First Exp. Card Post::Evo Summoning

JokerStrange49

This is my first summoning mechanic. If I did something wrong or if anyone had a similar idea please inform me and I will edit or remove this post.

Evo Summoning or Evolution summoning corresponds to evolving monsters, however they lead to certain requirements as all extra deck monsters. Evo summoning requires a monster in your main deck. That monster is known as a mutagen monster. These monsters have the same properties as tuner monster, but limits certain requirements. As the mutagen monster is used as Evo material, instead of going to the graveyard, it acts as an equip spell to the Evo monster that is summon from the extra deck. The evolution can continue as Evo monsters do not contain levels or ranks, but stages, meaning any level or rank monster can be used to summon the Evo monster. The requirements must be met be it attribute, type, or both

Here's the design I had in mind until I figure out the proper editing program

Card Frame::

The card frame is colored chartreuse with a blended pattern of DNA flowing adjacent left down to right. These are the mutagen monsters that belong in the main deck who has a level. As for the Evo monsters in the extra deck, have a bright red color with the same blended DNA pattern. 

Monsters as an example::

Limiter Lycan
Level 3/Earth
Beast/Mutagen/Effect
Atk:: 200/Def:: 1100

Target one monster on the field. Pay 400 life points to return that target to either players deck. When this effect resolves, either player may draw one card. If it is a level 4 or lower monster, special summon that target, but its effects are negated and attack points are 0 until the next draw phase.

Break Drive Envoy
Stage 5/Earth
Beast-Warrior/Evo/Effect
Atk:: 2200/Def:: 1700

1 Earth Mutagen Monster + 1 non-Mutagen Earth Monster

During the battle phase, if your opponents monster is lower or equal to this monsters attack points, destroy that monster without applying the damage calculation. 

Exo-battlebot
Level 4/Dark
Machine/Mutagen
Atk:: 1000/Def:: 1000

A small robot that holds potential to awaken a great being

Pulse Matrix Gamer

Stage 7/Dark
Machine/Evo/Effect
Atk:: 2400/ Def:: 2100

1  DARK Machine Mutagen Monster + 1 non-Mutagen Machine Monster

Once per turn, you can discard one card from your hand to the graveyard increase the attack points of this card by 200 until the end phase. If this card battles an opponents monster, banish the mutagen monster equipped to this card to lower attack points of the monster equal to half of the attack points of the banished mutagen monster. 

I don't have references to pictures so at the moment I'm going to attempt to draw the monsters and then post them another time. I hope you enjoy. If this idea is already taken or is similar I will edit and/or delete. Thank you for taking time to read through

kind of just seems like a reskin of synchro summoning

Don't worry, I'll edit it soon. The issue is that I don't have any other clue of separating it from synchro and tuner. The concept of the mutagen monster being equipped to the evo monster seemed like a proper idea. So at the moment I'm trying to shift it away so it doesn't seem too much as a synchro and tuner relationship. 

• 1 month later...

[ Update ]

Mutagen Monsters are now called Genome monsters. They are monsters on the field, but when used as Evo material, they turn into a canister of green fluid that contains a part that represents the type of monster and moved into the spell/trap zone equipped to the Evo Monster

( Ex. Machine types will have a discarded piece of technology within the canister, or Dragon types will have a wing )

Genome Monsters must have the corresponding type to Evo Summon with one monster. As for the Evo Monsters themselves, they will start at stage1 due to level 4 or lower monsters. There will be 3 stages only. Also, to summon more stages: You must have the stage 1 Evo monster along with two low level monsters, or one high level monster with the matching type. Stage 3 requires 3 low levels, 2 high levels, or 1 low level and 1 high level monster. They must be the matching type. 

Example: (text requirements will explain Stage 1 while 2 and 3 varies)

Stage 1 = 1 dragon type Genome+ 1  level 4 or lower dragon type non alter

Stage 2 = must have Genome equipped to Evo monster + 2 level 4 or lower dragon type monster or 1 level 5 or higher dragon type monster

Stage 3 = must have Genome equipped to Evo monster + 3 level 4 or lower dragon, 2 level 5 or higher monster, or 1 level 4 or lower and 1 level 5 or higher<Varies

( Next update soon to come)

Are you going to do Genome forms for Divine-Beast type monsters? If so, what form?

I'm afraid not. There are only 3 Divine-Beast type monsters and they're in their own league due to unique effects, background origin and so on. At the moment I'm focusing on the current types that are out now, but excluding the newer ones (Psychic, Wyrm, and Cyverse) for now.

Genome Monster List

Aqua = Cluster of Water
Beast = Animal Claw

Beast-Warrior = Armored Animal Claw

Dinosaur = T-Rex Skull

Dragon = Dragon Wing

Fairy = Fairy Wing

Fiend = Demon Fangs

Fish = Fish Tail
Insect = Pupa

Machine = Circuits
Plant = Leaf 

Pyro = Cluster of Fire

Reptile = Lizards Tail

Rock = Cluster of Stones

Sea Serpent = Leviathan Fin 

Spellcaster = Wand

Thunder = Cluster of Lightning

Warrior = Broken Blade

Winged-Beast = Feather

Zombie = Zombie Hand

Nice. You could also do variations of the Genome Monsters, depending on the Attribute. Like with the Fairy Wing. Say the Genome Monster is DARK, it could be called Pixie Wing.

That may be a plan, though few attribute and type combinations will be made ex. DARK fairy type is a pixie wing or WATER warrior type is a broken blade with water coiled around 

New Monsters

Zonigma Joker

DARK/Stage 1

Machine/Evo/Effect

2500 ATK/ 1200 DEF

1 Machine Genome Monster + 1 Machine non-Genome Monster

Once per turn: While this monster has a Genome equipped, it gains 300 atk  for each level 3 or lower Genome Monster in the graveyard. 

Chromaplate Void Dragon

LIGHT/Stage 1

Dragon/Evo/Effect

3000 ATK/ 1900 DEF

1  Dragon Genome Monster + 1 Dragon non-Genome Monster

If this card  was Evo Summoned, tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to banish 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. When this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, the genome equipped to this card is shuffled into your deck.

Archived