[Leaderboard] Dova vs. Aez

Dova

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • Written cards are allowed.
  • Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity
  • In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

• The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted.
  • The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

• Create a LIGHT Zombie-Type monster.

[spoiler=Card A]The Lovely Bones
✪✪✪✪ - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 1400/1600
Cannot be Special Summoned by an effect monster's effect. When this card is Summoned: You can activate one of the following effects:
● Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Zombie-Type monster from your Graveyard.
● Return 1 of your banished Zombie-Type monsters to your Graveyard.
If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish the top card of your Deck, face-down; add this card to your hand. You can only use each effect of "The Lovely Bones" once per turn.

[spoiler=Card B]Lucky Claw
✪✪ - LIGHT - Zombie/Effect - 0/900
During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to a Zombie-Type monster's effect(s), or the Summon of a Zombie-Type monster(s). You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck; add 1 of the excavated monsters to your hand, send 1 to the Graveyard, and banish 1 face-down. You can only use each effect of "Lucky Claw" once per turn.

Might as well vote now, since it has been a very long time since anyone did Leaderboard. (Also a note that the season would've ended sometime this month, but might have to reconsider).

Card A

Well, so much for being summoned via Mezuki/Gozuki/Zombie Master and the like, but it's otherwise fine. I guess it's useful enough if Zombies end up facing banish Decks as a resource for returning stuff (or going back to mentioning Mezuki; put it back in the Graveyard to retrigger). As much as I'd say this could probably do something in Shiranuis for retrieval, I think they already have that area covered.

Graveyard effect (the one where it gets destroyed) is fine, I guess. Doesn't really come out as something Zombies would want to do, least from what I remember about how Zombies play (and does interfere with this card's other effects for retrieval).

Card B

Before I make a judgment on this one, is the discard effect intended to last for the remainder of the duel or only that turn in which you used it? I'm going to assume that it's the former, in which case, yeah, there are concerns about this (even if it is to screw over Solemn Strike and stuff). One thing of note, this card's effect says monsters, but unless you play Monster Mash zombies, if you happen to excavate Spell/Trap Cards, are they going to be sent to the Graveyard / banished or just returned to normal? The protection is good though, but needs a limit to how long it lasts.

====

For right now, voting C.

- A's on-summon effect is fine, but not sure about the other one.

- B lets you see what you have coming, or thin out your Deck if needed; some skepticism on its discard effect.

Archived