♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♫Melody Maestro♫

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Alias:Aria...
  • Xfrixtando

Congratulations to those all who have participated on this event, and an outstanding and extravagant achievement for Nano/Giga for finding all the eggs and cracking all the riddles....Thanks to the event organizer as well as the participants too...

Well, to be honest, I found at least 4 eggs by luck, searching this and there without no clue where the egg could end up...

As for the eggs I've missed

8. number 8 has to do with a farewell thread, and a great member, but I thought it was in Misc, never thought it showed up in the news

15. Number 15 has something to do with Night (.kids..), but I didn't manage to find it, since it is on the second post by Thar in the thread, pretty tricky...

23. I thought JAL is Java Automated Language, never thought of Japanese Airlines, so tough luck for me

As for eggs 34 and 37 I have no idea where these are, I thought a Christmas Wishlist? Banlist? something to do with lists, and one of these is in Cepheus

-Good luck to y'all for next year, until then-

"Swaying Notes in the wind"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xfrixtando

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 35,735 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

...I gave you the answers on the previous page, did you even look?

8 was a farewell thread (yeah, in the same forum as this one; and 36). You probably missed it because you were gone for a chunk of the time Black was a moderator.

15 was Night themed. Who else on this forum says "kids" (though he's been using another term lately if you read his posts).

34 was the last version of the Age Game (most of you know why the original one Kenta/Darkplant made got removed; it's still in Games, but just hidden). You either had the choice of searching every relevant thread, or do the problem listed in the hint.

37 required you to have found another egg and enter the password; at which time, I have removed.

===

As for Fusion, yeah, the level of the academic hints will need to dialed down A LOT for next year. Format might remain the same; most of them are easy eggs (1 - 24 were supposed to be relatively simple to get to; 25 and beyond weren't).

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

(△)

(△)

Carbonized Cells Can't Regenerate.

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
  • Alias:(parenthesis)
  • Spouse:some shitty waifu
I did some calculations of my own and determined that the optimal number of "academic hints" is 0.

hPNN3xu.gif

Striker

Striker

Happy Halloween!

• Leaderboard Chairman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,805 posts
  • Alias:Striker

I did some calculations of my own and determined that the optimal number of "academic hints" is 0.

Not even basic Stats and Economics (supply/demand equations, etc.)?

tL10K.png

Leaderboard Chairman January 2013 - Present

Custom Cards Moderator July 2014 - September 2014

2099 Tournament Director November 2015 - Summer 2016

Card Gladiator Arena Chairman January 2016 - Present

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 35,735 posts

Not everyone has taken statistics, Striker (I only got through it last semester, and thankfully it wasn't the engineering version that my advisor said would require high level calc). 

For future hints, would probably drop to general multiplication or something you should be able to do in middle school (or really stuff you probably do when playing Yugioh [basic arithmetic]) or simple variables. Not the integrals that hint 34 forced you to do, or the structural analysis. 

(Unless you guys want them all to be riddle-based)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

(△)

(△)

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
Or, just spitballing here, not use math at all because it is exceedingly unfun and there are infinitely better ways the eggs can be hidden.

hPNN3xu.gif

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♪ ♪Aria ♪ ♪

♫Melody Maestro♫

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Alias:Aria...
  • Xfrixtando

..I gave you the answers on the previous page, did you even look?

8 was a farewell thread (yeah, in the same forum as this one; and 36). You probably missed it because you were gone for a chunk of the time Black was a moderator.

15 was Night themed. Who else on this forum says "kids" (though he's been using another term lately if you read his posts).

34 was the last version of the Age Game (most of you know why the original one Kenta/Darkplant made got removed; it's still in Games, but just hidden). You either had the choice of searching every relevant thread, or do the problem listed in the hint.

37 required you to have found another egg and enter the password; at which time, I have removed.

Actually, I have looked at the answers before posting my concerns for missed eggs.

Well, for the eggs Iv'e found

Spoiler

"Swaying Notes in the wind"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Xfrixtando

Sanaki

Sanaki

You stand in the presence of Sanaki, Empress of Begnion.

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Alias:Sethera

Huh, there were even less people participating than I thought. Though I suppose there's just a lot going on in all our lives at the moment. But I'm impressed that there were people that got 30+ eggs. That's pretty dang cool. Still, looking forward to that egg logo, which is, admittedly, the main reason I participate in these.

Posted Image

Sanaki

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 35,735 posts

Part of it could be that 10-12% [4 - 5] of the eggs involved computational work that's classed as advanced, which was a recurring complaint here. (Again though, I did warn in advance that some of the hints would require computations, but the level should've been lowered to things most members can do). That, and/or it's that time where final projects need to be done and ultimately examinations. 

I'll get to the awards after finals (which are this coming week, or sometime between Monday and Friday, because I have a gap period there.)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

(△)

(△)

• Ace Investigator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts
No sakura, you somehow still seem to not get it. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other. Warning about them doesn't change the fact that having eggs that require work like that is just a generally bad idea. I don't know if you somehow think that's fun, but generally speaking, people don't. Many people who did the event simply didn't bother with those hints, because who would?

Any nonzero amount of egg hints like this in the future is the wrong amount.

hPNN3xu.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Super Moderators
  • 35,735 posts

(If no one else has anything to say about the eggs or whatnot...)

At the present time, I will be awarding the prizes I promised in the OP:

Since Giga found all of the eggs, he gets the 200K reward (+40K because he already got a group), plus a banner.

Aria gets the runner-up prize.

Everyone who found 10+ eggs (which I think is everyone bar Roxas from my spreadsheet gets the Easter egg hunter logo).

[I will PM all of this]

====

So yeah, good job on finding eggs for those of you who made it through (and got them) and congratulations to the winners. Any feedback obtained here will be used to plan for the 2018 hunt if it occurs (things will come up that may force it to be canceled or otherwise delayed).

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users