[Old Version] Yugioh STARS [IC]

Libracor

On a small beach on the West side of Ley Island, the sun shines bright, its reflection twinkling on the endless sprawling seas. For many students on the Island City-State, today is the first day of summer, but just four miles away, trapped in the gray gridlock of city streets and screeching tires, surrounded by cars and duel runners alike, one Duel Academy is still in session. 

Ten Minutes...

The student populace frantically count down on the clock. Their written finals are done, the last field exams are winding down.

Eight Minutes...

Cliques and small groups coalesce, preparing to move into the City, hoping to display their skills in the heat of battle, or just to relax with a drink on the beach.

Five Minutes...

The wheels of Fate begin to turn as a group of friends forms in the Cafeteria.

Who are they, and what do they desire?

[spoiler=OOC]Here's the first post guys! Remember that all posts must be done primarily in character. Also, there will be no duels until all characters have introduced themselves.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily for the young man known by many as Bryce, he was not apart of that Duel Academy. He was already starting to enjoy the beginning of his Summer days, a smirk on his face as he basked in the sun in a small west-side beach. "This is great....Finally away from that craphole of a Duel Academy, getting weeks worth of free time, and better yet, I'll be joining a tournament tomorrow to snag me a nice bit of pocket money." These were the thoughts that ran through his head as he started nearly drifting off to sleep before opening his eyes wide again and standing up from the soft sand beneath him, dusting it off. 

"Son of a....Forgot. They gave me a freaking Summer project since my grades were so bad. So much for enjoying the view and chilling out for once. If I don't do it, my mom'll gut me." He said to himself as he started to stomp away somewhat angrily from the wonderful coastline of Ley City

005c90d4d8690436dc69b684472b84b8.jpgb3074cf61693ee7c04af8b6cc2e16d2a.jpg

the two twins were waiting just outside the school for the day to be over and a flood of duelists to watch. Hiro, the slightly taller of the two, was searching through his phone for video's of past duels "I think I need more Black Wings and Brutal Warriors, there are a few cards I don't have any footage of." his sister replied, not looking up from her deck "Sounds good but I haven't seen a decent Black Wing deck in who knows how long, I might not be able to find one." this was how their days usually went, Hiro was to shy to duel anyone but his sister so he mostly watched and recorded duels, collecting matches the same way he did cards, Hikara on the other hand seemed to be the complete opposite, always excited and happy to find opponents, though she would tell you her brother was the only dueling partner or rival she needed. "Hiro, do you wanna go over your cards to real quick? You know, just in case we need to tag team." he rolled his eyes but nodded in the way she knew he really did want to duel today, quickly the girl placed her cards back in her deck box and inside the little pocket she had sewn into most of her hats as her brother took his own from the clip on his belt loop. "I was thinking I could add another copy of Horrid Heart or a third Tsunami." he said showing his sister the cards in question. She shook her head in reply "Horrid Heart is good but it messes with your swarming capabilities, add a second Tangle Grove for more searching." He nodded in understanding and made a note to himself on his phone to buy an extra copy of the monster "We'll have to hit the card shop then, he's not in any recent packs so we might have to buy online if they don't have any." The two kept going on about cards to buy and updating their decks for more compatibility for the duration of their wait until the flood of challengers burst from the front doors of the building.

Venus loved the sun. It helped plants grow and without it, they would die.  She herself was enjoying the beautiful sun just like a plant. The different flowers tied in her long flowing hair were open, soaking up the sun. Venus was walking through a park which she had been at many times before. She knew every inch of the park, and also, every plant. Whenever a new plant grew or an old plant died or was taken away, Venus noticed. Unaware to Venus, a few people were staring at her from behind, most likely wondering why she had so many flowers in her hair. For almost an hour, Venus had been at the park. Now she was on her way out. Before she did this, she walked up to an old cherry blossom tree. The tree had been in the park for many years, long before Venus was even born. When Venus had first gone to the park years ago, she had taken a flower from the tree and tied it in her hair. That same flower was still in her hair, tied right beside a white rose.

Putting her hand on the tree’s bark, she looked up at the many cherry blossom flowers on the branches. “It’s a nice day. Don’t you agree?” She asked the tree. A light breeze blew by, slightly swaying the branches of the tree. Venus nodded her head and smiled, as if the tree had responded. “I knew you would agree with me. I hope that you have a great day. Hopefully some rain will happen this week so you can get watered. Well, bye!” She turned around and headed for the park exit. As she left, she walked north, heading back to her house. A sudden ding caught Venus’s attention. In an instant, she reached into the flower print purse which carried her duel disk, deck, her phone, and other things. Pulling out her phone, she saw that there was a text from her friend Alice, who recently moved to Europe.

Hey Venus! I finally got out of dueling school. How are you? The text said.

Making sure she was looking where she was going, Venus responded.

I’m doing well. Just left the park. I still miss you seeing you though.

After she put the phone back in the purse and crossed a street, another ding rang out. Venus pulled her phone out again to look at the new text.

I miss you too, Venus. Hopefully my parents and I will come to Ley City to visit.

Venus texted back.

Yeah. Hopefully.  I’ll get on Skype when I’m home.

As she sent the text and looked up from her phone, she quickly stopped and backed up a step. She had almost walked into a boy and girl who were talking to each other. “Sorry,” Venus apologized for the almost collision, before walking past them. Venus looked at her surroundings and saw that she was right in front of a school. Venus shivered as she looked at the school, remembering the bulling that had happened to her when she used to be in public school. After that, she had been homeschooled by her parents. Another ding brought Venus back to the present and she glanced back at her phone.

Alright then. I’ll be waiting by my computer. The new text said.

Venus put her phone back in her purse and continued walking.

I was indeed a good day over Ley City, a pure blue sky except the occasional small cloud, a sun radiating it's warming beams over the city. Yana was walking through the streets, enjoying the weather and looking at the life going on. Children playing along the streets, birds chirping around.

She also noticed a number of duels going one, it reminded her of her younger times, when she made a name for herself in the dueling world. She still had a deck and a duel disk in her purse, just in case she'd find the occasion to show a trick or two to a few youngsters. She was perfectly remembering the content of her deck, and the strategies and combos behind it.

As she walked further, she came accross a large group of teenagers moving out of a building. She looked up and realised it was the Duel Academy, even more memories came back. She used to give some temporary classes there as 'professional', but it was a time long gone. She stopped and sitted on a nearby bench, and just watched at the students pouring out of the building.

Bryce, after a couple minutes of walking from the beach, had arrived in front of the duel school in question, surveying the landscape and more importantly, the duelists. "Hm....if I know anything, it's that it's always either people who stand out way too much or are trying too hard to not stand out are usually good duelists. Aha!" Although his method seemed to be oddly specific and ineffective,  it happened to work this time as he spotted someone who looked rather anti-social to him, subtracting the singular person right next to him. 

And so he stepped his way through the crowd, as it practically parted for him (though this was likely because of his size and intimidating stare he was giving anyone who got in his way) and he had made it to Hiro and his sister. "Hey, you!" He declared, looking down on the smaller-statured young man. "Your a duelist, yeah? What about you duel me? I have a feeling you could give me some entertainment for a few minutes." He declared rather cockily, people in the crowd starting to whisper and gossip, saying things such as "Isn't that Bryce Orwell?" and "He's the guy who got 10th place in the last Ley City international tournament, yeah?"

005c90d4d8690436dc69b684472b84b8.jpgb3074cf61693ee7c04af8b6cc2e16d2a.jpg

The twins barely looked up as some girl practically walked into them, Hiro looking at his footage as well as card prices on his phone while Hikara looked through his cards for him to make suggestions "Sorry" Hikara only looked up for a moment to see the flower decorated girl staring at the school when the doors finally opened and the crowd swallowed her. The girl quickly went back to examining her brother's deck as the students formed a natural bubble around the two, preferring to keep away from the strange twins and leave them be. "Hey, you!" both siblings looked up, wondering what was happening, only to see a large man pointing at the two of them from across the swarm of duelists Hiro watched in a strange timid horror as the man made his way through the parting crowd as if he had an invisible force field of pure intimidation. "Your a duelist, yeah? What about you duel me? I have a feeling you could give me some entertainment for a few minutes." Hiro trembled as all eyes were on him and the challenger standing practically on top of him, keeping his eyes firmly planted on what was suddenly the most interesting concrete ever. "Isn't that Bryce Orwell?" "He's the guy who got 10th place in the last Ley City international tournament, yeah?" Just as he steeled himself enough to give a shaky response over the murmuring crowd his sister jumped in, placing the deck back in Hiro's hands while he fiddled with his fingers "He's more an observer than a participant." She explained cheerfully, giving the large man her trademark adorable smirk "I'd be happy to duel you though!" the crowd was array with disappointed whispers "Of course he's not dueling." "He always let's Hikara fight for him." "When was the last time you even saw Phantom HERO's in action, let alone him using them?" the voices quickly became to much and Hiro felt as if he wasn't in control of his actions "A-actually I'd  like t-t-to" he took an audible breath and looked his sister in the eyes for reassurance "I'd like to duel today Hikara." she nodded in understanding as he handed her his phone to record for him and he placed his deck into his duel disk with shaking hands then clumsily strapped the device onto his arm. looking down so no one would see his eyes the boy spoke in a quite plea "C-could we go somewhere more private s-s-sir?"

"Hm?" Bryce almost snickered. The poor kid looked as if he would topple over from a slight breeze. However, at his request that they go somewhere more private, he just lets out a loud singular laugh. "Privacy, eh? I've got it." He turned his attention to the crowd, and as his gaze passed across each of them, all of those students felt as if they'd become as cold as ice. "Hey, you 3rd-rate Duelists! Beat it! If this kid doesn't want a crowd to try and cheer him on against me, then so be it!" At the declaration, practically the entire crowd dissipated. 

He turned his attention back to Hiro, his smirk back in full bloom. "So, small fry, ready for this? I'm honestly a little worried....If your having your sis take every challenge thrown at you, you must be some next-level wimp." He said, his smirk turning into a slight sneer as he swiftly slid on a hot red Duel Disk, similar in design to ones from GX. He then placed his Deck into it from his pocket, drawing his opening hand. 

005c90d4d8690436dc69b684472b84b8.jpg

Hiro let out a sigh of relief as the crowd dispersed at his opponents request but was quickly taken aback by his comment "If your having your sis take every challenge thrown at you, you must be some next-level wimp." he shook it off, although he was visible hurt by the insult, and took a few steps away from his opponent and turned on his duel disk, the blade extended and a soft mechanical hum began as his deck was shuffled. Hiro drew his hand, carefully examining each card before drawing the next, and began his turn. Hikara whispered something to Hiro before taking her place to record the match "K, all set over here, you two have fun!" she seemed excited to watch her brother face a new opponent and didn't appear to mind Bryces rude comment. The boy nodded with some new found courage and  took a card from his extra deck "First I'll do a Fusion Summon by banishing the materials from my hand, tarnished pride of the vigilante lays the path to a new power, Reveal yourself from the dark and phantom fuse, Phantom HERO Fallen Angel!" he placed the cards in his banished zone and delicately put the fusion in a monster card zone causing two men to appear on the field, one made of pure light and the other wearing a flowing black cloak. the two began phasing into each other, the light wrapping around the dark and forming a heavenly angel with wings of pure black "Next I'll do the same with two more monsters, come out Swamp Necro!" the same cloaked figure appeared, this time next to a hunched over figure made of vines and bits of tree bark. As plants untangled they grabbed the cloak, turning into a witch doctor like figure "Now then, Swamp Necro give me back Stellar, Necromatic Return." Hiro gestured towards the angel and watched as his other monster reached into it's body and pulled out a ball of light. "Next I summon Black Flame and make my final Fusion, Phantom HERO Burning Nova!" just as quickly as it entered the field the dark living fire was gone, replaced with the shining man made of light, this time engulfed in blue flames. "Finally I activate a spell, H- Horrid Heart, by equipping it to my Burning Nova he gets a buff and can't be removed by battle or his own effect." a large black  "H" insignia appeared on the flaming hero causing the fire to grow larger and brighter. "I'll end there, and the second you draw a card you'll be hit with six hundred damage." Hiro declared in triumph looking toward his sister who gave him an encouraging thumbs up from her seat nearby.

[spoiler=Duel Progression] 

Hiro

LP: 4000

Hand: 1

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Fallen Angel

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/Lvl6/2000/1000)

"Phantom HERO Mystery + Phantom HERO Stellar Nova

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. This cards attack cannot be negated. When this card declares an attack destroy the attack target before the damage step if it has higher ATK than this card. When this card leaves the field inflict 1000 damage to your opponent and gain 1000 Life Points."

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/Lvl6/1900/1800)

"Phantom HERO Tangle Grove + Phantom HERO Mystery

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO", add that card to your hand."

Phantom HERO Burning Nova

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/Lvl7/2500/2000)

"Phantom HERO Stellar Nova + one Fire attribute monster

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. During your opponents standbyphase inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each "Phantom HERO" on the field."

H - Horrid Heart (Equipped to Burning Nova)

Equip Spell

"Equip to one "Phantom HERO" monster you control, it gains 500 ATK each time it destroys a monster. If the equipped monster is a Fusion monster it cannot be removed from the field by battle or by it's own effect."

Bryce raised an eyebrow. Sending out three Monsters in the same turn? Not only that, but all Fusion Summoned? Impressive....But he's overextended way too much. With a smirk, Bryce silently draws his card. Sure, his Monster hit him with 600 points worth of damage as soon as he did, but he merely shrugged it off. "First thing's first. Since you control a Special Summoned Monster, that being...Well, all of 'em, I can Special Summon Brutal Warrior Xiahou!" 

The monster appeared, clad in armor akin to Japanese samurai, wielding a heavy metal bow. However, they couldn't see it's face; only two blue slits that you would presume are his eyes. "Now, Xiahou's effect activates! When this guy is summoned, I can destroy a card you control!" With this declaration, his warrior took aim and fired a singular silvery arrow straight at Burning Nova, heading toward it's heart. (Side note; wouldn't Nova be 2500 still, since Horrid Heart only gives the buff once it destroys a Monster? Anyways....) 

Bryce's Field: 

Brutal Warrior - Xiahou: Attack and Defense, 1900. Effect: If your opponent controls a Special Summoned Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, whenever your opponent Special Summons a Monster, it loses 500 Attack and Defense. During either player's turn, when a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your hand or graveyard and pay 500 Life Points; negate that destruction. 

Venus had left the school behind and was about to get to her house, when suddenly, her phone rang. It was her mother. With a tap, she answered the phone. “Hello?” “Hey sweetie,” her mom said, “Where are you?” Venus had a feeling where this was going. “Is there something you want me to get, mom?” she asked in a slightly bored tone. “In fact, there is,” her mother admitted, “I was wondering, since you’re out and about, can you drop by the supermarket and get some milk.” Venus covered the phone’s mic and groaned. This was the third time this week that her mother asked her to go get something. First it was bread, next it was cereal, and now, it was milk. Venus didn’t mind getting stuff for her mom, but it was starting to get on her nerves. She uncovered the mic. “Sure mom.” “Great. But don’t worry; I’ll pay you back for the milk.” Venus wasn’t worried about paying her own money to get milk, she was worried about all the…..people. “Okay, bye mom,” Venus said before hanging up. After that, she turned around, going back the way she came.

The super market was not that far away from the park she had recently left, so that was sort of a bright side, since she could glace at the park on her way. As she began to pass the school had previously walked down, something caught her eye. There were two people standing alone, both of them with duel disks. Venus recognized one of the duelists as the guy she had almost ran into a few minutes ago. Now that she had some time to look, she saw that he was small and lean with brown hair that mostly covered his eyes. Venus decided to call him Goth since she didn’t know him. The girl that had been talking to Goth was also there, standing nearby. Venus looked at Goth guy’s opponent, and her eyes grew to the size of saucers. The person she was staring at was HUGE, the complete opposite of Goth. He had bright red hair and eyes, along with a tan body. She decided to call him Hulk. Venus had mixed emotions about Hulk. Part of her found him attractive, while the other part was scared to death, because he looked like a bully.

The only thing that didn’t make her run away was the duel itself. She loved duels, and plant-type monsters. So, forgetting what her mom had told her, Venus walked into the school grounds and watched the duel, keeping a good distance away. Already, she saw the duel was in full swing. Goth already three monsters on the field, each one of them looking different from the other. It was Hulk’s turn and he had some kind of samurai warrior holding a bow on his field. "Now, Xiahou's effect activates! When this guy is summoned, I can destroy a card you control!" Hulk said, before Xiahou pulled back his bow and fired at one of Goth's monsters: A shining man covered in blue flames. “Well Goth seems to be in trouble….”, she whispered to herself.

h_by_inkescher-db71hb8.jpgh2_by_inkescher-db71hfm.jpg

"Now, Xiahou's effect activates! When this guy is summoned, I can destroy a card you control!" Hiro flinched as his monster was hit with the arrow "But with Horrid Heart equipped I can't retrieve Stellar Nova!" he thought in a panic, looking towards Hikara in hopes of receiving some kind of reassurance "Don't look at me, he's the one your dueling right? If you're going to give up after losing one monster then why bother starting?" she went back to recording the duel, sure to get a half decent close up of both duelists and their fields. "Come on Hiro, I've hit you with way worse, are you really gonna let this guy push you around?" as she watched her brother begin to basically hyperventilate Hikara decided if they saw this guy again she would have a 'talk' with him. Hiro calmed himself as much as possible and, just barely able to make eye contact, gave the best retort he could "It's no big deal, I've got a t-t-ton of way stronger monsters!" He quickly looked at his hand as if that one card had so many possible combos it could make "That sounded terrible, he's going to tear me apart."

Hiro

LP: 4000

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Fallen Angel

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/Lvl6/2000/1000)

"Phantom HERO Mystery + Phantom HERO Stellar Nova

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. This cards attack cannot be negated. When this card declares an attack destroy the attack target before the damage step if it has higher ATK than this card. When this card leaves the field inflict 1000 damage to your opponent and gain 1000 Life Points."

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/Lvl6/1900/1800)

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO", add that card to your hand."

Enigma sighed. He was in his tower, his part of Infinita Indestries. He was staring at his father's painting, and wondered where he could be. Truth be told, he needed a day off. He headed to the roof, when suddenly there was a knock at his door. He knew who it was.

"Come in, Mother."

His mother came in, with a strange look in her eyes, like she had been taking some drugs. She didn't say a word. As usual, she started to clean up the place.

Enigma headed to the roof, which was a new technology. He sat in the chair, put a device on. He felt his mind open, and the vision begin.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He saw his father, Paradox, in a strange outfit, in a strange world. His eyes seemed full of despair, yet hope. Suddenly, he saw his father face three other duelists, which happened to be famous, but he just couldn't see their faces. Suddenly, the sky became silver, purple,and yellow. He heard the phrase"Now go, Dark Cosmic Wind!" with his father yelling "No, No, Noooooo!" Enigma suddenly saw the sky turn black, ending the vision.

________________________________________________________________________________

Enigma ripped it off, and remembered that that wasn't Paradox's Fate, as that was just timeline peeking. He smelt smoke so he ran down stairs to find, inside the room, his mother with a lit match, standing next to the Painting!

"No.

"Yes."

Surprisingly enough, Bryce heard Venus whispering and turned his head back to her, giving a brief wink before turning his attention back to the Duel at hand. "Now that one's down, it's time to cull the rest. I Normal Summon Brutal Warrior Khutulan!" A new warrior appeared, this one being obviously female; clad in nothing but cloth covering her private areas and a shiny steel dagger in hand. Oddly enough though, just like Xiahou, her face was clouded in darkness, the only thing visible being two yellow slits that should be her eyes. The first thing Hiro would notice about the Monster was, oddly enough, it has ? Attack and Defense, then quickly rose to 2000. 

"Let me explain, since I'm sure your a bit confused. Khutulan has a special effect where she gains 1000 Attack and Defense for each Brutal Warrior on my side! In other words....The longer it takes you to defeat my Monsters, the stronger she'll grow!" He said with a grin, Khutulan going into a position as if ready to jump at one of the heroes and slit their throat. "Last but not least, I'll be giving Xiahou the Equip Spell, Brutal Berserk Soul! With it, he gains another 500 Attack!" As the equip came into action, Xiahou's blue eye-slits changed to a disturbingly red color as he let loose a yell that would make the most stalwart foe shiver.

"Now, let's fight! I'll have Xiahou attack your Fallen Angel!" The archer, with bloodlust in his red eyes, fires a lightning fast arrow at the Fallen Angel, nearing closer every second. 

Bryce's Field:

Name: Brutal Warrior - Xiahou 

Attribute: Earth 

Type: Warrior/Effect 

Level: 5 

Attack: 1900 (currently 2400) Defense: 1900 

Effect: If your opponent controls a Special Summoned Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, when your opponent Special Summons a Monster, it loses 500 Attack and Defense. During either player's turn, when a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card and pay 500 Life Points instead. 

Name: Brutal Warrior - Khutulan 

Level: 4 

Attack: ? (currently 2000)  Defense: ? (currently 2000) 

Effect: This card's Attack and Defense are equal to the Number of "Brutal Warrior" Monsters you control X 1000. If a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would leave the field, you can send this card from your field or hand to the graveyard instead. 

Name: Brutal Berserk Soul (equipped to Xiahou) 

Spell Type: Equip 

Effect: Equip only to a "Brutal Warrior" Monster. The equipped Monster gains 500 Attack. Once per turn, if the equipped Monster destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can activate this effect which applies until the End Phase; halve the equipped Monster's Attack, and if you do, the equipped Monster can attack again. If this card is in your graveyard, you can pay 500 Life Points to equip it to one face-up Attack Position "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control. 

h_by_inkescher-db71hb8.jpg

Hiro looked in awe at the female warrior before him, knowing t would be a major threat if he didn't take care of it as soon as possible, not paying any attention to the equip card Bryce had just played "Now, let's fight! I'll have Xiahou attack your Fallen Angel!" the young duelist simply grinned as the arc of lightning split his monster down the middle "Don't you know about the effect the Phantom HERO's are known for?" The two halves began changing, returning to the form of the monsters Hiro had used for the fusions summon. "If the fusion would leave the field it splits apart instead and goes right back to the extra deck causing your attack to get a replay, and in Fallen Angels case there's more." as he spoke the cloaked monster named Mystery leaped to Bryce's side. "When he leaves the field you take one thousand damage and I gain the same amount!" the hero attacked Bryce in a flash while Hiro himself was blasted by it's light counterpart with a beam of white. The two monsters returned to their places on the field and took up a defensive position before becoming somewhat weaker, the light of Stellar Nova dimmed a noticeable amount and Mystery seemed to find it difficult to hold himself up "Huh? Hey! What's happening to my monsters?"

Hiro

LP: 5000

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/6/1900/1800)

Phantom HERO Mystery

(Warrior/Dark/4/1100/1300) (originally 1600/1800)

"While this car dis face-up on the field it becomes Fiend-Type. You can discard this card, special summon one "Phantom HERO" from your deck or graveyard. This card can be treated as another "Phantom HERO" for a Phantom Summon."

Phantom HERO Stellar Nova

(Warrior/Dark/6/1200/600) (originally 1700/1100)

"While this card is face-up on the field it becomes LIGHT Attribute and Fairy-Type. Destroy this card unless you control another "Phantom HERO" monster. If this card is destroyed destroy one card your opponent controls then, if it was destroyed by it's own effect, destroy one card your opponent controls or inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

Bryce grunted as he was struck in a flash, but smirked through the pain. "What's happening with your Monsters right now is simple. Due to the effect of Xiahou, all Monsters you Special Summon while I control him lose 500 Attack and Defense." It was then Hiro noticed what was happening; his Monsters were being intimidated by the mere presence of this warrior, and it was about to get worse. "In that case, I'll have Xiahou re-declare his attack onto Mystery!" His red-eyed warrior drew his bow, firing a single and true arrow toward the heart of his ignoble Hero. 

Enigma and his mother were at a standstill. They were so close to a fight that the tension in the room could snap at any moment.

"Mother, what do you think you are doing!?" His mother was smiling, in a sarcastic way.

"What I am doing is simple. I am getting rid of the man who ruined your life."

"Mother, you are the one that started this. You sent me to the physiatrists. Why do you not accept it like I have?!"

"You are delusional. All I want is the best for you. I really just want you to move on. Why are you resisting me!?"

Suddenly, the match burned out. She went for the match box. Enigma activated a switch on his Necklace, and on his arm appeared a Unique duel disk, similar to the one his father used. It was colored yellow and blue, with a few lines of white. He scooped up the matches and passed it to his hand.

" You want it? Duel and get it!"

His Mother paused. "Son. Give. Me. The. MATCHES."

Enigma stopped, and said something he knew his father would be proud of.

"Over my dead body.

"Mystery!" Hiro shouted out to the hologram as it was hit by the arrow and fell to the ground in defeat before disappearing. "Why didn't I set my trap card? it's not like I needed a card in my hand." the boys thoughts spiraled, imagining the rest of the match ending in his swift and humiliating defeat in millions of ways "I should have let Hikara play for me, who cares if people think I suck at dueling? it's not like they'd be wrong . . ." Hiro was unable to look up at Bryce, to afraid to look him in the eye "I c-can win without him, I still have Swamp N-necro." It was about this time in any duel that Hiro would wish he'd never started, that he'd just watched Hikara, maybe even that he'd never dueled at all.

Hiro

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

"While this card is face-up on the field it becomes LIGHT Attribute and Fairy-Type. Destroy this card unless you control another "Phantom HERO" monster. If this card is destroyed destroy one card your opponent controls then, if it was destroyed by it's own effect, destroy one card your opponent controls or inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

Bryce could practically feel the despair of defeat emanating from Hiro, and smirked. "With a look like that, I'd say I've already won." He declared rather confidently, preparing his next attack. "Next up on who'll be biting the dust is that Stellar Nova, and I'll be doing it with the help of my Equip Card! You see, Brutal Berserk Soul had another effect that I neglected to mention. When the equipped Monster destroys a Monster, I can halve their Attack to let them have another go!" 

At this, Xiahou let out a bone-chilling shout, the murderous intent in his eyes grew massively as he took a arrow from his quiver and lunged at Stellar Nova, preparing to plunge it through the hero without remorse. 

Bryce's Field: 

Attack: 1900 (currently 1200) Defense: 1900 

Effect: If your opponent controls a Special Summoned Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, when your opponent Special Summons a Monster, it loses 500 Attack and Defense. During either player's turn, when a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card and pay 500 Life Points instead. 

Name: Brutal Warrior - Khutulan 

Level: 4 

Attack: ? (currently 2000)  Defense: ? (currently 2000) 

Effect: This card's Attack and Defense are equal to the Number of "Brutal Warrior" Monsters you control X 1000. If a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would leave the field, you can send this card from your field or hand to the graveyard instead. 

Effect: Equip only to a "Brutal Warrior" Monster. The equipped Monster gains 500 Attack. Once per turn, if the equipped Monster destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can activate this effect which applies until the End Phase; halve the equipped Monster's Attack, and if you do, the equipped Monster can attack again. If this card is in your graveyard, you can pay 500 Life Points to equip it to one face-up Attack Position "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control. 

"Next up on who'll be biting the dust is that Stellar Nova, and I'll be doing it with the help of my Equip Card! You see, Brutal Berserk Soul had another effect that I neglected to mention. When the equipped Monster destroys a Monster, I can halve their Attack to let them have another go!" The young duelist watched with an odd satisfaction, as the warrior lunged Stellar simply allowed himself to be destroyed, causing a strange explosion on impact. "In issue twenty three Stellar Nova is revealed to be made up of unstable light like particles, in certain situations they unintentionally detonate and in this case that means when you take him out I get to destroy one of your cards! I think I'll go with your Khutulan!" Hiro was amazed his opponent had walked right into that, he'd hardly ever seen Stellar Nova's effect activated by another player attacking it.

Hiro

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

He scowled as his female warrioress was destroyed by the explosion, simply shrugging it off. "So you dealt with Khutulan. Big deal. I'll just be setting this card face-down and calling it a turn.....Hell, I'm sure that the guy you made earlier who got dealt with by Xiahou's effect was the pinnacle of what you could reach. In that case, just with Xiahou along with his brutal soul, I'm gonna win this." Bryce declared, his scowl changing back to a smirk in seconds. It seems nothing kept him down for long, as he played his face-down and waved for Hiro to begin his turn. 

Bryce's Field: 

Attack: 1900 (currently 2400) Defense: 1900 

One face-down Spell/Trap

Venus was shocked as Bryce turned around and winked at her. Almost instantly, the color of her cheeks changed to a bright pink as she blushed.  ‘Why did Hulk wink to me? Did that mean he liked me?’ Venus thought nervously, before shaking her head, ‘No. He doesn’t even know me. He probably just heard what I said and winked. Why did I even think he winked for another reason?’ Venus breathed a deep breath, draining the pink from her cheeks, before bringing her attention back to the duel. As she watched the duel, she realized that Goth was nervous. ‘If he continues to be nervous, he’s going to lose this duel’ she thought. She wanted Goth to win because he seemed like the underdog in this duel. She saw Goth start to get even more nervous as two of his monsters were destroyed by Hulk’s monster. ‘Come on Goth, don’t be nervous!’ As she thought this, Hulk spoke.

"Next up on who'll be biting the dust is that Stellar Nova, and I'll be doing it with the help of my Equip Card! You see, Brutal Berserk Soul had another effect that I neglected to mention. When the equipped Monster destroys a Monster, I can halve their Attack to let them have another go!" 

When Stellar Nova got destroyed, Venus was a bit shocked as Goth’s mood changed, as he seemed happy that his monster was destroyed. "In issue twenty three Stellar Nova is revealed to be made up of unstable light like particles, in certain situations they unintentionally detonate and in this case that means when you take him out I get to destroy one of your cards! I think I'll go with your Khutulan!" Goth said, and when Venus heard this, she was excited and shot her fist in the air.

“Yes!” Venus shouted, before realizing that she said that out loud and not in her head. Embarrassed, she covered her mouth with both of her hands and watched Hulk end his turn, "So you dealt with Khutulan. Big deal. I'll just be setting this card face-down and calling it a turn.....Hell, I'm sure that the guy you made earlier who got dealt with by Xiahou's effect was the pinnacle of what you could reach. In that case, just with Xiahou along with his brutal soul, I'm gonna win this”.

He has so much confidence,’ Venus thought, ‘is his deck really good or is he just really cocky?’

From behind Venus, an unflinching voice was heard. "If you think for a moment that you're anywhere near that kid's league, plant-freak, you're mistaken."

The voice belonged to Stella Burner, a student with auburn hair and piercing yellow eyes. She had on a flattering purple tank-top and black jeans under a Gold jacket that marked her as one of the top 10% of South Academy. She was cold and calculating. She had never paid Venus any mind during interscholastic competition, even when she went to school.

"You? A dropout?" Stella scoffed, "All these basic boys care about is dueling, and I don't see you winning any tournaments." She began to laugh at her own cruel joke. "Maybe that's why you're rooting for the obvious loser?"

"Hell, I'm sure that the guy you made earlier who got dealt with by Xiahou's effect was the pinnacle of what you could reach. In that case, just with Xiahou along with his brutal soul, I'm gonna win this." He wasn't sure why but that angered Hiro, the boy ignored it and drew a card "The pinnacle of the Phantom hero's? We'll see." he looked into his graveyard and made a decision. "Swamp Necro, give me Mystery!" the witch doctor nodded and reached into it's own chest, pulling out a dark mass. "I'll summon him back to the field then activate this, E - Electric Assualt! this card brings out a Phantom HERO from my deck and deals three hundred damage to you for each one on the field, so welcome back Stellar Nova!" a flash of lightning struck the field revealing the strange hero who then struck the other monsters on Hiro's side to create a large bolt heading straight for Bryce.

Hiro

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

Phantom HERO Mystery

(Warrior/Dark/4/1100/1300) (originally 1600/1800)

"While this car dis face-up on the field it becomes Fiend-Type. You can discard this card, special summon one "Phantom HERO" from your deck or graveyard. This card can be treated as another "Phantom HERO" for a Fusion Summon."

Was time moving backwards? Taika watched from his desk, elbow resting on the smooth surface, his chin burrowing into his palm as dull green eyes watched the clock on the wall struggle to move its hands forward. The low murmur of the other students faded into the air and never hit the boys personal space, his focus and attention was on that damn clock and his mind straining as he willed time to move forward and closer to his freedom. I wander what would happen if I didn't have psycic powers? Would I be a force for good or evil? I think you'd be good. Yeah, me too. I'd be- Is this what it had come too? Taika Muzami, having a superhero conversation with himself? Taika was considered a little odd by his fellow students, but he'd never though that of himself until now, the clock had broken his mind; That clock would be his arch nemesis! 

His daydream was soon interupted as a hand pushed his face to the side and off the fleshy chin-rest. Blinking himself out of thought, Taika gave a nod to the student who had alerted him to the fact that his summer was starting, this was going to be amazing. 

Jumping from his seat, Taika hoisted his bag onto the small desk and began rifling through the contents. His hands waded through candy wrappers, tissues, old scraps of paper and finally found his deck box. With a grin he hooked it onto the belt around his waist. From the back of his chair, the teen glabbed his red jacket with white sleeves and slipped over the thin frame of his body. A old pair of goggles that hung around his neck was pulled up, drawing the slightly greasy chocolate brown hair out of his face and cascading down to his shoulders. Turning to leave, a shadow loomed over the boy as his teacher stood over him, holding out a half eaten chocolate bar that was begining to melt in the summer heat. 

"If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times Taika, No.Eating.In.My.Class" 

"Sure thing!" Taika said cheerfully as he snatched the chocolate bar and stuffed the gooey goodness into his mouth "Laytua Mur See" he mumbled through the mouthful of food and dashed out of the room before the teacher could say anything more. 

As soon as Taika left the classroom he instantly melted into the crowds making their way through the hallways. He wasn't a teenager who stood out or was popular, Taika was just himself and that meant easily unnoticable. The conversations were mostly about summer and vacation plans but filtering out the mundane, Takia heard of a duellist scaring away crowds outside so that he could beat his opponent in peace. This excited Tai more than anything and with various weaves, didges and slips, he made his way outside and into the refreshing air. "OK, food after" he told himself as he found a wall to slide down and watch from a small distance as the battle continued. His face covered by a ear to ear grin. Duels already, this summer was going to be awesome!

Archived