Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

lmHWTAK.png

"Oh hey, Asuka! You came to check up on him too?! Or was I...interrupting?"

"Just making a regular visit to make sure he's okay," Asuka confirmed. "You're not really interrupting anything."

"You seem to be doing alright. From that last attack, I thought you were totally murderized! But here you are completely conscious. I must've gotten the wrong idea about you, cause you're pretty tough!"

"Yeah... I did better than I thought I would! Next time, I'll do better... Thank you."

"Even if you lost, you surprised us with how well you did against that attack. Good job, Kobayashi."

h1v7t2f.png

"Forgive an old man, but I'm not too familiar with the superhero culture. What is the Support Class? Is that where they train those... oh, what are they called...? Sidekicks! That's it."

What? No.

Sayuri was about to explain what the Support Class actually was, but it seemed both Ichiro and this mysterious and rather bitter support student were already on it. Which was fine. It would be faster for them to just explain than for Sayuri to have to sign the whole thing out. It seemed the latter was here to study up on the 1-A students. Specifically, she was supposed to make stuff for Ichiro, Asuka, and Gin. She wasn't a support student herself, but Sayuri had to admit, even if she was, Ichiro seemed like a lost cause. His Quirk was too self-destructive to be used in prolonged fights, so creating devices to help him out was tricky. She tried getting into the support mindset for a bit, looking over both Ichiro and the mystery girl.

...I'm not cut out for the support class.

With a vaguely defeated shrug, Sayuri looked down at the fight. 1-B was really going at it. The fight was already just starting, but she could tell this would be something to pay attention to.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

She dodged his first attack, as expected.  Valerie was exceptionally fit, even among the U.A. students.  But, she was just headstrong...she wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch.  That's where he had her outclassed.  The heat was beginning to reach him, as Valerie approached with quickness.  The faint mirage like image that one would see rise from asphalt on a hot summer's day was starting to obscure her presence slightly.  However, it wouldn't be enough to deter him.  He took a deep breath in.  With the same stance, he flung his head back and towards the left.  This stopped his jab mid flight, as it was still travelling past Valerie, and retracted it back at double the pace.  He then twisted himself in a way that would send a wave through his arm, enough to hook Valerie in the back of the neck.  

She looked at him as if she knew that's what he was going to do, and smiled.  She dodged under the arm as it was sent careening to the side.  The momentum was enough to pick Goto off his feet for a moment, but he was able to bring his fist back.  Although, it didn't just stop at where it had come from, rather it flew behind Goto with the same speed as it was launched.  This time, Goto reared his head forward, and shot his left shoulder out again to drag the fist back, and out, this time at double the speed, and aimed it towards Valerie's stomach.  As the fist flew, he started winding up his other arm, rotating it faster and faster, letting the arm bend unnaturally.  At one point during this rotation, Goto grabbed his wrist with the same hand, and threw it back behind him. 

"Yeah."  Goto replied, stone cold, to Val's demand from earlier. 

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Yeah... I did better than I thought I would! Next time, I'll do better... Thank you."

"Even if you lost, you surprised us with how well you did against that attack. Good job, Kobayashi."

Ino giggled as Isami yawned.  

"Geez.  Just don't get too lazy and you might have a chance!"  Ino now turned her attention towards the television in the room, which was now broadcasting the next match.  Ino remembered the two.  One had knocked out Creed...the other had knocked out,  "Say?  Isn't that the girl who beat you Asuka?  What was her Quirk again?"  Ino asked, rubbing her arm.  She hoped her big mouth wasn't enough to open a relatively fresh wound.  "Looks like 1-B is going to fight each other.  It's pretty amazing that no one had to up until this point...I wonder how they feel?"  She said.  On the other hand, it seemed like 1-A was fighting each other this whole time...where there any hard feelings among the group?  The sentiment made her stomach rumble.  Her mind wandered to Terro.  Was she mad at him?  She wasn't sure.  

Valerie smirked as the second attack missed her. She knew enough about rubber bands to know that they snapped back when pulled in any one direction. Goto was a tricky opponent. He had so many different ways to move. Valerie might not be the smartest of the class but she was pretty proud of her combat awareness.

The next attack that came at her was fast. She could try and dodge it but...then she'd be stuck in a loop of avoiding his attacks. Instead she stopped and braced herself. Tightening the muscles in her abdomen and breathing out for when the fist hit her. The punch landed, and hurt more than a normal one, but her actions would cause the blow to not be as devastating as it usually would be. Which was all Valerie needed as she grabbed onto Goto's fist.

Goto responded by reeling the arm, with Valerie holding onto his fist, back. Valerie lifted his legs up, letting them go behind her, which let her be dragged back swiftly.

As she got nearer she let go of Goto's fist. With the momentum built up she continued to sail forward. She stuck her arm out with the intent to clothesline her classmate. Not aiming for his neck or head, which would be too easy for Goto to stretch, but for his chest instead.

She saw his other fist being primed but she was counting on the speed at which she was soaring to win out. If not...well, she just needed to keep close to the rubber man. Even Goto wouldn't be able to keep up the pace in the center of her quirk.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"You're no help either. I get sent out here, get assigned three Hero Course students to brainstorm on for my homework, you and Kurosawa don't even make it past round one and Otama's a braying jackass. Figures you're just one of them jackasses that hits things... The feck I do with tha'? Whip you up a pair of these for you to shatter yer damn hands in?"

Ichiro clenched his one fist when this young girl said this, as most of the others kept talking. Finally, he sighed greatly, deciding to make some sort of conversation with them and to try rectify somethings to the best of his ability. "I...I don't know who you are exactly..." he spoke, before looking over at her now. "But you don't know anything about any of us. ...Asuka and me...well, we didn't make it past round one, yeah."

He glanced over at the bout between Goto and Valerie. "But...if you saw something...we gave it our all. All of us did." Ichiro looked back over at the young girl and then down to his arm in the sling. "Some did a bit more than we liked...but either way, we fought our hardest. ...and yeah, I punch things...but from what Omega Star said, its much more. And it's something I still have to learn to control."

Ichiro let out another sigh, before shaking his head some. "Either way...if you want some actual help with your homework...m-maybe talk to Asuka. She's a lot more knowledgeable to help out...cause like you said..." he paused, motioning at his arm in the sling. "All I am...is a jackass who hits things."

All the while, Rei listened to his brother speak, almost sounding defeated in his tone. He let out a small sigh and glanced at Goutetsu. "Believe me...I don't think Terro is the only one who's being hard on himself today..." he whispered.

""Yeah. . . It was ruled by technicality and there was nothing I could do. . . I know, it's dumb, but I couldn't do anything about it. Anyways, we'll talk later tonight if you are up to it, I want to watch the rest of the tournament. . . Okay. . . Okay, talk you later mom. . . ok, love you too, bye.""

Out by a technicality, dumb just like that one competition I did a few years ago. Aaron sighed in disappointment just thinking about how it could've gone better, but what done is done. Aaron wasn't beat up as much he thought he was, just a few bruises here and there and no sign of broken bones or fractures, just sore body. Since he was out, there was no use to keep on his suit all day, unless he was needing to keep it on, which he wasn't informed about it. Aaron changed into his regular everyday clothes, sporting a lightweight black jacket, a white T-shirt with a charging battery logo on the front, and blue-worn jeans. Hooking on his mp3 player, he made his way to the stands where his classmates are.

On his way up, he picked up a water bottle and some candy before making it back to refresh himself while he watched. As he approached the stands, he could see that the match between Goto and Val were still on their way. He could also see where his class was and noticed Mike wasn't in the stands yet and a few other classmates were gone as well, there were plenty of seats to go around. Some of Class- 1-B was there and few others that Aaron didn't recognize, but Aaron locked his sights on a corner seat up against a wall. Besides, now this was perfect opportunity to maybe mingle more with his class and 1-B, if they are willing to talk anyways.

Hadley's eyes were glued to Ichiro as he spoke, imperiously looking down at him from her seat. Her expression remained fierce, brow furrowed throughout. After Ichiro finished, she looked back to the fight, taking a deep breath.

"I know all I need to know about you. Hero course and everything." Her explanation sounded tired, annoyed. But there was a note of something else in there. Something that wasn't irritation, something softer. "Seen you fight, haven't I? You're where you are cause you got the luck of the draw on a Quirk that UA thought was useful. Half the people who have fought today could because they knew how to punch a stupid robot." Her scowl renewed, but she still didn't turn her gaze back to Ichiro. Her eyes were locked on the fighting below them.

"Even you're in here, and you can't be in a fight without breakin' yer' damn arms, what I hear. Guess UA doesn't mind if you destroy yourself, as if I didn't already know they don't give half a shite 'bout any of us." Her voice's softness was transitioning into bitterness now, but her face was switching the other way. Her eyes were distorted by the water that was building up in them. "Want RESULTS, don't they? You don't matter, if you get to save everyone else... That what 'Rise above, Max Omega' means to you, is it?" she asked, voice breaking as she whipped her head back around, her glare renewed. As she did, the water in her eyes broke, two tears rolling down her face. 

She seemed to catch herself just before the tirade truly started, clearly surprised as she reached up to rub at her face with her sleeve, suddenly unwilling to meet Ichiro's eyes, or Sayuri's. "Well, I guess you at least KNOW you're just a jackass that hits things... Means ya might be able to do somethin' bout the jackass bit," she acquiesced, sounding tired. She sat back in her chair, looking back down to the fight. 

"It's Hadley, by the way," she mentioned, almost like an afterthought. "Tha's who I am. Among other things." 

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

His fist had landed square where he threw it, but he could feel all of Valerie's muscles on the other end of his fist.  She was ready for it, and she caught it with ease.  He couldn't help but have the corner of his mouth start to grin.  He threw his shoulder back to reel in his elongated arm, to try and free it from Val's grasp.  However, she had jumped off the ground to allow the retraction of his arm turn to forward momentum for her.  He could see the clothesline coming from a mile away, as he started to twist his torso around unnaturally.  He gave his arm a little slack, not entirely retracting his arm as to keep Valerie away from him.  The entire middle portion of his body contorted and rotated, looking like the centerpiece of a mary-go-round.  

He would swing Valerie around in circles, as the centrifugal force would make her fly out towards the perimeter of the circle Goto was spinning in.  When he began to feel his midsection tighten to the extreme, he would spin the opposite way.  With her slipping towards the outside of the circle, her quirk wouldn't be as nearly as effective.  Although, he could feel the heat on his arm start to increase, but the breeze he was drafting was counterbalancing that!

"I guess I'll call this the Val-Go-Round!"  Goto shouted.  

"I guess I'll call this the Val-Go-Round!"

She was so close to being impressed. Then that happened. "You...are....better...at....not talking." Valerie said as she spun around and around. It was a rather dizzying experience. She was glad she hadn't stuffed herself before doing this. Hurling on the battlefield wouldn't be impressive in the least.

However she couldn't help but grin as she realized the breeze that Goto was creating. Just like with a fan in a too-hot-room the breeze he was generating would feel good. However all it really did was increase the circulation of hot air around him. Only making the heat exhaustion come faster.

He was only cutting down the time he had left to continue fighting.

Though she knew she had to get off this wild ride soon anyway. So she pushed off and let go of the fist that was connecting her to Goto.

As soon as she let go, Goto's right arm would shoot itself out exactly like his jab from before.  However, this time, a loop formed at the end of the arm, wide enough to encircle Valerie.  Once the loop hovered around her, Goto would synch it shut, as he moved his shoulder in a way that would send a large wave-like ripple down his arm.  With Valerie ensnared, when the ripple ended, she would be plunged towards the ground at high speeds.

She hit the ground. Hard. And winced as her body took the damage. With a laugh she got back to her feet. It hurt but it didn't matter. This wasn't over yet and she couldn't give Goto a chance to attack again. Whatever damage was done to her body didn't matter as long as she won. You can't be the best by letting an injury stop you. "You're not gonna outlast me, Goto!" She called out.

The heat coming from Valerie intensified as she took off towards the right, angling towards the young man. The moment he launched an attack she would adjust her path and slide under it before taking off in the other direction. She would keep switching directions while heading towards her classmate. His attacks could only go in so many directions. If she kept this up she'd be able to catch an opening. She just needed to land one good hit. Her heat could take care of the rest.

s06t3UC.png

"Even if you lost, you surprised us with how well you did against that attack. Good job, Kobayashi." Isami nodded, giving the girl a thumbs up with as little movement as possible. She was right, even he was surprised with how he had done, especially after seeing how crazy Akira's quirk was.

"Geez.  Just don't get too lazy and you might have a chance!" Isami chuckled, turning to the television in the room. "Looks like 1-B is going to fight each other.  It's pretty amazing that no one had to up until this point... I wonder how they feel?"

"I'm sure they're fine." Isami said, turning back to the clouds. "It's just a tournament, after all, to help us improve and even understand each other better. I feel like I know Akira better already..." The last sentence he said more so to himself as his mind started to wander into the clouds he was staring at.

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Akira watched silently as Ino tried but failed to maintain her composure. His own knowledge of the Kashyyyk incident was, quite honestly, lacking. As far as he had known, the class had gone to the run-down district, and done some training before a small group of villains arrived. The three heroes in attendance protected the class until reinforcements arrived, but even so, the battle resulted in the loss of Dr. Atomic's life, a grievous injury to their homeroom teacher, Suna, and the mysterious disappearance of a local hero by the name of Double Dragon. But Ino was now telling him something new. She told him how the students themselves fought to protect each other. None of the class had yet received provisional licenses, so this fighting would by all means be illegal, but it seemed that it had been forgiven, due to the context under which it occurred. And yet...  Akira's expression did not give anything away of his inner thoughts, as Ino stood before him, trembling. How could they stand a chance against full-fledged villains? Hardly any of them showed the sheer power, let alone the combat sense, to hold their own against someone who was capable of inflicting such injury on an experienced hero like Suna...

Akira felt himself snap back to reality as Ino offered for him to join her to visit Isami. He wasn't sure what to say. The attack he hit the snake-boy with was nothing remarkable. It was a fake version of his real Macross Buster, set up to look just as spectacular as the real thing, but with only an ounce of the power behind it. Though he planned to use the "ultimate attack" in this tournament, he knew that Isami was small-fry. So, instead of responding, he simply stared down at Ino, until she decided to depart on her own. He stood in place as he watched her walk away, putting on her brave face before she reached their classmate. "Sentiment like that is just a waste of effort..." he sighed to himself as he begrudgingly made his way back to the stands of the arena, pulling his hood up over his head and dragging his feet with each step. Looking down at the arena, he could see that the previous round had finished, and now the fight was between two students he didn't recognize. One seemed to be able to stretch his body at will, while the other wasn't physically displaying any quirk. Akira shrugged as he pulled his attention away, figuring the winner was clear. He would have to watch footage of how the previous fight finished when he had a chance, that one seemed to have been much more of a toss-up. Whoever had won that fight would be the next one Akira was to beat.

"You're where you are cause you got the luck of the draw on a Quirk that UA thought was useful. Half the people who have fought today could because they knew how to punch a stupid robot." It was the angry girl with the gloves, seemingly reacting to something the class cripple had said. Taking advantage of his own low physical presence, Akira quietly sat down behind her, listening to her rant with mild bemusement. Whatever her quirk was, it must have been embarrassingly awful. Considering just how low of a bar the rest of his class had set, for someone to not to have passed the physical exam whatsoever would be a depressing reflection of their own ability. This was a feeling that, for the most part, was alien to Akira. His quirk manifested at around four years old, the standard time, and from the very start it was clear how overwhelmingly powerful he was. Occasionally, he had felt like his life was missing something, as others charged headlong toward their goals, while he could accomplish nearly anything with minimal effort, but he had long since made his peace with that. He had never needed to worry about becoming stronger, as he had never seen anything he considered stronger than his own power. Not until... "It's Hadley, by the way. Tha's who I am. Among other things."

Leaning forward, Akira tapped her shoulder lightly. "That sounds foreign. I suppose it explains your butchering of the language. I believe you already know my name. I was going to go speak to the loose cannon down there, but something you mentioned caught my attention." Akira rose from his seat, moving slightly down the stairs so that he could stare Hadley in the face, his sunglasses failing to conceal his bored and unimpressed expression. "The entrance exam used robots? I never took an exam for this school, though they wanted me to take a special one for top-tier recommendations." He glanced idly at all the people watching the tournament, as if searching for and failing to find anything of interest. "Nah, I was specifically transferred here because of the strength of my quirk. But enough about me. What was so difficult about these robots that you couldn't beat them? Knowing who did get in, I find it difficult to believe they were anything particularly impressive."

lmHWTAK.png

"Geez.  Just don't get too lazy and you might have a chance!"

Ino then turned her attention to the television in the room. There was a fight going on between two of the 1-B students. Valerie being one of them, of course. Asuka still wasn't happy with how that fight went, but it was a good sign that she absolutely had to work on improving. If she couldn't even beat someone she'd never heard of, how was she supposed to beat someone with way more experience using the same Quirk as herself?

"Say?  Isn't that the girl who beat you Asuka?  What was her Quirk again?"

"Well..." Asuka didn't fully understand Valerie's Quirk. But she knew it wasn't something she was ready to fight. Not at all then, maybe a little bit more now, but it was something alright. "It gives you this hot sweaty feeling, like you're in a sauna. And... that's it, I think? I don't really understand it."

"Looks like 1-B is going to fight each other.  It's pretty amazing that no one had to up until this point... I wonder how they feel?"

"I'm sure they're fine. t's just a tournament, after all, to help us improve and even understand each other better. I feel like I know Akira better already..."

"Tomoaki is a little odd," Asuka couldn't help but comment. "His Quirk is super-powerful, but he doesn't seem to really try to do anything with it unless he's forced to. He can leave a bad impression really easily, like when we all first met him, but sometimes he can be really helpful. Like earlier, we were talking and it got me thinking about..."

Actually, it was probably better to keep that one a secret. Asuka stopped there.

"Nevermind."

h1v7t2f.png

"I...I don't know who you are exactly... But you don't know anything about any of us. ...Asuka and me...well, we didn't make it past round one, yeah. But...if you saw something...we gave it our all. All of us did. Some did a bit more than we liked...but either way, we fought our hardest. ...and yeah, I punch things...but from what Omega Star said, its much more. And it's something I still have to learn to control. Either way...if you want some actual help with your homework...m-maybe talk to Asuka. She's a lot more knowledgeable to help out...cause like you said... All I am...is a jackass who hits things."

"Not to mention you only ever manage to get one good hit in before breaking your arm. You've got four hits in a best case scenario if you don't mind living in a wheelchair for a while."

"Well, I guess you at least KNOW you're just a jackass that hits things... Means ya might be able to do somethin' bout the jackass bit. It's Hadley, by the way. Tha's who I am. Among other things."

"Sayuri. And you already know Ichiro. Or you know of him at least." Come to think of it, wasn't Sayuri's speech device made by the support class? Could it be that Hadley had made it? Sayuri pointed at the device on her arm briefly, before asking "Did you make this by any chance? If not, do you know who did?"

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

Goto watched the girl get up from his rather ruthless attack, surprised that the girl hadn't sustained any minor breaks to any parts of her body.  Surely, that move was supposed to be the end...maybe he should have taken the merciful route and flung her out of the ring.  No...a technical knockout wasn't what Valerie deserved.  But neither was what he had planned...it was the dilemma of wanting to put on a good showing of 1-B's abilities, or losing the match.    

"You're not gonna outlast me, Goto!" 

Goto couldn't help but laugh at the statement.  

"Sure."  He said, panting.  He was sweating a bit more than previously, but he pointed a thumb at his chest and smiled.  "Your quirks got a pretty good work-a-round though.  I drank enough water before this match to give me a little extra time.  I'll last longer than you think."  The girl started to approach him, but Goto merely started to bound away from the girl's advance, making sure to keep his distance from Valerie's center.  The air on the outskirts of her quirk would definitely be the safest area to keep to in this fight.  His legs elongated, as he made giant strides towards the opposite of the ring of Valerie.  "Like I was even gonna let you near me."  He said with a somber smile.  As soon as he made his retreat, the elongated leg he made zipped back to him.  He couldn't touch her...she was too hot to touch now...but if he were the one to outlast her, this would be a simple match.  He could hear the crowd start to boo, and call him a coward, but he was here to win...to prove 1-B had more to show in all of this.  

Val's quirk was a double edged sword.  She was at the center of the very own heat she created...she was the one taking the harshest punishment from it.  If she couldn't even get near him, then she would surely be knocked out by her own powers, before she could even touch him.  

"I wanted this to be quick...but I'm not taking the risk again."  Goto shouted from across the ring.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Tomoaki is a little odd.  His Quirk is super-powerful, but he doesn't seem to really try to do anything with it unless he's forced to. He can leave a bad impression really easily, like when we all first met him, but sometimes he can be really helpful. Like earlier, we were talking and it got me thinking about..."

Ino got closer upon hearing that Asuka was getting advice from a guy like Akira.  

"Nevermind."

Ino rolled her eyes, and put her hands on Asuka's shoulders.  She was vibrating, giving off a hint of curiosity.  

"No!  Not 'ne-ver-mind'!  Give me the details!  I wanna know!  Are you crushing on him already?!"  Ino looked to Isami and glared.  "Close your ear holes Isami!  Can't you see this is girl talk?!"  

So it was gonna be like that? Valerie wiped at her brow as she slowed down her mad dash. He was going to try and wait her out was he? As it stood, with her heat not extending across the entire field, it could be possible. The effects of her Quirk would take hold if she kept pressing on like this.

Her hand brushed the top part of her outfit, thinking of the device inside...but no, that was her last resort. She would just have to take it up a notch on her own.

"You know, maybe at the start of the year that'd work. But that's not me anymore. I was the best from the start but I've gotten even better since! My Quirk's pretty hard to handle you know. When I really get worked up I gotta focus to keep it from going wild." She grinned wolfishly at Goto. "But maybe I can let loose a little bit, just for you."

In Valerie's mind it was like a safe, with several locks. She reached out and turned the key in one of the locks, just the one, and released some of the energy she had stored up from this fight.

The range of the heat suddenly expanded, stretching out to cover the field in its entirety. Those in the stands would be able to see the distortion caused by the heat waves from where they sat, though they couldn't feel the heat themselves. She could physically feel the heat leaving her body but she made sure to keep the rest of the locks shut tight. It was tough releasing even a little of the floodgate but she wasn't about to lose because she held back. "C'mon man, no one wants to watch you dance around. You're gonna have to try and take me down soon cause I know my endurance is better than yours!" Valerie crouched down with one hand touching the ground, in a runner stance, ready to move the moment that Goto reacted.

s06t3UC.png

Isami's mind was set on the clouds above, the conversation going on between the two girls in the room was mostly a blur, although he knew that they were talking about someone in their class. His body was starting to feel better, he noted, shifting his attention from the clouds to his arms. He was able to move them with only slight irritation rather than the pain he felt before. Just then...

"Close your ear holes Isami!  Can't you see this is girl talk?!" Isami's attention was snapped back to the room, turning to catch Ino's glare. 

"A-Ah! Sorry!" Isami said, bringing his arms to his ears. He wasn't sure what else he was suppose to do, it wasn't like he could leave the room in his condition. Isami shrugged, keeping his hands over his ears. His eyes shifted from Ino's eyes to the television, which was still broadcasting the current fight. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on in the fight, although it seemed like the boy was dead set on avoiding the girl. He tilted his head as he watched on, before turning to the ceiling, unsure as to what to do now. He had expended all entertainment he could get from what little clouds there were; after all, the sky was pretty clear today. He sighed, letting out another yawn and turning back to the ceiling. Maybe he'd try and get up soon.

lmHWTAK.png

"No!  Not 'ne-ver-mind'!  Give me the details!  I wanna know!  Are you crushing on him already?!"

"Crushing?" The exact meaning of Ino's words, at least in that moment, went over Asuka's head. A result of still lingering on how she'd been crushed in her tournament battle, and the way Akira had been steamrolling his competition thus far. It was because of this that the words from Asuka's mouth were as follows. "It would be more like the other way around, really."

Maybe that came out wrong? If we were in a fight, his Quirk outclasses mine greatly unless I can work out some way to improve. Move forward. That kind of thing. Better clear that up in case Ino misunderstands.

"Er, what I mean is, we were talking for a bit earlier, about moving forward. He's really impressive; pretty far out of my league. So, coming from him, that conversation was kind of inspiring in a way." Asuka nodded to herself. Inspiring. That was the word she wanted. It got her thinking about her Quirk, perhaps new ways to use it, not to mention curious about the limits of Akira's Quirk. There was something he almost told her before stopping, and now that she was thinking about it again, her curiosity was coming up again.

"There's still a few things I don't really understand about him though... oh well. Maybe it's for the better?" Probably not. If I'm going to be so outclassed by someone I don't fully understand though, at least it's Tomoaki. "At least it isn't someone like Gin or Creed," she muttered, not fully aware that she'd said it out loud.

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

"But maybe I can let loose a little bit, just for you."

Goto raised an eyebrow at the sentence, when a wave of heat rushed over him.  By the sound of it, the crowd was getting hit by some of the effects as well.  On the sidelines, Mako was guzzling down dozens of water bottles, alongside having a misty fan blowing wet water from behind him.  Suna reluctantly motioned for a bottle from Mako, which he received.  

"You have to deal with this chick on the daily?"  Suna questioned.  

"Yeah...but she usually keeps this heat contained to just around her.  She's really letting loose for this fight.  I just wish she could keep it in the arena.  I'm dyin' over here!"  Mako said, loosening his tie and unbuttoning the top buttons of his shirt.  

"It really can't be helped at this point, huh?"  Suna said, sighing as he took off his top, and basking in the water spraying fan.  

Goto started to wheeze, and his head was starting to pound.  If he stayed in this heat for much longer, Val would win just like she had against the last opponent she faced.  

"C'mon man, no one wants to watch you dance around. You're gonna have to try and take me down soon cause I know my endurance is better than yours!"

"Now you're just hurting my feelings."  Goto said with a sigh.  "I'm gonna dance around, because it's the only way I think I can beat you, Val."  His legs started to stretch, hoisting him high into the air.  His finger pointed down at her.  "This is my own way of going Max Omega.  If I can outlast the heat, you're just gonna crash and burn."  She was going to do that anyway...her quirk had been going since earlier...he felt it when they last talked together...that heat...she had kept it going through the rounds as to not have to expend energy later...but that probably wasn't going to be good in the long run.  Goto continued to rise high into the air, but the rest of his body was starting to recede into itself.  "You're not going to win if you keep that up...you're just holding the chances of 1-B winning this whole thing back!"  His hands had now reached his shoulder, and his torso had shrunk so that his neck and his hips were almost touching.  It was painful...he could feel his stretched organs start to rub the wrong way.  However, this was a negative to his rather strong quirk.  But now, he was high up into the air, far enough to where the heat wouldn't reach the vital organs of his body.  The air was rather cool as well.  His legs started to wobble, as he was trying to maintain his balance.  He wouldn't bother trying to talk now...he was too high up for her to hear by now.  "This is my final dance move!"  He shouted from the sky.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Crushing?  It would be more like the other way around, really."

AKIRA WAS CRUSHING ON ASUKA!?  Ino began to vibrate in place, giddily.  

"Er, what I mean is, we were talking for a bit earlier, about moving forward. He's really impressive; pretty far out of my league. So, coming from him, that conversation was kind of inspiring in a way." 

"Wow!  I didn't know someone like you could see something in someone like that.  Opposites must attract!  I'm kinda jealous, even if it is Akira!!!!!!"  Ino began to shake Asuka's hands up and down.  "But no one's outta your league, Asuka!  You're the best!  You can take him out any day!  All you have to do is ask!" 

"There's still a few things I don't really understand about him though... oh well. Maybe it's for the better?  At least it isn't someone like Gin or Creed."

"Oh definitely!  I'd choose Akira over those two any day!  Maybe you should get to know him better!  After all, if you think he's crushing you, you gotta ask him why, right?"  Ino's rumbling had peaked, and it started to shake Isami's bed as well.  "Ahhhh!  We gotta go pick out clothes for when you ask him!  OH!  And don't forget the sunglasses!  He'll probably think you'd look great in them!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"Just knock her unconscious already Stretch..."  Gin said, gripping at the neck of his gym uniform, trying in vain to cool himself off.  "This chick's quirk is really starting to piss me off."  Gin looked to Erica, who was lightly sweating.  He didn't care about her opinion on the fight, but he knew she was going to share.  He waited, but saw the girl look on rather somberly.  

"They're both my friend...and I just want both of them to go to the next round."

"Yeah...you wouldn't have to worry about them fighting each other then.  I could mess them both up at the same time with one hand tied behind my back."  Gin grinned smugly, but Erika didn't seem to notice.  "HEY!  Aren't you gonna say somethin'?!"  

Erika, instead, gripped her hands together.  

"I don't know how much more I can bare to watch."  

"You would've had to do it too, you freakin' loser.  Sooner or later.  Just be glad I knocked you out so you didn't have to 'fight your friends.  BOOHOO!"  Gin looked over to the girl, who was starting to swell up with tears.  

"Thanks..."  She said quietly.  

"SHUT UP!"  Gin barked.  "I DIDN'T MEAN LITERALLY YOU IDIOT!"  

Mike

What happened at the end of the match was just a blur as medical staff rushed Mike off the arena floor. The next he could remember was waking up on the medical bed with Nurse Neko looking over his charts.

"I had a feeling I'd be seeing you again after your performance in the entrance exams," Neko said as Mike woke up. "That quirk of your's saps you dry faster than anyone I've seen." Mike groaned as his experience in the entrance exams came flooding back to mind. He had hoped that everyone had forgotten, and was thankful that Ichiro's own physical emergency had overshadowed Mike passing out near the end of the exam. "Still, it's impressive how you could use your quirk while paralyzed like that."

Mike lifted his arm tentatively and breathed a sigh of relief when he could do so with no pain. "Will I be good for the next round?"

Nurse Neko sighed. "Yes, I suppose. But try to take it easy; you're not going to win when you're passed out from exhaustion anyways."

Mike nodded, and looked up at a TV-set in the corner of the room as the previous round reached its conclusion with the brackets displayed once more. His eyes rested on the name of his next opponent, Akira, and lingered on Nurse Neko's words for a moment as he remembered how Akira's previous round had just gone. "Yeah, I'll try," Mike said, not sure how truthful he was being.

"You're not going to win if you keep that up...you're just holding the chances of 1-B winning this whole thing back!"

Valerie narrowed his eyes at the boy. He must have figured out how it works. Not that it matters much. She couldn't change her course now if she tried. As it was all she could do was keep going like this until she crashed or won. "It's all or nothing, Goto, and I won't settle for anything but the best!" She called out towards him.

She watched him stretch higher and higher, noticing how his body contorted with said stretching. "We could've had a cool fight! But if you're gonna be like that I gotta fight fire with fire." She wasn't that stupid. If she just stood around he would eventually outlast her, even if it took a while, and this would go down as the most boring of matches.

Valerie ran towards the rubber man. He was literally stretching himself thin at this point. Which meant the only target to attack...

She crouched down as she got closer and reached forward to grab him by the foot. With a tug she pulled said foot up in an effort to off-balance Goto. Unfortunately it seemed that her classmate had perfect balance even like this so, on the fly, Valerie had to think of a follow-up.

Which, as it turned out, was to dash for the edge of the field while holding onto Goto's foot. If he wasn't gonna give her a head to head fight then she'd win using her brain. All she had to do was get his foot out of bounds...and he would know if he didn't stop her it'd be over.

Goto, reacting the moment she headed for the edge, decided to retract his legs. With Valerie in tow.

The girl clung onto his foot as she soared through the air, letting out an excited woop as she did. It was kind of like an amusement park ride!

As she neared the boy's body she readied herself and, once Goto was back to his, relatively, normal body she grabbed him

One arm around his waist and the other at the base of his neck she gripped down on his body, intent on not losing her hold now that he was this close to her and the heat she was pumping out.

While falling to the ground the two both attempted to position themselves so that they'd be on top when they land. Goto wrapped one of his legs around Valerie while she dug her hands into his rubbery flesh and used as much strength as she could muster to keep the boy from maneuvering himself above her.

Which resulted in them both landing on their side onto the ground. Valerie clenched her teeth to avoid letting out a pained gasp as her body hit. Yet still she held on. "You know..." She said. "I you wanted to get closer to me you just had to ask." She grinned at the boy as their faces were mere inches apart. "I'm not letting you get away this time, Goto, you're staying right here."

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

"You know..." Valerie said. "I you wanted to get closer to me you just had to ask." She grinned at the boy as their faces were mere inches apart. "I'm not letting you get away this time, Goto, you're staying right here."

Goto struggled to get away from the heat, but tried in vain.  Val wasn't going to let go, and the heat was going to get to him sooner or later.  Thankfully, the girl was at least cold to the touch.  He smiled, as there faces were almost connecting.  

"I'm fine with that.  As a matter of fact, it's better you're up close."  Gin's neck began to elongate, as it started to curl it's way around Valerie's neck, lightly squeezing her carotid arteries from both sides.  His arms, legs, and fingers elongated themselves as well, wrapping themselves around Valerie to restrain her as much as they could.  "I'm not letting go either!"  He said, his sweat pouring onto her.  

Suna and Mako looked on, concerned.  The tangled mess of teenager was getting a little hotter and heavier than the rest of the fights...no thanks to Valerie's Quirk.  

"Should we...stop them?  I don't know what's going where..."  Suna questioned.  

"NOT TIL ONE OF 'EM WUSSES...I MEAN TAPS OUT"  

This wasn't good. Goto wasn't letting up even with her heat washing over him. To make it worse he was wrapping an arm around her neck in an attempt to choke her out. It was all she could do to keep him from cutting off the oxygen to her brain entirely. The moment that happened was the moment she lost.

And she wasn't going to lose. She couldn't let that happen.

She began to pump out more heat, more heat, trying to release as much of it as she could. She was saving this for when she was in the finals but if she lost here it wouldn't make a difference.

The device in her suit, meant to keep her alive temporarily even when her temperature dipped to dangerous levels, activated and sent a warmth through her body.

It was designed as a safety measure. The suggestion was to use it for health reasons and not combat ones.

But if she didn't give it her all then why was she even here?

So she took the artificial heat and added it to her Quirk. Amplifying the body heat past what she normally would be capable of.

Valerie was able to squirm her way to giving a small amount of breathing room as Goto reacted with surprise to the sudden increase of temperature. It still wasn't enough. He would either redouble his efforts and return to his strangle hold or just get away and she'd burn out even faster. She had to END this somehow.

She needed more, more heat, she had to go beyond even this!

The girl felt it. A burning. Intense, consuming, almost frightening. A terrible burning that caused bits of memory to surface.  Scattered, hazy, but all leading her to one thing. That's right, that's why she was doing this, she had to get stronger to make it up to them...

Goto wanted her to give in. But she would never give in. She COULD never give in.

BGM

"You're strong, Goto." She gasped out, struggling to get out the words she felt she needed to say. "Stronger than I expected...but I said this before, at the start of the tournament." She shouted, screaming out with all her heart and soul, for the whole world to hear. "I'm going to show everyone! The true meaning! Of rise above! MAX! OMEGA!"

A wave of burning air exploded out from the girl with such intense force that Goto was forced to release his grip. Sending him flying off of her as literal flames erupted from around her body.

Placing a hand on the ground she forced herself up. First kneeling. Then crouching. Then, with one last push, standing. Her body wreathed in flames. The air around her having increased drastically in temperature. Even in the stands the audience would be able to feel the heat emerging from her body.

She looked to Goto. "As strong as you are...I'm still the strongest!"

Terro watched as the battle between Goto and Val raged on. His fist clenched as he watched, his body getting tense. He was getting impatient, he knew it, but he wanted to fight! Still, he was enjoying the clash of the 1-B students. They went back and forth, seemingly equal in skill and power, which was a surprise to him. Maybe Val didn't realize that someone was catching up with her, or even that he was almost there. 

He wiped his forehead as he watched the fight. The heat was pretty bad, but it wasn't any worse than training under the sun in summer. He was sure if he got closer, it would be worse though. Still, as creative as they were as with their quirks, they didn't help Terro much. They were too specialized, nothing he could try to incorporate into his fighting style... 

But then Val did something interesting.

He stood up to get a better look at Val on complete fire. That was amazing. She was like some sort of human torch, a fire storm. He grinned widely was he watched. Now he really wanted to fight!

1iN0rQW.jpg?1

"As strong as you are...I'm still the strongest!"

Goto looked on at Valerie in amazement.  Apparently, there was more to her quirk than just heat...and he had failed to realize that.  Or had she failed to divulge that information to the rest of 1-B.  As it stood now, things were taking a turn for the worse.  Victory was right in his grasp...literally...but Valerie had become a bigger wall than he ever could have imagined.  He wound his fist up, just like he had at the beginning of the match, and smiled.  

"Well Val...I always knew you were hot...but this is a little much."  He shot his fist out one last time, before Valerie outreached her palm, shooting an enormous pillar of fire that easily washed his fist away.  The fire came for him now, as the heat and force made him lose his footing.  "HEY!  T-t-take it easy!"  Goto's voice permeated through the flames, until he was shoved out of the ring.  He landed on the ground, with the fire continuing on above him.  He watched as the flames hit the stadium's wall, leaving a rather impressive scorch on it.  

"Thatta Girl."  Mako said through an enormous toothy grin, and his arms crossed.  He nudged his head over to Suna, who raised his arm into the air.  

"Hiroki Goto has been ringed out!  Valerie Clark is the winner!"  The electronic billboard's all throughout the arena had shown Valerie's name, making it's way up the tournament bracket.  Goto rubbed his neck..it still felt like it was on fire.  He sighed, and from over the edge of the stadium, he stretched his hand into the air with a thumbs up, before passing out.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

HE70W3a.jpg?1

Gin watched as the fight concluded.  He smiled, as he realized that a showdown between him and Valerie would actually be interesting.  The girl could make and control fire...it was certainly a strong quirk. 

"I didn't even know she could do that..."  Erika said, almost shakily.  "We're supposed to be friends...and she didn't tell me!" 

"She doesn't need to tell you sheet."  At the uttering of a curse word, Erika closed her mouth in shock, looking at the boy.  "If she didn't want to tell you, there's gotta be a reason.  To go prodding where you shouldn't, idiot."  Erika's brow furrowed, as she got up from the stands, and made her way towards the infirmary.  "Whatever."  Gin said, as he did the same.  He rolled his shoulder, and stretched out his fingers, before heading towards the exit.  Terro would be on that stadium floor next, and Gin would be there to meet him. 

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Will Gin Otoma and Terro Khikyu please take to the Arena now!"

With his costume on, Gin walked out of the hallway that lead directly towards the arena.  A mixture of boos and cheers could be heard as he made his way, but Gin was only focused on one person now.  He stepped up to the ring, and would meet Terro face to face in the middle, with Suna standing beside both of them. 

"Alright boys...try not to kill each other."  He looked to Terro, and smiled.  "I know you probably won't...but don't pull your punches."  Suna took a couple of steps back, narrow-eyeing Gin, before he turned away from them to exit the stadium.  Once outside of the killzone, he and Mako both raised a hand into the air, before swiping it down.

"BEGIN THE MATCH!"

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Not to mention you only ever manage to get one good hit in before breaking your arm. You've got four hits in a best case scenario if you don't mind living in a wheelchair for a while."

Jeez Sayuri...just tell me how you really feel...

"Well, I guess you at least KNOW you're just a jackass that hits things... Means ya might be able to do somethin' bout the jackass bit,"

Ichiro listened to the girl...to Hadley speak, but this was the one thing that actually got to him. Might be able to do something about the...h-heh...guess I walked into that one. he thought, with a small sigh, hearing her speak again.

"It's Hadley, by the way. Tha's who I am. Among other things."

"Nice to meet you, Hadley..." he said with a small smile, before watching the fight between Goto and Valerie finally finish, with Valerie winning, apparently. Which meant, next up was...

"Will Gin Otoma and Terro Khikyu please take to the Arena now!"

It was Terro versus Gin now. He watched Terro and Gin enter the ring and was already joining Rei and Goutetsu in cheering. "C-Come on Terro! You can do it!!" Ichiro shouted, while Rei glanced over and moved near Goutetsu.

Taking the older gentlemen aside, Rei smiled. "Goutetsu...when do you think your grandson will be able to do any of those lessons? Cause I'm sure after this fight...he maaaaaaaay just take you and him up on that offer." he chuckled.

Hadley shook her head. "No idea who made tha', lass," she admitted to Sayuri, shrugging, gesturing to a gauntlet. "I'm more skilled at the craftin' bit, not so much the technical-"

She stopped as Akira made his presence known. The hairs on the back of her neck raised up, her entire body drawing up in a ramrod-straight position. Her eyes once again narrowed as she turned ever so slowly to glare straight into Akira's eyes, his sunglasses doing nothing to deter the intensity of her gaze. The energy of her entire body screamed hostility. 

But Akira's words didn't provoke yelling from her, like previously. The more he spoke, the more her face split into a derisive sneer. A sneer that held an underlaying of pure disgust. "Oh?" she asked, mockingly. "So that's yer deal, is it?" She crossed her arms, looking away from him now, shrugging carelessly. "You honestly think I give two shites about how you got in here? Please... Does it hurt, havin' a head tha' big so far up yer' own ass?"

She whipped around, standing from her seat and bringing her gauntleted fist within inches of Akira's head, but halted just in time. The wind from the pulled strike blew into his face, feathering his hair ever so slightly. The punch would not have been a weak one had it connected, he would likely be able to tell. Hadley's gaze was locked on his own again now, fury renewed. "My problem's not a bunch of fuckin' robots, ya dumb shite," she hissed at him, her face inches from his own. "My problem is stupid fucks like you who are only here 'ta show off what a lucky little princess ya are." She pointed her free hand at Ichiro. "Ya think you're better than me, than him, than everybody here, don't ya? All because you don't have anything to give a sheet about? Cause ya didn't have to work for any of tha' power? I saw yer first round, ya gobshite. U. A. has said you're their precious lil' boy... and tha's enough as far as yer' concerned, innit? This dumb funk wants to come to this school so bad he's breakin' his damn arms off left an' right, I don't think it's fuckin' worth tha' shite, an' I think he's an idjit for thinkin' so, but least he's not some damn teacher's PET, some TROPHY this fuckin' school brings in to show off what a precious little hero yer gonna be without worryin' about the fact tha' yer a fuckin' WASTE OF SPACE." 

"I don't CARE if you got in here without tryin', ya idjit," she continued, over the sound of the explosion in the ring below that Valerie had created. She didn't even spare the spectacle below a glance. "The fact ye seem to be PROUD of tha' is enough for me, know ye ain't worth my fuckin' time. Get outta my face. funk. Off." 

A low rattling sound played as an undercurrent over this last bit of her tirade, and it wasn't until she had finished speaking that Hadley seemed to notice. Her eyes immediately went to the gauntlet that was held in midair, inches from Akira's face. The arm that held it up was rock steady, not sagging at all from the weight of the heavy iron. But the gauntlet itself was vibrating, the dull rattle muffled from within.

She pulled her hand back, closing her eyes and taking several deep breaths. Trying to hide the fact that she wasn't trying to calm herself, but trying to control the involuntary hyperventilating that had built up in her chest like a rising volcanic tide of fear the second she had detected the sound. "G'on then," she snapped, her volume suddenly much louder, shouting in contrast to the quiet fury she had held up to this point. "I have a bloody homework to do with this lil' peashooting sheet, don' I?" she shouted at him, turning her face away to glare down at Gin on the field like he was the devil himself. Her shoulders rose and fell as she desperately tried to still the vibrations in her clenched fists. No... Not now. I'll not let this funk get 'ta me. 

By the time Aaron got to the stands, Gin was already on his way to the field as Val was announced as the winner of her round. A majority of his classmates were still here having some discourse with someone with an Irish accent, and her voice sounded angry with all the sailor talk she was producing. Class 1-B were keeping to themselves, as per the norm from what Aaron remembered. Isami, Ino, and Asuka were gone and Mike hasn't made here yet, but would probably see him soon enough. Val and Goto would soon make their way up, but Val is probably going back to a prep room to continue training.

Well, time to acknowledge my presence. Aaron's plan of attack was to greet everyone he knew, from both sides, and then to make his way to the seat. Everyone was spread out, but kept in small groups, so projection was key to this operation. "Hey, Ichiro, Sayuri, Erika, Aina, everyone else in 1-B that I never got names for, Akira, and everyone else that I don't know! Including you angry Irish lady!" Aaron pointing both fingers straight at Hadley as he approached the bottom of the stands. "Good to see you all."

Archived