1 Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer

1 King of the Feral Imps

1 Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy

1 Number 41: Baguska

1 Zoodiac Broadbull

1 Zoodiac Drident

1 Zoodiac Lyca

1 Zoodiac Tigermortar

I actually love just how many 1-ofs there are in this deck, because they generally all work together, due to being Pendulums (IGNORE BLACK SHEEP). Unplayable hands have been rare, and this deck is just very fond of having all sorts of little options to go into. Probably did tech it a little bit too much, but idk, I love that sort of thing in deckbuilding.

Info:

Main Deck

Extra Deck

Glad to see Trump Witch, even if it's only 1 copy in the deck, since it's one of my favorite Performapals next to Joker, and 2 copies of Persona Dragon as I always saw it with potential and being at 2 in a deck mainly of 1-ofs should mean it's putting up some work.

Wish I could say more and give some suggestions but I'm not familiar with Performapals. If anything, I question the 2nd copy of Unicorn and the lack of Instant Fusion due to that IF + Ratpier combo that produces like a +5.

Glad to see Trump Witch, even if it's only 1 copy in the deck, since it's one of my favorite Performapals next to Joker, and 2 copies of Persona Dragon as I always saw it with potential and being at 2 in a deck mainly of 1-ofs should mean it's putting up some work.

Wish I could say more and give some suggestions but I'm not familiar with Performapals. If anything, I question the 2nd copy of Unicorn and the lack of Instant Fusion due to that IF + Ratpier combo that produces like a +5.

Unicorn is both an Odd-Eyes and Performapal monster, with a good scale and it's easy to throw it away when needed for Fusions.

what is space

I still make a Norden play, at the very least, due to poly.

Have you ever considered the Fusion Substitute Zoo combo? It does require you to play an Emeral, but you are playing Black Sheep so you might as well search Substitute, and Substitute can help return other Fusions in your Graveyard to your deck if it ever happens. 

I had weighed the pros and cons of Poly vs. Substitute, and decided on Poly, because I didn't want too many 1-ofs.

But I have so many what's 1 more? I run 1 of each now.

I just felt like it would be no different if you just ran Sub over regular Poly. Most of time you're gonna fuse on the field anyway. And I might be aware that you may know the pluses Sub can get you along with Zoos. Probably even warrants further use of things like Monk or Insta fuse though.

I just felt like it would be no different if you just ran Sub over regular Poly. Most of time you're gonna fuse on the field anyway. And I might be aware that you may know the pluses Sub can get you along with Zoos. Probably even warrants further use of things like Monk or Insta fuse though.

Nah, you want to fuse from hand as a combo starter/post Sorc+NS play a decent amount of the time, so Poly is generally better outside of Zoo -> Norden.

Care to show ny example combos to get a better feel of what you're suggesting?

Ditching Unicorn/Phoenix/OG Odd-Eyes from the hand for Poly doesn't really hurt you, provided you have scales/ability to set them, and Fugolem allows you to retrieve them or the other material, anyway. Not to mention the plethora of Ppals.

This is relevant if you need Sorc to search the odd-eyes for the summon, but have already used up/need to NS after the fact.

QXBRj5a.png?1

Ladies and gentlemen!

I'd like to introduce our wonderful cast, who join us in this summoning extravaganza! Blazing dragons flying from white light, beasts of the black earth given human forms, heterochromatic beings bathed in purple energy, and a cast of performers to bring forth these spectacles! Please, give a warm round of applause, as we introduce the star himself, as well as the core of the troupe behind him!

[spoiler=Performapals and Odd-Eyes]

PerformaStar

XUoscMZ.png?1

Pendulum Sorcerer is a card I thought had been powercrept. It seemed like, with Metalfoe, True Draco, etc. doing the "POP sheet FOR VALUE" tactic better, he was left in the dust. Boy, was I wrong. But why?

Simple. It's not that he has super stronk destruction effect, it's that he converts valuable cards into cards that will either immediately do something or prepare for you to win the next turn.

Many Performapals have strong pendulum effects that allow them to give you quick and easy value, before you end up popping them via a number of methods. On top of the fact that they're Pendulums, which means some of these have another value in the form of summoning them back, you can just convert used up value into more immediate value, which can further your plays or set you up.

It doesn't guarantee you'll win the game, just as not finding it doesn't guarantee a loss, but it does make life a lot easier when you have a way to effectively double the value of your cards.

I don't know if I really need 3 copies, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, and the synergy with Luster is pretty good.

Summoners

StZyJGz.png?14t27tWU.png?1GO6XF89.png?1QuEKaaf.png

A lot of these have Scale 4, meaning they're not especially good for Pendulum Summoning. However, these are searchable power or sheer value cards, which is why they're here, despite the flaw of scale 4.

First and foremost, we have Trump Witch.

She's one of the cards that actually increases the value of Sorcerer, because she's a searchable Fusion Spell. She's not the worst Normal Summon if you run Polymerization, but that means your scales are full and/or you need to put another power scale down, which is kinda unlikely.

Then we have Splashmammoth.

This card, unlike Witch, has 2 plain good effects, though his level isn't as good as the next two.

The most notable part of his scale effect is the ability to get Odd-Eyes Persona Dragon back, because it makes stronger T1 boards. This also works with the summons of cards like Supreme King Servant Dragon Starving Venom or Dinoster Power, because it just requires a Fusion Monster be Special Summoned.

Additionally, its Fusion Summoning effect doesn't require itself to be used as Material, so it can allow usage of a Skullcrobat/other recyclable as material OR enable summoning Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon.

The worst thing about the card is that it's not DARK like the other 3, which means it loses a little bit of utility.

Next is Trump Girl.

While her level isn't the best possible, it's not terrible, and she's notable for being a Normal Summon you can search off of Sorc in order to Fusion Summon. Obviously she can also be Pendulum Summoned, but it's nice that she's versatile.

The pseudo-Pendulum Effect is also not terrible when Zoodiac Barrage and Sky Iris exist, though it IS niche.

She can also forcibly Fusion Summon into SKSD Starving Venom, which DOES have a use...

Finally, we have Fugolem.

This card is far more restricted as a fusion summoner, requiring it to have been Pendulum Summoned that turn AND that the other materials be dragons. Which amounts to Odd-Eyes Mirage, Pendulum, and Persona, without using the ED. The effect is still good, but it's not AS good as the other 2 that can fusion summon as monsters.

The truly great part about this card is the Scale 1 and corresponding effect. It's a good, low scale, and if you Fusion Summon, you regain resources. These can be from the Graveyard OR ED as well, so it can reward Xyz plays or Fusions using the hand. Most notable targets are Unicorn and Skullcrobat.

It's a shame that it can only recover Pendulums, but the range is huge, and neither effect is hard OPT.

The fact it's Level 4 and DARK doesn't hurt, either, because it has some general synergy with the deck.

And Golem + Luster is also a pretty decent combo, because it means you can set up a golem in the scale AND in the ED.

Normal Summoners

Ogr2BYA.png?1w6gWYGr.png?1

Friendonkey actually suffers from Monkeyboard's ban by a lot. I was running 2, since cut to 1, probably don't even need that outside of searching it before going into BAGUSKA. It's pretty alright as a quick search, but Sorc doesn't need to be proc'd pre-Pendulum as much as it used to, Normal Summons are fairly valuable, and I'm just really not sold. Level sucks, too. Probably will end up cutting it, but it's decent if you open it, but it's a 1-of, so...

Skullcrobat Joker is as Skullcrobat Joker does. DARK Level 4 pgood.

Odd-Eyes

YdbVraE.png?1oDFqbfO.png?1LOv0CDk.png?1Gz5qGgS.png?1C8Hrfse.png?1

Sky Iris is a hell of a drug.

Pendulum Dragon is fine as a 1-of, because it's searchable burst damage and it's a decent early search to just thin the deck. Also funny when paired with SKSD Starving Venom.

Light Phoenix isn't exactly amazing, but it's the only Pendulum Summonable Odd-Eyes that Sorc can search, which gives it a niche. It's not terrible, either, for a little more damage, bu Scale 3, Level 5, Winged Beast, LIGHT... yeah, not much in its favor. Probably just plain worse than Odd-Eyes Priest, when we get it.

Unicorn is a scale 8, a Performapal, NSable, and has an effect that makes killing the opponent easier. It's a shame it's not DARK or Pendulum Summonable, but it's still your best high scale that enables EVERYTHING.

Persona is a Level 5 DARK Dragon-type Odd-Eyes that has the ability to protect your board/prevent opp's board from developing. It's also a scale 1. Card is really, really good, jsut a shame it's not a Pal.

Mirageis a Level 3 Scale 8 DARK Dragon. This means it is the most summonable Odd-Eyes in the deck, while also not being terrible as a scale. Only 1, and Performapal Odd-Eyes Minotaur probably takes its slot, when it's released.

*Crosses fingers for anime PPal Odd-Eyes to be good*

R E P T I L E S

a9L7vbR.png?1rQV88Qk.png?11urcRbu.png?1

Lizardraw is just good ygos. It's a cantrip at worst, and fodder on top of it at best. Plus, scale 6 could be worse. Don't need 3, though.

Partnaga has pros in the form of its effects. Both of its effects actually exist, especially with how easy it is to remove it after using it as a spell or boost monster (since the ME boost is permanent), and it is Fusion fodder.

Swincobra has pros in the form of being a Level 4 with Scale 2. Scale 2 isn't much better than Scale 3, as you only lose Mirage and Lizardraw, but level 4 is better for plays in general.

Play 1 for the sake of searchability as Reptiles/off the Zoo combo. I think I prefer Naga for doing something, especially because of how its usage as a spell is a nice option for Sorc to grab.

?

72GQTqD.png?1Ceva7VL.png?1YAw3Dt0.png?1

Guiturtle kept feeling like sheet in multiples. I cut it to 1 so that it's still a searchable decent scale/cantrip without being terrible. It's always welcome, but I don't think I need the copy I cut.

King Bear is a Beast Warrior Scale 7. Enough said. Probably gets cut for Minotaur, down the line, though.

Dag Daggerman owner of the Dagsdale Daggerdome is probably cutworthy. Neither effect is terrible, but the first effect is only live if you've Friendonkeyed/Xyz'd/Fused, but that competes with Golem a good amount of the time for the same purpose.

[spoiler=Non-ENTAME]

ZfqL5le.png?1flElO8z.png?1

The full DracoX engine takes up too much space, but between these guys and Ignister, there's definitely a reason to play them. Luster is the bigger one, but Master being cheap and easy fodder is nice. Both are also Duelist Alliance targets.

DXqUsgp.png?1Eh6Ar4i.png?1WWzKENF.png?1gIZB3Eb.png?1

Whiptail is here because it increases the value of Barrage, giving the ability to get badtouch cards to remove threats AND to make Rat's mill better, which gives Tigermortar an actual use.

Ratpier is Rat. Derp. Leads to BAGUSKA or Drident on top of draws and/or searches.

Barrage is nice because it can clear scales, and it can be cleared in the name of giving Drident more mats. Sorc and Iris, notably, because of how you don't really lose value when popping a Pendulum to get a 4. Hell, you probably gain a bit, the ngain a bit more when this IS popped. Other than that, Barrage is Barrage zzz.

[spoiler=Spells]

v0VTMY9.png?1Vi4NVxO.png?1

Duelist Advent/Alliance searches Sorc, Luster, Master, and Odd-Eyed Pendulum, and that's before techs like Pendulum Shift. Just a solid card. Don't think Pendulumucho meme is worth it. 

Pendulum Fusion is one of those targets, as well, which can lead to making a Vortex pre-summons. This really can help with breaking troublesome locks or just insuring your plays go through. It's also generic, so long as the cards used are on the field, which is sweeeet.

33Na7R2.png?1WDMSTPQ.png?1

Both are Poly for Black Sheep. You only really need one, but I'm playing both, because:

Polymerization is better 9/10, with the only time it's majorly worse is in regards to the Zoo combo.

Fusion Substitute is better for the Zoo Combo, but it's not as efficient as Poly in fielding a defensive negator or immune-ass beater.

Run 1 or both, probably just Sub if you choose only 1.

too exhausted to cover the entire ED, so feel free to ask questions about it, as there are some thoughts i have on it

[spoiler=Updated Build]I'll type up the list tomorrow, for now sleep.

PughG0d.jpg

But wait, there's more!

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

E N T A M E !

xZ8q1v1.png?13teia6s.png?1eBkFk5a.png?1l4TxUiL.png?1uiuEySC.png?1WDRiuw7.png?1

Performapal Gatling Ghoul is, in my opinion, a good card that is too hard to summon.

There are no Level 5+ DARK Performapals (yet).

There are 5 LEvel 5+ DARK Odd-Eyes, but only 2 of those are worth playing, because one is a ZARC supporter, one's OG Odd-Eyes Dragon, and the other is Phantom which doesn't do enough for a Scale 4.

This means this deck has access to an entire /2/ monsters that qualify for its summoning condition, unless you dip into the Extra Deck. So it's just like... Eh?

I don't think it's unplayable, and you still could, but I never managed to find a time I legitimately wanted to summon it.

Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw is a 3K Performapal Odd-Eyes that is able to be summoned with most of the monsters in the deck. Poly making it invincible gives you a card that has the ability to win certain matchups, and it's just really synergetic otherwise.

Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon is the main Fusion you'll go into, with the capabilities for both removal and negation, on a 3K ass. The only cards that can't be used to make it are Friendonkey and ZOO, maindeck-wise, so it's unlikely you'll be unable to make it.

I run 2 because it's not unheard of to need both in a game + Odd-Eyes Fusion needs an extra Odd-Eyes to dump that isn't Metal Claw.

Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon is a meme. It's mostly there for Odd-Eyes Fusion, but it's not impossible to summon it. The issue is... It's not very often you want to do so. When is 3300 direct damage going to be better than the seperate bodies used to make it? It's opponent dependant, in that regard. Only really viable through Splashmammoth (as a monster or scale), 

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon... I'll be honest, I just don't think this card is very good. What I trade in to make the SKSD version is the non-targetting ATK gain and meme nuke, but the meme nuke means not using destruction effects Pre-Pendulum Summon and/or not on scales, and the ATK gain isn't enough to neccesitate a Fusion Spell (or girl/golem) + opponent reliance + cards to be exclusively on the field.

It's too much effort for what isn't even strictly better than the SKSD version, only a bit more kill happy. It's easier to summon than Gatling Ghoul, but it doesn't have a good amount of burn attached to it, either.

Supreme King Servant Dragon Starving Venom, however, has quickly become one of my favorite cards, period.

She's an easy 28 beater, cheap as funk, allows you to copy yourself OR the opponent, and she has meme potential that includes piercing.

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon: Gains double damage. Gains support from Mirage Dragon and Unicorn.

Performapal Odd-Eyes Metal Claw: Gains the +300 effect on swing, grants piercing, becomes a support AND supportable under Unicorn, and gains Mirage Dragon support.

Performapal King Bear: Gains ATK, becomes a support under Unicorn.

Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer: M O A R R E M O V A L, possibly more free 4s if you run more than 1 Master Peace.

Number 41: Baguska: Failed to kill after you switched Baguska to ATK? No problem! Just give up 2 DARK Pendulums, summon this jabroni in DEF, and voila! Baguska reset!

Odd-Eyes Fusion: Dump Odd-Eyes Venom/Wing Dragon, copy their effects, voila!

Zoodiacs: MP2 Dridents, anyone?

Opponent's monsters: The sky is the limit!

It just has a lot of niche interactions without the more common ones being bad uses, and it's accessible enough to take advantage of them. Turning opponent's cards against them when applicable can win games, too. I just don't think OEVenomD and SVFD work when they can't also target your own sheet.

Z-Assist

s9JLDbd.png?1atuB5fc.png?1

King of the Feral Imps is, and has usually been, a decent to good card in Ppal. It's easy to make, finds Lizardraw/Swincobra/Partnaga, and it clears up board space. Zoo only makes this even easier, so it's the usual result of the Zoo Combo, for sake of cheap value or scale completion.

Daigusto Emeral gives me the ability to restock some Zoos/random monsters in order to get value, too, but it's only going to be really good at the end of a Zoo combo, so I think it's generally worse than King Feral, despite giving extra mileage to Zoos left in deck. However, I might test it, because...

Numbers

9chHjQi.png?1me1fWzE.png?1

Number 38 is a card I'm not too sure on, anymore. I can make it fairly easily, but Draco plays aren't astoundingly strong T1, and I don't really wanna give up Ignister for it. It feels wrong to cut it, though... So I'll probably cut it to test Emeral in its slot, then switch back if it doesn't work out. Oh, and the Draco plays are normally better T1 if...

Number 41: Baguska is what they end on, rather than going Fusion -> 38. Baguska is insanely strong, only losing to cards that would break or diffuse your boards, anyway, like Raigeki or Slumber. It makes removing monsters more tricky, because you have to remove Baguska in order to play, but there's usually at least 1 monster behind Baguska that's ready to prevent them from playing. It's not quite "buy a turn" tier, but it's certainly going to put the opp in a tight position, mass removal spells be damned.

Doesn't SKSD Starving Venom only last until the end of the turn? So copying Baguska wouldn't work.

EDIT: Is it worth mentioning that SKSD Starving Venom copying Lyrilusc - Assembled Nightingale is an easy OTK? I mean, IF probably doesn't put in too much work in this deck, since you're got the whole Fusion Substitute combo, but you did say that there was meme potential with the card, and this surely takes the cake.

Archived