[Old Version] Yugioh STARS [IC]

Libracor

As Draena’s life points hit zero and the duel ended, Venus watched her dragon fade away. Taking the STAR card off her duel disk, she stared at it. Millions of thoughts were flying through her mind. She had a STAR card. A STAR card! They were extremely rare. She didn’t know why it had come to her, but at the moment, she didn’t really care. The excited voice of Draena broke Venus out of her trace.

"That was so cool!" Draena screamed, "Where'd you get a STAR? Are you interested in acting? We could totally act together! MypartneroverthereisreallyuptightandhonestlyIreallydonttginkheenjoysthislikeIdo-" she took an extremely deep breath... "I'm Kimmi Caroll: Cosplayer Extraordinaire! That over there is my partner, Ronnie Aono!"
From over where the knight was dueling, his voice could be heard, no longer in character, but nasally and whiny, "You broke character!" 

Venus was taken aback by Kimmi’s outburst and stepped back a couple of steps. She had barely heard half of what Kimmi said. Nervously, Venus gulped. “Um, to tell you the truth, I don’t even know how I got this STAR card.”

Suddenly, a shiver went up Venus’s spine and she looked around. The crowd that had been watching the duel were now staring at her. Some people even had their phones out, filming her. Well of course they were; Venus had a STAR. But for Venus, the attention was starting to become too much for her. Quickly putting her duel disk, deck, and STAR card up, Venus started to slowly back away. “Uh, it was a nice duel we had and all Kimmi, but, um, I have to…go. So, um, see you…later?” Venus said in a voice that was full of nervousness and fear. And with that, she turned around and started to head back to the fountain at a fast pace, hoping that Max would be there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

h_by_inkescher-dbcwvi6.jpgh2_by_inkescher-dbcwvl2.jpg

"So this is what a STARS looks like huh?" Hikara was examining her brothers new card that had helped him win his first real duel as they walked home, on the surface it didn't seem to be anything special, just another fusion monster from Hiro's favorite archetype. "And you don't remember anything after you got it?" Hiro shrugged and played the video she had captured for him "Not really, I didn't realize I'd won until you told me." something in the video made him uncomfortable, the way he looked, the way he acted, it wasn't him at all. "And you said the video cut off right? You think the STARS did that?" Hikara smiled nervously and nodded "Yeah, it was really weird." she paused before deciding to change the conversation "Hey! You finally have a card version of Ultima like you wanted though right, he's the strongest hero they have isn't he? I bet now no one can beat you." her twin smirked and rolled his eyes "How many times do I have to tell you, in the newest incarnation they made him way weaker, the energy it takes to form him could potentially kill them so they don't do it anymore." the two twins continue down the road talking about the various iterations of the Phantom HERO franchise, almost forgetting what had happened during that duel.

• 1 month later...

As Venus made it back to the fountain, she was extremely nervous, so it only made perfect since that she almost had a heart attack when she felt somebody put a hand on her shoulder. Instantly, she turned around and backed away from the person, only to see that it was Max.  

“Whoa, you’re jumpy,” Max said, worry showing on his face. Being the same age as Venus, Max stood a bit taller than her and had slight muscles. He also had red and white hair, which Venus always wondered if it was dyed or not. “Are you alright, Venus?”

“Oh, um, yeah.” Venus said, slightly calming down when she recognized her friend.

“Oh good.” Max’s worried look slowly changed to the usual smile he always wore. “But anyways, I got to tell you something really important.” He took in a deep breath before continuing. “I signed up for a duel tournament!”

“Huh?” Venus was confused. “So, um, the urgent thing you texted me about was that?”

“Well, yeah.”

“Then couldn’t you have just texted that instead having me meet up with you?” Venus reasoned.

“Yeah,” Max admitted, “but I wanted to meet up with you so we could duel.”

“A duel?” Venus sounded as if she had never heard the word before.

“Yeah. I want to train for the tournament, so I thought a duel against you would be a good start.”

A silence followed as Venus began thinking. ‘I would duel him, but after that duel with Kimmi, I feel a bit tired. That plus I don’t want to attract any more attention than I already have.’ Looking over at where the duel with Kimmi had taken place, Venus saw some people were on their phones, probably posting on social media videos or pictures that showed her with her STAR card. That was a major problem, she realized. Soon she would probably be hunted down by people who wanted to see her STAR card or duel her. Having made up her mind, Venus took a deep breath. “Sorry Max, but I don’t want to duel today.”

Max look like he had just been slapped. “Wh-what?! But why? You’re usually always ready for a duel.”

“Well, I, um, feel a bit tired and want to go home, but, uh, maybe we can duel tomorrow?” Venus started to slowly back away.

“Uh, ok then. See you tomorrow.” Max said, doing a slight goodbye wave.

Venus copied Max’s gesture as she turned around and walked off. “See ya,” she said over her shoulder before heading for home.

The twins walked into their regular card shop in a quiet part of the city, Hiro liked it due to the lack of crowds and, it being their regular spot, the fact that basically all the employee's had formed a casual sort of friendship with the two was an added bonus for when things like the duel earlier. the electronic bell went off as they passed through the doors followed by a girl in the back looking up from the box of sleeves she was putting on shelves to wave. Hiro immediately went to look at the sold cards on display, searching for something interesting, while his sister went to the other side of the counter to talk to the man at the register. "Hey Liam, any news recently?" Liam was her inside guy for stuff like new cards being released or any pro duelists she should keep an eye on, if more STARS were being distributed he'd know. "Didn't you hear about the huge duel in the alley on the east side!" Liam was practically jumping over the counter as he pulled out his phone and loaded a video, his horrible blonde afro bobbing. "So what was it?" she asked, her brows furrowed as she stared at the buffering screen. "It was totally amazing! this amateur got a STARS card in the middle of a match against some prodigy!" Hikara went pale as her brother walked over, Liam always got loud and shrill when he was excited. "Really? cause we were on the east side earlier and -" his sister nudged him and he cut himself off. the video finished loading and the twins watched in anticipation and a bit of fear as it started, the audio was terrible but they could tell it wasn't Hiro's duel, it was in some alley between a girl and some cosplayer. "That's pretty cool actually." "Pretty cool? that's it? You two must have walked right by it before it happened on your way here or something so I guess your in shock but all you have to say is pretty cool!" Liam was getting close to that frequency only dogs could hear. "Actually that's kind of why we're here, see Hiro was dueling this guy earlier and, well just show him." Hikara watched Hiro delicately pull out his own STARS and place it on the counter "I guess there were a couple of them showing up today." he said it in that cute socially awkward manner that you only hear from your shy friend embarrassed when they do something impressive. "Hiro, you actually dueled someone?" somehow that was more amazing than the boy being in possession of a STARS. "So Ultima huh, this means you two will stop hounding me about whether or not he'll get a card right?"  Hikara rolled her eyes and gave the card back to her brother "You think there are any other STARS out there right now or just Hiro and that girl?" Liam just shrugged "Well no one seemed to record Hiro getting his so I'm sure there's a ton out there we don't know about, at least three or four more probably, these things usually show up in waves after all." Hiro went back to look at some more rare cards while his sister and Liam went to his "headquarters" to look for any info on more STARS, he smirked as he thought about it, those two really liked playing detective in the breakroom when stuff like this happened, Hiro just assumed the two were unofficially dating or something and didn't want him to know, those "research sessions" were probably closer to make-out sessions. he just shrugged it off and examined the next card on the shelf.

As Venus walked down the sidewalk, she felt really nervous. After all, she had a STAR card, something that was really rare. Video of Venus having the STAR card had already been posted to social media, and was starting to slowly spread. Max, who she had left, had already sent her 5 texts, all which clearly showed that that he had found out about her STAR card. She was half-expecting somebody to suddenly jump out and challenge her to a duel for her STAR card. Venus had thought about getting rid of the STAR card, but something inside her wouldn’t told her not to. So she headed for her house at a quick pace, checking around herself at all times.

But as she passed by a card shop, something caught her eye. Inside the card shop was the guy she saw earlier that had been dueling at the school. He was looking at some cards on a shelf. She knew that he also had a STAR. She had seen him get it. But she didn’t know how his duel ended, and this single thing tempted her to go talk to him. At least there wasn’t that many people in the store. Before she knew what she was doing, she was stepping into the card shop. While the door closed behind, she headed towards the guy. She didn’t really know what she was gonna talk to him about. Maybe about STAR cards or something? As she came up behind him, she stopped. She wasn’t the best when it came to starting conversations, so she didn’t really know what to do. Introductions were usually a good start, right? Taking in a light breath, she tapped him on the shoulder.

“Um, hi.” She said, flashing a nervous smile. “I’m, uh, Venus and I saw some of your duel today, but…something came up and I had to leave. So, I’m mainly wondering if you won or lost the duel.”

h_by_inkescher-dbcwvi6.jpg

"Um, hi." Hiro spun around and saw a girl, looking around he remmebered he and Hikara were the only people in the store that weren't staff, she had to be talking to him "I’m, uh, Venus and I saw some of your duel today, but…something came up and I had to leave. So, I’m mainly wondering if you won or lost the duel." He blushed, she saw his duel, no one but Hikara ever watched his duels, watching that Bryce guy maybe, but him? "I uh, well, I won I guess." Hiro shrunk in on himself in embarrassment, trying to create space between himself and this Venus girl. "M-my names Hiro Y-Yūrei. You probably wanted to talk to my sister right? She's the one that's good, I just get lucky sometimes." he desperately wanted an excuse to get out of the conversation, or at least have his sister there to make him less anxious. "I can go get her, sorry if I'm in your way." He almost whispered his apology as he headed for the break room to get Liam and his sister, not waiting for a response.

"I uh, well, I won I guess." Hiro said, blushing.

Venus was happy to hear that he had won, but was a bit surprised that he also seemed to be nervous. In fact, Hiro seemed to be more nervous than her.

"M-my names Hiro Y-Yūrei. You probably wanted to talk to my sister right? She's the one that's good, I just get lucky sometimes. I can go get her, sorry if I'm in your way."

Next thing Venus knew, Hiro was quickly heading for a door, which she assumed either lead to a storage or break room. She would have let Hiro go, if one thing didn’t keep bouncing around in her head. Hiro had a STAR card, just like her. And she wanted to keep talking, about what, she didn’t really know, but maybe he knew something about STAR cards that she didn’t. So as Hiro went into the room, Venus was right behind him. “Wait!” Venus said as she entered the room. “I, uh, want to see if you know anything about STAR cards.”

"Hikara, Liam, there's someone in the shop." Hikara closed the computer as her brother entered the break room, panicking over someone in the actual store "So I guess I've gotta do my job then huh?" the twins stared at Liam in distaste "What? Not funny?" "Wait!" the three of them turned to see Venus had followed Hiro in "I, uh, want to see if you know anything about STAR cards." Liam and Hikara exchanged an odd look when she mentioned STARS "You're that girl from the video aren't you?" Hikara seemed unimpressed, or at least in comparison to Liam who was squeaking in excitement "Two STARS holders in my shop in one day! Can I get a picture of you for the register? Hiro you wouldn't mind dueling her would you? This is so cool!" Hiro blushed and stepped behind his sister while she whacked Liam for being such a fangirl "She probably didn't know Hiro had a STARS card stupid, just go do your job." he walked out muttering while Hikara offered Venus a seat "So umm, -" "Her names Venus." "Venus, what'd you wanna know about STARS? We probably don't know much more than you but I'm sure there's some info we could swap."

• 6 months later...

Archived