C9WfBkcUMAA6iI_.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

Slow Life
Continuous Spell Card
Activate this card only if you control no monsters at the start of your Main Phase 1.
(1) Apply the following effects:
•If a player Normal Summons or Sets a monster(s), that player cannot Special Summon monsters during that turn.
•If a player Special Summons a monster(s), that player cannot Normal Summon or Set monsters during that turn.

totally the anime card we wanted to be printed

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but definitely another floodgate that we needed, I guess?

It certainly limits both player's options, but if you're using this, you either are playing something that exclusively relies on one or the other for its Summons.

Looks quite good on paper, IMO. Can't True Dracos make effective use of it? AFAIK they don't Special Summon as often so they wouldn't be harmed too much by locking either their Special or Normal Summons, while few other decks can handle such kind of lock, again AFAIK. And should the card end up dead, they can also use it as Tribute fodder.

That, or at the very least it could see use in Barrier Statue stun.

Looks quite good on paper, IMO. Can't True Dracos make effective use of it? AFAIK they don't Special Summon as often so they wouldn't be harmed too much by locking either their Special or Normal Summons, while few other decks can handle such kind of lock, again AFAIK. And should the card end up dead, they can also use it as Tribute fodder.

That, or at the very least it could see use in Barrier Statue stun.

Pretty much. Their turns are either Tribute Summon-heavy or entirely Special Summons. And they can get rid of it if it inconveniences them.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but definitely another floodgate that we needed, I guess?

It certainly limits both player's options, but if you're using this, you either are playing something that exclusively relies on one or the other for its Summons.

I wanted underworld circle!

Edit: In before certain members come and give me a lecture about this, yes, I knew there was no DM in this set, so my hopes were dashed long ago

I get flak for being negative. Is it ok to be negative?

Because this basically says Fusion decks are free to play all they want while everything else can't do anything.

But lets be positive guys.

"You can't control monsters to activate it :D"

There we go :D

(No seriously though, sarcasm and jokes aside. Why is this getting printed? Will fusion decks actually use this, i mean in context of the anime it was a fusion user that was using this

I guess a better question to ask is.... is there a fusion deck that could fit this in without sacrificing a better option for it.)

(No seriously though, sarcasm and jokes aside. Why is this getting printed? Will fusion decks actually use this, i mean in context of the anime it was a fusion user that was using this

I guess a better question to ask is.... is there a fusion deck that could fit this in without sacrificing a better option for it.)

Most Fusion decks so far as I'm aware like being able to Normal Summon as a playstarter/consistency deal.

Maybe someday.

yes. some fusion decks can use it, but to use it, they'd likely have to re-edit their deck. for example, melodious (not the biggest fusion deck, but still) can normal summon, but are far more special summon reliant, as can masked heroe variants actually, since you can use it, NS a hero, end your turn, and SS the masked version on your opponent's turn. for real meta decks that can use it, paleozoic and infernoid decks have no real need for this, but they can easily drop it to the field and proceed to never give another f*** about it since SS life is all they really know or need outside of floodgates. yosenju were already mentioned, but kaiju hybrids and psy-frames damn ninja'd are also likely contenders for ability to use this. then we have kozmo, who are no longer in the meta, but could probably do the exact same thing as the aforementioned masked hero decks. 

Yeah, really the only Fusion decks that don't need a normal summon are I THINK Lunalights (which are bad) and Fluffal if they get VERY lucky off Vendor (and Link rules murder them plus they still want their normal for Dog).

Can Monarchs use this? I know they like to use the Knights, but they can circumvent that with effects that let them tribute Summon on opponents turns, right?

Huh, quite interesting thing here, limiting yourself by what you do first, obviously Special Summoning is more important, but a lot of Decks play with the idea of having a Normal Summon already. If Tellarknight were still relevant, this would be a pretty good pick against those. This card I can see being used depending on how the format is going to work.

Yeah, really the only Fusion decks that don't need a normal summon are I THINK Lunalights (which are bad) and Fluffal if they get VERY lucky off Vendor (and Link rules murder them plus they still want their normal for Dog).

Can Monarchs use this? I know they like to use the Knights, but they can circumvent that with effects that let them tribute Summon on opponents turns, right?

But... Link rules don't murder fluffals???

it weakens them because you can't open Bahamut Harbinger, but you can still chain summon, which is the biggest thing.

But... Link rules don't murder fluffals???

it weakens them because you can't open Bahamut Harbinger, but you can still chain summon, which is the biggest thing.

I did a few casual playtests of my IRL Fluffal Deck (which never relied on crap like Bahamut Harbringer) using Link Rules.

It's true, the Deck can still function relatively well most of the time. But then it runs into stupid situations where it's just stuck sitting there, with all the cards and resources needed to overcome a situation or outright win, but can't, because it's not allowed to Summon another Extra Deck monster without using or eliminating the current one. Summoning Sabre Tiger with 3 Materials is suddenly an infinitely dumber move, and bringing out Kraken early game is more or less a necessity so that chain Summoning into Sabre will actually give you a means to out a troublesome opponent's monster.

Whenever I ran into a situation like that, I got slightly pissed because of how stupidly arbitrary the restriction was. I suppose the Deck technically has a free slot or two to include a Link Monster, but it's so irritating.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that and how to circumvent it, too, but there not much to do. You just have to devote less intensely until you're going to kill?

which leaves you open to killing

deck functions, but it is certainly weaker

Archived