• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Darj

Darj

PH-PPLC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

IMO, still taking up less space than "this card is also treated as [insert here]-Type", which is probably an effect rather than a genuine dual type to top.

You are right there, but I'm more concerned on if the line with the 2 Types and 3 subtypes can even fit the text box.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gif  wlWp4Vr.gif

Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,165 posts

You are right there, but I'm more concerned on if the line with the 2 Types and 3 subtypes can even fit the text box.

I'm sure it can xD
We already have stuff along the lines of [Beast / Flip / Tuner / Effect] and [Dragon / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect]. I've seen the game adopt different ways to make text fit into a card. Resize the letters, re-word effects to fit, or like how they did to Beatrice's card where the Xyz Materials listed don't occupy their own line but are instead separated from the effect by //

I can see them fitting in like 6 words in the brackets. Something like [Spellcaster / Zombie / Fusion / Pendulum / Tuner / Gemini / Effect] would get iffy xD but even dual sub-types are rare out of Shaddolls, and dual advanced Summon mechanics are rare outside of Extra Deck Odd-Eyes evolutions, I doubt just saying "monsters might have a second type" will really bump things up much more unless they really wanted to see how much they can fit.

They could also change the layout of the card. Be it increase the box's size or get rid of it and type the data under the picture directly over the background. If they really needed to I mean.

Posted Image

Goats

Other sigs

Darj

Darj

PH-PPLC

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

I'm sure it can xD
We already have stuff along the lines of [Beast / Flip / Tuner / Effect] and [Dragon / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect]. I've seen the game adopt different ways to make text fit into a card. Resize the letters, re-word effects to fit, or like how they did to Beatrice's card where the Xyz Materials listed don't occupy their own line but are instead separated from the effect by //

I can see them fitting in like 6 words in the brackets. Something like [Spellcaster / Zombie / Fusion / Pendulum / Tuner / Gemini / Effect] would get iffy xD but even dual sub-types are rare out of Shaddolls, and dual advanced Summon mechanics are rare outside of Extra Deck Odd-Eyes evolutions, I doubt just saying "monsters might have a second type" will really bump things up much more unless they really wanted to see how much they can fit.

They could also change the layout of the card. Be it increase the box's size or get rid of it and type the data under the picture directly over the background. If they really needed to I mean.

Right. I guess using 2 lines for the brackets wouldn't hurt, but I don't really see them changing the card's layout or text size to fit them in a single one.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gif  wlWp4Vr.gif

Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• CC Judge
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

ZHJShCu.jpg

I would be all for changing the format, but I feel it might clash with older cards too much. In any case, Dual-Typing shouldn't really be a problem, as it isn't a common case, and who says YGO has too much squashed text?

"I make cards, but I can't make decks" - Dova 2016

Random Stuff

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Ohey, didn't see this.

I've made my opinion on Cyberse-type abundantly clear. It would be less blatant if they actually re-typed previous Cyberse-ey things to BE Cyberse, if only to make it somewhat more consistent, but that's the thing--monsters that are Cyberse-ey already exist as non-Cyberse.

One can say that they're supposed to be "computers, digital and cybernetics" or "programming", but the thing is that these are literally Psychic-type and Thunder-type themes already. It's not actually a niche, it's actively been done with cards like Destructotron and Electromagnetic Virus. Even the Tron theme can be seen in Serene Psychic Witch and Silent Psychic Wizard. If you replaced the Psychic in their names with Cyberse, the redundancy becomes clearer. In Digital Bug's case, computers becomes an Insect-type theme. Especially egregious because Link Spooder exists as a Cyberse-type. Wyrms could barely be justified as people being sick of Dragons, and honestly that was already a flimsy argument, but it's not like people had so many Thunders, Psychics, and even Insects and Beasts that they could be sick of them.

"Future design" is, as it always has been, a fairly dumb argument and one that for Cyberse is irrelevant in the majority if not all cases. For the Cyberse that are basically Insects and Beasts, there is almost literally nothing to fear unless one is petrified of Insect Imitation and Chain Dog. For the Cyberse that are Psychics, their only truly frightening card is Limited, and the Type is still new enough for Pyros to have more members than it. Cyberse that would be Thunder probably actually have one of the best support bases, amusingly enough, but even then hardly one worth any fright (and to be honest I'd welcome a new meta-contender Thunder-type deck regardless).

Even for Machine, for the surprisingly few Cyberse that could be considered Machines--because most Cyberse take from Types that are many times smaller than Machines--interaction with existing cards is hardly worth noting, especially since the amount of actually viable Machine-type support is consistently overrated. Gear Gigant, Machine Doop, and Limiter Removal are essentially it, with Iron Call sometimes featuring. Doop is easily worked around in the same way design-wise, Limiter Removal is also consistently overrated, and Iron Call is multi-conditional fodder summon anyways. The other largest Type would probably be Dragons, which is probably the only place where any real argument for bloat can be made, but we already have a Type for avoiding Dragons!

And, of course, always worth remembering that rather than actually pay attention to future design, Kinamo frequently exercises the option to explicitly break Type/Attribute support and then just banlist them anyways.

Also, for the record, Draconnet is p obviously Wyrm--a Type that currently has 33 members.

ShimoHkun1

ShimoHkun1

Edgy Edge of Edgeness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
It been a while since I've even looked at newer cards so correct me if I'm wrong, but as I've been playing this game for a long time I figured I could put my two cents in.

For one thing I do thoroughly believe that stuff like Thunder, Sea Serpent, and other such not as relevant types should get something that causes the cards to be more cohesive. This game has done two things that really rubbed me the wrong way, the first of which was centering card creation on popularity and not on the balance of the game, the second being that Yu-Gi-Oh suffers from power creep more so than any other game I've ever seen, which I think is partially due to this oversaturation and adding of new types to offset the already growing numbers of Spellcasters, Warriors, Dragons, etc. The dual typing idea seems good in theory but I like to look at it like this; imagine if Pokémon added a third type to newer Pokémon, type charts and the functionality of the game would be absurd and the older ones would no longer be as useful because old cards couldn't cover as much ground as a newer card, and while this helps with the saturation issue, the power creep sits at new unprecedented levels of high. And even if you did add this to older cards, you now have to juggle all these new mechanics and if some rulings were confusing before, now they would need a whole damn council to figure out this crap.

All around I think that helping Thunder, Pyro-types and the like will make the game less extensive and absurd in my personal opinion.

Also just curious, does talking about the types of monsters like Link, Xyz and such fit here, doubt it but just checking?

A man has two reasons for doing somthing. The right reason and the real reason.
Previous Name: Red Eyes B. Dragon Knight
Pügioh hehe
My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube....aeKftg/featured
and
If you like this card let me know!

Red Eyes B. Dragon Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users