[AKH] Full Spoiler

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/amonkhet

Some thoughts:

* Forsake the Worldly seems nice. Green and red were getting all the love for artifact hate, so it's good to see white get in on the action.

* An indestructible uncommon? Weird...

* Vizier of Remedies is another way for Melira combo to go infinite.

* That's a very pretty Cancel.

* Slither Blade's flavor text has a typo. Sadface.

* Bone Picker is absurd. If a creature dies this turn, you get a flipped Delver with upside. I expect some degree of eternal play.

* Ruthless Sniper could see standard play if the discard deck comes together?

* Blazing Volley makes Pauper Bogles players cry. Electrickery is still probably better for being instant speed, though.

* Honored Crop-Captain will help to make a RW Humans deck, I hope. Thalia's Lieutenant can't go out without a blaze of glory!

* Gate to the Afterlife is another one of those cards that foreshadows something from the next set. Gift of the God-Pharaoh... any guesses?

* That's also a very pretty Evolving Wilds.

The indestructible uncommon is weird, but with the high cost and -1/-1 counter it might not be as crazy as it seems.

Vizier of Remedies does seem sweet with Melira. Wonder how big a deal it will be.

Yea, when I saw Bone Pick I was like O_0. 3/3 flier for 1. Seems good. However it needs a fair bit more set up than the delve creatures and Delver so it might not as insane as it looks. Still going into the cube.

Yea, when I saw "Gift of the God-Pharaoh I kept thinking I'd just overlooked a card since I don't focus a ton on names.

Set has a lot of amazing art. Shadow storm Vizier and Electrify both look amazing. REALLY sucks that Electrify is total garbage. ITS WORSE THAN A OUT OF SET PRECON CARD!!!!! What the hell.

Anyway, my main focus on sets is commander and my cube. Cube isn't as interesting so going to go through all the cards I'm considering for my many commander decks/lists. I'm super liberal with consideration so a decent number likely won't make the cut.

Karador: Dusk//Dawn, Liliana, Death's Majesty

Animar: Prowling Serpopard, Rhonas the Indomitable, Vizier of the Menagerie

Sedris: Liliana, Death's Majesty, Combat Celebrant, Heart-Piercer Manticore, Embalmer's Tools

Gahiji: Anointed Procession, Oketra the True, Dusk//Dawn, Combat Celebrant, Rhonas the Indomitable, Mouth//Feed, Samut, Voice of Dissent, Oketra's Monument

Sharuum: Dusk//Dawn, Liliana, Death's Majesty

Freyalise: Rhonas the Indomitable, Sandwurm Convergence, Mouth//Feed

Hanna: Approach of the Second Sun, Gideon of the Trials, Gideon's Intervention, Kefnet the Mindful, Cycling Land

Grenzo: Bontu the Glorified, Combat Celebrant, Hazoret's Monument, Cycling Land

Iroas, God of Victory: Oketra the True, Dusk//Dawn, Combat Celebrant, Insult//Injury, Onward//Victory

Sliver Overlord: Mouth//Feed

Ezuri: Mouth//Feed

Gitrog: Liliana, Death's Majesty, Mouth//Feed

Kozilek: Oracle's Vault

Kemba: Anointed Procession, Oketra the True, Dusk//Dawn, Oketra's Monument

Sidisi: Bontu the Glorified, Dread Wanderer, Liliana, Death's Majesty, Liliana's Mastery, Lord of the Accursed, Plague Belcher, Bontu's Monument

Phenax: Kefnet the Mindful, Cycling Land

Atraxa: As Foretold, Liliana, Death's Majesty, Nissa, Steward of Elements, Oracle's Vault, Pyramid of the Pantheon

Sigarda: Rhonas the Indomitable, Cycling Land

Wort: Mouth//Feed, Cycling Land

Archived