Vision HERO Witch Raider

witchraid.jpg?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1

V・HEROウィッチ・レイド Vision HERO Witch Raid (Vision HERO Witch Raider)
Dark Warrior / Effect
LV8 2700/1900
You can Tribute Trap Cards for the Normal Summon of this card in face-up Attack Position.
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except “HERO” monsters.

Imperial Order, Skill Drain, ASF, Macro, and Vanity come to mind

Rather than floodgates, better to play Traps that float to trigger them with this, IMO. Note that it's not bound to Tributing Continuous Traps, so it can trigger floating Traps that True Dracos cannot.

inb4 teching True Dracos to take advantage of their Traps, and eventually a True Draco/Master Peace HERO variant is born xD

Peace HEROes, anyone?

Rather than floodgates, better to play Traps that float to trigger them with this, IMO. Note that it's not bound to Tributing Continuous Traps, so it can trigger floating Traps that True Dracos cannot.

inb4 teching True Dracos to take advantage of their Traps, and eventually a True Draco/Master Peace HERO variant is born xD

Peace HEROes, anyone?

Normal Stratos, Search, pop? Or pop Mist in hand? Could work

We can also pop S/T like Future Fusion though :)

DD Heroes might work given Voltic is a card

if anything this is what Vision HERO should have be (the reverse version of it...but still can be tied in with the original manga mechanic) so yeah there hopes that they will release the rest oh V HERO that act like reverse Trap Monster as well

Normal Stratos, Search, pop? Or pop Mist in hand? Could work

We can also pop S/T like Future Fusion though :)

DD Heroes might work given Voltic is a card

Uh, IDK about Voltic because its activation condition is too awkward and situational for current metas.

Is it possible that this could tribute FD cards? I know rules for stuff like this can be weird, but I can't help but notice it doesn't specify face up only.

If it can, it could actually be used in Paleozoic, or something along those lines. Also note you could technically just tribute two monsters for the summon.

Unfortunately, even then it is a little underwhelming. 27 isn't a terribly impressive body, it requires use of the normal summon, and a duster isn't the most amazing effect. Compounded with its clause preventing use of non hero monsters for the turn, it seems that even at its best, the card isn't too good.

Is it possible that this could tribute FD cards? I know rules for stuff like this can be weird, but I can't help but notice it doesn't specify face up only.

If it can, it could actually be used in Paleozoic, or something along those lines. Also note you could technically just tribute two monsters for the summon.

Unfortunately, even then it is a little underwhelming. 27 isn't a terribly impressive body, it requires use of the normal summon, and a duster isn't the most amazing effect. Compounded with its clause preventing use of non hero monsters for the turn, it seems that even at its best, the card isn't too good.

AFAIK it should be able to if True Dracos can use face-down Continuous Spell/Traps as Tribute.

And I agree, the card on its own isn't too great; that's why IMO the key is using it as an enabler of floater Traps that can lead to a stronger punch.

This is giving me even more hope for the level 4 Masked HERO monsters to be released....

As for the monster itself, it does seem like a Tribute Summoned version of Acid with the use of tributing Traps, so it gives me that sort of Uria vibe with that, but that's all. Other than that, I'm not seeing much of anything else that needs to be said. However the "SS only HERO monsters" when the effect is activated does sort of limit a person if they aren't using a lot of HEROs.

Not much of else needs to be said, unfortunately. Unlike Vyon, it doesn't technically do much. For myself, if I wanted to blow up an opponent's S/Ts, I would go for my AZ to Acid combo and just wipe the field itself...so much easier.

Escalation of the Monarchs + this is pretty cheeky (considering Escalation itself pays for half the cost), but yeah, there are easier ways to pull off a duster in HEROs.

Question: bad combo aside, could you, say, activate Good Goblin Housekeeping and chain Escalation to it sending both to the Graveyard and have GGH resolve while in the Graveyard? I guess what I'm asking is if you have another trap that you activate, could you use it as tribute cost if you chain Escalation to it?

Escalation of the Monarchs + this is pretty cheeky (considering Escalation itself pays for half the cost), but yeah, there are easier ways to pull off a duster in HEROs.

Question: bad combo aside, could you, say, activate Good Goblin Housekeeping and chain Escalation to it sending both to the Graveyard and have GGH resolve while in the Graveyard? I guess what I'm asking is if you have another trap that you activate, could you use it as tribute cost if you chain Escalation to it?

Was gonna post Escalation of the Monarchs

Both kinda glad and a little miffed someone got there first

Also that sounds like it should work, which is pretty hilarious,

Xenophobia always makes me a little mad because it kills meems, but on the bright side this card manages to rise past that and have meems anyways (RIP using it with Paleos or True Monarch tho).

Also for the record, True Dracos can use face-down Cont S/Ts, if that's any indication of whether or not this card can use face-down Traps.

Which means it can trigger Abyss-Scorn??? And other pre-Artifact-trigger Traps that I don't remember.

Archived