Photo

Transcendent Deck (can only summon during opponent's turn)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

tenri00

tenri00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys...

Just as always, I really love making Pendulum Archetypes. Ironically, with the way the anime ended, I hated Arc V though. Now that the new series is coming soon with new changes in rules, I still want to make a viable Pendulum deck despite the fact that they got nerfed so hard (actually, I feel like they deserved it). I'm still not good at designing card effects though, so if you see some op possibilities, inappropriate effects or even cheesy names, feel free to criticize. Thank you.

*I do not own the card arts and the backgrounds I used. Credits to their owner whoever they are.

Transcendent Archetype

This archetype consists of only 5 Pendulum Monsters (2 Main Deck, 1 Fusion, 1 Synchro, 1 Xyz), 1 Link Monnster, and 4 Traps (Situational Traps with unique activation requirements).

Main Deck Monsters:

Helios the Transcendent Summoner

fYjxLS.png

PE: Pendulum Monsters in either player's Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 Monster Cards. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz Summon using cards in either player's Pendulum Zone including this card (this is a Quick Effect).

ME: This card can only be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If you use this card you control for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a non-Tuner monster. Cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Selene the Transcendent Summoner

MRRsGV.png

PE: Pendulum Monsters in either player's Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 Monster Cards. Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz Summon using cards in either player's Pendulum Zone including this card (this is a Quick Effect).

ME: This card can only be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck and cannot be Summoned by other ways. If you use this card you control for a Synchro Summon, you can treat it as a Tuner monster. Cannot be targeted by card effects.

Effects and Strategies:

Both of this main deck monsters cannot be Summoned by any means from the hand as a handicap. Also they both have low ATK and DEF stats, making them useless on the field. However, both of them have a great Pendulum Effect that can Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon using cards on EITHER player's Pendulum Zone (all pendulum monsters in the Pendulum Zone are treated as Level 4 monsters while these cards are on the field), meaning they can monopolize Pendulums; you can only do that during your opponent's turn though. Also, they cannot Link Summon using these effects so they must be on the field to summon their Link "Boss" Monster and there's only one way to do that, they must be Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck.

Another thing, Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck must be placed on the Extra Monster Zone or Linked Zone if they would be Pendulum Summoned, so Summoning the Link Boss would be impossible with these 2 monsters alone.

Extra Deck Monsters:

Vulcan the Transcendent Innovator

CRD2RQ.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 1 to 10; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn: You can destroy this card; add 2 "Transcendent" monster from your Deck to your hand.

ME: 1 "Transcendent" Pendulum Monster + 1 Effect Monster
This card gains the effect of all the monsters used for the Fusion Summon of this card. When this card is Pendulum Summoned: Target 1 face-up card on either side of the field or Graveyard; this card gains that card's effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can place this card to your Pendulum Zone, if possible.

Strategy: This card is the Fusion Boss of the archetype. During its first summon (fusion), this card can gain the effects of its fusion materials, preferably Helios and Selene due to their "cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects" combo. When this card is Pendulum Summoned, this card can gain a targeted card's effect WITHOUT "end of this turn" limit.

Harmonia the Transcendent Liberator

nGS4GV.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 1 to 10; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn, when your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card.

ME: 1 "Transcendent" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card battles, this card's attack becomes equal to the ATK of the monster it is battling +100, during Damage Calculation only. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone, if possible.

Strategy: This Synchro is a walking moon mirror shield, able to beat any high ATK monsters. This card is pretty simple actually, except that, just like Vulcan, you can place this card on your Pendulum Zone DURING YOU OR YOUR OPPONENTS TURN, and the most amazing thing is, you can do it on either player's main, battle or before End Phase. This effect becomes deadly due to this card's Pendulum Effect that can quickly Special Summon this card to the field IF you are attacked by an opponent's monster.

Discordia the Transcendent Conqueror

fVEdDT.png

PE: Once per turn: You can declare a Pendulum Scale from 1 to 10; this turn, this card becomes that Pendulum Scale. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can destroy this card; add 1 "Transcendental" Trap Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

ME: 2 Level 4 monster
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Must be Xyz Summoned with at least 1 "Transcendent" monster as Xyz Material. When this card is Pendulum Summoned: Target 1 card on the field; attach that card to this card as Xyz Material. During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material; place this card to your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls become 0.

Strategy: Honestly, I think this card is too OP. This one might need a little tweek so I hope you guys can help me out with this one. The idea is to steal a Monster/Spell/Trap from your opponent's field as this card's Xyz Material every time this card is Pendulum Summoned. Also, this card's Pendulum Effect can recover a "Transcendental" Trap.

Iris the Transcendental Saviour

msyePj.jpg

*PLEASE IGNORE THE CARD TEXT ON THE IMAGE

Effect: Link 2 - "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters - 2
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can move this card to one of your Main Monster Zone. Once per turn, when this card would be destroyed by card effect: You can banish 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck instead. Once during your opponent's turn, if your opponent would Special Summon(s) a monster from the Extra Deck: You can place 2 "Transcendental" Pendulum Monster from your Deck or Extra Deck to your Pendulum Zone.

Strategy: This card is hard to summon since it requires 2 "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters, and as we know Helios and Selene cannot be on the same field nor HeliosxHelios or SelenexSelene. That is just impossible. The only way to summon this card is to have Helios (or Selene) coupled with 1 Fusion, Synchro or Xyz "Transcendent". However, for a Link 2, I do think that this card is still too op and might need a bit of tweeking.

Trap Cards:

All of the traps in this archetype are unique traps, but I made sure they're hard to pull off, situational or not too op.

Transcendental Emergency Teleport

ssQc0t.png

Effect: You can activate this card from your hand. When your opponent's monster declares an attack: Negate the attack; place up to 2 face-up "Transcendent" Pendulum Monsters from your Extra Deck, Deck or Graveyard to your Pendulum Zone. You can only activate "Transcendental Emergency Teleport" once per turn.

Strategy: This one is a hand trap, meant to disrupt your opponen's attack and eventually summoning (during Battle Phase) an Extra Deck Monster through Helios and Selene's Pendulum Effect.

Transcendental Counterattack

ck8afH.png

Effect: This card cannot be activated except by banishing this card from the Graveyard. If your opponent activates a card effect that would destroy, return or banish a "Transcendent" monster you control: Negate the effect, and if you do, you can activate that card's effect as this card's effect instead.

Strategy: This card can negate a card effect that would destroy, banish or return a monster you control, and ultimately, use it as its own effect. However, this card can only be activated from the graveyard and might need some set up to activate.

Transcendental Strategies

C0tpyR.png

Effect: This card can be activated the turn it is set. Return this card to its owner's hand at the end of the turn this card was activated. While this card is face-up on the field, cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Special Summon of "Transcendent" monsters.

Strategy: This card can cover the weakness of your boss monsters from summon negations. Also, this card can return to its owner's hand just like a spirit monster not to mention it can be activated on the turn it is set.

Transcendental Portal

tGLnFi.png

Effect: This card can only be activated during your opponent's Battle Phase. When this card is activated: Add 1 "Transcendental" Trap Card from your Deck to your hand, but if you do, you cannot activate Trap Cards with the same name as the card you added until the end of this turn. You can only activate "Transcendental Portal" once per turn.

Strategy: This card is the searcher of traps and it can do its job on your opponent's battle phase. Actually, it can only be activated during their battle phase. But it can pretty much disrupt your opponent's strategies if they're not careful.

-------

Author's Note: I really tried to make this archetype unique as possible. But I do think that some of those concepts were pretty much OP. So I want to hear your thoughts about these cards and thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users