Number 71: Lebarian Shark

a6c2ae08.jpg?resize=223%2C300&ssl=1

Numbers 71 Lebarian Shark / Number 71: Lebarian Shark
Rank 3 WATER Dragon-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 2000
2 Level 3 monsters
(1) Once per turn: You can target 1 “Number” monster in your Graveyard, except “Number 71: Lebarian Shark”; Special Summon it, and if you do, attach all Xyz Materials on this card to that Summoned monster.
(2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can take 1 “Rank-Up-Magic” Spell Card from your Deck and place it on the top of your Deck.

RANK UP THE 7TH ONE

ITS A RANK UP MAGIC SEARCHER....almost. There aren't too mny applications for this it seems, since it's R3. You can use it in BA for the Phantom Knights rank-up or.........use the LV3 Raidraptors even *shot*

Neat that it resembles Ryouga's sharks mixed with the Barian crest.

It would, hell, the number is outright telling us what to do. 71, Seventh One. Kinda cute. Also can refer to how eventually, all 7 Barian Lords were in one, when Nasch basically had all their life energy and their 10X Numbers.

Y'know now that you mention, it being Number 71 makes sense.

But yeah, it does make 7th One more consistent

17 was Leviathan dragon, but the point still stands.

Though that is interesting as this and 39 were the first two numbers seen in Zexal.

And it was used by Shark aka Barian Emperor Nasche, whose return allowed the Barians to use the 7th One.

I could've said the same when you talked about Shark/Nasch in your last post, but decided not to.

I was offering more information because flavor, not necessarily to say you were wrong but to point out more flavor for anyone to see.

You were implying my post was referring to something you were not referring to, when in fact it was.

I was offering more information because flavour, not necessarily to say you were wrong but to point out more flavour for anyone to see.

You were implying my post was referring to something you were not referring to, when in fact it was.

I wasn't implying that at all, I was originally correcting a minor error with Nai's post, and adding flavour stuff on top. Perhaps I shouldn't have responded the way I did.

It's nice that you can use this as Link Material to trigger its RUM-stacking effect right away. It can be triggered by Mega Zaborg, too.

Oh wait, its first effect doesn't require to detach nor anything so you can still use it if you summoned it through Bahamut Shark xD

Or... maybe not, since the material-attaching effect appears to be mandatory, so if you cannot fulfill it, then you shouldn't be able to activate the effect in the first place.

So apparently we're getting this in the Yugi mega tin. (Whilst the Kaiba one will have Proxy D​ragon)

http://yugioh-card.com/en/products/tin-2017megatin.html

Really? That's...random as all hell, honestly.

In all seriousness, I love this card. It's so flavorful, and kind of interests me.

Firstly, it's an obvious parallel to No.17. Both are Rank 3 WATER Dragon Xyz. This has 0 ATK and 2000 DEF, to No.17's 2000 ATK and 0 DEF.

The name is hilarious for referencing "Barian Shark". Hell, its artwork even resembles the Barian emblem.

The first effect is pretty awesome. It can revive a Number and then give that Number its Overlays. That has some cool applications in general, but even moreso with No.101/C101, and the whole effect seems like something Nasch would legitimately do (a lot of his random support cards had to do with manipulating his Overlay Units).

Interestingly, that first effect doesn't cost an Overlay, nor does it seem to REQUIRE you to have one to use the effect. You can revive Numbers for no cost, they just won't get any Overlay Units.

And if this goes to the Graveyard, stack a RUM. Obviously meant for The Seventh One, which fits both with the whole "Barian Shark/Nasch" theme this card has going for it, while also adding bonus significance to it being No.71. Seven(th) One.

The only real downside is this thing is a Rank 3, and most things that run RUM focus is Rank 4 focused. HOWEVER...we did recently get the incredibly belated Shark/Rio support, including stuff like the Full Armors, No.94, and a lot of the Shark/WATER support. Saber Shark can increase OR decrease Levels, so in a Shark Deck, this card is totally fair game.

Archived