[COTD] Predaplant Banksia Ogre

d9ccf69e.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl=1

捕食植物バンクシアオーガ Predator Plant Banksia Ogre / Predaplant Banksia Ogre
Level 6 DARK Plant-Type Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 100
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 monster with a Predator Counter your opponent controls.
(2) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Place 1 Predator Counter on each face-up monster your opponent controls, and if any of them are Level 2 or higher, it becomes Level 1 as long as it has a Predator Counter.

Ignoring its tuner status, it does happen to be prime Link material: good summoning conditions, and a really helpful (in-deck) floating effect that can trigger off being used for a Link Summon (not that I see Predaplants as a whole putting out multiple Extra Deck monsters at a time, but still).

Ignoring its tuner status, it does happen to be prime Link material: good summoning conditions, and a really helpful (in-deck) floating effect that can trigger off being used for a Link Summon (not that I see Predaplants as a whole putting out multiple Extra Deck monsters at a time, but still).

Well, Synchros and Fusions would do the same for it, which I assume is the intention, though yeah, Link Summoning with this could be good too. I expect the "If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard" to be the next "If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect" with Link Monsters being so vital to the game now.

Tuners are always welcomed in archetypes even if they don't have any archetype Synchros.

Plus, I'm no Predaplant player, but that Kaiju-ish effect sure looks good.

Thinking about it, there aren't many Level5+ Tuners out there, which could give access to odd Synchros here and there. Maybe this could be "enginized" along a Predaplant support to splash in other decks? It already makes a Synchro9 along Scorpio, after all.

Archived