Camion, the Timelord

3fe2e1f6.jpg?resize=243%2C300&ssl=1

Jikaishin Camion / Camion, the Timelord
Level 10 EARTH Fairy-Type Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Cannot be Special Summoned from the Deck.
(1) If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing.
(2) Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. You take no battle damage from battles involving this card.
(3) At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: Shuffle 1 card your opponent controls into the Deck, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect’s activation.
(4) Once per turn, during your Standby Phase: Shuffle this card into the Deck.

Anime effect spun all the opponent's monsters and inflicted 500 for each. While this one is less powerful, it's Spell Speed 4, which is always nice. I like it.

EDIT: Just realized it doesn't target, either. That makes it even more awesome.

and it not only shuffles monsters, it also shuffles pendulum cards and spell/trap, and no cards or effects may respond to this effect's activation. Which is awesome!

"Aww, I wanted to use this twice." In seriousness, perhaps this strange wording points to some future support card with a way to circumvent this.

That's a shared aspect of all Timelords. And the support card you're thinking of is GB Hunter. Though in Camion and Zaphions cases it would be best to keep her from the field until Main 2.

Barring Sephylon, at least. G.B. Hunter does prevent Timelords from returning to the Deck but not in a way that involves their OPT clause.

What I was trying to get at was that they can't return from the field to the Deck multiple times in the same Standby Phase anyway because they'd have left the field by that point and would have to be Summoned again to return again, where re-Summoning would circumvent an OPT clause anyway. Though it is possible this is a mistranslation, as Metaion simply states "During your Standby Phase: shuffle this card into the Deck." If not, then there'd be a difference in that Metaion's Standby Phase effect activates again if its initial activation is negated, whereas Camion and co. are OPT (I might as well have brought this up in any other of the new Timelords' threads, I didn't choose Camion for any particular reason).

So negating the activation once should be enough to keep Camion but not Metaion from returning. That said, a card that negates the activation of your own monster's effect but not its general effect doesn't come to mind, and your opponent likely wouldn't negate it from returning.

Barring Sephylon, at least. G.B. Hunter does prevent Timelords from returning to the Deck but not in a way that involves their OPT clause.

What I was trying to get at was that they can't return from the field to the Deck multiple times in the same Standby Phase anyway because they'd have left the field by that point and would have to be Summoned again to return again, where re-Summoning would circumvent an OPT clause anyway. Though it is possible this is a mistranslation, as Metaion simply states "During your Standby Phase: shuffle this card into the Deck." If not, then there'd be a difference in that Metaion's Standby Phase effect activates again if its initial activation is negated, whereas Camion and co. are OPT (I might as well have brought this up in any other of the new Timelords' threads, I didn't choose Camion for any particular reason).

So negating the activation once should be enough to keep Camion but not Metaion from returning. That said, a card that negates the activation of your own monster's effect but not its general effect doesn't come to mind, and your opponent likely wouldn't negate it from returning.

Metaion was printed when all trigger effects that activated during a specific phase had an implicit "once per turn". Now, they started making it explicit, but for cards that weren't updated, the rule still stands.

Archived