, but not sure it's impossible.

Given the stuff you can do with it though, it might be worth that extra level of difficulty 

1 Spellbook in hand and 2 Spellcasters in grave, actually.

In general it's not worth sacrificing your consistency for power plays.

Archived