[PHSW] Eisbahn

YTPTbHO.png

When a monster with an Attribute other than WATER is Normal or Special Summoned (including face-down Summons), and you control a face-up WATER monster: That Summoned monster is changed to Defense Position.

Inb4 everyone in the thread is warned.

Discuss the merits of this 'legendary' card in today's meta and any uses it may have with the changing formats.

● This card can be searched by "A Cat of Ill Omen" and "The Despair Uranus".

● You can use this card in a "Cloudian" Deck; it will have the same effect as "Stumbling" and most "Cloudian" monsters will not be affected by this card (with the exception of Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon).

● In "Ice Barrier" Decks, this card can bring more field-control capabilities.

● You can use this card in a deck revolving "A Legendary Ocean" instead of "Gravity Bind" or "Level Limit - Area B", because your WATER monsters will not be affected. However, remember that your opponent can just change their monsters to Attack Position during their next turn.

● This card can be used to prevent your "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or "Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier" from being destroyed by battle.

● Use the effect of "Dewloren" with this card to have it gain 500 ATK, and to continuously re-activate this card during your opponent's turn.

● In case your opponent does play a WATER Deck, you can either use "DNA Transplant" to a non-WATER along with "Tyrant's Temper", or just leave it in your Side Deck.

● This card can be useful in a "Wetlands"-based or "Frog" Deck. With monsters around 2000-2500 ATK just with "Wetlands", a lot of the monsters can destroy any monsters on your opponent's field. Even better, "Submarine Frog" is originally 1200 ATK and also benefits from "Wetlands".

Can someone explain the story behind this card in relation to YCM? I know that there was a thread about it that devolved into a particularly viscous argument, but I always wondered what could have caused the argument to get so bad that it went down in YCM history. We've had loads of massive fights on this site, but they don't hold the same legendary position as the Eisbahn thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the thread. https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/260446-eisbahn/

I'll just read through it all myself.

EDIT 2: Did this really happen?

The following people have been banned (for 3-5 days) for spamming because of this topic:

The blazing mars
Armadilloz
Konoe A. Mercury
Noel Vermillion
Ravenous Black

Have a fabulous day. 

Can someone explain the story behind this card in relation to YCM? I know that there was a thread about it that devolved into a particularly viscous argument, but I always wondered what could have caused the argument to get so bad that it went down in YCM history. We've had loads of massive fights on this site, but they don't hold the same legendary position as the Eisbahn thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the thread. https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/260446-eisbahn/

Yes, that totally happened.  It was pretty great.

It was one of those you should've been there moments, funking glorious. 

That being said I remember making a custom version of this in response to a status Shard made,

I got 40% of my fill of warns over there back then. I think I was pretty lucky considering Koko, Shard, Black, and Armz were banned by Pika xD

It was a different time.... 

● This card can be searched by "A Cat of Ill Omen" and "The Despair Uranus".

● You can use this card in a "Cloudian" Deck; it will have the same effect as "Stumbling" and most "Cloudian" monsters will not be affected by this card (with the exception of Cloudian - Eye of the Typhoon).

● In "Ice Barrier" Decks, this card can bring more field-control capabilities.

● You can use this card in a deck revolving "A Legendary Ocean" instead of "Gravity Bind" or "Level Limit - Area B", because your WATER monsters will not be affected. However, remember that your opponent can just change their monsters to Attack Position during their next turn.

● This card can be used to prevent your "Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier" or "Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier" from being destroyed by battle.

● Use the effect of "Dewloren" with this card to have it gain 500 ATK, and to continuously re-activate this card during your opponent's turn.

● In case your opponent does play a WATER Deck, you can either use "DNA Transplant" to a non-WATER along with "Tyrant's Temper", or just leave it in your Side Deck.

● This card can be useful in a "Wetlands"-based or "Frog" Deck. With monsters around 2000-2500 ATK just with "Wetlands", a lot of the monsters can destroy any monsters on your opponent's field. Even better, "Submarine Frog" is originally 1200 ATK and also benefits from "Wetlands".

Is there a splashable and easily accessible and Summonable WATER monster around for this idea?

Using Blade Rabbit and Dream Clown, and maybe along with Final Attack Orders and Lyla, along with the Call of the Haunted clones for a responsive and annoying removal engine.

That'd probably require Soul Charge to be at 3 or else it'd have no comeback potential, but it'd be worth trying for fun's sake.

Archived