Priestess Before the Fall

The Nyx Avatar

For this card, my intent was to make a generic Synchro Pendulum monster. And perhaps an Extra Deck option to deal with DARK monsters. The ATK increase effect so it wouldn't be run over as easily, but making it a choice so your opponent is still capable of removing this. The second monster effect and Pendulum effect are optional, and I'd be more open to change those.

euZI6FN.png

LIGHT

Level 7

Warrior/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect

ATK:2400

DEF:1000
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent activates a Spell Card: You can pay 1000 Life Points; negate the activation, and if you do, banish that card.

Monster Effect:During either player's turn, if your opponent would activate the effect of a DARK monster: You can pay 1000 Life Points; negate the effect, and if do, banish the card. You can discard 1 card; increase this card's ATK by 500. You can only activate 1 of these effects of "Priestess Before the Fall" once per turn. If this card in your Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

I don't like how it goes to hate on DARKs, as if they didn't have antagonists already in Constellarknight Diamond, the Wyrm-Type one xD

I don't feel it's fair for that reason but eh, that's kinda nitpicky due to my preference for Shaddoll and other DARK monsters. Besides, it makes the card good vs. DARKs but meh against everything else; even while the Pendulum effect is good, you still have to destroy this card to enable it, and that either relies on your own destruction effects or your opponent, and I don't think spending into a Synchro7 just to destroy it yourself for the Spell negation would be a feasible combo.

Also, reminder that destruction as cost isn't a thing, but instead should be written as part of the effect.

I don't like how it goes to hate on DARKs, as if they didn't have antagonists already in Constellarknight Diamond, the Wyrm-Type one xD

I don't feel it's fair for that reason but eh, that's kinda nitpicky due to my preference for Shaddoll and other DARK monsters. Besides, it makes the card good vs. DARKs but meh against everything else; even while the Pendulum effect is good, you still have to destroy this card to enable it, and that either relies on your own destruction effects or your opponent, and I don't think spending into a Synchro7 just to destroy it yourself for the Spell negation would be a feasible combo.

Also, reminder that destruction as cost isn't a thing, but instead should be written as part of the effect.

Alight. Raised the ATK increase effect from 300 to 500, and changed the cost for the Pendulum effect.

Archived