Caterloguer

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Caterloguer

EARTH

[insect/Effect]

ATK/ 200 DEF/ 200

If your opponent adds a card(s) from their Deck to their hand, except by drawing them: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; add 1 card from your Deck to your hand that shares the same card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap)  as the 1 of the cards your opponent added. You can only use this effect of "Caterloguer" once per turn.

Definitely will see a ton of usage, considering nearly EVERY Deck has a searcher for something nowadays. Although that being said, most of the time, it'll probably a monster considering the usual stuff; not too much with S/T. Only problem here is that its stats are low and vulnerable to getting wiped, but I guess you can Inferno Reckless multiples if you have to. IDK, maybe you could try a Maxx C-styled effect; discard it so won't be a liability on the field. 

I love this idea, but at the same time, I wonder if it makes the mirror match a bit of a jabroni, as if it weren't already.

Like, say they activate Qliphort Scout search, then you use this to be a scout search for anything. Qli is bad, but that's just my example, and it can be applied to, say, Zoodiac, if they use Fire Formation Tenki.

Basically, it seems like a necessity for most decks that are popular for the mirror match. All I would note is that it's harmful to rogue Decks because it's a liability to have to bring it JUST for the mirror match, because who the heck plays rogue? But if you run into the mirror, you lose if they have this and u don't.

I love this idea, but at the same time, I wonder if it makes the mirror match a bit of a b****, as if it weren't already.

Like, say they activate Qliphort Scout search, then you use this to be a scout search for anything. Qli is bad, but that's just my example, and it can be applied to, say, Zoodiac, if they use Fire Formation Tenki.

Basically, it seems like a necessity for most decks that are popular for the mirror match. All I would note is that it's harmful to rogue Decks because it's a liability to have to bring it JUST for the mirror match, because who the heck plays rogue? But if you run into the mirror, you lose if they have this and u don't.

It's not just for mirror matches. This card can work in any deck, as long as the opponent performs a search to make it live. Pretty sure it would be close to an staple due to searching being common in deck of higher tiers, and it should benefit even rogue decks.

I don't like the card, personally. The search range of card types, monster, Spell, Trap, is too broad, even if it relies on the opponent indirectly choosing the type/pool for you, but really, more often than not it will be a monster or Spell, and most likely you will have good stuff to grab from both those types; even when searching a Trap you may have good targets in Solemn Strike and other toys.

Now this card looks like fun. Given what most cards search, you'll most likely be adding a monster with this card's effect, like with Reinforcement of the Army. Sure, fairness may be an issue, but you've already got a strict "once per turn" clause on it, and most changes would only hinder this card's practicality. So I say it's fine as it is right now. Though why's it called Caterloguer but is an Insect-Type? I thought it'd be a Beast-Type.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Though why's it called Caterloguer but is an Insect-Type? I thought it'd be a Beast-Type.

Its name is a portmanteau of the words catalogue and caterpillar. :3 I wish I would make the card art for it to be portrayed how a perceive it so people got it the first time around. :/ Maybe it is about time I do that again...

Archived