Red-Eyes Fang with Chain

258b3979.jpg?resize=210%2C300&ssl=1

Kusari tsuki Red-Eyes Fang / Red-Eyes Fang with Chain
Normal Trap Card
(1) Target 1 “Red-Eyes” monster you control; equip this card to that target. It can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase.
(2) You can send this equipped card to the Graveyard, then target 1 Effect Monster on the field; equip it to the monster this card was equipped to. While equipped with this effect, that monster’s ATK and DEF becomes the same as the monster equipped to it.

Why am I just now realizing that the second effect doesn't require your own monster? For some reason, I thought you ditch this card and equip one of your own effect monsters to the originally equipped monster. I suppose a surprise Alkahest can potentially really screw over an opponent's turn.

Much like Fiendish Chain, it's one of those cards that tries to build into its design a little upper hand for vanillas. 

Not a bad thing to do IMO.

Kunai with Chain Red-Eyes edition.

Red-Eyes Wizard of Time and Red-Eyes Thousand Dragon coming up next at some point~

Seriously now, this card seems like a pretty good OTK enabler on the Gemini Red-Eyes and its first fusion with how they burn each time they battle already. It shouldn't be too hard to find two monsters on the opposing side once in a while. Worst case scenario you at least have a disruptor in here. Sucks that that disruption is more likely to lower your monster's ATK rather than boost it like OG Kunai with Chain did, but oh well.

Archived