Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Is'not worth gettin' so riled up over a tussle, ya idjit. One of 'em will walk out a' here, the other won't, big damn deal. Heroes thinkin' this shite is worth the damn time... After a bunch of people fuckin' DIED out in Kashykkk. But nah, they gotta have you run around and break yourself so we all have a laugh, don't they now? Work on not bein' a blind jackass a bit harder, will ya? UA is doin' a bunch 'a empty flexin,' tha's all it is."

Ichiro heard this, but didn't say a word. Right now, even if she was right, this was something he actually was impressed with. Luckily, at this point, Rei decided to try his own hand in dealing with the young lady.

"You seem to know quite a lot, miss Hadley." Rei said, glancing up at her. "But seems that you seem to not like UA and are quite judgy...after all, seems like most of these students happened to be practicing very hard after that incident." He turned back to face the fight, smiling. "Honestly, the way I see it...instead of pointing out the flaws in others...perhaps you need to have a little bit of faith in them. Who knows, they might surprise you. But what do I know, I'm just a Quirkless guy who's supporting his younger brother..."

The fight continued onward as now things were getting even more interesting between Gin and Terro. Ichiro was on the edge of his seat, watching the display they were giving. Man...they really improved... he thought, his fist clenching tightly on his leg.

"Shin! Kohryuken!!"

It was a giant rock fist that Terro formed and immediately struck at Gin knocking him back and away. And like nothing, Gin was back up, both apparently preparing for that final strike.

"C'mon Terro..." Ichiro muttered, nodding his head a bit. "C'MON KOHRYU!!!!" he shouted out his friend's hero name.

Heh, with the exception of some...looks like you finally got yourself some friends, Ichiro. And they might just help you get corralled in the right direction. Rei thought with a smirk, having quite a chip on his shoulder that his brother was like this now.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s06t3UC.png

Isami seemed to have walked in during some sort of conversation, as Ino jumped in surprise. "Isami!  Didn't your parent's ever tell you it's rude to sneak up on girl's like that?!" The boy simply chuckled, shrugging at Ino before turning to Omega Star, who was signalling him to sit down. 

"Don't worry, Tadachi!  The more the merrier as I see it."  Omega Star's eyes darted towards Asuka quickly as Isami took a seat next to her.  "Although...I'm not sure if you'd like to talk about her still...the less people that know, the better, right?"

"I only wanted to ask the one question. We can drop that topic now." Whatever conversation he had walked into, it seemed to be over. He wasn't sure what it was, but considering how quickly they dropped it and Ino's reaction, it was probably more girl talk. Isami felt a bit relieved; he wouldn't have to cover his ears again. Omega Star turned back to Isami.

"Uhm... let's see... you're that druid boy right?!" Isami nodded his head. "Your sister and I have worked together before!" Isami's eyes lit up, although he was aware that she had worked with his sister before. In fact, he remembered how excited she had been to work so closely to her idol when she got home the first day she was with the hero. "She's one of the heroes close here who can fly alongside me way up high!  HAHA!  But she can't fly as fast as me!  But then again, who really can?"

"Woah! I thought my sister was the fastest flier ever!" Isami said, starry eyed as he looked at Omega Star. "You must be like... like... super duper fast, or something! No wonder my sister admires you so much." He said in awe. He thought about where his sister was now... she said she'd be busy with work today, but that she'd watch the matches on her phone. He hoped he could do her proud.

Hadley avoided Rei's gaze, glaring down at the battlefield. "How can I have faith in anyone when they're beholden to UA?" she asked tiredly. "It doesn't matter how hard any of us push ourselves... Y'all are lyin' ta yerselves if ye think this..." She gestured down at the fight between Gin and Terro, watching Gin get knocked back, his helmet shattering, wincing as he turned over to vomit. "If ye think this is for ya'selves. It's for UA. Being a good hero doesn't matter, it's just LOOKIN' like one, innit?"

"Besides... even aside from tha' ye get pricks like Tomoaki; Doesn't matter how badly you want to help if someone who doesn't have a care in tha world can walk in and take everythin' from ya. He's going ta win; Y'all know that, right?" She asked with finality. "And he won't deserve it, not a bit."

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"One more...In me?"  Gin grit his teeth, finally getting back up to his feet.  His left arm dangled loosely towards his side, as a sick grin met his face.  "Yeah.  I think I've got one more in me.  But I don't think you're gonna like it.  Hell.  I don't even know what it's gonna do to you."  Gin took his right arm, and grabbed his left, forcing it into the crease of it.  He then shaped both arms in a way that made an X shape across his chest.  "I was saving this one for my old man...but I guess this is as good a time as any...If I can't get past you, then what's the point, EH!?"  HIs arms began to grow an insanely dark color, like looking into a void.  His words almost escaped him, as the pain was almost to much to bare.  

"X-Caliber." 

Gin roared, as an enormous black X, highlighted with a shimmering white light, was shot out from his arms, sending him flying back across the stage.  It tore through the stage like butter, as it travelled towards Terro.  Terro's eyes widened as he saw the X-Caliber fly towards him, tearing through the stage like butter. That stage was his shield, and Gin's attack made it as if it wasn't even there. An attack neither his powers or his martial arts could defeat...

He felt slow... His heart racing, telling him to move, but his body barely listened. He knew it was too big to avoid, and a shield wouldn't help him here. He could feel the heat of the attack as it neared closer to him. His arm began to tremble, causing him to look at it. It wasn't of excitement... no, it was fear... only one other thing had made him feel this way...

He never expected Gin would make him feel like he did facing down Wendigo.

While the X traveled across the stage, a giant cube of sand Blocked it's path, but was cut through almost instantaneously .  Suna had traveled from the side of the stage, and in front of Terro in the blink of an eye.  Sand block after sand block, the attack sliced through them all.  The audience was lost for words, and the only sound in the stadium could be heard coming from the large attack.  It was then that a loud crashing noise was heard, as President Glory jumped from his sky box down to the stadium floor in front of Suna.  He had instantly created a giant metal shield from his forearm that dug itself into the stage.  Glory groaned, as more of the same shield stacked on top of the first.    

The X crashed into the top shield, melting through it just as easily as it had the sand.   The sizzling sound of metal vaporizing filled the air.  The attack did this for quite some time, until it finally exploded into a wave of heat, just stopping short of Principal Glory's second to last shield.  With both Glory, and Suna huffing, Mako stood on the outskirts of the stand.  

"He made quick work of the Mythril Bulwark."  Glory said, dumbfounded.    

"Damn kid.  What're you tryin' to prove."  Mako walked onto the stage, and over to Gin, who was knocked unconscious from his own attack.  He had almost knocked himself out of the ring with that attack.  Every pore on the boy's arm was bleeding profusely.  "Gin Otoma is Disqualified!  Terro Khikyu is the victor!"

Suna had caught his breath, before looking at Terro.  

"What did I tell you kids?"  He said with a sigh.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

"Woah! I thought my sister was the fastest flier ever!" Isami said, starry eyed as he looked at Omega Star. "You must be like... like... super duper fast, or something! No wonder my sister admires you so much."

"Haha!  Your sister sure did think so!  She got cocky, and challenged me to a race!"  Omega Star flexed both arms and smiled.  "But she just became a dot in my rear-view!  HAHA!"  Omega Star then put her elbow on the table, ready to grip Isami's hand.  "Now...are you the same type as your sister?  Or are you smart enough not to challenge me!?"  She laughed, cockily, with a sly smile plastered on her face.  

At the mention of the fight, Ino turned to a monitor in the food court, only to see the aftermath of the match.  A giant scar in the stadium could be seen, and Gin lay unconscious on the ground.  Apparently, Terro had won...but judging by the mess that was made, it seemed by only a technicality.  Either way, Ino sighed in relief.  Terro had gotten through to the next round!  She was happy that the guy who had taken her out was able to keep on going.  

"Looks like things are getting serious huh?"  She nodded to Asuka.  "Next is....Akira and Mike, right?"  Ino shivered, but it was hard to tell if it was that or just her skin vibrating.  "I don't wanna think what could happen there."  

A ringtone began to play, as Ino looked for whose it could be.  She was surprised to see Omega Starr whip out her phone in such a hurry.  She made a pouting groan.  

"What is it?"  Ino questioned.  

"Prison Break in the Yavin District..."  She shrugged.  "That's not too far...but I think the heroes there have everything under control."  Ino was concerned about Omega Star's casualness with a crime such as a prison break.  Was she so cocky that the job was too easy.    

"Shouldn't you go check?  Maybe they need your help!"  Ino vocalized her concern. 

Star looked to Ino, and smiled.  

"You know what?  Maybe you're right!  What kind of hero would I be if I ignored any action?!"  Omega Star spun around rapidly, changing into her hero costume.  "I bet you kids will do great next year!  Until then, I'll see you in the big leagues!"  Omega Star burst through the food court, sending small objects and the like flying about.  Ino sighed.  

"I wonder if she's a good idol for us..."

HQiOaTA.png?1

"Ya know usually I wouldn't do favors for someone rushing me but how can I say no to this? If you want the future Top Hero's signature than by god you're gonna get it!"

The red eyes piercing through mask began to glare at Valerie even more. 

"Top...hero...huh?"  A slight slurping sound could be heard under the mask.  

"Be sure to keep cheering for me, uh, whoever you are. You won't be disappointed."

The figure turned his back in an instant.  

"Just be sure to win so this mask will be worth millions, will ya!?!  GAHAHAHAHAHA!"  The cloaked figure ran off in a hurry, leaving Valerie alone in the room.  

lmHWTAK.png

"Woah! I thought my sister was the fastest flier ever! You must be like... like... super duper fast, or something! No wonder my sister admires you so much."

"Haha!  Your sister sure did think so!  She got cocky, and challenged me to a race! But she just became a dot in my rear-view!  HAHA! Now...are you the same type as your sister?  Or are you smart enough not to challenge me!?"

While Ino and Omega Star were discussing a prison break in the Yavin District - something the latter seemed to not be taking nearly seriously enough - Asuka looked in awe at the aftermath of Gin and Terro's fight. So far, it felt as if everyone was capable of some incredible feat at the end of the fight. A finishing move, one could say. Akira had his Macross Buster, Terro and Gin respectively had their Shin Kohryuken and X-Caliber. It was becoming clearer and clearer that if Asuka wanted to get anything done as a real hero, she'd have to step up her game. Big time. And the next fight was between Mike and Akira, too. The fights were just getting more and more intense, weren't they?

"I wonder if she's a good idol for us..."

As Ino pondered on Omega Star's quality as a role model, Asuka was more interested in the fight about to unfold. "Maybe not," she commented. As the number-one hero, didn't Omega Star have a certain standard of quality to hold herself up to as both a hero and as a person? She was boastful, overly confident, and didn't seem like the type to want to work on new ways to use or boost her power, even if what she already had was pretty impressive. Asuka ate down the last of her ramen, reassured by Omega Star's earlier comments about a young Bloodstone and how different she was from Asuka herself. When she was finished, the would-be Gemstone Hero stood up.

"We should head back to U.A. before any more trouble finds us here." She wasn't particularly eager to have another run-in with Quirkless citizens that accused Asuka of being the very thing she wanted to stop, just because she had the same Quirk as the very specific person she especially wanted to stop. "Sorry, Kobayashi. I'll buy you something on the way back to make up for it."

h1v7t2f.png
"X-Caliber."

Sayuri was, simply put, shocked to see the end of the fight between Gin and Terro. She'd never imagined his Quirk was capable of such a destructive attack, but the toll it had on his body seemed to be pretty dire. From what she could see, the boy was bleeding from just about everywhere a person could bleed from. Sayuri couldn't quite smell it from the stands, but the thought made her uneasy. Whatever happened with her in Kashyyyk, it wasn't something she was proud of, and she didn't want it to happen again. She still hadn't asked her parents about her reaction to that blood smell. When I get home. Get groceries, maybe bake something - cookies sound nice - then ask mom & dad about that irreSisTIBLE... ask them about the blood thing.

Right now, though, Sayuri had a mission. Terro - though a bit beaten up - seemed mostly fine. Nothing that he couldn't shake off, right? Gin, on the other hand, seemed to be in a much worse state. It was a good idea to check up on him. With food, probably. Something sweet and cold, like...

The wolf girl tapped Ichiro's shoulder, and signed out a rather simple question. I'm buying some ice cream. Do you want some too?

"Hm? Oh uh...sure I guess." Ichiro said, snapping out of the general shock he felt from this whole situation. "Um...do you want some help?"

Just ask Hadley if she wants some too. The battery on my speech device is running low.

Hadley looked at the pair like they had grown lobster claws from their heads, taken aback. "Wha... Ice cream? Why?" she asked, thrown by the sudden change in subject. Hadley took a deep breath, exasperation obvious. But then she looked up at the large screen mounted in the arena. It was showing the competitors for the next match. Two large pictures of their faces were being projected onto it, one of them being Akira's. At the sight of his face, Hadley's entire body tightened visibly, imperceptibly shaking with indignation.

"Fuckit. Otoma's out, means I don't have to watch this shitshow any longer. Sure, I'll go. But I'm payin' fer myself," she adamantly stated, though she wasn't looking at the pair as aggressively. She uncrossed her legs, standing quickly, striding ahead of the pair towards the top of the stands and the exits, her steps long and fast.
iU8EggM.png
With both Ichiro and Hadley in tow, Sayuri had located and led the way to the ice cream stall currently located on school grounds. Along the way, Sayuri had made a point to ask (read: told Ichiro to ask) what flavor of ice cream Hadley liked. As it turned out, she liked mint chocolate chip. Sayuri even made note of it on her trusty whiteboard. When the group arrived, with no line to her surprise, Sayuri set her whiteboard down on the counter for the young man working there to see.

1 mint chocolate chip (the other girl wants to pay for it)
2 chocolate in the little plastic bowls, one with rainbow sprinkles
1 lemon in a little plastic bowl
whatever the boy behind me wants; he's paying for it
also some sort of tray if you have one

The boy gave her a confused look for a bit, as if it made more sense to just verbally ask for her order, but he seemed to shrug it off fairly quickly. He got to work, and soon, four delicious servings of ice cream were laid out, on a makeshift tray that was really just a piece of a cardboard box the boy had torn off to accomodate Sayuri's request. Sayuri handed the cone of mint chocolate chip to Hadley, gave the boy the amount of money for three ice creams, then erased her whiteboard. She wrote down a couple of sentences, then turned, holding the whiteboard up for Ichiro in particular to see.

I'll pay for yours when you can win a fight without breaking your arms. Hope you brought your wallet.

With that, she erased her whiteboard again, bowed politely to the ice cream boy, then took her cardboard tray and casually walked away, in the general direction of the infirmary.
iU8EggM.png
The inside of the building was nice and cool. Perfect for letting the ice cream not turn into a melted goopy mess. In fact, by the time Sayuri arrived at the infirmary, where Gin was resting up after knocking himself out with that X-Caliber attack. To her mild surprise, he was already awake, but rather unsurprisingly, his arms were all bandaged up. They looked pretty bad. Would he even be able to eat this ice cream? Sayuri pulled up two chairs near Gin's bed, sitting in the one directly next to him, and putting the cardboard "tray" of ice cream on a seat she'd placed just out of Gin's reach. In case he started thrashing about.

That X-Caliber attack was really impressive, she signed. But if you knew it would do this to you, it was also really stupid. Also, I brought ice cream, because I thought something sweet might help you recover. I didn't know what flavor you like, so I just bought chocolate. Before handing Gin his ice cream, however, Sayuri had to do two things. First, take a bite of her own. Lemon-flavored, her favorite, even if Sayuri didn't really like actual lemons. Due to the thin coat of fur covering her body, a fair bit of the tasty yellow snack clung to the area around her mouth, despite her best efforts otherwise.

Second, ask Gin if he could even eat it himself with his arms like that. And so, the wolf girl set her ice cream back down, and signed Can you even use your arms to eat the ice cream though? They look pretty bad.

Soon after the match ended, Terro was taken to the infirmary, where he sat, staring as he watched Nurse Neko stab her claws into his right arm, restoring the feeling to it, and honestly making it feel brand new. "Wow, that's pretty amazing," Terro commented as he flexed his arm, testing it. "That's a really useful quirk... I can go all out without worrying how my body ends up,"

"Yeah unless you die." Nurse Neko placed her hands on her hips. "It isn't easy on me either you know...I can't just make these fluids out of nothing!" She sighed. "I won't...I can't always be there to help...so don't go relying on me too much."  She tapped Terro's arm, and winked. "My Quirk doesn't work on vaporized students."

"Oh yeah... I didn't think of that," Terro muttered, rubbing his head. "Sorry, that was a bit insensitive of me," He slid off of the bed, flexing his arm once more. "So, how's Gin?" At the mention of his name, she recoiled back a bit.  

"Oh..as soon as he was conscious, he began to throw quite the tantrum.  I'm glad I decided to stick him while he was still sleeping...but he really did a number on his arms.  He must not be used to whatever it was he did."

"Yeah, I doubt he could use a move like that just anywhere...," Terro muttered. "Well, I'm off to see him. See you!" He called, waving as he walked to the door. 

"Alright Terro!  Have a good next mat-WAIT!!!" Nurse Neko raced to the door and blockaded it. "I forbid you from seeing that boy!  It could set him off like a bomb if he sees you!" She shuddered at the thought. "What I'm saying is...now might not be the best time to see him. I don't wanna have to go sticking you two again..."

"Huh? Why would it do that?" He asked, tilting his head. "Gin's my friend. Sure, we're rough on each other, but it's not like he's going to try to kill me again," He said, grinning dumbly and waving his hand as if he was brushing her concerns away. Nurse Neko raised her hand to her face, as a single claw unsheathed itself, it glistened with malign intent.  

"If you insist on going to visit your friend... I'm going to have to sedate you until your next match!"  She laughed, as her brow twitched.

Terro nodded, slowly squeezing past Nurse Neko. "Well, you have a good day!" He said as he walked away from the room. He sighed to himself, heading down the hallway, rubbing his neck. "What should I do now then...?" He really wanted to see Gin, but Nurse Neko was against it to an extreme amount. It didn't really set well with him. He could go see the next fight but... he couldn't just sit down. Besides, he was next after Akira and Mike anyways. He walked down the halls, heading to the arena. He would just sit on the edges again and watch them fight. But... no one said he couldn't take the long way.

s06t3UC.png

"Haha!  Your sister sure did think so!  She got cocky, and challenged me to a race!" Omega Star flexed both arms and smiled.  "But she just became a dot in my rear-view!  HAHA!" Isami stared at the hero in awe. He had always wondered why his sister was so keen on getting faster. "Now...are you the same type as your sister?  Or are you smart enough not to challenge me!?"

"H-Huh?" Isami was caught off guard by the women's sudden invitation. "I'm not sure what you've got in mind, but... " He hesitated for a second, unsure if he could handle whatever Omega Star had in mind. Then he remembered his sister, and nodded his head. He wasn't going to get anywhere if he didn't push himself, right? "Sure! Sounds like fun." He said gleefully, mimicking Omega Star and grabbing her hand. As he did he felt the women's grip on his. While it didn't hurt, it was definitely a firm grip - there was no going back now. "So... what are we gonna-" 

Before he could finish his sentence, a phone rang. More specifically, Omega Star's phone rang, as she let go of Isami's hand. Apparently there was a prison break in the Yavin District. After a bit of pushing by Ino, Omega Star left to deal with it. "I wonder if she's a good idol for us..."

Isami simply shrugged. "I mean she's a hero, right?" He said, starting to eat a bit of rice from his rice bowl. The relatively small rice bowl, of course, being the only thing on Isami's platter. "She has the bravery to face off against danger, plus confidence is good. Even if she might have a bit much of it..."

As Isami was finishing his small meal, Asuka got up. "We should head back to U.A. before any more trouble finds us here." Isami was confused. Had something happened? He hadn't encountered any trouble when getting here. Asuka turned to Isami. "Sorry, Kobayashi. I'll buy you something on the way back to make up for it."

"Oh no, don't worry about it." Isami said, getting up from his own seat. "Spending time with my friends is more than enough."

HE70W3a.jpg?1

The last thing he remembered...he was staring Terro down on that field...his arms crossed.  Then the attack went off, and his consciousness slipped from him.  Now, he sat in his bed, staring blankly at the wall.  The intermission was still on the television, showing the current bracket.  Terro had won.  Terro had managed to block that attack somehow.  How?  He couldn't rewind live television...and if he could his arms couldn't even move to do it.  He felt absolutely sick to his stomach, as his retinas twitched around in annoyance.  Was he truly that weak that he couldn't even kick that friggin' rock off the side of the road?!  Gin screamed at the top of his lungs.  He thrashed about in the bed, his bandaged arms loosely flying about without feeling.  He could feel something trying to breach the surface, but he held it back. 

Then she stepped in the room. 

His eyes went from the wall, straight to her. 

That X-Caliber attack was really impressive, she signed. But if you knew it would do this to you, it was also really stupid. Also, I brought ice cream, because I thought something sweet might help you recover. I didn't know what flavor you like, so I just bought chocolate.  Can you even use your arms to eat the ice cream though? They look pretty bad.  

As he glared at her, his teeth were grinding behind his closed mouth.

"You think...Ice Cream...Is gonna make me feel BETTER?!"  He yelled, trying to toss something at her, but his arm flailed about uselessly.  Gin struggled to catch his breath for a second, as he hung on the rail nearest to Sayuri.  He couldn't rattle it with his hands, so instead he bit down on it ferociously.  Another yell escaped from him.  "I can't believe....I lost..."  He said, a mixture of growling and quivering.  He looked at the girl, with his eyebrows furrowed in intense anger.  He then looked at Sayuri, as if he hadn't noticed she was there the whole time, only now seeing her.  The ice cream was there, in between them.  Chocolate.  It was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for him...she even complimented him on his latest attack...and here he was yelling at her, trying to destroy his bed.  He turned away from her, staring at the wall again.  "Obviously I can't use my arms to eat...I'd probably just yak it all up anyways."  He looked down at his arms.  The thoughts raced through his mind.  The tag team game of chicken...Wendigo...why did he keep losing?!  It was so insufferable...

Maybe that's why he joined the other side...

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

Asuka had suggested they all leave the mall together, and head back to U.A.  Ino nodded in agreement, and Isami gave a really sweet sentiment that made her heart skip a beat for a moment.  It took a little bit, but they had gotten back to the Tournament Stadium.  For now, the whole place was in standby.  The Arena was being swapped out once again, in preparation for the next match.  Until then, a crowd had gathered outside, where many activities were still going on.  

"Oh!  I have an idea!  Let's go on a carnival ride!"  Ino said, pointing at one of the many obligatory rides one would see at this kind of affair.  The ones that could be put up quick, fast, and in a hurry.  Ino in particular pointed at a rather large Ferris wheel.  "Let's go on that one!"  She said, bouncing up and down.  "Maybe we can even sneak a peak at the next match from the top!"  

HQiOaTA.png?1

As Terro walked through the halls, he would be greeted with a rather familiar voice. 

"Yo, Khikyu!"  Tempest shouted from behind.  "I was gonna come visit you!  Congratulate you on your win...even if it's just by technicality!"  The hero laughed.  "But you put up a hell of a fight!  You were really able to maneuver around that Otoma kid's attacks!  Now if that ain't my lessons in action coming through, then I don't know what is!"  

Outside, the Stadium began to pick up a loud noise once again, as the arena stage began to overturn in preparation for the next match.  Madam Mic could be heard on the loudspeakers all throughout the stadium.  

"May I have your attention please, everyone?  Turn your attention to the monitors, as we prepare to update the Bracket!"  On every screen that was showing the Tournament feed, the bracket updated itself, shoving the winners of the previous round into the next.  

WWT79bW.png

"We now ask that the next two contestants, Mike Rosenfield and Akira Tomoaki, please take the stage!"  The crowd boomed, cheering for the announced names.  All eyes had been on these two from the start, as they had displayed tons of promise in their previous matches.  Whatever the outcome, this fight was going to be positively electric.  Suna and Mako waited in the middle to greet the two.  Once the contestants met their, Mako and Suna stepped outwards, both raising a hand in the air.  

"LET THE MATCH...BEGIN!"

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

"X-Caliber"

Akira leaned forward in his seat, his eyebrows raised at the incredible show of force. Based on the rock-thrower's reaction, this was something nobody had seen before, a surprise finisher. It was clear that the scale of the attack was far beyond anything else shown so far in the tournament, taking a combined effort of both their teacher and the school's own principal to halt. With his elbow on his knee, Akira cradled his face in one hand, covering his mouth. In that moment, he doubted that even he could block such an attack, no matter how much time he had to concentrate up a barrier. Was he trying to kill his opponent?

As the two were taken off of the battlefield, presumably to treat their injuries, given how rough the fight had been on the both of them, Akira saw his own face up on the screen. Just two more fights and he would be done with this stupid-ass tournament. He rose to his feet quietly, walking back up the stadium steps to make his way to his starting position. A million thoughts flew through his head, as he sorted through all the things he had seen that morning. Everyone else had been showing off what they could do, undoubtedly surpassing the limits of what others thought they could do, as well as their own perceived limitations. The talkative girl using her quirk so hard that it knocked her out, the snake trying his hardest to win even when he knew he couldn't, Gin so desperate to win that he was willing to destroy both himself and his opponent. According to chatter around him, some girl apparently even set herself on fire. As he walked, many passers-by attempted to engage him, asking for an autograph or some inspirational quote before his fight, but Akira walked past each and every one of them without a passing glance. They are all too enamored with this "Max Omega" bullshit that they don't realize how stupid it all is.

c9SYpcu.png

Akira stood in the narrow hallway that led into the main arena stage, just far back enough that he was outside of view. Semi-finals. He didn't expect to get this far. Not for lack of ability, but simply because he had very little interest in the tournament. The point of it was hardly one of true competition. The whole thing was simply to put on a show, to gather publicity for the growing heroes, as well as to put each student's name forward for agencies to consider ahead of time. It may as well have been a talent show. Akira sighed quietly, adjusting his sunglasses a bit before pulling his hood up and over his head. The whole thing was pointless. With a quirk like his, he didn't need to show off. But… he had already started, so stopping now would just look weak.

“Time to turn some heads.”

Taking a deep breath, Akira closed his eyes. Focus, he thought to himself. Once again, just as at the start of his fight against Isami, golden stripes appeared running down his sleeves, albeit with far greater intensity than before. While before, he had been preparing to attack at only a moment's notice, his singular goal this time was to cultivate an image. Anyone looking from the stands toward the hallway in which Akira was located would see the light begin to spill out onto the arena floor, almost as if a yellow floodlight was being shone out of it. On his back, a pair of stylized stars appeared, mimicking the system for which he named himself. 

Opening his eyes once again, Akira stepped forward into full view of the crowd, gilded in light. The response was more or less what he had expected: a combination of applause and boos. The sheer force of the outburst from the thousands of spectators hit Akira like a bus, but he stood his ground, basking in the glory and glistening like the sun.

None of them mattered.

Akira focused his vision directly forward, seeing his opponent, Michael Rosenfeld, step into view of the audience, eliciting another roar from the crowd. Briefly turning his attention up to the huge screen, he saw the image change from photos of the two of them, announcing the match, to side-by-side live feeds of the soon-to-be combatants. After about a dozen paces, he had reached his starting position. He swam through thoughts of how the fight would go, planning around what he had seen his opponent do in previous rounds. Everything else was muffled as he focused solely on Mike, who stood in front of him, loosely stretching. A hand on Akira's shoulder pulled him out of his almost trance-like state, as he turned to see Suna looking down at him. "Try to take this seriously. You might have been able to get as far as you've gotten off of innate talent, but that's only going to last so long."

Akira simply shrugged the hand off his shoulder, turning his attention back to Mike. He took a long, deep breath before addressing him. “In your previous match, you managed to overcome muscular paralysis purely through the use of your quirk. That is particularly impressive power control,” Akira bemused, “unfortunately, by this point I imagine you've caught on to the fact of the matter…” as he trailed off, the strips of light along his arms and back slowly faded, unlike the typical ‘shattering’ his constructs underwent when he ceased to keep them up. Their disappearance was measured, and deliberate, as the intensity of the light in his eyes grew in turn, now clearly piercing through the tint of his glasses. “You and I are on completely different levels.”

“You know I play sports, right? Well I did before coming to U.A. Any time I played in a major competition, there’s always a richer, bigger school that has a fancier record than mine. Sometimes they’d say the same thing to us, and you know what happened?” Mike took a fighting stance and charged up his suit, the green lights that ran between the silver plates and red suit glowing a more and more brilliant colour. “They’d lose just like the rest.”

"LET THE MATCH...BEGIN!"

h1v7t2f.png

"You think...Ice Cream...Is gonna make me feel BETTER?!"

Sayuri couldn't help but flinch as the volume of Gin's voice shot up like it did, but otherwise paid no real mind to his thrashing. It wasn't like he could really do anything in his current state. While she waited for Gin to settle down, Sayuri took down another tasty spoonful of lemon ice cream. The little plastic spoons and bowls were always preferable to her instead of cones. Ice cream cones had a bad habit of getting stuck on or between her fangs, and then it would bother her all day.

"Obviously I can't use my arms to eat...I'd probably just yak it all up anyways."

I figured not. Good thing I got him the bowl instead of the cone. After taking another small bite of her own ice cream, Sayuri set hers down. She took a moment to unfasten the speech device from her left arm, fastening it instead of her right arm. Then, she picked up the chocolate ice cream. As tempting as it was to try and sneak a spoonful for herself, Sayuri would have preferred not to eat anything chocolate. She had no idea what it would do to her; if she'd react normally or more like a dog. This was definitely not the time or place to find out, either. Instead, Sayuri scooped out a small spoonful, and extended it in Gin's direction, tapping his arm with her free hand to get his attention. He didn't have eyes in the back of his head, after all. Then she began typing into her speech device, though trying to do so with her off-hand, she did have to pause to correct herself when she got some words wrong.

"I can't eat this stuff, and I'm not abroad... no, about, to let it go to waste. I can fear... no, feed, you, but this is a one-time thing. If you ruin your arms again, you'll need to get a stripe... straw. Typing like this is hard."

lmHWTAK.png

"Oh no, don't worry about it. Spending time with my friends is more than enough."

What a sweet sentiment. It made Asuka smile, as the three of them left the mall. The trip back to U.A. didn't seem all that troublesome. Maybe because there were three of them? Or maybe because their Quirks weren't revealed in public like earlier?

iU8EggM.png

Whatever the cause, Asuka, Ino, and Isami found themselves on the school grounds once again. They were currently between fights, with the arenas being swapped out for the next fight after the damages Terro and Gin had caused. In the meantime, Ino seemed to have her attention elsewhere.

"Oh! I have an idea! Let's go on a carnival ride! Let's go on that one! Maybe we can even sneak a peak at the next match from the top!"

Asuka looked where Ino was pointing. A ferris wheel. And not exactly a small one, either. That sounds nice. But... Asuka looked back to the girl standing next to her. Her eyes shifted between Ino and the ferris wheel several times, as Asuka thought about just what she was about to get herself into. A ferris wheel ride with Ino. It almost feels like kind of a gamble. If Ino can keep her vibrations under control, it will be a perfectly safe and fine trip on a ferris wheel. If her Quirk goes out of control to a large enough extent, though... I'm not entirely sure I want to think about the damage she could cause. But that was part of why the staff was here, right? To keep the tournament and its activities safe?

"Sure. Let's ride the ferris wheel." Asuka still looked hesitant about the whole thing, as she and the other two students headed toward the ferris wheel. Hopefully nothing went wrong with this otherwise-innocent carnival ride. In the meantime, Asuka paid attention both to the space in front of her, and to the phone in her hand. Something deep in her gut told her that the fight between Mike and Akira - just now starting - would be one to watch and remember.

Akira vs. Mike

Akira lifted a hand in front of him, as if he were staring at his own palm, his expression briefly appearing less bored than usual. “You and Asuka are close, right? Of course, you are both the type to be polite to anyone, but it seems to go above and beyond with each other. Maybe there is something more to the relationship?” His brow furrowed slightly, as he focused on what he wanted to create. “Hard Light: Sunstone.”

“W-well, I wouldn’t say, I mean it’s only been a few weeks, and I don’t--” Mike allowed himself to get flustered at Akira’s statement, but his attention was soon snapped back to reality as he watched what Akira was doing with his quirk.

Just as Akira had done before privately during his conversation with Asuka, golden recreations of her quirk's crystals appeared in the air surrounding him, though this time he stopped after having made two dozen of them. “It's a neat trick, huh? A far cry from my Macross Buster, but… it will have to do.” As he finished his sentence, he quickly lowered his arm to point loosely toward Mike, sending each of the twenty-four projectiles hurtling toward him. As they flew, each crystal constantly swerved back and forth, their speed and trajectory constantly changing so as to make their paths more difficult to predict.

Mike watched the crystals for a moment, and as he saw the jerky movement he realized he wasn’t going to be able to predict exactly where they were going. All he knew was that the goal was to hit him. Mike bent his legs, and with a bright flash of energy was launched high into the air. The ground exploded below him in a cloud of concrete dust, but not all the crystals were aimed for exactly where he was. As Mike launched himself into the air, some of the crystals changed directions and adapted to where he was going. Using his arms, legs, and the jet on his back Mike changed directions mid-air, zipping up, down, left and right in a trail of brilliant, neon green.

Light crystals shot at Mike from all directions, many coming from below but several pausing mid-air to take a second stab at him. This mid-air dance went on for only a brief while, before Mike had closed enough of the gap between himself and Akira to take aim.

“Emerald Comet!” Mike cried, letting out a strong burst of energy and sending himself from mid-air like a streaking green bullet directly for Akira’s position.

A hint of a smirk played itself on Akira's face as his opponent dove at him. Not fast enough. Dropping himself down to a crouch, he twisted his outstretched hand into a grip. Though physical movements weren't needed for his quirk, they helped him to focus. The crystals darting through the air exploded into a rain of sparkling light, brightly flashing all around Mike. Though they would have no physical impact against him, they would serve to dazzle Mike for the split second it took for Akira to prepare his next attack.

Akira shifted his focus slightly behind him, as a small pair of glowing golden circles appeared on ground, one of them directly underneath his feet, and the other about ten feet back. The first pad quickly extended upward and back into a short pillar, only a few feet tall, but did so with enough force to propel him backward, away from Mike's attack, so that he landed on the second, which pushed him about twenty feet up into the air with a similar mechanism. He skidded slightly on his landing, still familiarizing himself with the technique he had seen Terro use to increase his own mobility.

Extending his right arm down toward Mike, his defensive action hopefully having created enough confusion for this to work as a sneak attack. He pointed at the boy with two fingers, his thumb pointed upward like the hammer of a pistol. Though he wasn't afforded the opportunity to see Gin’s reaction in the moment, he would have paid to. Shouting as loudly and mockingly angrily as he could, he slammed his thumb downward, just as he had done to antagonize Gin earlier that day, “Snipe Hunter!” A continuous beam of hard light fired from the tips of his fingers, aiming toward Mike's center of mass.

Mike only had a brief moment to regain his bearings after he had landed, cursing the helmet that covered his face as he was incapable of wiping the tears from his eyes and was forced to be okay with just blinking them away. Akira’s light-gun hit Mike square in the chest, and Mike reacted at first expecting it to hurt a lot more than it actually did, but was instead surprised to find something gripping his chest. Long, stretched-out fingers coiled around Mike’s midsection, with a glowing gold arm extending all the way up to Akira's real wrist. As he finally blinked the last of his tears away, he could see Akira pulling himself in more closely, and Mike just smiled.

Feigning that he was still bewildered from the bright light and the missed attack, Mike let Akira pull himself in closer. Just as Akira was too close to back away from the attack, Mike sprung into action and released a powerful burst of energy from several ports in his armor, pushing his body into a swift, spiraling upper-cut spun with neon-green energy. “Shomidoken!!” Mike shouted once more as he sent his fist directly in the path of Akira’s chin.

As he reeled himself downward toward Mike, Akira brought his free hand back, winding up for his own attack. A bulky gauntlet of light appeared around his fist, matching the size and shape of those worn by the strange, red-eyed girl he had recently met. Threads of light wove themselves around his arm, all the way up to his shoulder, multiplying and expanding to build up the mass of the entire arm, matching the size of the gauntlet. The sudden burst of force broke Mike free from the grapple, as he mounted his counterattack, but Akira didn't care. “Ryuseiken!!” Akira’s armored fist slammed downward, meeting his opponent's at the midway point between the two.

In the split second when their fists met, the two combatants were concealed from view by a giant flash of light, split between yellow and green. As the audience blinked and rubbed their eyes to recover their vision, the center of the arena would still be hidden from view, covered by a large cloud of dust from the impact between the two.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

Ichiro followed Sayuri from the ice cream stand, after paying for his own Neapolitan ice cream, apparently being tricked and/or told by the wolf girl that she wasn't going to pay for his until he learned to win a fight without breaking his arms. With a defeated sigh, he followed, eating his ice cream along the way.

I'd say that wasn't a very cool thing to do...but then again, she never said it was her treat. So yeah... he thought, before noticing the direction they were heading: the infirmary. And it was most likely that she was going to see...him.

A quick gulp came to Ichiro as he thought of a fuming pissed Gin after his whole X-Caliber attack. He moved up towards Sayuri and cleared his throat. "Um, Sayuri, is it okay if I skip on the whole meeting Gin thing? That's something I reeeeeeaaaaally don't think I wanna deal with today." he confessed, before looking at the other ice cream. "I could deliver the other one to Terro...if you want."

Apparently, Sayuri was alright with this as she let him take the other chocolate ice cream and shooed him off. Ichiro only thanked Sayuri before moving off...but not before hearing something being shouted from behind him in one of the rooms...

"You think...Ice Cream...Is gonna make me feel BETTER?!"

Jeez...I thought he was knocked out...guess he woke back up... Ichiro thought, shaking his head as he kept moving. Still, what was he thinking when he did that? As he pondered this thought, he rounded a corner and saw another entrance to the arena and a familiar Gi'ed young man and a green clad hero that he recognized as Tempest.

"Terro! Hey Terro!" he called, moving up towards the pair. "Hey, that was an awesome fight. I mean...wow man, I wasn't expecting any of the things you did in that fight. And the whole shield thing...that really got me excited!" Ichiro said smiling, before realizing he was still holding the chocolate ice cream. "Oh right! This is from Sayuri, she bought you and Gin ice cream....and then forced me to pay for my own...but still, here."

HQiOaTA.png?1

Class B Squad

"We now ask that the next two contestants, Mike Rosenfield and Akira Tomoaki, please take the stage!"

"Oh where are they??" Aina grumbled, tapping her foot as she waited for Casey and Shin to return. Finally, she saw about three different Shins heading in her direction, as one handed her a thing of cotton candy. "Well it's about time, Happy."

"Yeah well I couldn't decide which flavor you really really wanted, so that's why it took forever." the one Shin smiled, before vanishing in a cloud of yellow smoke.

"Tch...the guy is way too peppy..." the second Shin said, placing down a drink in a cup holder in the seat beside Aina before vanishing in a cloud of red smoke.

The final and true Shin sighed, before sitting down beside Aina, taking a bite out of a hotdog he had. "Val might be out to watch this one, so here's hoping this is actually a good match for her time."

"It probably will be..." Casey said, just teleporting into his seat on the other side of Aina, enjoying a pretzel. "Honestly, I just want the flashy guy to lose. Besides, did you see that Mike kid? His match with that other kid, dude actually held his own."

Aina nodded, taking a bite from her cotton candy. "That was an interesting bout. Seemed they were neck and neck...but at the same time, the one kid..."

"He didn't have enough control." Both Aina and Casey glanced over at Shin who simply took a sip from his drink. "...you didn't notice? Those last few strikes damaged his arm. Ya gotta notice these things."

"Hmm, interesting...so that's what 1-A has to deal with? Kids who wanna try and kill another student and one who doesn't really have any control?" Aina asked, sighing. "Sounds like some problems in paradise."

s06t3UC.png

It didn't take long for the trio of students to find themselves back at the school. It wouldn't be long before the next fight happened. He expected the others to want to head to the arena to watch it, but instead Ino proposed something more interesting. The girl wanted to get on the giant ferris wheel that was nearby. Isami's eyes widened. He had never been on a ferris wheel before, the thought of getting in one was rather exciting. At the very least, he'd get a closer look at the clouds that he so admires. Isami shook his head excitedly. "That's a great idea!"

"Sure. Let's ride the ferris wheel." Asuka said, although she didn't sound all too confident about it. Maybe she was afraid of heights, or maybe something else was on her mind? Either way she seemed nervous.

Isami placed his hand on her shoulder. "Relax, Asuka." He said, his forked tongue sticking out. He pointed at the ferris wheel. "Those things are built secure. At least I'm pretty sure they are. They wouldn't let students get on something potentially dangerous. We'll be safe." He thought about it some more. "And hey," He said, turning to face her. "don't look down when you're up there." He said before stepping forward and walking next to Ino. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get on that ferris wheel!" He said, smiling.

There were those eyes again...Valerie was starting to wonder why this man had come in here. Initially he seemed like a fan but now...something didn't add up.

He left as quickly as he came in and Valerie decided to ignore it for now. She had one more match to watch before hers. And it was the one that determined who she'd be facing in the finals.

Her heat had started to die down slightly so she figured she should go out and stretch her legs. And this time...she'd go to the stands. If something like the last match happened she wanted to be up close to see it herself.

On her way to the stands she pondered the previous match, what she saw with all the interruptions that is, and came to the conclusion that she was almost disappointed that she wouldn't be facing Gin. He was a destructive force for sure. Possibly the closest she could come, based just on destructive power, to fighting a villain this tournament could've given her. But remembering her introduction and talk with Terro she couldn't be too unhappy. Facing off against someone so friendly and competitive would be fun for sure.

Earth versus Fire. She grinned. Usually one would think she'd be at a disadvantage. Which only meant she had to burn twice as hot.

---

"Sounds like some problems in paradise."

"Sounds to me like you all need to show some more passion." Valerie spoke from behind her classmates. Though they'd have been able to feel her before they had seen her. The heat she was pumping out was more than they had experienced during classes. Though it not being in a confined space like earlier helped.

"Some of them might go a bit far but..." She looked out onto the field. "There's no point becoming a hero if you're not going to give it your all."

Mike. That was the guy who wanted her advice. From the fight so far she could see why. Captain Sunglasses was a force to be reckoned with. But...it wouldn't be worth it to fight him. She had noticed over the course of this tournament that he had no passion. An opponent like that would be child's play for Valerie. But Mike....Mike might make it interesting.

She winked at the group. "You better not be thinking of slacking off now that your tournament run is over."

Maybe I'm not putting myself forward. . . Am I making myself invisible, or are people just ignoring my physical presence? What makes Gin, Akira, and my other classmates stand out to each other. . . maybe I am just being too hopeful on the fact that-

"X-Caliber."

The sound and light of Gin's attack interrupted Aaron's thoughts and completely caught him off guard. Aaron quickly got back on his knees and leaned against the seats in front of him as he watched the total devastation of this fight. It was clear that Terro couldn't use the stage as it was being eaten by the light, even Suna got in the fray to stop, but it would be cut through as well. It wasn't until GLory came on the field to hold back the attack until it exploded. As the smoke cleared, Gin was on the ground with what seemed to knock him out, while Terro was still beat-up, but still standing. Well Gin, Welcome to the Top 8. Aaron sat in the seat behind him as he went back to contemplating over his personal problem.

After minutes of thinking, he came to the conclusion that he should be more assertive in his social engagement with his classmates. However, as he turned to see who he can talk to, he had failed to notice that his class seemed to have disappeared from the stands. He saw that Mike and Akira were down on the field while Ichiro and Sayuri left the stands. It is still a mystery where Ino, Asuka, and Isami went off to. "Well, I guess I should go find someone." Aaron began to leave the stands as the next fight began, Akira was attacking fiercely as he has been since his first 2 matches, just to get the match done, while Mike was flying like a bullet. MAybe Mike can break through Akira's attacks and win, but Akira does have the long-range advantage over Mike. Aaron continued to watch the match until he got into one of the hallways blocking the view of the match and proceeded forward to find one of his classmates.

It wasn't long until he saw Terro and Ichiro on the other end of a hallway talking to, what looked like Tempest. This is my chance!! Aaron continued walking towards them as he passed a slightly opened door to see Gin sitting in a bed with a blank look as he stared into space. Aaron stopped and looked a bit more in o see Gin's arms bandaged and Sayuri was in there eating ice cream. Aaron's initial thoughts came in and demanded that he leave and talk to Terro and them, however, Aaron couldn't help but feel that Gin was probably breaking up inside, it felt disheartening to see him this way, even if he is a grouch a majority of the time. Aaron looked back at Terro and Ichiro knowing that talking to them would be the easiest thing to do, but with a sigh, he turned back to the door.

"Hello? Gin? Sayuri?" Aaron knocked and entered the room and stood in front of the doorway. "It's me, Aaron. I was walking by and I saw you in here. I'm just checking to see if you're okay from your fight. Hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly."

Hadley walked with Sayuri and ichiro silently, uncharacteristically quiet. She wasn't glaring at the pair of them anymore, but she seemed to be a touch lost, even as she walked in front of the other two assertively. Her expression was flat, a pinch of nervous energy to it. 

She handed over the money and took the cone, two tasks that were compounded very much by the gauntlets she had that encased her hands. She eventually managed to fix the cone in between them, eating it that way, renewing her glare at the two as if daring them to say anything about it. 

"Thanks fer bringin' me, I guess," she said simply, finding herself following them. She felt restless. With Gin out of the tournament she officially didn't have to be here anymore... But she also didn't really want to leave. Just on the off chance she might get to see Akira taken down a peg...

Ichiro split off from them, Hadley seeing he was seemingly scared of going in to see Gin. She didn't blame him; Otama's last attack had clear deadly force behind it. Hadley herself wasn't afraid of him, but she was afraid of how far he had gone. She found herself tossing the remains of her cone aside as the last little piece of it slipped from her grip, entering the room behind Sayuri, though she stayed back by the door. She didn't want to intrude. Or talk to Gin much, really. He seemed like a bit of a prick.

Gin looked terrible. He was sitting in the bed listlessly, eyes staring off into space. Hadley saw with revulsion that his bandaged arms were shriveled, spots of blood showing through. She shuddered as she realized they must have looked even worse before Nurse Neko got to him.

His arms looked so... horrid. And the X-Caliber. It had been weighing on her mind, scratching at the back of her head irritably. She imagined now what it must have felt like to stand in it's shadow, to see that coming at you. It's black light loomed in her mind, Hadley feeling dwarfed by it. Not by it's power, no, by it's sheer existence. It had made sound in the arena, a rushing, destructive sound, but that wasn't what Hadley heard now. She heard a soft noise now, among pure silence, a small noise that grew steadily larger, until it echoed through her head: One voice, then two, then a dozen, then twenty. Voices of children. Crying hysterically. Complete and utter fear. 

As the weight of what Gin had done to himself and what he had intended to do to his opponent started to truly hit her, Aaron entered the room. hadley didn't remember Aaron's matches all too clearly, but she spoke up when he did, aghast.

"COURSE he hurt his'self badly, are ye daft?" She looked over to Gin, clear horror on her face, feeling sick. Her entire body was trembling, as Hadley started to sweat, feeling claustrophobic as she fought for air, her eyes fixed on Gin's arms. Ichiro's arms replaced them temporarily in her vision, then her own, encased in metal gauntlets. 

"How can ye' do tha'... Not only to him, but to yer'self?" she asked, not caring how angry Gin was, not caring that he didn't know her, just pure terror of how voluntarily he had struck like that. "Why would anyone wanna do tha' to themselves?" She backed up against the wall, feeling weak-kneed, and one of her gauntlets tapped against the wall. Hadley only now became aware of their intense vibrating, as they rubbed up against the wall and droned out as they shook against it. She crossed her arms, trying to muffle the sound, but they still moved with visible shakes. She felt like she was going to vomit, she wanted to leave, to get out. But she was rooted to the spot, the voices still echoing inside her head. All dwarfed by one high-pitched, young girl's shriek.

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"I can't eat this stuff, and I'm not abroad... no, about, to let it go to waste. I can fear... no, feed, you, but this is a one-time thing. If you ruin your arms again, you'll need to get a stripe... straw. Typing like this is hard."

Gin looked to the television for a moment.  The battle between Mike and Akira had started...but he had no interest in watching.  The fact that he wouldn't be able to snuff out that sunglasses wearing, smug-faced, wannabe all-star made him sick to his stomach.  Instead, he looked to Sayuri, with her outstretched hand hovering the ice cream near his face.  He grumbled a bit, wrestling around the idea that he should deny her...but he couldn't bring himself to it.  Instead, he huffed.

"I'm more of a fan of vanilla...but whatever just give me the damn bite!"  Gin said, opening his mouth.  He waited for the sweet taste to hit his taste buds, but that's when someone else decided to barge in.  

"Hello? Gin? Sayuri?"  Before he could take a bite, his jaws immediately clamped down on one another.  It was that other loser!  "It's me, Aaron. I was walking by and I saw you in here. I'm just checking to see if you're okay from your fight. Hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly."

Gin could barely speak through his clenched jaw, as his rage made him start to aggressively ventilate.  

"The loser...who thought he could copy my fighting style...comes to ask me...IF I'M ALRIGHT!?  YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE IF YOU KEEP STANDING THERE LIKE THE LOSER YOU ARE?!  LET ME AT HIM!  SAYURI, THROW ME OVER THERE!!!!"  Gin said, thrashing his body about once again, trying to force himself out of the bed and towards Aaron.  "YOU THINK YOU CAN COPY ME?!  ME!!!!!!!!?????  AND LOSE?!  YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE BEATING I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU KID!"  His arms flopped about comically, as he was forced to stop from the sheer pain it was causing him.  

"COURSE he hurt his'self badly, are ye daft?"  The hero course reject decided to interject as well.  "How can ye' do tha'... Not only to him, but to yer'self?  Why would anyone wanna do tha' to themselves?"

"What the hell is this...why are you all here..."  Gin looked towards the reject with big metal gloves, with a dull, but very angry, look.  "It's not that I wanted to do it...I had to do it.  I had to do it to wipe that Dirt for Brain kid off the arena.  I didn't care about my body.  I just cared about winning.  To prove that I'm the best...better than any one of you...Prove that I'm worthy of being number one."  He sighed, looking to his arms, and the pain that he had caused himself.  Was it worth it in the end?  He didn't even win.  He turned his head back to the wall.  "Just leave me alone, you rejects."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

Asuka had looked to the Ferris Wheel, and back to Ino a multitude of times, prompting Ino to cock her head out of confusion.  Was the girl worried she wouldn't be able to control her Quirk??  Did..everyone feel that way?  Was she a bother to those around her?  

"Relax, Asuka." Isami's voice broke her from her worries. "Those things are built secure. At least I'm pretty sure they are. They wouldn't let students get on something potentially dangerous. We'll be safe.  And hey don't look down when you're up there." He said before stepping forward and walking next to Ino. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's get on that ferris wheel!" 

"Sure. Let's ride the ferris wheel."

Ino jumped again, vibrating a bit, but calming down before she came back to the ground.  She couldn't let herself get too excited...she didn't want to worry them.  They approached the ride, and flashed their Student ID's, getting them on the ride for no expense.  They all sat in the same large, enclosed capsule.  Ino's stomach started to churn, as she sat next to Asuka.

"You know...I've never been on one of these things before."  Ino's mouth started to squirm anxiously.  "I was afraid...especially on a roller coaster...that I would knock something loose and we'd all go flying off the rails..."  She slunk up next to one of the windows, as the ride started up, taking them up into the air.  "But...since I've been at U.A., and since I've made friends here, I think I've been able to control my Quirk a lot better!"  She said, as some vibrations could be felt throughout the aluminum and plastics of the ride.  She stopped smiling suddenly, and the vibrations stopped.  "Maybe I should just..."  She started, but interrupted herself on account of seeing a rising smoke in the distance.  They were nearing the top of the ride, but a faint explosion could be seen.  "That's gotta be the Yavin District!  I wonder if Omega Star is okay?"  

h1v7t2f.png

"I'm more of a fan of vanilla...but whatever just give me the damn bite!"

Sayuri nodded in acknowledgement. The next time she bought Gin ice cream, it would have to be vanilla. It was a surprisingly plain flavor of choice from Gin, though it made more sense when Sayuri considered that - despite his attitude - he was still a regular person in the end, same as anyone else. However, that bite of ice cream never did get into Gin's mouth. Just before Sayuri was able to deliver  on it, someone else decided to come in.

"Hello? Gin? Sayuri? It's me, Aaron. I was walking by and I saw you in here. I'm just checking to see if you're okay from your fight. Hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly."

"The loser...who thought he could copy my fighting style...comes to ask me...IF I'M ALRIGHT!?  YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE IF YOU KEEP STANDING THERE LIKE THE LOSER YOU ARE?!  LET ME AT HIM!  SAYURI, THROW ME OVER THERE!!!!"

In response to Gin's demands, Sayuri merely shook her head, setting the ice cream down and out of Gin's reach to make sure he didn't knock it out of her hands and spill it. That would just be bad for everyone involved.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN COPY ME?!  ME!!!!!!!!?????  AND LOSE?!  YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE BEATING I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU KID!"

"COURSE he hurt his'self badly, are ye daft? How can ye' do tha'... Not only to him, but to yer'self?  Why would anyone wanna do tha' to themselves?"

"What the hell is this...why are you all here... It's not that I wanted to do it...I had to do it.  I had to do it to wipe that Dirt for Brain kid off the arena. I didn't care about my body. I just cared about winning. To prove that I'm the best...better than any one of you...Prove that I'm worthy of being number one. Just leave me alone, you rejects." 

Another small bite of lemon ice cream. With Gin's latest tirade over with, Sayuri set her tasty snack down and turned in her seat to face Aaron and Hadley. A look that distinctly seemed to ask the two "why?" was on her face, as she extended her hands to sign out something for the two.

I had just gotten him to settle down a bit. I appreciate the good intentions, but your timing needs work. She paused for a bit, having to think about what to say next. Let them down gently, but assert what Sayuri thought was best. Right? ...right. He should be fine after some rest maybe... I think. I'm not a nurse. Either way, the two of you will just keep setting him off you stick around. Go somewhere else. I hear there's a really nice ferris wheel on school grounds. She then made a shooing motion with her hands. Then, as if it were more of an afterthought, she signed one last thing.

Also, Aaron, make sure you translate everything I just said. Hadley doesn't know sign language I think.

lmHWTAK.png

"You know...I've never been on one of these things before. I was afraid...especially on a roller coaster...that I would knock something loose and we'd all go flying off the rails..."

"I think I understand what you mean." Although, in Asuka's case, her fears about her Quirk were a lot less deadly than killing an entire group of people on a roller coaster. Compared to Ino's concern that she could lose control and kill herself and a dozen or so other people, Asuka's fear of being persecuted or hated because of a power she'd just been born with seemed pretty tame. "...kind of."

"But...since I've been at U.A., and since I've made friends here, I think I've been able to control my Quirk a lot better!

As Ino said this, Asuka felt the ride vibrating around her. Just as Ino was talking about how much she'd improved too. Suddenly, however, they stopped. That was a relief. Asuka was a bit worried there for a moment. "Maybe I should just..." Ino never did finish that sentiment. As the ride peacefully continued onward, a faint explosion could be heard and seen from the ferris wheel. Asuka couldn't help but imagine everyone watching the fight in person rather than on a phone might have missed it, or mistaken the sound as part of  the fight. Judging by roughly where the explosion seemed to be...

"That's gotta be the Yavin District! I wonder if Omega Star is okay?" 

"I'm sure she's okay," Asuka nodded. "She's the number-one hero. She'll be fine, wrap up the trouble there, and if we see her again she'll probably say something like, 'that explosion was no match for me! Ahahahahaha!'" For extra emphasis on her Omega Star impression, Asuka put her hands on her hips, and tossed her head back as she laughed. Even just pretending to be like Omega Star was kind of embarrassing, now that she'd done it. Was it really okay for the number-one hero's boastful nature to run so rampant?

s06t3UC.png

"I've never been on one of these either!" Isami said, responding to Ino. He took the seat in front of the two girls as Ino continued to talk about her old fears of roller coasters, specifically about her quirk. It suddenly dawned on him why Asuka was so worried back on the ground, as the ride began to shake. He chuckled nervously as the vibrations stopped. Isami nodded. "You've improved your control since we entered class for the first time!" He said, smiling.

"That's gotta be the Yavin District! I wonder if Omega Star is okay?"

"I'm sure she's okay. She's the number-one hero. She'll be fine, wrap up the trouble there, and if we see her again she'll probably say something like, 'that explosion was no match for me! Ahahahahaha!'"

Isami couldn't help but laugh at the girl's impression, applauding. "That's pretty spot on." He said, giving the girl a thumbs up. "I'm sure Omega Star has everything under control. She's boastful for a reason, right?" He said, absolutely confident that the hero had everything under control.

MIKE vs AKIRA

part 3

c9SYpcu.png

As the dust settled, a small crater would become visible, with huge cracks in the concrete spreading out around it, almost resembling a spider’s web. In the crater stood Akira, still wearing his golden gauntlet. Although he seemed to be unwavered by the impact, numerous rips and tears were visible along Akira's hoodie and pants, the gauntlet barely having protected him from the force behind Mike’s attack. He held his arm up in front of him, dangling Mike by his wrist just high enough that his feet couldn't reach the ground. “What was that, some kind of ace move? It had a lot more force behind it than your previous attack, but to think you could overpower me is just naive.” As Akira squeezed tightly, the sound of plastic snapping and metal creaking could be heard from the mechanism around Mike’s wrist. “Oops. Did I break something?” Akira yawned, before suddenly flinging Mike away from him, toward the edge of the arena with an overhand throw.

Mike tumbled through the air, making use of a series of small, green jets to right his position before landing on his feet. He skidded back a few feet, his eyes shut tight and breath held as he prayed he wouldn’t cross the line. But as there wasn’t any announcement, he risked opening his eyes and saw that he was well within the clear, then feeling kind of dumb for expecting to be tossed out from that distance. 

“I’ll show you overpower,” Mike growled, grabbing one of the taser-balls he had with him and extending his bracer into a cannon… only to discover that the bracer had broken to pieces and fallen off his wrist. Instead, there was the light release of force off of his arm to activate the bracer, but nothing to work with. “Fine,” Mike said, fist clenched. “We’ll improvise.”

“Hey, you want an ace move?” Mike said, anger noticeably flaring in his voice somewhat. “Well I’ll give you the perfect ace!” Mike took a stance, remembering everything he had ever learned from the few summers he spent learning baseball. He never took it on as a regular sport, be it was one that he thought looked cool at first. He stood there, watching Akira’s movements and reactions, and with great, yet not perfect, form wound up a pitch and applied a large amount of force through his hand, firing the ball out like a bullet directly at Akira.

As the piece around Mike's fist crumbled and fell off, Akira couldn't help but laugh quietly to himself. Seems like paying attention to the previous rounds did him some good in the long run. Of course, Mike was undeterred, and instead launched the small metal ball with a quirk-assisted overhand throw. “Amateur hour.”  Without moving a muscle, a series of small barriers appeared between himself and Mike, tracing the trajectory of the ball. It broke through all but the last barrier, where the last of its momentum gave out. The ball fell to the ground with a light thud, as the barrier in front of Akira dissolved, revealing himself once again to Mike. The gauntlet on his arm now showed numerous cracks along it that were not present after the impact between the two, before it shattered to dust as well.

“Enough is enough.” Akira's eyes began to glow intensely as he rose both of his hands into the air, missiles appearing in a formation surrounding Mike. This time, however, there were far more than in the fight with Isami. Akira gritted his teeth, a drop of sweat running down the side of his face, as Mike's vision was blocked out from nearly all angles by the brightly glowing lights. The only clear area was a pathway directly between the two, allowing Akira a line of site toward his opponent to help him aim his massive attack.

Akira took a deep breath and blinked slowly, before he stared Mike directly in the eyes. Even though they were a decent distance apart from each other, the intensity in his expression was clear. “Macross Buster: Final Volley,” thrusting his arms forward toward Mike, Akira sent the missiles inward toward their target. Unlike his first attack in the fight, he didn't need to use complex flight patterns, as each of the constructs was about the size of him himself. In that moment, Mike was the only thing Akira could see. He had narrowed his focus tightly to make this attack possible: an unstoppable force that held absolutely nothing back.

As the lights appeared around Mike, he took a few deep breaths, remembering what he watched from Akira’s previous matches, and even from the distance he could see the strain in his body language. There was a narrow window between the two of them, and only one chance to pull this off. Mike pumped his suit with as much energy as he could as quickly as he could, and even at the briefest sign of movement he forced out as much energy through his suit as he could.

“Verdant JAVELIN!” Mike yelled, and in an explosion of green light and energy, he shot out like a shooting emerald star, ducking and weaving off to the side as soon as he could. In his wake was a cascade of yellow light bombarding the arena behind him in a great fireworks display of light and concrete shrapnel. In a split second Mike had closed in on Akira. With one final explosion of energy, Mike leaped into a flying, two-legged kick like a human bullet leaving a trail of green light aimed squarely for Akira’s chest.

This attack was quite unlike the previous attempts. This time, Akira found himself caught off guard. The missiles all shattered in mid-air, making the moment of impact clear for the entire audience to see as Akira brought up his arms in front of him in a panic. He projected a barrier between himself and Mike, but it was too late. He didn't have time to properly calculate it, he couldn't focus well enough to block it like the previous attack. Mike was much faster than Akira had anticipated, and took advantage of the brief lapse of judgment to go in for a grand hit against him. The barrier shattered like glass, hardly providing any resistance to the attack. Fragments of hard light tore through Akira's hoodie, blasting it off completely, as he was impacted by both of Mike's feet.

The pain was immense, and unlike anything Akira had felt before. Before he knew it, he was hurtling through the air. I need to stop myself before I go out of bounds. Bringing his arms out, a wall appeared in Akira’s path, but once again the lack of preparation caused him issue, smashing through it face-first. Refusing to be beaten with just one hit, Akira brought forth several more, that he crashed through until finally stopping at the very edge of the arena. Akira smacked against the wall like a ragdoll thrown by a child, falling to the ground and landing on his hands and knees. Looking down, he could see the boundary line right behind him. Narrow catch… Blood dripped from his nose, forming a small puddle beneath him, as he noticed his vision felt a bit off. Akira blinked a few times, before reaching up to his face to realize that the left lens of his sunglasses was shattered, may it have been from the initial attack, or his reckless attempt to slow himself down.

Akira stared down at his own blood, as the crowd cheered for his opponent. He wondered if they were as surprised as him. That wasn't supposed to happen. Hell, he wasn't even supposed to be here in the third round. He had planned to forfeit in his first match, before that idiot challenged him. This tournament was just a means for them all to show off. Showing off to the public, showing off to potential hero agencies, hell, even showing off to scare away would-be villains. Akira was so tired of showing off. To have a quirk like that meant everyone expected it from him. The crowds in preschool when the quirk first emerged. U.A. with the special “recommendation exam”. His previous school. He knew he was the strongest. He never had anything to prove. Akira glanced backward a bit, at the line on the ground. It would be easy for me to cross it. Just move back a bit, and I'm exactly where I wanted to be from the start. So why don't I?

Akira began to stir, so that he could forfeit, but found himself incapable of making the small movement to give up. What was stopping him? As he rose to his feet, his exposed left eye glowed brightly, a spot of light glimmering along his left shoulder blade. win. At first it was just a whisper in the back of his head, a nearly-imperceptible urge to push forward. To Rise Above. Win. Short spikes of hard light emerged from the left side of his face, framing it in a shape like half a star. WIN! In an instant, a brightly glowing wing sprouted from the spot on his back. The tip of each finger on his left hand glimmered slightly, as Akira was lifted a few inches above the ground, hovering in place. The light shone brightly from behind him, silhouetting him against the brilliance of his new construct. Akira smirked to himself, pausing for a moment to take it all in, before he spoke up, "I'd say it's time I take this thing for a test drive."

"Yo, Khikyu!"  Tempest shouted from behind. "I was gonna come visit you!  Congratulate you on your win...even if it's just by technicality!" The hero laughed.  "But you put up a hell of a fight!  You were really able to maneuver around that Otoma kid's attacks!  Now if that ain't my lessons in action coming through, then I don't know what is!"

"Sensei!" Terro stated with a smile, bowing as Tempest approached. "Yeah, your teachings really helped me against Gin," he then sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "I'm still kinda sore that I didn't beat Gin by my own merits... But it seems I wouldn't have been able to... I need more training...," he sighed to himself again, trying to imagine everything that could be done to counter X-Caliber. He wasn't coming up with anything yet... Suddenly, a voice pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Terro! Hey Terro!" Ichiro called, moving up towards the pair. "Hey, that was an awesome fight. I mean...wow man, I wasn't expecting any of the things you did in that fight. And the whole shield thing...that really got me excited!" Ichiro said smiling. "Oh right! This is from Sayuri, she bought you and Gin ice cream....and then forced me to pay for my own...but still, here."

"Ice... Cream...?" Terro asked. "What is it...? Is it supposed to cool down my skin when I fight Val?"

"Uh..." Ichiro blinked. "You've...never had ice cream before?" he asked, quite taken back. Sure he knew the guy was away from the city a lot, but he wasn't exepcting this. Terro shook his head.

"No... Martial arts training keeps me on a very strict diet. Still, I never even heard of ice cream before... Or maybe I have and I haven't paid any attention," Terro shrugged and grabbed the ice cream from Ichiro's hand. "So, what do you think about Mike and Akira? Who do you think will win?"

"Huh, well...guess that's your first then." Ichiro shrugged. "It's pretty good, but I think I'm just biased cause I've had this growing up." he chuckled, before regarding Terro's question. "To be completely honest...as much as I want Mike to win, I think Akira might have it. Mike had both power and strategy going for him...least from my match that I grasped. But Akira..." Ichiro paused, thinking back on the Macross Buster. "You saw how powerful that was...I think Akira's been holding back."

Terro nodded as he went to take a bit of the ice cream. "You're not too far off, but I think...," he paused as he took the bite of ice cream. "Oh wow... I think this stuff is great!" He commented as he quickly scarfed down the rest of the ice cream. "It's so cold... And sweet and so... gone... Oh...,"

Ichiro stared blankly at Terro, apparently devouring his ice cream, before laughing some. "Yeah it tends to do that...oh uh, wait...you scarfed that down. Uh, don't be alarmed if you start having a bit of a headache feeling...it's kinda natural. It's called a brain freeze."

"A brain wha--- ow, ow, ow!" Terro commented as he held his head. "Sheesh... Ice cream is almost as intense as training...,"

"Yeah...I guess it is?" Ichiro shrugged, not exactly sure how to answer that. "Anyway, what were you about to say before you finished off the ice cream, Terro?"

Terro held up a finger before he stood up, rubbing his head. "R-right... Anyways... I think it's a little more even than people think. Akira has one thing over Mike, power. But Mike won't just back down from raw power. After all, he stood up to Wendigo. Besides, Mike has something far more important. The will to win,"

"Yeah...you got a point there." Ichiro nodded, glancing down at his arm in the sling. "He showed that off quite a bit against me..."

"Speaking of! I need to get going so I can witness the fight!" Terro commented before he bowed to Tempest again. "I'll see you around sensei! Hopefully, I'll make you proud and get to the final round!" He turned to Ichiro, grinning. "You coming with me?"

"Yeah, right behind you." Ichiro said, quickly bowing to Tempest as well. "Nice to finally meet you, Tempest sir." he said, turning after Terro.

Terro had made it in time to see the Shomidoken and Ryuseiken clash, a blinding light emitting from the clash. It made Terro laugh a little. A Kyoryuken, a Shomidoken, and now the Ryuseiken. It would seem he would have to make another upgrade to keep ahead.

When the smoke cleared, Mike and Akira was back at it again. Terro had to admire Mike's movements and improvisation. The two of them never really interacted outside of that one time... He really wanted to fight Mike now. Akira was a way to see how far he came and stuff, which was important, but he could tell that he and Mike would push each other to higher heights.

Akira then fired off his Macross Buster, either the same move that took out Isami or one similar to it. However... Mike was able to break on through and attack Akira. It was a brutal attack, one that caught Akira off guard and sent him flying across the stage. Terro winced a bit... That had to hurt, especially to someone as frail looking as Akira. However... Akira stood up, covered in a new construct. Terro grinned at the sight of that.

"Looks like someone's fire was finally lit," He commented with a wide grin. Now the fight had truly begun.

Mike vs. Akira

Part 4

BGM

“You know, I talked to one of those guys from the other class, a few hours ago.” Akira looked over his shoulder, inspecting the wing, clearly just as unfamiliar with it as everyone else in the stadium. “I never caught his name, but he said something I found really interesting.” Rocketing forward, propelled by his single wing, he cocked back his left fist for a punch, “He said that there is always something to prove!” Akira swung with his left haymaker, and the instant before his fist reached Mike, a multitude of duplicates appeared around it, moving forward with the same amount of force, turning his single punch into forty. “Hard Light: Senju Strike!”

“You know, that reminds me of something my hockey coach always told us,” Mike said, watching Akira’s movements closely and tensing his muscles as his opponent took flight towards him. “Saying you have something to prove means you think you’re already there, but nobody’s there. Not really. Instead, there’s always something to improve!”

Akira wound his fist back for a big punch with his left fist, and as he got closer Mike relaxed his legs and let loose a big wave of force… pointed directly upwards. There was a bright flash of green as forty fists of light whistled through the residual cloud of green energy. Mike, who forced himself to fall backwards towards the ground, planting his hands firmly to keep himself from smacking his upper body against the hard, arena floor, and as he found himself closer to a lying position released the remainder of force from his suit into the jets on his calves and the backs of his heels, sending his feet springing upwards into a harsh kick.

As the attack moved upward toward him, a shield appeared in front of Akira’s left arm, with the wing pulling him sharply upward, absorbing the blow while creating a small amount of vertical distance between the two. This didn't feel like typical uses of his quirk. He wasn't calculating details, he wasn't devoting his attention to react quickly. Right now, for the first time to his knowledge, Akira was working completely off of instinct. The adrenaline coursed through his body, as his reflexes worked together with the massive power he held. It felt amazing. This was his Max Omega. “You know, it wasn't too long ago that you all encountered those villains. I remember Gin bragging about hitting them with some special move, and the gimp apparently destroyed himself right off the bat to fight them off.” The shield in his hand quickly changed shape, taking the form of a sword, large and ornate. “So what about you? How did the fledgling hero Greenshift respond to the attack? Did you run away, or did you fight back?” Akira made a heavy downward swing with his new weapon, and as it moved downward, the blade extended to a length of around a dozen feet so that it could reach down to Mike.

As the blade approached Mike, he released a small burst of energy that rolled him off to the side quickly, the blade crashing into the ground. He used a few more bursts to force himself upright, and without giving his opponent much time to react lunged forward with a right hook, his fist streaking forward with a trail of neon-green light. His fist met with another barrier of light, however, releasing a flash of light as the attack met its defense and was deflected.

“What happened to the snarky remarks? Aren’t you going to answer my question? Don’t tell me you’re one of those who gets all nervous in interviews” Akira pressed, moving in with a horizontal swing of his blade, forcing Mike to jump over the attack.

“Shut up!” Mike yelled, releasing another burst of energy from his back-jets to propel himself from the air down towards Akira, but was met with the arena floor instead, Akira having moved out of the way of the attack. Mike saw a flash of light in his peripheral vision, as the wing whipped around and scored his suit with holes.

“So what, you ran away? You seem like the type that would get too scared.” Akira responded with a diagonal slash, leaving Mike with little options as he used his quirk to gain a bit of distance. He skidded a few feet away before finally being able to plant his feet.

“I didn’t run away!” Mike shouted, his voice ragged with emotion. “I fought back, just like Ichiro or Gin, and did the best I could, but it wasn’t enough!” Mike stood there, trying to tell himself that he was simply biding his time to regain his energy, but really he bit onto Akira’s bait hook, line, and sinker. “I wasn’t strong enough, fast enough, nothing! But I tried, and I’ll try again if I have the chance!” With each word, Mike’s voice steadily rose, his fists shaking as he stared down his second-least-liked person in the school. “And that’s why I need to win this thing, because I need to be able to face down people stronger than me and come out on top. I know you have a stronger quirk than mine, and you’re more talented than me at this…” Mike took a few deep breaths, the lights on his suit glowing brighter and brighter than before as he loaded it up with energy, pushing its upper capacity. “BUT EVEN SO, I’M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!”

As he yelled those last words, Mike released a deafening explosion of energy, performing a repeat of what he did while Akira tried to do his ace earlier, but with little dodging to the sides. Like a green arrow, he streaking forward, ready to plant his fist directly into Akira’s big, dumb sunglasses.

Akira grinned as his opponent closed the gap. This was what he was hoping for. While his previous fights had been little more than extended jokes, this guy was the real deal. But not only that, he was slowing down. Though Akira knew very little of Mike's quirk, he was starting to get a pretty good handle on it. He could project bright green force from himself, which pushed away anything and everything. Most notably, it looked like it had an extremely finite power source. Each hit Mike put out had less strength behind it than the previous, and it drained faster and faster as time went on.

With a single flap of his wing, Akira sidestepped the incoming attack, pushing himself a few feet into the air to look down upon Mike's profile. Around his left arm formed a huge structure of hard light, matching Terro's Shin-Kohryuken attack in both form and function. Bringing the fist down upon Mike, its reach extended during transit, adding additional strength to the impact. “MIGOTO RYUSEIKEN!”

Mike could feel the strain of overusing his quirk without much of any time to recover, as every muscle fiber in his body begged him to stop, his arms and legs numbing with fatigue and his gut having tied itself into a knot. The dodge and counterattack were too fast for him to properly react to, and he barely had a chance to turn his head before the fist collided with him. He could feel hard components of his hero costume fracture from the impact, with heavy bruises underneath to match. It was all he could do to perform a haphazard roll to absorb some of his momentum against the ground. Pushing himself up onto his hands and knees, he could see a trail of broken support equipment between himself and Akira, including a loose pile of scraps he could only assume were once his helmet.

A few yards away, Akira gently descended to hover inches above the ground, which at this point had been nearly been reduced to gravel. The giant arm twinkled away, reverting to the smaller gauntlet he used before. His left side was intricately armored with hard light, shining almost too brightly to look at. His right side, on the other hand, remained relatively untouched, fitting much closer to his half-assed aesthetic. “Give up now. This is your last chance.”

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Looks like someone's fire was finally lit."

Ichiro got out just in time to see what Terro was talking about. And by the looks of it, he was definitely right. It seemed Akira was pushed to a point where he was actually having a fire lit.

"Wow...Mike..." he muttered, his hand gripping tightly into a fist as he watched. "...I really want another bout against him." Ichiro couldn't blame himself for feeling like this. Mike seemed pretty strong, having both a bit of power and strategy to put things into motion, but nevertheless...seeing him fighting even more like this actually made him feel like he wanted to try again against him.

“You know, it wasn't too long ago that you all encountered those villains. I remember Gin bragging about hitting them with some special move, and the gimp apparently destroyed himself right off the bat to fight them off. So what about you? How did the fledgling hero Greenshift respond to the attack? Did you run away, or did you fight back?”

“I didn’t run away! I fought back, just like Ichiro or Gin, and did the best I could, but it wasn’t enough! I wasn’t strong enough, fast enough, nothing! But I tried, and I’ll try again if I have the chance! And that’s why I need to win this thing, because I need to be able to face down people stronger than me and come out on top. I know you have a stronger quirk than mine, and you’re more talented than me at this…BUT EVEN SO, I’M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!”

Ichiro looked at this, hearing Mike say this as he going. The fight kept moving on and it seemed neither was wanting to give an inch at all. And from the looks of it, Akira was going to go for the end game move...least that's what he was thinking when he saw his light construct left side. He decided to do what he did with Terro...and cheer for his classmate.

"MIKE!!! DON'T GIVE UP!!!" Ichiro shouted, trying to encourage the guy.

HQiOaTA.png?1

Class B Squad

"Sounds to me like you all need to show some more passion. Some of them might go a bit far but...There's no point becoming a hero if you're not going to give it your all."

"Ah, Val. Didn't think they were letting you out so soon." Shin said with a small smile, meanwhile Aina got up and gave Valerie a small hug.

"Just in time too! Might as well scope out who the next sucker is who will fight you in the finals!" Aina said, motioning for Valerie to sit down, as Casey warped to another seat to make room.

As the class got back into the swing of things, aside from missing two classmates at the moment, the battle continued. And it got even more intense...

“Snipe Hunter!”

“Shomidoken!!”

“Ryuseiken!!”

"What is this dumb show?" Aina protested, crossing her arms in quite the pissed manner. "Are they literally just copying each other's moves?"

"Ya got a point. Snipe Hunter was the finger gun guy..." Casey remarked, doing finger guns to emphasize his point. "And the whole '-ken' thing was being done first by rocky..."

"Perhaps its flattery." Shin shrugged. "Imitation IS the best form of flattery mind you."

"Whatever it is...I find it dumb. Try and come up with your own techniques without having to blatantly have it sound similar to another's...or just blatantly ripping it off from another."

"....you happen to be taking this a lot more seriously than I thought, Aina."

"OF COURSE I AM!!" Aina exclaimed throwing her hands in the air. "These moves and techniques are the arsenal of a hero! They should be unique to fit the style of their hero! If it's just copying another hero, then it would make anyone seem like just an imitation hero and not a true hero!"

"Some might not agree with that statement...but nevertheless, perhaps we should just continue to watch the match." Shin sighed.

"You really think I'd be hurt bad enough for longer?" Valerie said with a grin. "Have to see who I get to beat down after all." The girl waved off the seat she was offered, opting to stand instead. She stayed behind the others, hands on their seat, and watched the match over their heads.

She listened to the conversation about the supposed "copycat" moves and considered it herself. The main reason she hadn't went in on the Hero internship thing was she wanted to be sure that whatever style she developed it would be hers and hers alone. The chance that shadowing a hero would cause her to copy them at all bothered her to no end.

Nonetheless. "Maybe they should've made sure their moves weren't so easy to copy." Valerie said, leaning forward, not thinking if it might be uncomfortable for the three seated beneath her at the moment. "I think this is it." Her eyes went to Mike, focusing on him, to see how he reacted. "He's gonna do something big soon." Her grin grew larger. "This'll be good."

Akira was putting on a show...but she had no clue what Mike was going to do. Which made it all the more exciting.

"The loser...who thought he could copy my fighting style...comes to ask me...IF I'M ALRIGHT!?  YOU'RE NOT GONNA BE IF YOU KEEP STANDING THERE LIKE THE LOSER YOU ARE?!  LET ME AT HIM!  SAYURI, THROW ME OVER THERE!!!! YOU THINK YOU CAN COPY ME?!  ME!!!!!!!!?????  AND LOSE?!  YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE BEATING I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU KID!"

"COURSE he hurt his'self badly, are ye daft? How can ye' do tha'... Not only to him, but to yer'self? Why would anyone wanna do tha' to themselves?"

"What the hell is this...why are you all here... It's not that I wanted to do it...I had to do it.  I had to do it to wipe that Dirt for Brain kid off the arena. I didn't care about my body. I just cared about winning. To prove that I'm the best...better than any one of you...Prove that I'm worthy of being number one. Just leave me alone, you rejects."

There was such a negative vibe in the room now that it was weird that Aaron felt a different feeling before coming in. Not only was Sayuri and Gin, but the angry Irish lady from before. Was she related to Gin or Sayuri? It didn't matter right now, but now Gin hates Aaron even more than before because of coincidental happenstance during his match. Not even the fact that Gin looked like an inflatable tubeman during his attempt to get out of bed was worth laughing at, it would only increase his rage against him. Taking a deep breath, took his eyes off Gin, who was looking into space, and looked towards Hadley who was looking just as bad as Gin. Aaron's attention went towards Sayuri who started to sign to Aaron. 

I had just gotten him to settle down a bit. I appreciate the good intentions, but your timing needs work. . . He should be fine after some rest maybe... I think. I'm not a nurse. Either way, the two of you will just keep setting him off you stick around. Go somewhere else. I hear there's a really nice ferris wheel on school grounds. Also, Aaron, make sure you translate everything I just said. Hadley doesn't know sign language I think.

Not wanting to upset Gin more from his verbal speaking, Aaron signed back to Sayuri. I didn't mean to get him riled up Sayuri. I was going to talk with Terro when I happen to pass by. And as to the "copying", it was just a coincidence. But if you could Sayuri, I would like to talk to you more when you have the time. "I'm sorry for the intrusion." Aaron bowed to the 2 of them and went towards Hadley while putting on a thin rubber glove. Aaron extended his hand towards Hadley, "Come on Hadley, Sayuri kindly asked us to leave. It's best to leave when asked politely, it only makes more negative feelings when we give disrespect to wishes."

Archived