Thoughts on new types

It been a while since I've even looked at newer cards so correct me if I'm wrong, but as I've been playing this game for a long time I figured I could put my two cents in.

For one thing I do thoroughly believe that stuff like Thunder, Sea Serpent, and other such not as relevant types should get something that causes the cards to be more cohesive. This game has done two things that really rubbed me the wrong way, the first of which was centering card creation on popularity and not on the balance of the game, the second being that Yu-Gi-Oh suffers from power creep more so than any other game I've ever seen, which I think is partially due to this oversaturation and adding of new types to offset the already growing numbers of Spellcasters, Warriors, Dragons, etc. The dual typing idea seems good in theory but I like to look at it like this; imagine if Pokémon added a third type to newer Pokémon, type charts and the functionality of the game would be absurd and the older ones would no longer be as useful because old cards couldn't cover as much ground as a newer card, and while this helps with the saturation issue, the power creep sits at new unprecedented levels of high. And even if you did add this to older cards, you now have to juggle all these new mechanics and if some rulings were confusing before, now they would need a whole damn council to figure out this crap.

All around I think that helping Thunder, Pyro-types and the like will make the game less extensive and absurd in my personal opinion.

Also just curious, does talking about the types of monsters like Link, Xyz and such fit here, doubt it but just checking?

Archived