Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

"That sounds foreign. I suppose it explains your butchering of the language. I believe you already know my name. I was going to go speak to the loose cannon down there, but something you mentioned caught my attention. The entrance exam used robots? I never took an exam for this school, though they wanted me to take a special one for top-tier recommendations." He glanced idly at all the people watching the tournament, as if searching for and failing to find anything of interest. "Nah, I was specifically transferred here because of the strength of my quirk. But enough about me. What was so difficult about these robots that you couldn't beat them? Knowing who did get in, I find it difficult to believe they were anything particularly impressive." 

Gotetsu's eyes narrowed a bit as he listened to Akira. So, he was a natural prodigy among the prodigies was he? He could believe it, with the lightshow he had displayed in the first round, and the way he spoke reminded him of several he had met in his life time. He wondered what kind of person he would grow up to be... someone who took their talent and refined it into something truly amazing, or someone who would just coast along on that natural talent? Hadley seemed to think it was the former, with how she was yelling. Gotetsu wasn't really interested in that though. Terro was about to fight, and he was ready to see how it would go.

"C-Come on Terro! You can do it!!" Ichiro shouted, while Rei glanced over and moved near Goutetsu. Taking the older man to the side, he questioned, "Goutetsu...when do you think your grandson will be able to do any of those lessons? Cause I'm sure after this fight...he maaaaaaaay just take you and him up on that offer." he chuckled.

Goutetsu chuckled as he nodded his head. "My grandson maybe a bit of a dense fool, but once something is in his head, it'll take a lot to make him forget it," He stroked his beard a bit. "He'll easily be able to teach those lesson. He knows them well enough to teach the small kids at the dojo after all,"

Grinning at Val's victory, Terro began to crack his knuckles. If he won this round, he'd face her next, and that was something he had been wanting to do ever since he met her. However, he had to do something he had been wanting to do for even longer. Now was his time to take on Gin. He wasn't going to waste this opportunity! 

He was grinning like a fool as he climbed up to the stage, still cracking his knuckles as he met Gin in the middle, the UA students standing chest to chest, emerald green eyes locking into amber ones. At the moment, the two weren't students, friends, or even rivals. No, they were two fighters gauging their enemy and preparing for their match. Terro's playful and excited energy clashed against Gin's confident and serious energy, causing the tension in the air to thicken. The stare down seemed to hours... until Suna walked up.

The two broke away from each other and put some space between them as the teacher got between the two, "Alright boys...try not to kill each other."  He looked to Terro, and smiled. "I know you probably won't...but don't pull your punches." Terro nodded as he slipped into his stance, and took a deep breath, keeping his eyes on Gin's finger. His eyes narrowed as he focused.  He couldn't let himself get nailed by Gin's shots too many times this early in the match.

"BEGIN THE MATCH!"

"I have no intention of taking it easy on you, dirt brain." Gin said through his mask. Underneath his costume's right sleeve, a bright blue light began to emanate, making it's way towards his hand. He lifted his right hand, and pointed at Terro. "O-Range!" He shouted, as a ray of Orange light was shot from Gin's fingertips

"And I told you that holding back would be an insult. I'm not holding back either!" The moment Gin pointed his right hand, Terro weaved to Gin's left, intent on dodging. The beam was faster than he anticipated though, and he felt the beam graze his shoulder, the gi being torn up slightly, although his undershirt was fine. "Jishinken!" He called out, throwing out his left arm, the wave of earth now tearing through the stage and towards Gin.

Terro himself ran towards Gin, staying to the right of his attack, obviously trying to hit Gin from two sides at once. Gin smirked as Terro approached. His right finger had shifted colors from orange to blue, and instead of using just the one finger to form the gun, Gin used two. His target had shifted from Terro, to the ground at his right.  

"Blue Torrent!" He shouted, as a stream of blue light collided with the terrain, forcing him off his feet as he glided through the air, to distance himself from the rumbling earth, and Terro's advance. He turned off the stream of energy where he thought he achieved a fair distance, and lifted his arm once again, sticking with two fingers. "Let's see how you deal with this. Yel-Burst!" Three large yellow rings erupted from them at a fast pace towards Terro. Then, the light from his fingers all but faded. "Micro-Piston!" Behind the yellow rings, Gin shot out two small rounds of the attack, one to each side of the advancing rings.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Akira watched as the girl - Hadley was her name - slowly rose, before she quickly retaliated with the threat of violence. Though the gauntlet was very nearly touching his face, there was a thin layer of hard light between himself and it. Nothing more than a precaution, and one that proved needless as the fist stopped before colliding with his barrier. Really, the girl should be grateful that she didn't move a little bit further and have her toy broken. He looked up and down the fist once again. The craftsmanship was rough, but not uninspired. "Ya think you're better than me, than him, than everybody here, don't ya? All because you don't have anything to give a sheet about? Cause ya didn't have to work for any of tha' power? I saw yer first round, ya gobshite. U. A. has said you're their precious lil' boy... and tha's enough as far as yer' concerned, innit? This dumb funk wants to come to this school so bad he's breakin' his damn arms off left an' right, I don't think it's fuckin' worth tha' shite, an' I think he's an idjit for thinkin' so, but least he's not some damn teacher's PET, some TROPHY this fuckin' school brings in to show off what a precious little hero yer gonna be without worryin' about the fact tha' yer a fuckin' WASTE OF SPACE." Unfortunately, his train of thought on the gauntlets was interrupted by the idiot who wore them. Her anger made sense, despite the fact that it was misguided, and born of foolishness. This school, and heroes in general, cultivated that stupid mindset, exceeding one's own limits to overcome any obstacle. Rising Above Max Omega, they called it. The cripple did it through reckless self-harm, Hadley did it by playing dress-up. If he had been paying any attention to the fight in progress, he would see a blazing example of it, as the female combatant pushed her quirk so far that she managed to set herself on fire, to the amazement of people who gave a sheet. "I don't CARE if you got in here without tryin', ya idjit. The fact ye seem to be PROUD of tha' is enough for me, know ye ain't worth my fuckin' time. Get outta my face. funk. Off."

"What are you expecting me to do? Of course I don't try as hard as that idiot. I don't need to. My quirk can accomplish the same results as half the people here, with just the blink of an eye. I can't step up to match mediocrity." Akira took a step closer to Hadley, his barrier forcing her armored fist back, the sounds coming from the inside hardly piquing his interest. His face was practically touching hers, scarcely standing taller than her. He tilted his head so that his eyes were clearly visible to her, their light reflected back to him through her own eyes. "This school is full of weaklings and idiots pretending to be big-shots. That's how everything is, in a world with quirks. People get a little taste power, and they think it makes them incredible. But it doesn't. Nearly everyone here is an amateur, breaking their arms and vibrating until they pass out because that's all they can do. Does it occur to you for even a moment that maybe you, him, and everyone else here just isn't cut out to be a hero? If there was so much standing in your way, why bother?" The light in Akira's eyes intensified, as his fists clenched at his sides. "This school took inexperienced, overconfident, and most of all weak students out into the world, to show them what being a hero is really like, and do you know what they saw? Disaster. People died. And not just the hero they all idolized. Hundreds more of them. Countless, nameless lives lost, as the end result of some stupid field trip." Small flecks of light appeared and disappeared in the air all around the two of them, as a faint upward air current fluttered Akira's hair, as if in slow-motion. "That is the end result. That is what happens when everyone tries their hardest, ignoring reason for some stupid sentiment. If I were-" Akira caught himself, his jaw clenched, as if to hold back his own words, before he took a deep breath through his nose and continued, more slowly, more deliberately. "If all this is the best you can do, you're in the wrong business."

The piece of hard light Akira had used to hold back the fist disappeared as she withdrew it, as he took a step back from her. "G'on then," she was shouting now, her anger seeming to be only an attempt at the rage from before, "I have a bloody homework to do with this lil' peashooting sheet, don' I?" Akira stared her in the eyes for a moment, holding his stance silently, before he turned and made his way down the stairs. As he passed Ichiro, he shot a glance directly at him, lingering for a fraction of a second before he continued his stride. This new fight was different than those previous. This fight mattered.

Making his way to get a better view, he saw a stranger, shouting various names, including his own. "Why do new people keep showing up in the eleventh hour..." He granted the newcomer no further attention, as he sat in the front row, near what remained of the other class's group.

lmHWTAK.png

"Wow! I didn't know someone like you could see something in someone like that. Opposites must attract! I'm kinda jealous, even if it is Akira!!!!!! But no one's outta your league, Asuka! You're the best! You can take him out any day! All you have to do is ask!"

As the vibrating girl continued on, surprisingly pleased with Asuka's answer, she couldn't help but see the way Ino was making sense right now. "Know your enemy" and all. The more Asuka understood about Akira, the better-suited she'd be to defeat and surpass him. Ino had phrased it a bit oddly, but Asuka got the idea, and that was what mattered most. Ino's vibrating grew stronger and stronger as she continued. She must have been really excited about this for some reason. It was when her shaking had hit its peak that she hit her conclusion.

"Ahhhh! We gotta go pick out clothes for when you ask him! OH! And don't forget the sunglasses! He'll probably think you'd look great in them!" 

Asuka was gradually losing track of Ino's logic. But she certainly seemed excited. "R-Right." It would probably be a good idea to get Ino away from Isami's bed. It was vibrating along with the girl, and that couldn't have been comfortable. Asuka wound up blurting out the first thing to come to mind. "Would now be a good time to start looking at clothes? We can stay updated on the tournament with our phones and... yeah..." Asuka still wasn't sure how clothes were related to competing with and surpassing her betters.

s06t3UC.png

Despite his best effort to cover his ears, it was rather difficult not to hear what his classmates were talking about. They weren't exactly the quietest people around, especially not Ino, who seemed to get extremely excited at the prospect of... Crush and clothing? He was trying his best to not hear the conversation, so he wasn't sure entirely what was going on.

Whatever it was, Ino seemed excited about it - so much so that she was starting to make his bed shake, and it felt less like one of those massage beds and more like an earthquake had struck. "A-Ah!" Isami let out as the bed shook more, sitting upright on the bed. "I-Ino, can you please stop shaking my bed?" Isami said, hands still on ears. 

HE70W3a.jpg?1

Terro grit his teeth as he watched his attack be destroyed, and Gin managed to widen the gap between the two of them. They both knew Gin was at his best advantage from a distance, and he wasn't going to let Terro get close.  And then Gin pulled a tactic right out of Terro's book! He fired large rings at him, and did... something that he was sure was to the sides of it, making going around the attack more of a liablity. With little time to think, Terro decided... To copy Gin.  He slid to a stop, quickly stomping on the ground. A column of earth shot out from under him, launching him into the sky. Terro wasn't properly prepared for this though, so instead of a graceful leap over the rings, he soar over them, spinning and flailing his arms wildly as he did. By some miracle though, he managed to land on his feet, taking a pose some superheroes would take after landing.

"Nice, Gin," Terro commented. "Let me try this then!" Yelling, he raised both arms over his head before he savagely slammed both into the ground. He used his powers to create a shockwave and crack the stage as much as he absolutely could.

"Shut up with the niceties!"  Gin said.  Terro acting like he gave a damn was really starting to piss him off.  He looked at the ground all around him.  It was quaking, and cracking.  He wouldn't be able to get away from it, but Terro had left himself exposed.  Gin lifted his right arm again.  "Visible Spectrum: Gree-N.T."  At this point, he was going to go through his whole arsenal before Terro was injured enough to give up.  His fingers shone a bright green, as three triangle like projectiles shot fourth from them all in a row.

"I wouldn't call this niceties. Now, if I asked to get lunch after this, that'd be niceties... or you know, visiting you after the match to try to make a re-lation-ship, like that one girl tried to, right?" As the attack flew over to Terro, he used the now cracked stage to raise up a shield. The triangles embedded themselves into the rock, causing Terro to blink and look at the shield.   Suddenly, a bright light filled Terro's vision and a loud booming noise filled his ears, and the force of the explosion sent him flying back, causing him to skip across the ground like a rock. He finally stopped, groaning.

Gin's fist tightened.  All this talking...and all of Terro's defensive maneuvers.  He had been looking forward to this fight the most...but now Terro was joking around, not taking him seriously.  His teeth were grinding under his helmet, as he began to grow impatient...not letting loose.  Well Terro would have to acknowledge his power sooner or later... 

"SHUT UP AND FIGHT!"  Gin roared, raising both hands with an ominous pose.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Would now be a good time to start looking at clothes? We can stay updated on the tournament with our phones and... yeah..." 

Ino nodded while Asuka was still in mid-sentence.  

"I-Ino, can you please stop shaking my bed?"

"Don't interrupt girl talk, Isami!  That's just plain rude!"  Ino grabbed onto Asuka's hand, and led her to the doorway.  Ino then turned around to wave at the rude snake boy.  "Hey!  Feel better, okay?!  If you want, meet us at the mall.  Maybe we can find you some nice clothes too...you gotta impress all the snake ladies out there!"  Ino giggled, as she and Asuka left the medical ward, and eventually, the U.A. Stadium.  

As they walked around the nearest shopping mall, the two of them started to get some harsh glares from the surrounding citizens.  Ino didn't want to think what they were thinking...U.A.'s reputation was getting a little tarnished since that day...not to mention the Quirkless citizen unrest was growing more and more by the day.  Instead of looking back, and hopelessly apologizing, Ino continued on, sick to her stomach.  After their visit with a sunglasses boutique, Ino had to sit down.  Her vibrations weren't as frantic, but low and powerful.  She found a bench, and motioned for Asuka to sit next to her.  Before talking, she took out her phone to watch Gin and Terro duke it out.  Neither one of them had a clear advantage...and Gin was just getting madder by the moment.  

"Asuka...was it our fault?"  She whispered.  "What happened at Kashykkk?  Was it...our fault?"  Her thoughts drifted back towards the news the week after.  Quirkless protests at an all time high, asking for the disbarment of heroes across the world...asking for them to stop what they were doing, putting kids in harms way.  Their tax paying dollars going to the failure that was the Kashyyyk district.  "I didn't ask to be born with powers...but as long as I have them...I feel like I can help people."  Her eyes began to well up, as she dug her face into Asuka's shirt.  "But I didn't help anyone that day...what's the point??"  Kashykkk had been a sore subject with the whole class...no one talked about it.  But now it was all rushing out of her, all of her feelings.  "So many people died that day...but I remember something in the paper."  She brought her face up, and sniffled.  "A reporter went to go check on that whole situation...her son was with her.  After the blast...she died, but the boy was left there until the first responders came.  They swore they saw a kid with wings in the light...do you think he feels the same way?"  Of course, the names of the deceased and orphaned weren't disclosed in the paper that day...but Ino stopped reading the news for a while after that.  

Ino wiped the snot from her nose, and smiled.  

"This is all that Akira's fault!  He asked me what happened...and now I'm reliving it again, haha!"  Her vibrations were still low and rumbling.  "You really have bad taste, you know that?  Mike's a nice boy, and so is Ichiro?  Why not ask them for pete's sake!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

gkBETf2.jpg?1p0qWtRl.jpg?1

As Erika moved through the exit, she bumped into a rather large figure in a dark cloak.  

"Excuse me mister, but bumping into a lady like that, and not apologizing immediately, is a sign of negligence of the highest order!  You might not have noticed, but due to my frail body composure, bumping into things actually hurts quite a bit.  Not to mention that your body was so ragged and hard, that it intensified the pain quite drastically!  I can't believe someone like you isn't constantly on the lookout, making sure they aren't bumping into as many people as possible...unless that is your intention!  Is that your Quirk?!  Bumping into people!?  I'd believe it, due to your ability to not look out for people you may bump into!  I mean seriously, are you even a hero?!  Disrespectful, Disrespectful, UTTERLY DISRESPECTFUL!"  

The dark cloaked figure looked at the girl.  Their face was obscured by a combo of a dark cowl and oddly patterned mask, but two piercing red eyes could be seen staring at her.  It laughed, ruggedly. 

"Wow girl, you sure can flap those lips, huh?!  GAHAHAHA! The tall figure knelt down and whispered to Erika.  "Get outta here before you're lunch." 

Erika made a high pitched squeal, before making her way towards the infirmary with haste.  It was common practice for heroes to wear their costumes for festivities like this, but was that guy really a hero?  She looked behind her again to get a good look, maybe call security, but he was already gone.  Soon enough, she arrived at Goto's room.  Not much to her surprise, Shin, Casey, and Aina were already there.  It was a good ol' 1-B reunion, and it made Erika smile.  

"Hey everyone!  Checking up on our resident loser? hehe!"  

Shin rubbed his neck, and made a stinging sound with his mouth.  

"Yikes Erika...be a little more tasteful.  The guy just lost!"  Goto waved to Shin.  

"Tasteful isn't a word I'd describe Erika with.  She just blurts out whatever comes to mind."  Shin laughed and nodded.  The trio waved at Goto and Erika, before leaving his room.  Aina spoke up as they exited the door.  

"We'll be in Val's room next.  I've got to smack her for lying about her quirk for so long.  See ya!"  Erika and Goto waved back.  

"Damn."  Goto could be heard, almost sighing as he talked.  "Thought I had her there for a second."  He rubbed his neck, showing off a burn mark that traced from the middle of his throat, all the way to the base of his neck.  Erika gasped a little, but Gin waved her off yet again.  "It stretches with me too.  So that's kinda fun."  He said with a smile.  "But man...she's way tougher than I imagined...and when that fire hit me...I was a goner huh?"  Erika took her hands from her mouth, and nodded.  

"Yeah...but thankfully neither of you were too hurt...you didn't take it easy on her, did you?"

Goto shook his head.  

"I had a plan...I didn't account for Fire though."  He placed both hands against his cheeks.  "I guess she just rose a little higher than me.  This time." 

ZGT4LwY.png?1gMlHe3L.png?1FhZ9O3H.jpg?1

Meanwhile, the trio was giving Valerie an earful in her room.  They were all slightly sweating, but they had told her it was fine by them. 

"Yo, seriously!  Fire?!"  Casey exclaimed.  "That's crazy cool!  We always knew you were ho-"

Shin stopped the boy with a palm to his cheek. 

"Goto already made that joke." 

"What?!  I was gonna say something different!" 

Aina sat on Valeries bed, holding her hand. 

"You know...you don't have to prove you're the best.  We already all thought that.  There's just something...unique about you."  She closed the gap between their faces, and whispered directly into Valerie's ear.  "Although, the fire is really cool.  But don't tell the boy's I said it."  She drew herself back and winked at her.  "Now let's get you psyched up for your next fight huh?!  That nasty beam boy, or Rocky, whoever comes against you, they won't stop you!"

"1-B rules!"  The other boys shouted, fist bumping as they did so.   

Valerie let out a cheer and thrust her fist in the air, a gout of flames unintentionally being let loose into the sky as she celebrated her victory. "And that's just the start! Cheer for me in the finals, everyone!" She called out, laughing as the adrenaline washed over her.

Though as she was led off the field, by medical professionals who were keeping their distance, and the adrenaline started to fade, she felt her injuries more clearly.

On her way towards the nurse she stared at her hand, still wreathed in flames, and contemplated what it meant. She had never done anything like that before. Sure, fire and heat was related, but no matter how hard she pumped out heat it had never caused anything like this.

It was strong. But it also felt...off. She knew well that fire was not something to play with. Should she continue to use it...or was she better off trying to get stronger in other ways?

It took some time before the flames covering her died down enough for the nurse to treat her injures. That was another unusual thing about it. While the flames were around her she felt the warmth, even though her quirk used her own body heat. Was that temporary? Or did this aspect of her Quirk work differently? It was something she'd have to figure out in the days to come.

Thinking back on the match reminded her a different fire. One that had changed her life. The reason she was fighting so hard...

Her thoughts were interrupted by the entrance of her classmates, who all seemed excited about her new ability. "Of course I'll win, nobody in this school can take me on!" She was glad at the trio's confidence in her. Though Aina holding her hand and reassuring her make the girl somewhat uncomfortable. She always tried to cover for her difficult to use Quirk with hard work. Valerie didn't want to come off as someone who needed to be reassured. Though he fact that 1-B seemed confident at least showed her that she was doing something right. She had to keep going, though, she needed to be the absolute best. If there was even the slightest doubt of that it meant she wasn't working hard enough. "I wanted to take both of em on. It's a shame they won't let me do a 2 v 1, eh? Maybe they'd stand a bit of a chance then!"

Her eyes went to the door as a thought crossed her mind. "Goto's fine, right?" She asked. "Maybe I should check on him. It wouldn't do for the Class President to leave an injured classmate hanging."

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey!  Feel better, okay?!  If you want, meet us at the mall.  Maybe we can find you some nice clothes too...you gotta impress all the snake ladies out there!"

"We'll be leaving. Rest up and get well soon, okay?"

iU8EggM.png

The atmosphere at the mall felt tense. Maybe it was the glares Asuka and Ino were receiving. The unrest from Quirkless citizens wasn't dying down any; quite the contrary in fact. With tensions continuing to rise, being around the Quirkless was starting to leave an uneasy feeling in Asuka's gut. Like at any moment someone could snap and attack the pair. And what then? Fight back? That would only make things even worse. Run away? That could end up only encouraging further violence against Quirk users. The only correct and proper course of action in that case was to use one's own Quirk purely to protect themselves from an attacker. Part of Asuka wanted to yell at them, and tell them that plenty of Quirk-bearing citizens and even some heroes and U.A. staff were also victims of the Kashyyyk attack and that it wasn't some conspiracy, but it felt as if that could have the opposite effect of what she wanted.

Fortunately, tense though the trip may have been, what with the constant glares and all, the shopping was overall a success. Asuka had picked up some new articles of clothing, with her latest acquisition being a rather generic pair of sunglasses. It was after getting the sunglasses, however, that Ino had to sit down, and Asuka followed by sitting next to the girl. Her vibrations were low and powerful instead of the usual high-frequency jittery types of shaking she usually exhibited.

"Asuka...was it our fault? What happened at Kashykkk?  Was it...our fault?"

As Ino continued on about the happenings at the Kashyyyk District - not exactly a time anyone in class remembered fondly - Asuka thought long and hard about what felt like the most important question. Was it their fault? She thought back, replaying the events in her mind over and over with so many different tweaks that could have made things better. If her own crystals were just a little bit stronger, if Ichiro could manage his strength just a bit better, if Gin's End Sniper hit a little bit harder... no matter how many times it all played out though, the end result was the same. The complete annihilation of the Kashyyyk District, the loss of Suna's arm and several hero lives, not to mention all the innocent lives that just happened to be there at the time.

It couldn't have been their fault. It was a miracle everyone in the class survived, let alone how minor most of the injuries were. As Asuka was about to voice her opinion on the Kashyyyk incident, however, Ino changed the subject to something more in the now and of a slightly lighter nature.

"This is all that Akira's fault! He asked me what happened...and now I'm reliving it again, haha! You really have bad taste, you know that? Mike's a nice boy, and so is Ichiro? Why not ask them for pete's sake!"

"Adachi would probably break me for one, whether he meant to or not," Asuka answered. At times like this, honesty was the best way to go. Ichiro was insanely strong, vastly more so than any person she'd ever met when it came to raw physical force. In a fight with him, one hit was all it would take for her to end up seeing Nurse Neko with plenty of broken bones. "And Rosenfeld is nice too, but I feel like I'd be able to learn a lot more from Tomoaki, you know? He definitely has some bad qualities about him, but that makes me all the more eager to go for him instead." It was more satisfying to beat an jabroni than it was to beat a nice person, after all.

h1v7t2f.png
"No idea who made tha', lass."

That's a shame. Maybe if I find and ask other support class students I can find them?

Sayuri paid as little mind as she could to the sudden conversation, which was really more Hadley ranting followed by Akira more calmly ranting back, but they were still noisy enough that she could very well hear what each person was saying. Instead, Sayuri was more interested in the fight between Terro and the "peashooting sheet". As the two fought, which honestly looked mostly like Gin shooting various shots at Terro while the latter worked primarily to defend himself, Sayuri couldn't help but compare it to a bully at an anthill. The ants went into and out of their holes, doing what they did best, while some kid with a magnifying glass decided to fry them. Hmmm... A thought occurred to her. Hadley was good at the crafting aspects of the support class, but not so much technology. The former wasn't even something Sayuri had considered, but now that it was on the table, combined with her previous thoughts about anthills...

"Magnifying glasses," she suddenly typed into her device. "Or something like them. Do you think those would amplify his attacks, Hadley?"

"SHUT UP AND FIGHT!"  Gin roared, raising both hands with an ominous pose. Terro coughed as he stood up, rubbing his neck and looking down at the arm Ino's attack hit. Factoring her attack and now Gin's, that arm was taking a lot of punishment. Still, he had to keep going... but maybe a trip to the nurse's office would be needed after this.

"But, I am fighting," Terro said as he bounced on his toes for a bit before he settled back into stance. "It's just not easy to get in on you, you know? Besides, I gotta pace myself to," Wiggling his fingers, he caused the rocks and rubble to float up, and form a rocky shield on his arm, one exactly like the one he made Ichiro on the first day of school. "Hey, remember this Gin?" He asked before tossing the disk at his opponent.

Gin's eye twitched, watching the disk head straight towards him, the bad memory of his first loss to Terro and the arm breaker flashing through his head.  However, a smile slowly traced across his face.

"Remember this one?" Gin said, lifting his left arm. All five fingers shot out towards Terro, his entire hand the shade of indigo. The entirety of his sleeve seemed to evaporate, as it show the whole arm glowing the same color. "End-Sniper!" A large booming sound resonated throughout the stadium, as a giant stream of light ejected from Gin's entire arm. It was wobbling almost uncontrollably, as the beam made it's way towards Terro, while also intercepting the flying disk, ripping through the disk and devouring it as it flew towards Gin's opponent.

Terro's eyes widen as he saw the giant stream of light coming to him, the sight of it causing the memory of the beam tearing through that monster Wendigo to flash through the young martial artist's mind, causing him to freeze in place for a split second. However, Terro still had time to dive to the ground to avoid it, placing his hands on the ground and raising a giant rock barricade in front of him for good measure.  

That didn't stop the light, however, as it relentlessly collided into the barrier, which made the rock explode, causing a large cloud of dust to be created, and cover the area where Terro was. The next few seconds were dead silent as Gin waited for something to emerge from the dust. Suddenly, a vaguely human shaped figure leapt out of the dust, propelled by a rock pillar and shot into the air. It made sure it was positioned in front of the sun to make it harder for Gin to aim.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Hey, remember this Gin?"

Ichiro was invested in this match, a lot more than he thought he would, but this one moment actually made him surprised. He watched that Terro formed a rocky shield and he was getting happy. "No....way!!!" he said, now on the edge of his seat. All the while...he could remember the details of that scenario clear as day...

"I want you to spin as much as you can!"

"Um... I'm not good at that, but okay!"

"The hell are these idiots doing?"

"Now! Stop!!"

"Piece of...too bad your shields gone!"

"Terro! Now!!"

"Something wrong, Ichi?" Rei asked, seeing his brother getting excited, which caused Ichiro to come back to reality.

"R-Remember when I said the first day of the semester...what happened?" Ichiro asked, before nodding and looking at Rei. "That's what we did. He built that shield and let me use it...he's..." he turned back towards the fight, smiling widely. "He's using what I suggested..."

"Heh, so this is what you and he worked with?" Rei asked, chuckling. "Well then...seems like you and Terro might actually make a good team together."

Ichiro, still on the edge of his seat was getting excited. Even though he had a flash of Gin using End-Sniper on that beast of a villain before during the incident, he was still enjoying this fight. "C'MON TERRO!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!" he shouted with a wide smile.

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"Damn..."  Gin gasped, struggling to catch his breath after seeing the effects of his End-Sniper.  He imagined that Terro had blocked the entirety of the attack somehow...but that was probably a good thing.  If it had actually connected, Terro might've been gravely injured.  He didn't care though...he had to win this anyway he could, and he was going to.  Gin looked to the sky, to see Terro flying through it.  His vision became obscured by the sunlight, but that wouldn't be an issue.  "I'll just aim at the sun, dirt brain!  Blue Torrent!"  Gin exclaimed, raising both hands in the air, as 10 separate beams of blue light were shot towards the direction of the sunlight, and Terro's slightly visible frame.  "Try dodging all of these!"

Terro, shockingly, didn't attempt to dodge. In fact, he did quite the opposite. As he fell to the Earth like a rock, each and every one of the beams of blue lights hit Terro, causing him to... break apart. Soon, Gin learned why his opponent was falling like a rock... pieces of broken rock and dirt rained to the ground.  Gin saw the pieces of earth fly back to the ground, and was honestly shaken for a moment.  Maybe he had shot Terro too hard...he never really practiced Blue Torrent on live opponents before Wendigo.  However, he was brought back to the fight when Terro shouted something incredibly stupid, and approached Gin rapidly.  The arm covered with rocks was coming straight at him, and Gin froze.  However, something in the back of his mind.  

"And this is how you counter a punch."  Terro's lesson ringed in his head.  Gin moved fluidly to grab onto Terro's arm, swiveled his position while grappling it in a complete 180, and used Dirt Brain's own momentum to his advantage.  

"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"  Gin roared, using every ounce of strength to throw Terro over his shoulder and into the stadium floor.

Terro wasn't ready for Gin's counter, and was a bit confused as he saw the world rushing past him, and he felt his back slam against the ground. Terro looked up at Gin, the dumbest grin on his face. He let out a loud laugh, somehow really cheerful as he laid on the ground. 

"Nice job Gin!" He said as he flipped back up onto his feet. You pulled that off flawlessly!" His stupid grin didn't leave his face. "Glad you were able to use one of our lessons!" His eyes then turned serious. "But hey, looks like I'm in range," He quickly took his stance, launching a palm with his unrocked hand at Gin's chest.  The laugh mixed with a punch seemed to catch him off guard, as the fist landed square in his chest.  It hurt, but it wasn't enough to make Gin falter.  With a closed fist, Gin threw a punch at Terro's jaw.  

"You're in range too, Dirt Brain!  So shove it!"

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Adachi would probably break me for one, whether he meant to or not."

Ino clasped her mouth.  Break her?!  How?  Like that?!  There's no way!?

"No!  He would take it easy on you!  After all, he probably doesn't want to break you, or himself in the process!  That's just a bad strategy!"  

"And Rosenfeld is nice too, but I feel like I'd be able to learn a lot more from Tomoaki, you know? He definitely has some bad qualities about him, but that makes me all the more eager to go for him instead."

The conversation was making Ino's head rush.  Was Asuka used to going this fast with boys that she already had a game plan with each and every one of them?  Her vibrations were frantic now, as her face became red.  She tried to hide her embarrassment.  However, Asuka had the straightest face, talking about such lewd things, it was almost unbearable.  She shook from side to side, thinking of Asuka and Akira, at a love hotel after class.  A slight squealing sound could be heard coming from her.  Soon, a group of people had surrounded the pair.  Ino had gathered their attention by constantly vibrating, and making strange noises.  One of them happened to be a security guard. 

"I'm going to have to ask you to stop using your Quirk in public, young lady.  You're hampering business rattling booths near you."  

Ino's face went from red, to pale, almost immediately.  

"O-o-of course."  She said nervously, concentrating hard enough to sweat to keep her rumbling to only herself.  "It's tied to my emotions...so it's hard to keep it under contro-"

"What!?  A student from U.A. can't even control her Quirk!?  That's pathetic!"  One of the onlookers shouted.  The security guard couldn't help but crack a smile.  "We're supposed to leave the hero-ing to losers like you?!  You can't even save one city from villains!"  At the hinting of Kashykkk, Ino immediately slammed her ears over her head.  She didn't want to get upset.  She didn't want to get upset.  She had to concentrate on no emotion.  Concentrate!  But it's so hard.  Kashyyyk was her fault.  Her rumblings started to act up again, as the crowd around them started to notice.  "Looks like we ticked her off!  She's gonna use her quirk to scatter us defenseless Quirkless!!  Arrest her!"  

"And that other girl!  She's got the same quirk as that one villain!  We saw her on the t.v.!  She's gotta be a villain in disguise!"  

The crowd was starting to get rowdy, and approach them, their shouting becoming incoherent as they mobbed together to surround the two girls.  

"Now that's no way to treat a pair of ladies..."  A voice from behind the crowd was able to permeate through the mob's rabble rousing .  The crowd split down from the middle from where the voice originated, revealing Omega Star.  She walked through the parted sea of citizens, glaring at them.  They all stood silent, as she strolled up to the girls.  The reassuring sight of the Hero made Ino's vibrating almost cease...this was that helped save the class at Kashykkk...the Number One Pro Hero of the world.  Omega Star Outreached her hand to both of them, before smiling.  "Lets jet.  This atmosphere's getting a little tense, huh?"  

They had made their way to the second level of the mall, where the food court resided.  Omega Star had bought Ino and Asuka a meal of their choosing.  

"They've been getting a little restless since Kashykkk...I don't blame them."  Her fist tightened on the table.  "Don't they know we lost people dear to us too?"  She released her grip, and looked at the two girls with a neutral smile.  "You girls did well in the Tournament!  I've been keeping my eye pretty close on 1-A...you were all so brave that day!  So strong for such a young group."  Her smile brightened up a little.  "It's a total coin flip for whoever's gonna win a fight, huh?!"  Omega Star laughed, before taking a sip of water, and a bite of a burger.  "I naturally blitzed through my classes Tournament...they said it was the most boring.  But I'm not flashy!  I get results!  HAHAHA!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

ZGT4LwY.png?1gMlHe3L.png?1FhZ9O3H.jpg?1

"Goto's fine, right?" Valerie asked. "Maybe I should check on him. It wouldn't do for the Class President to leave an injured classmate hanging."

At the question, Aina abruptly chopped Valerie's forehead.  

"Are you nuts?!  You can't see him right after you beat him!  That's just insensitive"  She yelled.  The other two boys looked at her with awkward faces.  Shin rubbed the back of his neck before speaking up.  

"Goto's fine, but he's got a burn from that last attack.  He said it still hurts for now, but I imagine that'll stop within the next day or so.  You really did a number on him, but I don't blame you.  After what he was pulling, I can totally understand why you let loose!"  He laughed nervously.  Then Casey chimed in.  

"Maybe don't burn your next opponent to a crisp thoug-"  He was stopped with both Aina and Shin slamming the top of his head, making Casey fall to the ground.  Aina lifted herself off of the bed and hooked Casey's arm, with Shin doing the same with the other.  

"You need your rest now...your next round is going to be tough.  Neither of those two are going to go down easy, and we need you at your best.  You can ask Goto how he's doing after you win.  I don't think he'd expect anything less!"  

"Don't disappoint!"  Shin said, as he and Aina drug the clobbered Casey out of the room.  

Valerie rubbed the top of her head and looked at Aina in confusion. Insensitive? Why? They had a fight and there was a victor it wasn't as though there was any hard feelings, right?

Her eyes dimmed a bit as the burn scar was mentioned. She had done that? Her Body Heat Quirk already was trouble enough to keep from being a problem around other people but if this more powerful version could cause injuries like that...but no, she couldn't hold back. If she did she wouldn't get stronger. And if she didn't get stronger...

"No worries!" Valerie said to Aina's last statement. Her eyes regaining their spark. "It's never easy but I'll never go down!" She flashed them a thumbs up as they left and her eyes turned towards the match that was showing.

That Gin character seemed to be going all out. His attacks were flashy and dangerous. He didn't seem to worry much about unleashing full force on his classmate. "If it's me and him someone's gonna get hurt aren't they?" Valerie muttered. Maybe that would be the best though? Fighting with reckless abandon could be just the thing she needed to test the limits of this fire. It wasn't as though there weren't people standing by to keep someone from getting really hurt.

But then there was Terro, whom Valerie had most wanted to have a match with. The guy seemed like he'd be fun to fight for sure.

She didn't catch all of the fight but she did notice that Gin seemed to be best at a range while Terro wanted to get close. Though Terro's Quirk seemed to be good at a distance it seemed personal preference, and knowledge of his opponent, caused him to want to fight in close combat. She had already fought and beat two people who tried to keep their distance so for now.... "C'mon Terro, lets see what you can do..."

Mike

The match between Terro and Gin was in full-swing, but with every second that Mike watched it from his own hospital bed, the more he realized he just couldn't invest himself in what was going on. There was a strong, nagging stress in the back of his mind of his upcoming match, and it was more than the usual pre-match jitters that he was familiar with getting before any sort of competition. It's not like he didn't try to take his mind off the upcoming match, either. With each move he almost forced himself to pay more attention, get himself to care more about what was happening in front of him than what was yet to happen. Gin even used an ability that extremely similar to his own, for pete's sake! At the very least he could angry about that!

But, there was nothing. Mike let his eyes drop from the television screen and rubbed his temples, far more aware of his own heartbeat than he was comfortable with. Nurse Neko had stepped out some time ago, and besides the sounds of the match from the television screen he could hear the voices of other contestants leaking through the walls of the medical wing. As time passed, Mike grew more and more restless from just sitting on a hospital bed, got up, and exited into the hallway.

Just as he left his room, he could hear the voices of other students, one that he recognized to be Valerie from class 1-B, and soon enough saw a small handful of other 1-B students exit one of the other rooms and walk down the hallway in the other direction. Mike walked over to the room they had just left and glanced through the open door and spotted Valerie herself. At first he was going to move on and look for anyone from his class, maybe head back to the stands and see if they were all their, but at that moment an idea popped into his head.

Knocking on the frame of the door, Mike stepped past the threshold. "You're... Valerie, right? I was wondering if you had a moment, that is if you wanted, of course, I just saw those other students leave and I totally understand if you'd rather just have time to yourself!" Mike started, letting his own nerves get the hold of himself with each spoken word.

Hadley scowled as Akira left, fuming, body shaking as she tried to take deep breaths. She had almost slipped when he got up into her face, had almost snapped and whipped a gauntlet into his fat head. But she had restrained herself, barely. 

"That SHITE," she spat, fury coursing through every syllable. She looked down at the gauntlets. They were slowing in their rattling, the pitch gradually dwindling down to nothing. She took a shuddering breath of relief.

Does it occur to you for even a moment that maybe you, him, and everyone else here just isn't cut out to be a hero?

His words echoed in her head, rebounding off the insides of her skull like hammer cracks. She sat back in her seat, almost collapsing into it, breath flowing out all in a rush. Her eyes were fixed on her hands, encased in iron, feeling the skin inside tingling, a sizzling sensation that went up to her wrist, the gauntlets cutting off the unpleasant feeling, sealing it in like a pot of boiling water.

Why does he have ta' be right?

"Magnifying glasses. Or something like them. Do you think those would amplify his attacks, Hadley?"

"Eh?" she was snapped back into reality by Sayuri's question. She looked down at the fight, looking morose. "I dunno... Reckon so. His Quirk uses light to attack, dunn'it?" The tone of her voice was flat, and she flashed Aaron an irritated look as he joined the group in the stands. "Oh great; MORE heroes." She definitely seemed to have slipped back into the dismissive attitude she had held when she had first started speaking to Sayuri and ichiro, and the annoyed look she gave the latter now only reinforced that.

"Is'not worth gettin' so riled up over a tussle, ya idjit," she snapped at him. "One of 'em will walk out a' here, the other won't, big damn deal. Heroes thinkin' this shite is worth the damn time... After a bunch of people fuckin' DIED out in Kashykkk. But nah, they gotta have you run around and break yourself so we all have a laugh, don't they now?" She snorted at him. "Work on not bein' a blind jackass a bit harder, will ya? UA is doin' a bunch 'a empty flexin,' tha's all it is."

"What's a twat like him got so far up his ass, anyway?" she asked abruptly, crossing her legs and looking down at Gin. "He's in the bloody Hero Course, is he not as big a sheep as the rest of ya? Or his he just as big a prick as Tomoaki? Hell, wolf-girl here's the SMART one out 'a all of yeh, not playin' around in this idiocy." She nodded to Sayuri. 

lmHWTAK.png

"I'm going to have to ask you to stop using your Quirk in public, young lady. You're hampering business rattling booths near you."

Asuka hadn't even noticed the vibrations until the security guard pointed it out. Was she just getting used to it?

"O-o-of course. It's tied to my emotions...so it's hard to keep it under contro-"

"What!? A student from U.A. can't even control her Quirk!? That's pathetic! We're supposed to leave the hero-ing to losers like you?! You can't even save one city from villains!"

"Hold it!" That was an unfair assessment. Of course they couldn't defeat full-blown villains. They were only just recently put into a school meant to train and release heroes after all. In their current state, nobody would make a suitable hero. What with Ichiro's self-destructive Quirk, Ino's control issues, Gin's attitude, and other shortcomings around the class, it only made sense that they weren't proper heroes just yet. Wasn't that what U.A. was there for? To make them ready to become heroes?

"Looks like we ticked her off! She's gonna use her quirk to scatter us defenseless Quirkless!! Arrest her!"

"That's not--"

"And that other girl! She's got the same quirk as that one villain! We saw her on the t.v.! She's gotta be a villain in disguise!"

"That..." A distinct look crossed Asuka's face. As if someone had just shot her, and ran off with the valuables of someone she was trying to defend. A pained, defeated expression. The crowd was getting louder and their yelling was becoming incoherent, as the disgruntled Quirkless closed in on Ino and Asuka. This was supposed to just be a simple shopping trip to the mall. Why did it have to go so awry?

"Now that's no way to treat a pair of ladies..." And then, as if out of some kind of story, Omega Star had appeared with the perfect timing. The citizens seemed to still respect her at least, as they spread out to make way for the world's number-one hero. She walked up to the students and held out her hands, saying "Lets jet. This atmosphere's getting a little tense, huh?"

"Y, Yes. Let's."
iU8EggM.png
On the second story of the mall, at the food court, both Asuka and Ino were treated to foods of their choosing by Omega Star. Asuka - not wanting to take advantage of the hero's generosity - had opted for something simple and relatively cheap. Pork ramen. At the pace she was currently eating, it would be a while before Asuka's food was all gone, as she seemed to be taking her time with it.

"They've been getting a little restless since Kashykkk...I don't blame them. Don't they know we lost people dear to us too?"

"Several lives plus Suna's arm," Asuka recounted. Simply put, it was a disaster for everyone involved except the villains. They made a clean getaway, destroyed the entirety of the Kashyyyk District, and the heroes - not to mention the citizens - were left devastated by the attack. What had even caused the explosion to begin with?

"You girls did well in the Tournament! I've been keeping my eye pretty close on 1-A...you were all so brave that day! So strong for such a young group."

Ino did well anyway. Myself? Not so much. As Asuka reviewed her own fight in her head, she took out another lazy bite of ramen. So far, she was exclusively targeting the noodles. Everything else could wait, and would help put some flavor into the broth.

"It's a total coin flip for whoever's gonna win a fight, huh?! I naturally blitzed through my classes Tournament...they said it was the most boring. But I'm not flashy! I get results! HAHAHA!"

"As expected of the number-one hero." Of all the comments that had been thrown her way today, what with Akira stating she wasn't being creative enough with her Quirk and now the mall crowd, one in particular still stung particularly hard. She couldn't stop thinking about it, even though she'd tried several times.

"And that other girl! She's got the same quirk as that one villain! We saw her on the t.v.! She's gotta be a villain in disguise!"

"Hey, Omega Star..." A single crystal slowly crawled out of Asuka's right arm, before gently hovering to the table, just in front of Asuka. "You went to U.A. too, right? What was she like?" Asuka lifted up the crystal to make it clearer just who she was talking about. She didn't want to say the name, especially in public when she had a crystal all too reminiscent of the Crystalline Killer she shared a Quirk with, but hopefully this got the point across. "You know, her."

If nothing else, Asuka had to know what the woman was like at her age. Hopefully the two were different enough that Asuka could proudly say, "I'm not anything like that!", but suddenly she wasn't so sure.

"You're... Valerie, right? I was wondering if you had a moment, that is if you wanted, of course, I just saw those other students leave and I totally understand if you'd rather just have time to yourself!"

Valerie didn't expect this. One of the other class, one she might be facing in the finals, coming to visit her? The boy seemed nervous which caused the girl to smirk with a bit of a devious thought. "Oh, coming into a strange girl's room like that? How bold of you. That's good, I like bold." Though she couldn't imagine he was very comfortable with the situation. Not in the least because... "Sorry bout the temperature, if you need something you should probably make it quick. If you don't want to get sick that is." It was good that her classmates left when they did. Too long in such a small room with her heat as it was would've become detrimental eventually. She wondered what could've caused this guy to want to see her.

Unless it actually WAS him wanting to ask her out...that could be a problem. He seemed nice. She'd hate to break his heart.

Mike

"Oh, coming into a strange girl's room like that? How bold of you. That's good, I like bold," Valerie started off coming on strong, and it took a solid few seconds before Mike was able to register what it was exactly that she had said before his face turned a full, complete, beet-red and he began to stutter to attempt to explain that this was a medical wing and that it wasn't like it was just a normal person's room and all sorts of things associated with that, and to make matters worse the heat of the room washing over his body as he stood in just the door was enough to make anyone this uncomfortable. Valerie, however, kept on. "Sorry bout the temperature, if you need something you should probably make it quick. If you don't want to get sick that is."

"Right, uh, I wanted to ask you something," Mike said, piecing the words together in his head and what it was exactly that he wanted to know. "I know we haven't spoken much, so correct me if I'm way off base, but you seem like the kinda person who would rush head-first into any challenge no matter the odds." Mike took a deep, ragged breath as he came to a full realization of what he was feeling these past few moments, and what he wanted to know. "What I wanted to ask was, what do you do when you're going against someone or something that's just... way stronger than you? I mean like, leagues above yourself?" Mike let those words linger in the air for a few moments longer, before the confidence he had been showing melted away in an instant. "I-I mean, if that's too personal of a question or whatever, I totally understand! I was just... wondering, is all."

Aaron waited for few second only to realize that no one cared, even his own classmates were oblivious to him and everyone stuck to their own conversations. Most of 1-B got up and left while Sayuri and Akira were still having somewhat of their conversation, though Akira just walked to another part of the stands. Whelp, that a waste of time. Aaron turned away from everyone and started to walk towards that cornered seat and started to mutter to himself. "I am so glad that everyone cares about me, not even an 'Oh! good job on your Match Aaron, you'll get him next time', or 'wow Aaron you were really good.' What am I to anyone right now? What am I to this school if no one, not even my own classmates, is acknowledging my talents outside of the teachers and family?"

As Aaron approached the seat, he sat down on the ground next to the seat sulking in the fact that he is a nobody to his peers. Aaron could care less about the tournament now and whether who won this match or the entire thing for that matter. Sure, the fans can appreciate his efforts in the tournament, but it's not the same. What am I doing wrong?

"What I wanted to ask was, what do you do when you're going against someone or something that's just... way stronger than you? I mean like, leagues above yourself?"

So it wasn't a love confession. It was something much more interesting. She took a deep breath, ready to give her typically energetic speech, when she caught the look in his eyes. There was something there that caused the girl to halt. This was an important moment. She could feel it. He wasn't just asking something out of idle curiosity or nagging thoughts.

Damn. She wasn't good at serious stuff.

She leaned back in the bed, arms behind her and holding her upper body up, as she looked at the ceiling. "I've never encountered anyone like that." She began. She had her share of tough fights, rough patches, but fighting something on that level wasn't something that she had much experience in. She knew something of what happened in Kashyyyk, who didn't, and she wondered if that wasn't part of why he was asking her this. "But I suppose I'd...fight anyway. There's not really anything else I could do. Especially if it's something important."

She looked directly at Mike. She hated getting this personal with people. Talking about emotions and morals and all that junk. It made her more uncomfortable than anything else. But she couldn't let someone going through something difficult down. "Especially if there's a lot at stake you CAN'T lose. Even if there's no way for you to win you gotta win anyway. That's what a hero is supposed to be, I think. Someone who fights, who wins, even when they can't."

s06t3UC.png

Isami waved goodbye as he watched the two girls leave his room, his arm and the rest of his body starting to feel better. He still wasn't really able to get up, nor did he really want too at the moment. Who would have thought fighting would be so exhausting. Instead he laid there for a bit, watching the battle that was going on the TV. Or at least he planned too - it turned out that the battle was basically over by the time he got back to it. The now fiery girl had ultimately won her battle against her classmate, although she seemed like she would need medical attention. She seemed pleased with herself nonetheless.

Isami stretched his arms, sitting up. He decided to try and get off of the bed and, after a few tries, he did manage to get up, although his legs did feel a bit heavy. He was starting to feel a bit hungry; it had been quite a while since he had eaten, after all, and the fighting he did had used a lot of energy. He decided to take on Ino's offer to meet them at the mall, and maybe he'd get something from the food court. He made his way out of the medical bay, waving goodbye to Nurse Nekko, before making his way to the mall.

iU8EggM.png

As he got to the food court, he saw the two girls accompanied by Omega Star, the trio sitting at a table with food. He was about to go over and say hello, before his stomach started to growl. Right, food first. He turned to the many options available to him, deciding what he wanted to get.

Eventually, he returned to where the table was, this time with a tray that had a small amount of food on it with one hand. He waved at the trio as he made his way towards there, making sure not to drop what he had. "Hello!" Isami said as he got closer.

The moment that Gin fired off at the rock dummy Terro made, the martial artist ran out, using this distraction to close the distance between him and Gin. As he ran, he gathered the rocks forming the giant rock arm he used against Wendigo. He then used a pillar to push him forward even faster, as he was attempting to get to Gin before he realized the decoy was a decoy. A normal person would remain as quiet as they could be.

Terro was not normal.

"Gigantic Arm!!" He yelled as he tried to throw the giant fist. To his surprise though, his view of the world shifted, rushing past him, only stopping when he felt the his back slam against the ground. He had a stupid grin plastered on his face though. Gin was making use of his lessons! It made him feel pretty good deep down. "Nice job Gin!" He said as he flipped back up onto his feet. "You pulled that off flawlessly!" His stupid grin didn't leave his face. "Glad you were able to use one of our lessons!" His eyes then turned serious. "But hey, looks like I'm in range,"

He quickly took his stance, launching a palm with his unrocked hand at Gin's chest. Gin wasn't prepared for the punch, something Terro expected. "You're in range too, Dirt Brain! So shove it!" Terro still had his grin as Gin threw his fist, pivoting to the side to avoid it.

"True, true. You're becoming an all rounder at this rate. I shouldn't underestimate you in unarmed combat anymore," He commented as he drew back his fist like he was going to retaliate with a punch, but he quickly switched and went for a sweep at Gin's legs, trying to trip him up. Gin went for a counterattack, but fell for Terro's feint, falling straight onto his back. Gin quickly drew his fingers up to Terro, aiming, knowing there was no way Terro could react to light at this close of a range. 

"Yell-Burst!"

"Fudge," Terro muttered as the rings slammed into his face, causing him to be thrown back and fall on his back. He groaned and sat up, wiping some blood from his lip. "Okay, let's try this...," he placed his hands on the ground, the earth rumbling and making a dome around Gin in order to cover him up. That would buy him some time to breath, while also making Gin waste energy on escaping. That was the best plan Terro had right now.

Mike

"I've never encountered anyone like that." Valerie began. "But I suppose I'd...fight anyway. There's not really anything else I could do. Especially if it's something important." She looked directly at Mike. "Especially if there's a lot at stake you CAN'T lose. Even if there's no way for you to win you gotta win anyway. That's what a hero is supposed to be, I think. Someone who fights, who wins, even when they can't."

Mike thought about Kashyyk for a moment, and his upcoming fight with Akira. It was unlikely that encountering someone stronger in a fight he needed to win was going to stop any time soon, even if he had trained, graduated, and was a strong with his quirk as he possibly could be. And if every hero spent their time only coming across villains weaker than them, then what would the hero industry even look like?

Mike gave a smile. "Thanks, that helped a lot, actually." Unfortunately, his brain soon realized how weird that whole encounter must be. "S-sorry for barging in with something that heavy suddenly, though! I was just thinking through some stuff and couldn't find anyone else from my class. N-not that you were a bad option or anything!" Warning alarms in Mike's brain began to blare, and a total "abort" of the conversation was his only option left. "Anyways, I need to go get ready for my next match. G-good luck with your's!"

With that, Mike basically darted out of the door, making his way towards the stands. But by the sounds of the commentary on the fight, he might not get much time to watch what was left before he needed to get ready for his own.

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"You think this is gonna keep me in?!" Gin screeched, as he shot out his hands to the side.  His left arm was in extreme pain, but both of his hands glowed with yellow light.  His fingers fired off multiple rounds of the yellow rings that crashed into the dome.  He had to fire it off multiple times to even crack through, but he managed to make a hole for himself out of the back.  He rushed out, with the dust covering him.  He wasn't able to make out where Terro was.  With his fingers coated red, he spun around.  "Redvolver!"  He shouted, as small beams of Red Energy were released in an ominidirectional pattern.  However, his left arm gave out halfway through, as he grit his teeth.  The beams were hitting only the side of his left foot now.  He groaned, as he hiked the arm back into the air, firing randomly around him.

When the dome had went up, Terro took a moment to catch his breath. However, it was barely five seconds before Gin began to blast away at the dome. It took a little bit, but the Spectrum Shooter made his way out and began to fire off Redvolver in every single direction imaginable. Terro threw up a wall of stone to protect himself muttering under his breath as he saw the attack chip away at the wall he made. Thinking, he began to inch forward, repairing the wall with rubble around him. He had to try to get close and capitalize on the moment Gin exhausted himself.

Gin smirked, as his attacks were starting to whittle the shield easily.  But his smirk suddenly turned into a frown, when his left arm fell limp to the side.  Not to mention the guy was repairing his shield with the rubble from the ground.  This was a pain and a half!  With the enemy approaching, and his left arm useless, he growled.  However, his growl was turned into a roar, when all five of his right digits aimed at the big shield.  

"Gree.N.T.!"  Gin shouted, shooting two barrages of 5 green arrowheads towards Terro's advance.

Terro's eyes widened as he hear the cry of Gree.N.T. He knew his shield wasn't going to take that beating, so he smashed his palm into the back of the shield, launching it forward into the attack, allowing it to fly directly at Gin. Before the wall could get even close enough to Gin to cause worry however, the Gree.N.T exploded, causing debris to fly everywhere. Terro took this moment to dash at Gin. He knew he was leaving himself wide open and that dodging an attack wouldn't be easy, but the moment he got to Gin, he would do it. He would unleash his new finishing move.

Gin grit his teeth, as he saw the advancing mound of earth explode in between the two.  Rubble flew out to the sides.  With his left arm completely numb and useless, he had to budget the rest of his energy.  He couldn't shoot wildly into the debris like last time.  Instead, he backed off a bit, and waited for Dirt Brain to approach.  

"So what?!  You just gonna keep blocking all my attacks, LOSER?!  FACE ME LIKE A REAL HERO!"

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Hey, Omega Star..."The pro hero perked her head up, watching Asuka as she a crystal slowly made its way out of the girl's forearm. "You went to U.A. too, right? What was she like?  You know, her."

Ino took a long sip of her cola, before turning to Asuka with a smile.  

"Who's her?"  She said, nonchalantly.  She waited for a response that didn't come from either of them, prompting Ino to pout and rumble.  Instead, Omega Star looked a little miffed at the question, sighing as she was about to answer.

"I hated her."  She declared rather bluntly.  "She an' I totally bumped heads quite a few times...we're both leader types you know?  And she wasn't the one to back down from a scrap...even with me!  ME?!  Can you believe it?"  Omega Star grinned a little bit, as she looked back on those memories.  "I can tell you right now that I thought she'd turn out a bit better than what she did..." 

Ino looked at the two, confused.  Then, a light bulb popped in her head.

"Are you talking, about Asuka's mo-"  

"Hello!" 

The sudden interruption made Ino jump.  She looked behind her, and caught her breath.  

"Isami!  Didn't your parent's ever tell you it's rude to sneak up on girl's like that?!"  Omega Star laughed at the two, before beckoning Isami to sit down with them.  

"Don't worry, Tadachi!  The more the merrier as I see it."  Omega Star's eyes darted towards Asuka rather quickly.  "Although...I'm not sure if you'd like to talk about her still...the less people that know, the better, right?"  She smiled before turning her attention towards Isami again.  "Uhm...let's see...you're that druid boy right?!  Your sister and I have worked together before!  She's one of the heroes close here who can fly alongside me way up high!  HAHA!  But she can't fly as fast as me!  But then again, who really can?"  Omega Star laughed again, as she slammed the table, rumbling all the food around.  Ino cracked a weird smile, before leaning in closer to her classmates.  

"She really likes to brag, huh?"  She said while giggling.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

BKOdWHA.jpg?1

After Mike had left, Valerie would notice she had a rather large visitor walk in almost like a ghost.  

"Ah!  You're that last girl that got all FIRED UP in the last fight!?  GAHAHAHAHA! The cloaked figure trembled as it laughed.  "I got lost looking for the snack bar and wound up in the broken kid department!  But maybe I can get the most outta it!!!"  The cloaked figure swiftly placed a marker on Valerie's lap.  It happened so fast, almost as if in the blink of an eye.  Then the figure leaned in towards Valerie.  "Say, can I get your autograph!?  If you win this whole thing, my mask is gonna be worth buku dinero!  But hurry it up will ya, it's a little hot in here, and I got things to do!"  

lmHWTAK.png

"I hated her."

...eh? That wasn't entirely what Asuka had expected. She wasn't really sure what to expect, but the way Omega Star had so bluntly answered threw her off a bit.

"She an' I totally bumped heads quite a few times...we're both leader types you know?  And she wasn't the one to back down from a scrap...even with me!  ME?!  Can you believe it? I can tell you right now that I thought she'd turn out a bit better than what she did..."

That description... that was nothing like Asuka at all! At least she could take some form of comfort in that. Asuka had never been a leader, always more the type to do her part the way she was told, and if it was possible to avoid a fight, Asuka would definitely prefer to avoid it. It wasn't much in the face of the accusations she'd been given earlier, but Asuka was able to take at least a small amount of comfort knowing that she was indeed not like her mother.

"Are you talking, about Asuka's mo-"  

"Hello!"

And suddenly, Isami had arrived! Asuka was a bit thankful for his timing. She knew full well what Ino was asking, and she wasn't particularly raring to answer it. As Omega Star beckoned for the snake boy to take a seat, Ino commented on how it was rude to sneak up on girls like that. Asuka was pretty sure it was rude to sneak up on people regardless of gender, but didn't think it was worth mentioning.

"Don't worry, Tadachi!  The more the merrier as I see it. Although...I'm not sure if you'd like to talk about her still...the less people that know, the better, right?"

"I only wanted to ask the one question. We can drop that topic now."

"Uhm...let's see...you're that druid boy right?!  Your sister and I have worked together before!  She's one of the heroes close here who can fly alongside me way up high!  HAHA!  But she can't fly as fast as me!  But then again, who really can?"

"She really likes to brag, huh?"

"It could be an American thing," Asuka quietly suggested. At the very least, Asuka couldn't imagine her classmates being the boastful type if they were in the number-one spot like Omega Star. Most of them, anyway... Gin in particular came to mind. Asuka glanced to her phone, looking at the stream of the tournament. "Otoma and Kikyu are really going at it," she said, watching as attacks and defenses came and went. "It's kind of amazing to watch them fight when they're so evenly matched like it seems."

h1v7t2f.png

"Eh? I dunno... Reckon so. His Quirk uses light to attack, dunn'it?"

Come to think of it, Sayuri wasn't entirely certain how Gin's Quirk worked. Some of them were pretty simple, like her own Quirk simply transforming her body when she acquired it, or Ichiro's super strength. Others seemed a bit more complicated, like Mike's energy blasts or Gin's laser attacks. At the very least, it looked like he used light to attack. Would he be weaker at night then?

"What's a twat like him got so far up his ass, anyway? He's in the bloody Hero Course, is he not as big a sheep as the rest of ya? Or his he just as big a prick as Tomoaki? Hell, wolf-girl here's the SMART one out 'a all of yeh, not playin' around in this idiocy."

"It's too much effort for me to bother with, especially knowing I can't beat any of my classmates one-on-one in a flat arena. As for Gin, he's probably one of the stronger students in our class, but he has a terrible attitude." Sayuri thought back to the interaction they'd had earlier. IF there was one thing she took away from that, it was that Gin wasn't entirely a condensed ball of rage. Best to make a small addition to her assessment of Gin, if only for the sake of honesty. "...most of the time."

"See you in the finals!" Valerie called out to Mike as he left. He seemed like a good guy. While smacking up a jerk could be satisfying, Valerie wouldn't mind having a fight with someone so friendly. Not to mention it would feel pretty damn cool to be one of those "way stronger" people that he had to try and overcome.

She didn't get much time to watch the match when a large man slid his way into the room. "Gee I'm popular with guys I don't know today aren't I?" She said as the man asked for, of all things, her autograph.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as his swiftness, and familiarity, due to both being quite...out of place on this large, masked, man. But he was allowed to walk this place freely so he probably had been let in. For all she knew he was one of the staff members she hadn't met before. There was a slightly Mako-y vibe to him, after all.

"Ya know usually I wouldn't do favors for someone rushing me but how can I say no to this? If you want the future Top Hero's signature than by god you're gonna get it!"

In the back of her mind a scene from a couple years ago played out. Standing in front of them, clouds covering the sun, matching the mood nicely, as she spoke. "When I become the best you'll be the first to get my autograph, the autograph of the greatest hero in the world, that's my promise." She hadn't returned since. She'd thought about it but she still couldn't face them. Not yet. She was good. She was great, perhaps, but best...

Snapping back to reality Valerie took the marker. This was an autograph from the present Valerie. The promise was separate from this. So she leaned forward, noting how odd it was signing an object someone was wearing, and marking the mask with her autograph. She took note of the man's eyes, as she did, and something about them stuck with her. But the moment passed quickly as she leaned back and offered the man his marker back. "Be sure to keep cheering for me, uh, whoever you are. You won't be disappointed."

"So what?!  You just gonna keep blocking all my attacks, LOSER?!  FACE ME LIKE A REAL HERO!" Gin half screamed in rage, and half taunted. Terro had wanted to rush in this entire match, to disregard Gin's attacks and just attack him, but he knew it was better to be patient. He couldn't just blindly attack Gin, he had to make his big attack count. Gin was strong, yes, but when it came to physical endurance, Terro reigned supreme in the class. He had waited for Gin to wear himself out, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. That moment was now. 

"That's what I plan to do!" Terro responded as he suddenly ran over to Gin. "This move I developed, just for you... I'm betting everything on it!" He gritted his teeth as he finally got into range, he drew back his left fist, ready to slug Gin across the face. But before he launched his left fist, he quickly switched it up, using his right arm to launch an uppercut into Gin's stomach, and using his strength to quickly raise Gin into the air. 

"Shin!" He called out as he retracted his fist, winding up a bit before he spun around, keeping low to the ground before he popped up, smashing his left shoulder into Gin's gut and driving a falling Gin back into the air. Finally, he gathered the earth to his right fist again, making his giant rock fist as he spun around, the rock knuckles scraping across the ground before he unleashed one final uppercut into Gin's chin.

"Kohryuken!!" He finished his battle cry, panting as he watched Gin. The rock punch shattered Gin's helmet effortlessly, and Gin flew back through the air. The crowd roared at the display of such a combo attack, as Gin lay there for a moment, struggling to catch his breath, before rolling over to vomit.  It was a good thing that the helmet had reduced the damage from that last part...but it was still a walloping attack.

"You think... just cause... you made it for me... THAT IT'S GONNA BEAT ME?!" He said, finally sitting up, coughing in between words. Terro grinned.

"I think I'd be disappointed if it did," He commented before grunting a bit. His right arm now felt numb and sluggish, probably due to Ino and Gin's attacks, plus his own special moves. He let it drop to his side as he adjusted his stance so his left hand was the one facing out to Gin. "I wanna keep fighting you, but something tells me if we keep going, the teachers will stop us. Think you got one more move in you?" Terro asked, grinning. He was aiming to take out Gin in one shot, but his opponent managed to withstand it. Now, how would Gin respond?

Archived