Kyuriboh [Written]

CuriousHeartless

A random idea I got. Kyu means 9. Sadly it isn't the ninth kuroboh.

Kyuriboh

DARK

Level 9

Fiend/Effect

(This card is always treated as a "Kuriboh" monster)

The level of this card on the field and in the hand is reduced by the total level of other face-up monsters you control (min 1). When an opponent's monster attacks you, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned by this effect, activate the following effect based on its level.

9: Banish the attacking monster; You gain LP equal to its ATK.

6-8: Destroy the attacking monster.

3-5: Change the attacking monster to Defense Position, and if you do, that monster can't change its battle position until the end of it's controller's next turn.

1-2: You take no battle damage from battles involving that attacking monster this turn.

900 ATK/900 DEF

I suggest you make it only the face-up monsters on field other than Kyuriboh. First of all, you normally have no idea what your opponent has in their hand or Set on their field. Second of all, how does your opponent know you're being honest about the monsters in your hand? Third of all, Kyuriboh would be in your hand or field itself, thus reducing its Level as much as possible already if you keep the effect as it is currently.

Overall, I like the idea. Other than what I said before, my only thought to improve it is if you add a clause like this:

(This card is always treated as a "Kuriboh" monster.)

That way, it gets the benefits of the "Kuriboh" support (even if there isn't much).

Archived