[Old Version] Yugioh STARS [IC]

Libracor

Bryce grunted in mild pain as the bolt struck him, yet he didn't waver despite his Life Points now dropping to a worrying 2100. "Is that all you've got? All you've done is effect damage to this point, and it's hammering in the point that you can't even beat Xiahou in battle. If that's the case, then....There's no way you'll beat my ace." He said somewhat ominously, staring down his Monsters. 

"Okay, I have to think about this a bit....Stellar Nova has that stupid effect that'll destroy one of my Monsters. Not good. Everything else, though? Shouldn't be much of a threat. Especially with such pitiful Attack and Defense, which is brought down even lower by Xiahou." He thought to himself, his confidence swelling even larger. As of now, there were no signs this kid's deck had what it took to even beat Xiahou. 

Bryce's LP: 2100 

Field: 

Name: Brutal Warrior - Xiahou 

Attribute: Earth 

Type: Warrior/Effect 

Level: 5 

Attack: 1900 (currently 2400) Defense: 1900 

Effect: If your opponent controls a Special Summoned Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, when your opponent Special Summons a Monster, it loses 500 Attack and Defense. During either player's turn, when a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card and pay 500 Life Points instead. 

Name: Brutal Berserk Soul (equipped to Xiahou) 

Spell Type: Equip 

Effect: Equip only to a "Brutal Warrior" Monster. The equipped Monster gains 500 Attack. Once per turn, if the equipped Monster destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can activate this effect which applies until the End Phase; halve the equipped Monster's Attack, and if you do, the equipped Monster can attack again. If this card is in your graveyard, you can pay 500 Life Points to equip it to one face-up Attack Position "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control. 

One face-down Spell/Trap

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venus froze as somebody behind her spoke. "If you think for a moment that you're anywhere near that kid's league, plant-freak, you're mistaken." 

Plant-freak. It was the name that bullies called her. The name that she hated the most. Usually, she would run away, but her friend Alice had taught her to not run away from a bully because it showed that you feared them. So, taking a deep breath, Venus turned around. The girl that stood before her had auburn hair and yellow eyes, wearing black jeans with a purple tank-top under a Gold jacket. Almost instantly, Venus had the feeling that she had seen her before and believed that the girl’s name was Stella, but couldn’t remember where she heard it from. "You? A dropout?" Stella scoffed, "All these basic boys care about is dueling, and I don't see you winning any tournaments." She began to laugh at her own cruel joke. "Maybe that's why you're rooting for the obvious loser?"

Venus closed her eyes and breathed another deep breath. On the inside she was freaking out, but instead of running away, she said what she thought Alice would say in a situation like this. “Sorry if you don’t like me rooting for the underdog, but my name is Venus, not plant-freak.” She said with slight nervousness in her voice. “And if you think I'm a bad duelist, then, um, why don’t we duel right now so that, um, I can prove you wrong?” As she said this, she reached into her purse and pulled out her deck.

But then her nervousness got to her, and like always, when she was nervous, she became clumsy. Her fingers slipped and her deck fell to the ground, with her cards spilling all over. Instantly, Venus crouched down and started picking up the cards, hoping that other people weren’t staring at her. ‘This is so embarrassing,’ she thought with dread as the color of her cheeks changed to a deep red.

Stella began to laugh coldly again, a laugh that carried not humor but cruelty. "Are you seriously gonna do this? How do I know you're not gonna fall and break your leg drawing your first card?" She looked down on the crouching Venus. "Tell you what, if that loser defeats Bryce, I'll allow you the honor of dueling the rank 9 duelist at Ley Academy south!"

She whirled around, allowing her commanding presence to part the crowd as she walked away, leaving one final scathing comment in her wake, "I don't even need to watch that shooting star fall!"

It seemed that much of the duel had already happened and although both were talking big, Taika could see that the end was drawing near. His eyes flicked from the duel and to everyone else around the area. The confrontation had caused what Taika's parents always refered to as Duel Fever, meanin that once one duel was underway, it would spread to other people and get them in the mood for a battle of their own. This in turn would lead to more duels happening around the same area and the cycle continuing. This is what Taika loved the most about Summer and the one time he could thrive. He was a good duellist, easily as good as everyone else but his deck, although thematic and able to pull off some impressive combos, it wasn't as powerful as some others and certainly wasn't built to win at all costs. Winning didn't excite him like it did others, Taika didn't want perfection in his game because if he were perfect there would be no room for improvement. 

His eyes settled on two girls, one stumbling around as her deck fell to the ground and the other, who he recognised from the academy stide off trying to be as dramatic as she could. Drama queen. From his position, Taika stood and strode over to the girl, Venus. As carefully as he could, the boy held some of her cards out to her with a smile. "Don't let it bother you. People like that are only good for puppets, y'know... because of the stick up her-" he cut himself off and stood mekely, linking his fingers behind his head. "Positive thinking an' all that. Anyway, time for food! Seeya!" The boy turned around on his heels and walked away to find food, the cafeteria perhaps. 

h_by_inkescher-db71hb8.jpg

"Phantom Fusion." Hiro knew what his opponent was expecting, the return of Fallen Angel, but that was not the case. Just like in issue seventy three when Mystery was brain washed by one of Umbra's minions Hiro would surprise Bryce with a new combination of the light and dark heroes "Corrupted thoughts let dark snuff out the light, I summon Phantom HERO Midnight Nova, scourge of the Phantom HERO's and the key to any Fusion I desire!" like before Mystery began wrapping himself around Stellar Nova but unlike before instead of forming wings for the angel he completely enveloped him, taking hold over his body and transforming the two into a shadow like creature with horrid sharp claws and glowing green eyes.

[spoiler=Duel Progression] 

Hiro

LP: 5000

Hand: 1

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/6/1900/1800)

"Phantom HERO Tangle Grove + Phantom HERO Mystery

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO", add that card to your hand."

Phantom HERO Midnight Nova

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/7/2000/1500) (originally 2500/2000)

"Phantom HERO Stellar Nova + one Dark attribute monster

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. You can tribute this card, special summon one "Phantom HERO" Fusion monster from your extra deck (this is treated as a Fusion Summon)."

The land grows dark... gradually all light fedes into shadow. In the distant sky, a faint glimmer appears, quickly descending upon the battlefield. The light strikes the ground in a sudden crash, flooding the stage once more with a brilliant radiance, as a small ball of white light floats calmly in front of the Phantom Duelist, awaiting his hand.

Hiro Yūrei has been awarded a STAR.

Bryce, at first, had his cheeky smirk on his face. "What a shame, too....At top condition, that Monster would've been enough to defeat Xiahou. Sadly, though, his effect won't allow that. With only 2000 Attack now, there's no way it's beating him." He was starting to practically ooze confidence; after all, in his mind, it was only a matter of time before the kid ran out of resources for fusion and fell to the raw power of his Monsters. However, though, the most recent event in the duel changed that mindset entirely. 

Bryce couldn't believe his eyes. At first, everything started going dark as he saw something streak across the sky. He squinted at it, realizing it was heading right for them. Instinctively jumping back, the light crashes in front of his opponent as a odd ball of light sat in front of Hiro, and Bryce's confidence suddenly started to smudge up. "That....No, no. No way. Not right now....That can't be what I think it is, your just some loser duelist! There's no way...." Still, though, he didn't sound as confident in his words as before, glaring down the STAR and gritting his teeth. 

Then, suddenly, a giant, red psyduck appeared in the skies, its voice ominous and bellowing, and its sunglasses both stylish and practical.

The land grows dark... gradually all light fedes into shadow. In the distant sky, a faint glimmer appears, quickly descending upon the battlefield. The light strikes the ground in a sudden crash, flooding the stage once more with a brilliant radiance, as a small ball of white light floats calmly in front of the Phantom Duelist, awaiting his hand.

Hiro Yūrei has been awarded a STAR.

This post is less than 100 words, and is therefore in violation of the advanced clause.

I've been letting you guys slide on frequent rule violations since the RP is very active and a lot of you seem to be new, but I'd like to remind you all that your posts must adhere to the RP section's rules at all times. If you haven't given those a read, here: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348886-welcome-to-the-ycm-roleplay-section-rules-thread/

This is just a verbal reminder, but if the pattern continues you guys will leave me little choice but to start handing out warning points, so try to keep things in line, mkay?

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

-Zai

Hiro watched the card float in front of him, his eyes glazed over in a hypnotic haze as he reached out for the card, the white rectangle transformed into what was certainly the most powerful Phantom HERO possible. "Cosmic light has been extinguished, in the final issue of the original run Stellar Nova was destroyed by Umbra in his true form. from their grief Tsunami, Black Flame, Crow Freak, and Giga Colossal made a new fusion, one so powerful they forbid themselves from forming it again. I summon this unlimited power, Phantom HERO *SF Ultima by tributing Midnight Nova." the shadow creature dissolved into nothing, a beam of light shining down where it once was and a heavenly figure in a brilliant white cape and mask descended onto the field, staring directly at Bryce.

Hiro

Hand: 1

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO Swamp Necro

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/6/1900/1800)

"Phantom HERO Tangle Grove + Phantom HERO Mystery

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. If this card would be attacked or destroyed return this card to the extra deck and special summon the removed from play Fusion Material monsters. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO", add that card to your hand."

Phantom HERO *SF Ultima

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/7/2400/2100) (originally 2900/2600)

"Phantom HERO Crow Freak + Phantom HERO Black Flame + Phantom HERO Giga Colossal + Phantom HERO Tsunami

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO" monster, this card gains that monster effects, ATK, and DEF until your opponents endphase, while this card has the effect of another "Phantom HERO" monster it cannot be removed from the field by it's own effect."

At first, legitimate worry and the slightest hint of fear graced Bryce's usually intimidating glare....Until he saw the Monster's Attack and snickered. "Heh....Even if that is a STARS, that thing's pitiful! Only 2400 Attack, which only matches my Xiahou!" His confidence flooded back, realizing this with a smirk. He had nothing to fear; the Monster that he was worried would bring him ruin was just as pitiful as the rest of this guy's Monsters, and it couldn't even match one of his weakest Monsters. 

"So much for that. After the nerdy speech about final issues and stuff, and even a STAR coming to save you from defeat, that was all that came from it....It's honestly pitiful. To think that that's the monster it created to match you....And it's a weakling! Heh, I guess STARS really do mirror their user in a lot of ways." He said with a sneer, Next turn, he'd wrap this Duel up and clean this guy's clock. He had a project to do, and this had seemed to be a waste of time. 

Still, though....This was an interesting enough duel, he decided. After all, not everyone gets the chance to have a STAR come to them and try to save their ass from a major whooping. 

h2_by_inkescher-db71hfm.jpg

Hikara watched as her brother reached out to the STARS, his expression and mannerisms becoming emotionless tas he played it. "I summon this unlimited power, Phantom HERO *SF Ultima by tributing Midnight Nova." Her brother was even unaffected by the insults his opponent continued to throw "So much for that. After the nerdy speech about final issues and stuff, and even a STAR coming to save you from defeat, that was all that came from it....It's honestly pitiful." she was confused, STARS were suppose to be powerful beyond belief and yet her brothers was a level ten with only twenty nine hundred attack on it's own "This is bad, that things got to have something up it's sleeves, even if fit's just Hiro this guy should watch out." she watched him stare blankly at Bryce, looking through him more than at him "Ultima is more than you might think. Remember when you destroyed Burning Nova and my monsters didn't return? They, or rather Black Flame, is going to fuel my victory so to speak." Hikara was freaked by how her twin was talking but knew she shouldn't interfere with something like this and had no choice but to continue watching "You see Ultima can copy the ability of any of my banished HERO's, as well as increase it's attack and defense by the amount of the one I select, until the end of your turn, and so by choosing black flame his attack raises to thirty six and his defense to twenty nine." the STARS became a bright reddish orange at the boys command. "To be safe I'll set a card face down for now, if you'd please do the honor Ultima destroy his warrior, Flaming Vengeance."

"Like hell it will! I activate the Trap, Brutal Combat! With it, all Attack Position Monsters are unable to be destroyed by battle, and all Monsters are forced to stay in Attack Position!" Despite the entire flames dispensed in plentiful amounts onto Xiahou, he emerged undefeated; singed and in pain, yes, but undefeated. The warrior was still standing, or more accurately, crouching, panting as it took labored breaths. 

Bryce's LP: 900 

"Heh....What's more, you'll also need to attack with that stupid Swamp Necro right into Xiahou, or else! Brutal Combat's other effect is that during the End Phase, any of the turn player's Monsters that didn't attack this turn will be destroyed!" Despite his low life total, the young man still seemed sure of himself. He wouldn't fall to this pitiful star that would soon be crashing down before his knees. Not now, not ever! 

Bryce's Field: 

Effect: If your opponent controls a Special Summoned Monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can destroy one card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card, when your opponent Special Summons a Monster, it loses 500 Attack and Defense. During either player's turn, when a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card and pay 500 Life Points instead. 

Effect: Equip only to a "Brutal Warrior" Monster. The equipped Monster gains 500 Attack. Once per turn, if the equipped Monster destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can activate this effect which applies until the End Phase; halve the equipped Monster's Attack, and if you do, the equipped Monster can attack again. If this card is in your graveyard, you can pay 500 Life Points to equip it to one face-up Attack Position "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control. 

Name: Brutal Combat 

Trap Type: Continuous 

Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, all Monsters must be in face-up Attack Position (and if they are not, they are forced into face-up Attack Position). Face-up Attack Position Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. If a Monster of the current turn's player does not attack, destroy it during the End Phase

In horror, the crouching Venus heard Stella laugh a cruel laugh. "Are you seriously gonna do this? How do I know you're not gonna fall and break your leg drawing your first card?" As Venus looked up at Stella, she froze; staring at Stella’s piercing yellow eyes. "Tell you what, if that loser defeats Bryce, I'll allow you the honor of dueling the rank 9 duelist at Ley Academy south!" With this, Stella whirled around and left as the crowd parted to let her through as she said one final thing. "I don't even need to watch that shooting star fall!" 

Venus eyes stayed staring at Stella’s back until she was out of sight. Stella was the rank 9 duelist at Ley Academy? Did that mean that she was one of the best duelists there?! Venus suddenly felt way out of her league. She started picking up her cards again, but slower this time, as any confidence she had drained out of her. The flowers tied in her hair appeared to be effected by this, as the varying color of the flowers began to change to a dull grey. Now she remembered where she had heard Stella’s name before. A few months ago, before Alice had moved away, both of them had been talking about Ley Academy south’s top 10%. Stella was one of the top 10%. ‘I don’t stand a chance,’ Venus thought hopelessly.

It was then that a shadow loomed over her. Looking up, she saw a boy with brown hair and green eyes standing there, holding out some cards. Her cards. And he was smiling. Venus took the cards and was about to say thank you, when the boy spoke. "Don't let it bother you. People like that are only good for puppets, y'know... because of the stick up her-" he cut himself off and stood meekly, putting his hands behind his head. "Positive thinking an' all that. Anyway, time for food! Seeya!" And then he left, almost as quickly as he came.

Venus was shocked that somebody had come over to help her pick up cards and try to cheer her up. She had been so shocked, that by the time she realized that the boy had left, he was already a good distance away. Standing up, Venus called out to him, “Um, thank you!” After that, she crouched back down and picked up the last of her cards, before standing back up. As she looked to make sure all the cards were there, a smile crept onto her face. That boy had made her feel better, and strangely, it had given her more confidence than she recently had. Because of these good feelings, the flowers in her hair regained their color, losing the dull grey they were a second ago. ‘I’m gonna beat her. I don’t know how but I am! I know it!’ But for her to even face Stella in a duel, Goth had to beat Hulk, whose name was apparently Bryce. Goth was at 5000 life points, while Bryce had only 2100. Along with that, Goth now had another monster on his field: A shadow like creature with sharp claws and glowing eyes.

Suddenly, all the light around started to fade to darkness. ‘What’s happening?’ Looking up, she watched as a light fell from the sky and hit the ground in front of Goth, creating a bright, blinding light. Using her arms, she protected her eyes from the light. As the bright light vanished, Venus saw a small ball of white light floating in front of Goth. ‘What’s that?’ Bryce seemed to be even more shocked as his confidence seemed to wither as he stared at the ball of light.  "That....No, no. No way. Not right now....That can't be what I think it is, your just some loser duelist! There's no way...." Seeing Bryce’s reaction, Venus realized what just happened. Goth had been given a STAR! This was the first time she had seen someone getting a STAR, but she had heard stories of how it happened. Goth seemed to be in a daze as he took the card and continued his turn. "Cosmic light has been extinguished, in the final issue of the original run Stellar Nova was destroyed by Umbra in his true form. from their grief Tsunami, Black Flame, Crow Freak, and Giga Colossal made a new fusion, one so powerful they forbid themselves from forming it again. I summon this unlimited power, Phantom HERO *SF Ultima by tributing Midnight Nova." He was going to bring out the STAR card right now?!

Suddenly, a ringing noise distracted Venus. It was her phone. As she reached into the purse and looked at who was calling her, she almost slapped herself. It was her mom. Venus was supposed to be getting milk, not watching a duel! With haste, Venus left the school grounds and headed for the supermarket, while also answering her phone. “Hello?” “Venus, where are you?” “Sorry mom. I got distracted by a duel that was happening nearby and completely forgot to get the milk. I’m on my way to the supermarket now!” Venus said franticly. A long silence followed before her mother answered, sounding surprisingly cheerful. “Oh don’t worry it’s alright. Just go get the milk and bring it to the house. Then you can go back to watch that duel if you want.” Venus breathed a sigh of relief. Her mother wasn’t mad at her. “Okay. I’ll be there in a little while. Bye.” “Bye, honey.” Her mother said before Venus hanged up the phone and ran as fast as her legs could carry her. As soon as she got the milk and brought it back to the house, she was gonna go back to the school grounds and see how that duel ended!

The thank you was just about heard as Taika rounded a corner, his hand raising above his head as acknowledgement that he'd heard, although he was pretty sure the girl couldn't see him anymore, it was still good manners. The amount of people lining the hallways and entrance to the academy was lessening now, eager to make the most of their summer, students and professors alike were leaving the grounds as quickly as they could to get on with whatever plans they had made to enjoy the sun. Despite this, the cafeteria was still relatively busy, even if it was hot and duels were afoot, people still needed to eat and Taika was no exception. The teen grabbed a simple cheese sandwich and a can of soda and paid before making his way to a table in the corner that had just been vacated and sat himself down. Opening his mouth, the boy took a bite of the bread and cheese flavour filled hunger breaker and began to chew when a tide of people rushed out of the door, the atmosphere becoming much more electric. He stood like everyone else and followed the crowd like a sandwich eating sheep. 

Outside he saw what the commotion was about. The duel he had been watching earlier was still in progress but one of the duellists had a STAR card on the field. Taika pushed his way through the crowd, being smaller than most boys his age gave him an advantage and every gap he could find was used to full advantage, eventually leading him to the front of the crowd. His eyes were wide, the grin on his face bigger than it had ever been as he watched the rest of the duel unfold. "Destroy them!" he shouted to both of the players, he wasn't favouring any of them, so either could take it as support, all Taika wanted to do was watch a duel that had slipped into legendary proportions. 

"Destroyed if they don't attack? Not an issue at the moment." the mesmerized Hiro ended his turn, allowing Swamp Necro to be destroyed and activating it's effect to split up the fusion. "I don't know why you thought that would be an issue in fact with Ultima possessing Black Flames effect that increases the damage you'll take to six hundred." he said as the witch doctor was replaced with the cloaked figure that frequently made an appearance this duel and a human shaped pile of vines. he looked at the field as he ended, making sure everything he could think of was accounted for, far more calculating than the Hiro from before.. It was as if the monster displayed on the STARS he just received was the one dueling now.

Hiro

Hand: 0

Cards on Field

Phantom HERO *SF Ultima

(Warrior/Fusion/Dark/7/3600/2900) (by own effect) (previously 2400/2100)

"Phantom HERO Crow Freak + Phantom HERO Black Flame + Phantom HERO Giga Colossal + Phantom HERO Tsunami

This card can only be summoned by banishing the listed Fusion Materials from your hand or field. Once per turn you can target one removed from play "Phantom HERO" monster, this card gains that monster effects, ATK, and DEF until your opponents endphase, while this card has the effect of another "Phantom HERO" monster it cannot be removed from the field by it's own effect."

Phantom HERO Tangle Grove

(Warrior/Dark/4/1000/1100) (original 1500/1600)

"While this card is face-up on the field it becomes EARTH Attribute and Plant-Type. Once per turn you can summon one "Phantom Vine Token" (Plant-Type/EARTH/Lvl 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) with this effect "You can tribute this card, add one "Phantom HERO" from your deck or graveyard to your hand.""

Phantom HERO Mystery

(Warrior/Dark/4/1100/1300) (original 1600/1800)

"While this car dis face-up on the field it becomes Fiend-Type. You can discard this card, special summon one "Phantom HERO" from your deck or graveyard. This card can be treated as another "Phantom HERO" for a Phantom Summon."

Bryce tsked. "So that stupid Fusion actually required Mystery as material, and not some random garbage. Just my luck.....It doesn't matter though, because my Brutal Combat still does something else. Those Monsters you summoned? They're gonna be forced into the Attack Position because of it's effect, and both of them are trash compared to Xiahou! Not only that, but now it's my turn!" He drew his card, examining his hand closely. 

"Okay, I've got something just for you, pal, cause now I'm a little steamed...I activate the Spell Card, Brutal Burial Gift! I can only use this while I have a monster in the graveyard, but since you disposed of Khutulan, I have just that! With it's effect, I'll send Brutal Warrior Melankomas from my Deck to the grave, then draw two cards!" He stared at his two new cards greedily, only stopping to glare down Hiro and his Monsters. "I use Melankomas' effect! Once per turn, if I have no Monsters or only control one Brutal Warrior, I can summon it from the graveyard!" A man appeared, clad in nothing but a toga. He seemed rather bulky, but had only 0 Attack. Like the other Brutal Warriors, his face was unable to be seen as if by a black mist, the only visible part being two green slits that should be his eyes. 

"He may not seem like much, but he's leading to something much worse. By offering up Melankomas as tribute, I summon Aristodemus!" A new man appeared, clad in bronze armor, wielding a shield and spear. He had something wrapped over where one of the odd eye slits would be, presumably black linen due to how hard it was to see over the black mist clouding his face; the other eye was orange. 

Bryce's LP: 300

Bryce's Field: 

Name: Brutal Combat 

Trap Type: Continuous 

Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, all Monsters must be in face-up Attack Position (and if they are not, they are forced into face-up Attack Position). Face-up Attack Position Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle. If a Monster of the current turn's player does not attack, destroy it during the End Phase

Name: Brutal Warrior - Aristodemus 

Level: 6 

Attack: 2400  Defense: 2000 

Effect: When this card attacks an opponent's Monster, you can reduce the Attack of that Monster by 500 Attack for each "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can destroy the Monster that battled this card, then Special Summon one Level 4 or lower "Brutal Warrior" Monster from your graveyard. When a "Brutal Warrior" Monster you control is battling, you can banish this card from your hand or graveyard; your battling "Brutal Warrior" Monster gains 500 Attack for each "Brutal Warrior" Monster in your graveyard, until the end of the damage step. 

Far from the Academy West campus, stretching far into the skies above Ley City, there stood a vast and impressive tower of innumerable rooms. It dwarfed all of the otger Skyscrapers in the city. Embossed upon its windows were the simple letters: "Kepler Corporation." Within the building, a tall man with slickedback black hair was sipping a glass of Brandy, looking out on tge ants below him.

Suddenly, the skies grew dark and a STAR descended into the world. A smile crept across the man's face. He pressed a button on the intercom to call his assistant. "Gather the STARS hunters, Mr. Glosson. We have hunting to do."

As Stella returned to the battlefield, she couldn't believe her eyes. A real live STAR! Perhaps this Goth geek was worthy of her after all. Nobody had been able to summon a new STAR in over thirty years, but here one was. She facepalmed as she realized that this meant she might have to stoop to a lower level and duel the plant freak after all. Secretly and shamefully, she prayed the Hiro would lose.

h_by_inkescher-db71hb8.jpgh2_by_inkescher-db71hfm.jpg

"By offering up Melankomas as tribute, I summon Aristodemus!" Hiro stared at the bronze armored warrior emotionless, still in whatever strange trance his new STARS had caused. "Like your other monsters it has an effect to increase it's attack doesn't it?" the boy seemed to be contemplating the monsters on both sides of the field. "It could have some kind of protection, I should wait until he attacks with the other monster." Hikara noticed the two spectators watching her brother and his new card and decided she should stop recording, having no idea what unwanted attention evidence of a STARS could bring. She quickly deleted the video from her twins phone and went over to the others "So this is weird right? a STARS suddenly showing up out of no where for such an insignificant duel? I mean this isn't even a tourney or anything." she said to the one she recognized, Stella, the rank nine from Ley Academy.

Stella tried to ignore the unnecessary probing from behind her, but her annoyance at the situation at hand got the better of her. She wheeled around and came face-to-face with a familiar girl, one she recognized from the interscholastic competitions. "I'm not interested in this, sorry." She began to recollect her cool attitude and walk away, leaving Venus and Hikara no time to speak, or if they did, she was too wrapped up in herself to notice. "Our deal's off plant-freak! That loser isn't the Bryce I remember. He's not the man that beat me."

From out of the corner of Taika's vision there was a shadowy, pale man staring at him. Eyeing his duel disk jealousy. He knew that when his target laid eyes on him, he would leave through the crowds. The figure chuckled.

Venus wasn’t a very fit girl, so she was completely out of breath by the time she left the supermarket. Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to have run all the way there. But at least she had got the milk. Now all she had to do was bring the milk to her house, then go back to the duel school and continue watching the duel. The only problem was that Venus was so tired that she could barely walk, forced to go at a very slow pace. And if she stayed at this slow pace, she wouldn’t be able to make it in time.

Lady Luck must have been smiling down on Venus because a car pulled up beside her. The car window rolled down and a face peered out of it. It was a face that she recognized. “Dad?!” she said in shock.

Her dad, who had well-cut brown hair, smiled. “Hi Venus! I just got off of work. Do you need a ride?”

Venus was frozen by surprise, before she quickly came back to reality. “Um, yeah!”

. . .

After telling her dad about the duel, she was dropped back off at the school while her dad drove home, taking the milk with him. Luckily, the duel was still happening and now it was Bryce’s turn. But it didn’t seem good for him, since his LP was 300 and Goth’s was 5000. For some reason, Venus had the feeling that Goth was just extremely lucky with his dueling. After all, Stella had a lot of confidence in Bryce.

Looking for a place to watch the duel from, she spotted Stella and decided to walk over to her. By the time she had made it to behind Stella she was about to speak, when suddenly another person walked up to them. This other person was a girl with brown hair, who had been recently hanging around Goth. "So this is weird right? a STARS suddenly showing up out of no where for such an insignificant duel? I mean this isn't even a tourney or anything." The girl said to Stella’s back.

With a twirl, Stella turned around to face the girl.  "I'm not interested in this, sorry." She said in annoyance, before walking away. "Our deal's off plant-freak! That loser isn't the Bryce I remember. He's not the man that beat me." She yelled over her shoulder.

Venus had mixed feelings about what Stella just said. Part of her was relieved, while the other part was disappointed. She had wanted to duel Stella, but was that worried that she might have been crushed. It was then that Venus realized that the other girl was still there. An awkward silence followed, before Venus did a slight wave, “Um, hi. My name's Venus. What’s yours?” she asked with a nervous smile. 

The duel was still raging when Taika felt eyes boring into him from the distance. The STAR card had drawn a bigger crowd now and even with the surge of people around him, the feeling was inescapable. His eyes glanced around every face of the crowd and then further afeild until he found the source. The man was looking at his duel disk with a hunger and the teenagers stomach lurched. With his eyes still on the man, Taika pushed his way through the crowd until he was free and once he was, away from the gathered spectators. 

Stopping, Taika slipped off his jacket and dropped it to the ground, his mouth tightening as his hands tightened the red banded goggles above his head, making sure that his hair wasn't going to get in his way. Flicking his wrist, the duel disk unfolded itself and he waited for what his gut was telling him. "Time to call the pack"

The shadowy man was unable to escape the Wolf's gaze as Taika made his way skillfully through the crowd. With reluctance, he stepped into the light, his creepy appearance parting the sea of onlookers. "If we do this, we do it elsewhere... Taika." At that, the man dashed away, weaving through the crowds like a snake in the grass, at one point even carelessly leaping over a stroller. When he came upon a building, he jumbed from window to window and scaled over it, hoping to escape his prey's vision for the time being. His maniacal laughter disappeared as he lept down the other side. Even though he was confident that he was hidden and safe, he unfolded his duel disk, preparing for a fight.

"I was just trying to be dramatic, but that was plain creepy" He said to himself as the man bounded away. The turmoil in the teenagers brain rages for the few split seconds it took him to make his choice. Should he follow the creepy stalker who knew his name for some reason? Or should he hold back, maybe go to the police and report the strange individual? For most people the choice would have been easy, but somehow, Taika knew this would lead to a duel and he wasn't one to pass up such an opportunity. The boy began to chase the man as fast as he could, skirting around the stroller with a chorus of apologies to the distraught mother many of them unheard as his sprint quickly took him away from her. Stopping, Taika turned on the spot several times trying to keep the man in his vision, a task he failed at until he saw a blur from the corner of his eyes, scaling a building effortlessly. Taika raised a hand to shield his eyes from the sun as he observed a low 'whoah' escaping his lips until the man was gone. 

A few people mingling around the area had also seen, phones held out to take pictures of the strange happenings and other carried on with their businesses, unfazed by the events. Taika headed around the building, his lips pressing together to whistle three notes "Heeeere creepy crazy" he repeated after each whistle all the while his brain trying as hard as it might to convince him that this was a mistake and a huge one at that "Heeeere creepy crazy" 

"Aw, what's the matter?" Came a different voice from behind Taika. "Did you lose your NPC? You might've caugth him if you'd held down the B button!" The voice belonged to a short, bespectacled japanese youth with long black hair tied into a ponytail. He was wearing some God-awful cosplay of a generic knight in armor, complete with a Sword-and-Shield custom duel-disk. Beside him was a blonde girl wearing a costume meant to depict, of all things, the mother of dragons from a popular television drama. She had red yes and did not speak. "I'm about to Level up," said the knight as he activated his disk, "and you look like just enough XP!" The dragon, cosplayer tapped his shoulder, indicating that she also would like to battle.

"Very well, Draena. Chose one of us, knave, and we shall strike you down as the many that have fallen before you!" At the final word, he raised the duel disk intothe air, and a panel from his leg armor fell off with an audible clatter.

The stalking duelist had gotten away, offering no inkling of his intentions.

The voice made Taika turn with his duel disk up, his heart thumping against his chest. His quarry had placed Taika on the back foot, his nerves raging. What he saw was not the stalker he'd been pursuing but rather a male and female, both dressed in costume. The male spoke in a way that Taika could relate, maybe not to the extent that the boy seemed to embrace gaming, but Taika certainly had a fondness for the games. It took a few seconds for the boys heart to slow and nerves switch to adrenaline and excitement as he finally understood what the two wanted from him. 

As his disk was all ready unfolded, Taika raised it in front of him and looked the boy directly in the eyes. "I'm not one to deny someone a level, so lets go Sir Lancelot. But I'm a boss, so bring your best!" His eye narrowed, feet braced themselves on the ground and he drew his starting cards "You got the jump on me, so I'll let you start"

Archived