Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

Within the sound proof room, Aaron heard a small boom that sounded just like a bass drum, but with the natural light from outside getting slightly darker than normal on this sunny day. The halls started to become loud with curious confusion as the building began to shake. Aaron ran to the closest window to see what was going on and from a distance, an abnormal cloud was peering over the buildings as it loomed feelings of fallout. The intercom announced that all students are to return home if able and to stay there until further notice. Aaron ran back towards his classroom to grab his things, pushing through other students running the opposite direction to where he was heading to. Grabbing his bag, he felt his phone vibrating within it. Taking it out, he missed 7 calls from his family within minutes after the State of Emergency announcement, 5 of which came his mom. Mom! I am fine! I will call you when I get home. Give me about 15 minutes and I will talk. Putting in his earbuds, Aaron made his way outside through the crowds of students.

Outside of school grounds, sirens could be heard for miles as people mourned the loss of the Kashykkk District. The streets were cluttered with traffic, as were the sidewalks as people ran back home, others confused about what is happening, or some just going about their normal life as if they didn’t care about the world. Aaron glided across the sidewalk back toward his home, just thinking about what really happened today.

Making it back home was such a relief as Aaron plopped down on his bed letting out an exaggerated sigh of relief into his pillow. After a few minutes of relaxing, Aaron’s phone started to ring again reminding him to call his family. Rolling over, Aaron took out his phone to see his mom’s pic on the screen.

““Hey mom.””

““AARON!! ARE YOU OKAY?! We saw the news about the bombing and the school called us to say that you were okay, but I wanted to make sure myself. I am so glad you’re okay!””

““Thanks, mom, I’m fine. . . I want to talk on speaker. I want to talk to everyone.””

““Alright sweetie, you take care of your week off. Don’t slack now!””

““I won’t mom. . . but can I talk to you about something before I go in private?””

““Sure honey. Let me get to my room. . . Okay, what do you want to talk about?””

““. . . Why do I have a quirk? Why am I here in UA? Why am I destined to be a hero?! I DON’T WANT THIS ANYMORE!!! . . . I am just tired from all of this and being away from home. . . I am still having trouble making friends, even in a place where everyone is generally the same. I’m just scared to make that critical first move to start a conversation, but even when I do it feels that everyone just acknowledges that I still exist and then completely ignore me for the rest of the time until I talk again. It feels that everyone expects me to make the first move when they clearly have that same obligation as I have, but they are just so stuck-up in that cloud of theirs that I feel insignificant in comparison. . . And worst of all, I feel totally helpless when it comes to engaging in ‘justice’. During the fight against the actual villains, I wanted to do something, but I just didn’t know what I wanted to do, even up to the point where I hid behind a bus just to avoid dying. Everyone else was doing something, but I felt useless as not just a good Samaritan, but a hero as well. . . Overall, I just feel alone in the universe, no one really taking notice of anything I do. . .””

““. . . Well, I can’t say that I’ve been your shoes before, nor can we be there personally to comfort you. However, all I can say about this is that you are rock bottom in the gulf of misery, but it just means that you can only do one thing, just go up. You can’t go further down than where you are currently at, so you need to take this opportunity to start rise out and show everyone who Aaron Strom is! And while you feel lonely at school, just remember that you are never truly alone in this gigantic universe of ours, you have us. Can I challenge you this week?””

““Sure?””

““I want to you to write down everything you need to improve on, then take 3 you feel you really struggle on and work on those for the entire week. This could be anything from enhancing your quirk to just talking to people to get over your social fears. Can you do this for me?””

““Yeah, it seems simple enough. I’ll do it. Thanks for letting me talk to you about this.””

““Welcome Hun. Also, write down how you are doing every day, including today. I got to go now. Stay safe and do well in school! Love you!””

““Love you too, bye.”” Aaron got up and wiped his wet eyes as he made his way to his computer. Opening a word doc, he started to write:

Hey. . . I don’t know how to start this. . . sorry future me. But anyways, I have had the worst day ever in the history of ever. It started with threats from the bully of the class, getting beat up by a pro hero, then it ended with a district blowing up out of existence. . . Anyways, I was down in the dumps about this whole ordeal that I just wanted to physically die, but mom called in a panic from the bombing and we talked for a while. Before I hung up, I talked to her about how I was feeling about being away from Cali, away from family, and away from everything that made me comfortable. I told her how I was sick of my social skills, my “hero” abilities in being courageous against dangers, and literally everything else that I was sick and tired of. Just talking with her lifted a massive load of my shoulders and I felt a little better. She then challenged me, while I have this week off, to improve on 3 things that need the most help with. So, I have problems with:

Social interactions, using my quirk effectively. . . umm. . . I don’t know what else I should do, even though there are a billion things I can improve on. . . but I feel most of my big problems can’t be solved with practice, but through the trivial things, I have problems with. Wait, that doesn’t make sense. . . So, while I was asked to do 3 things, I will do these 2. I hope that as I continue to report on these within this doc, I hope to see improvement within myself that I can be comfortable with.

““And save. . .”” Aaron sighed as he stared at the ceiling just thinking about how to start this “mom challenge”. The social interactions will be done whenever I go out, so that means I should learn how to use my quirk more than just wasting on pointless attacks that waste my electrical storage. . . Doesn’t the human body use electricity to perform basic functions? Can I enhance that?

““Alright then internet, let’s conquer this challenge of mine.””

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s06t3UC.png

He took quite a bit in the shower, making sure every bit of gunk was off of him. His hair was definitely the most annoying part of it all, but after a while he finished his shower. While he was showering, he could swear that he heard the sound of an explosion going off, although it was hard to tell exactly due to the sounds of the shower. Once he was finally done cleaning off himself, he dried himself before making his way to his locker.

Luckily, he had listened to his sister's advice of keeping a spare change of clothing for situations like this. He grabbed then and headed back into the bathrooms to change into into them. Once changed into his new outfit, he walked his way back into the classroom. On his way to the classroom, however, he felt the ground beneath him shake. He nearly fell down, leaning on the wall next to him. Quickly, but careful not to fall, he hustled towards the nurses office.

When he go there, he saw a bunch of the other heroes that had saved them standing there with rather somber looks on their faces. The portal that had bridged their connection between the other district and here was also gone. Many seemed to have their eyes glued to the screen, although it displayed nothing but a "NO SIGNAL" message. "W-What happened?" He nervously asked, glancing around the room.

Terro sighed to himself as he rolled his shoulder. He needed a rest, and there was pretty much only one way he was getting that. He needed out of the city. He absolutely, in no way, felt comfortable here. The tree line he loved so much was replaced by metal and concrete, the fresh air by smog. He could barely feel the Earth without feeling man's tampering in it. It was there of course, as man was not able to complete destroy nature yet, but it felt as if he was choking here, like he had a plastic bag held over his head. 

Which is why when he saw the bright flash followed by the ground shaking, he was heading out of the school grounds, bag slung over his shoulder. He watched as people panicked. Terro squinted as he looked in the direction he saw the explosion, he figured it was coming from the Kashkykkk district... he was 80% sure of it. Of course, his sense of direction wasn't the best.

Had the villains been the cause of that explosion? If that was the case... he clenched his fist. He needed to be stronger. If he could have stopped the villains, none of this would have happened... With his new goal in mind, the martial artist wandered off, his determination now as hard as steel. He would get stronger, no matter the cost.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"CLOSE THAT THING NOW, SPLOTCH!"

As quickly as it happened...

Ichiro was shocked at hearing these words and even feeling the brief gust of wind that came from Splotch's portal. "W-What the heck...?!" he asked, feeling himself trembling slightly. That seemed...that seemed almost like...no.

"T-T-turn on the television!"

When the TV turned on, Ichiro found out right there and then what had occurred. "M-My God..." he mumbled, his mouth left agape as he saw the mushroom cloud that appeared. Though where it appeared...he felt like a pit in his stomach was appearing. It was the Kashkykkk District. They had just left there...and now it was blown up. But what caused it...?

Ichiro quickly turned around to where the heroes were, after the TV gave off "No Signal". He looked a bit and saw that there was one hero that wasn't there: Dr. Atomic. He swallowed hard, feeling a bit underwhelmed. Did...did he...? he thought, before feeling his phone vibrate. Pulling it out, he saw another text from Rei.

"Ordinarily, I'd let you hang out with friends...but I want you to come home with me, Ichi."

Ichiro nodded at this, swallowing hard again.

"Yeah...that's probably a good idea..."

Once the students were dismissed, he turned to Sayuri and bowed a bit. "S-Sorry...but...I-I...I gotta go home!" he quickly said before moving out of the school. Ichiro moved quickly before seeing his brother out by the front, waiting for him. He quickly got in the car and he ran his hands through his hair.

"Hey. Relax...you're alright now." Rei said, starting up the car. "Your alive."

Ichiro looked out the window at U.A. and then back to Rei. The young boy had a scared face when he looked at his brother and what he said afterwards definitely showed how afraid he truly was. The brief moment and thought of peace and possibly happiness left...and his original thought returned. "I...I don't want to be a hero...Rei."

Mike

The students were interrupted by the last of the teachers, at least all of them from what Mike could tell, rushing back through the portal and demanding its immediate closure. As the teachers each entered the room, there was a deafening boom that rocked the floor until the portal was closed. One of the teachers had the television turned on. All they received was a static signal.

The room was quiet, there was a shared weight in knowing what had happened. Mike gently quaked in place, all at once feeling the relief that he was safe, the fear of how he could have been there, and that sick feeling in his stomach of what it meant for anyone that was still left there. A state of emergency was declared, and the students were ushered out of the school in a morbid silence. It wasn't long until Mike was greeted by his home-stay family, who had made the effort to come to the school to pick him once they had found out what had happened. The drive home had been just as quiet.

Later that evening, Mike's phone began to buzz. He glanced at the screen and answered.

""H-hey mom, yeah, I'm okay, I-- no, we weren't near that place when it happened, we--"" Mike paused, his face turning pale. He sat up. ""N-no, I wanna stay here! I know what I wanna do, I can't just-- No, mom, listen, I--"" He paused again, his brows furrowed. ""I worked hard to be here, mom, and I made it! The teachers are going to keep us safe, and I'm sure they'll work harder to make sure of that now! I'm not going to give up now!"" Mike paused again, and sank back onto his bed. ""I-I know. I love you too. I'll call you back sometime.""

Mike hung up, and set his phone beside his bed on the floor, then stared at the ceiling. The teachers did their best to stop those villains, but even then they couldn't save the district. But, was this the first time that professional heroes weren't able to fully stop the villains? What do they do in those situations, then? They lost that battle, but they managed to get out alive. What were the villains trying to do, and were they successful? Gin's words rung in Mike's ears; how they had really lost and how badly they should feel about that day. But, even the professionals couldn't win, and maybe they knew they couldn't totally win, but their main goal was to get the students out alive, and they succeeded. So did they win, or lose? Is being a hero about winning fights, or is it something else?

lmHWTAK.png

"Y-yeah, that sounds good."

"It sounds great! I've never been to a friends house before! Something about breaking the whole house or something."

That isn't a bad omen or anything.

“Oh, have you guys already planned something? I was going to see if you all wanted to check out that café I mentioned when we were still in homeroom.”

It wasn't long after Creed put himself into the conversation and a couple other things were said among the people in the room, that heroes started coming in from the hole Splotch had made that led to the Kashyyyk District. Following behind them before long, a gust of wind blasted through the hole, which was promptly closed. At Omega Star's pleading, the TV was switched on. The scene before Asuka's eyes as she looked at the screen, and the rumbling beneath her feet, told her perfectly well what just happened. The Kashyyyk District was gone. All of it. She could imagine in her head the sound of the district's final moments, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

She wasn't sure how to feel about it. She felt a large mixture of things, none of them good. She needed to cancel the visit to her place, but couldn't even think of how to say that in the wake of what just happened.

"S-Sorry...but...I-I...I gotta go home!"

Ichiro had to go. Understandable. It wasn't long before Asuka's phone started beeping. She had a text. Her phone beeped again. She had two texts. Asuka looked at the phone, to find a text each from two different contacts. One was labeled as Hitomi. The other, Mama. Already Asuka was worried about these texts.

Answer this text as soon as you read it! I saw what happened on the TV, and please just tell me you're okay. Come home right away!

Hitomi told me what happened. I need a reply to this, to make sure you weren't in that idiot's explosion. Please.

They were faster texters than Asuka remembered. Hitomi made some sense, but... This is no time for trivial details!

Asuka started typing out her reply to both of the texts she received.

I'm fine, please don't worry. I'm going home right now.

With the reply sent, Asuka turned her attention to those that were still in the room for her invitation earlier. "We have to cancel the visit for a few days. Probably. Please go home and be with your families." With that and a quick bow goodbye, Asuka hurried out of the room. She had to go home, and very much wanted to be there right now. She'd ask herself who could do something this terrible, but she knew that answer perfectly well. Villains. That's who could do something this terrible, and that's who Asuka wanted to stop.

h1v7t2f.png

"W-What happened?"

Sayuri didn't want to write it. She generally wasn't one to care about something much, let alone heroic or villainous affairs, but the Kashyyyk District was a place she'd just been in moments ago. A few heroes in this room were there, and didn't come to the school through Splotch's hole. It was safe to assume the worst, she imagined. To Sayuri, this was definitely a wake-up call. She absolutely, undeniably, did not want to be a hero. She'd have to figure out how to phrase that without upsetting her parents.

For now, though, Isami didn't deserve to be left out of the loop. She instead pulled him aside, facing away from the others as a means of keeping herself "quiet" with her answer. Once the two were aside, Sayuri started with a bit of hesitation, before finally figuring out just how to sign what she wanted to say.

The Kashyyyk District is gone. All of it was wiped out in a big explosion. Our trip to the maid café will have to wait a few days. Is Saturday good for you?

MX55gTQ.png

The teachers that had come to their rescue in the Kashyyyk District piled back through the portal, one after another. Creed noticed at least one of them hadn’t come through before a massive gust of wind made Splotch to close the portal. He felt the ground beneath him begin to rumble, prompting him to look towards Ino. However, he saw the expression she had, and followed her gaze to look at the TV screen, displaying ‘No Signal’ on its screen. Soon after, an announcement was made, ushering in a state of emergency and dismissing the students from their classes. Creed walked home, following the same normal path that he used every day. Almost everything had closed for the day, except for a few convenience stores. As he walked, he kept himself lost in thought, trying to piece together any other outcomes that could have been.

When Creed arrived at his complex, he fumbled around in his pockets for his key. He went through his P.E. clothes, and every pocket in his standard uniform, without finding his key. Thinking back, he realized that it had been left hanging right next to the door, and he neglected to grab it before he left this morning. With a sigh, he went to knock on his neighbor’s door. He was answered by a young man, who appeared to be somewhere in his mid-twenties.

“Locked yourself out again?” He said, hitting Creed in the arm.

“Shut up, Botan, you act like I didn’t have to let you into your own apartment. Do you still have the tools I left here?”

“Yeah, it’s in the same place you left it a month ago.” Creed walked over by the TV and picked up a small leather case. Opening it revealed a small set of lock picking tools. “Say, why don’t you just ask the landlord instead of breaking into your own apartment?”

“I think she’s still mad about the papaya incident. Besides, this takes less time than waiting for her to get up here.”

After carrying on a small conversation, Creed took the tool set and left Botan’s apartment. He successfully unlocked his door and went straight to the couch. Lying down, he pulled out his phone to see if his parents had seen the news about the district. On his phone, behind the shattered glass, he saw a single text from his father…

…and 29 missed calls from his mother.

[Your mother is freaking out right now. Please respond as soon as you get this.]

Creed sent back a short reply, which was followed by a video call from his father.

“See? Look, he’s perfectly fine! He’s got my blood, after all.” Ernest gently nudged his wife’s shoulder, but she refused to look. Her head was buried in her arms. “Well, anyway, I think I should come out there and help.”

Creed shook his head. “As nice as that would be, I think it can be handled. Besides, your license doesn’t allow you to operate outside of the US.”

“True, but I’m pretty sure I can get a provisional license from the Embassy in Tokyo. I’m not brushed up on international affairs, though.”

“I can ask when I get back to school next week. I could probably get a definitive answer about that then.”

“I’ll just look it up here. No need to go out of your way.”

“Fair enough. I’m going to get some rest. It’s been a long day.”

“Alright, son. Call your mother tomorrow. She’ll want to know more details from you. Stay safe out there.”

Creed hung up and put his phone face down on the floor. With myriad thoughts floating around in his head, he dozed off on the couch.

pSrPCP7.jpg?1

They thought the shock wave's from the blast had stopped as soon as Splotch's doorway closed, but they would be felt for the days to come.  After all the student's had made it home safely, the school announced that it would be closed for the week, letting the students recuperate from their experiences of facing real life villains, losing a teacher, and almost being destroyed along with the entirety of the Kashyyyk District.  The news would relay that hundreds of innocent lives had perished in the explosion, as the district was highly run down and underpopulated.  Damage had only seeped a couple of miles outward from the original explosion site, but the entire area was now covered in a thick radiation.  It had been the worst terror attack ever witnessed since Quirks were regulated.  

Naturally, the backlash against those with Quirks grew to an all time peak.  Most of the hatred stemmed from the population of Quirkless in the world, stating that quirks were always dangerous, and too dangerous to ever be used in society.  They criticized U.A., the Kashyyyk District's Hero Agency, and it's incompetent heroes for allowing such a travesty to happen.  The Kashyyyk district was known for having a population of mostly Quirkless, and the attack was seen as a conspiracy to wipe out those who no longer had benefited the advancement of human society.  The thought went around the internet, gaining popularity as a highly debatable topic.  Calls to action were made for Quirks to become strictly regulated, almost made illegal entirely.  

At Dr. Atomic's funeral, protesters gathered with picket signs reading 'Quirkless lives matter'.  Omega Star almost made the news for almost beating one of them senseless, the only thing stopping her being her peers.   

Disdain for Quirks was growing.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Ed751i6.jpg

The week passed by super slowly.  Ino's mom wouldn't let her go out or do anything remotely close to fun...unless it involved taking out the trash.  She always had to take out the trash!  It was so boring!  Ino also refrained from turning on her television.  Negative vibrations were not the kind she was attracted to, or produced.  Instead, she decided to be blissfully ignorant of the situation.  Although, Suna's limp body had been gnawing at the back of her mind this entire week.  That dreaded Monday finally rolled around, and she was really excited to see her friends again.  Hopefully they wouldn't be as dreary as everything else had been.  

She put on her school uniform,  found her shabby backpack, and opened the door.  She turned around to see her Mother, holding out a hand as if to beg her to stay at home for one more day.  Ino's stomach almost flipped inside out, she'd never seen her mom look at her like that.  

"A-are you sure you have to go?  The news says-"

"I don't care what the news says mom.  I have to go to school!  Nothing's gonna stop this hero in training.  Except maybe my grades..."  She laughed, but looking back at her mother, she could tell that it wasn't the time for levity.

"Ino...just be careful.  Okay?  And if this get's too much for you...just let me know.  Okay?"

Ino nodded, and proceeded out of the door.  

"Well, I'm off!"  She waved back to her mom and proceeded her way to U.A..  It wasn't a terrible walk, but it was a form of exercise that she had not been used to in over a week or so.  It made her legs tired, and her Quirk was pretty much useless in travel speed.  As she walked down the sidewalk, a stranger in a hoodie spat on the path in front of her.  This was the kind of stuff she was hoping to avoid...but you couldn't dodge real life like you could the television.  

Luckily, her route went rather undeterred besides that.  Not to mention she had finally made it to U.A..  As she walked up the steps, she noticed that Principal Glory stood at the top, just like he had on the opening day.  She couldn't see it, but she could feel a warm smile underneath all of that armor.  

"Ms. Todoya.  How are we feeling today?  Did you have a nice week off?"  It was strange...was this some public relations stunt?  Ino looked around to find no cameras on the premise.  She turned back to flash her Principal a smile.  

"I'm feeling great.  A little winded from that walk since I had to pick up some slack at the end...but other than that I'm fine."  Her head slumped backwards as she groaned.  "And my week was sooooooooooooo boring!  I'd actually have rather come to class than sit in my room all day."  

"That's good to hear."  He said, kneeling down and hugging the girl.  "I'm just glad you're alright.  I'm glad all of my student's are alright."  Unbeknownst to Ino, Glory had done the same thing for each student involved in last weeks events as well.  "I'm sorry we couldn't do more."  Ino blushed, as the cold steel touched her skin.  Principal Glory's armor proceeded to rattle like sheets of metal in a harsh breeze.  He gave off a hearty laugh as he stood back up.  "Now get to class little lady.  We have some heroes-in-training that need some molding!"

With that out of the way, Ino finally made it to her home classroom.  It seemed she was the last to arrive, as usual.  She sat in front of Asuka, touching her desk and smiling. 

"Glad to see you again!  Have you been well?"  

Without a second to answer, the door slid open yet again to reveal Suna.  Ino looked on in bewilderment, as her teacher sluggishly crawled to the front of the room.  However, the last time she saw him, he had one fewer arms.  Ino sprang out of her seat, and pointed directly at him unabashedly.  

"S-Sensei!  Your arm!  How'd ya get it back!"  Suna stared back at Ino, amazed that she just up and blurted what everyone was probably thinking.  He raised his arm up and looked at it.  

"Oh yeah...this thing."  He sighed, as the arm crumbled into a pile of sand onto the desk, revealing a stump halfway up his forearm.  "I guess it would be too obvious for me to just waltz in here with a new one huh?  I would've hoped you'd forgotten that part."  He scratched his chin, willing the pile of sand back towards his arm.  It molded into the perfect shape of an arm.  "It takes some concentration to keep it there...It's like I can still feel it when I see it...you know?"  Suna shook his head.  "Well, that's that.  Now it's back to teaching you wannabes."  He crossed his arms.  "But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today."  Suna looked around the room to no avail.  "I see that he's not here yet."  His brow twitched slightly.  "A great first impression I'd say."

"A new student?!  That's so weird!  We keep getting all the new students!  I bet 1-B is so lonely right now!"  Ino chuckled a bit, as she smacked the top of Asuka's desk.

"I get to crush another newbie huh...sounds fun."  Gin could be heard, his finger pointed to the ceiling, as he blew the top of it with a puff of air.  

"Back to business as usual.  I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin.  As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities."  Suna shuffled a bit.  "However, this year will be different.  See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up.  So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another.  I voted against it, but I was..."  Suna shuddered as he remembered some type of flashback, "Highly outnumbered.  It's going to be a single elimination tournament.  The fights will be chosen at random.  This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research."  Suna's eyes became very serious for a moment.  "You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition.  One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes."  Suna pointed at the walls, in which small portions popped out adjacent to the students sitting across from them.  "For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course."  The portions of wall receded back into the room.  "So until our new friend arrives, you have free time.  Don't get used to this."  Suna dragged himself out of the door, and left the students to talk.

"A tournament huh?!  Sounds super neat...but I don't think I can win anything like that."  

"And that's why you'll lose, Todoya.  You aren't hero material after all.  Now a guy like me?!  I'm going all the way to the top!  This is just another easy stepping stone for me to prove my worth!"  Gin screeched from the back corner.  His feet kicked up on the chair in front of his.  "I know none of you stand a chance against me anyways.  Don't worry, I wont shoot to kill or anything." 

"I'm pretty sure that'd get you disqualified...or worse."  Ino groaned.  

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

The Day of the Kashyyyk Incident

The moment they got back to their home, the rest of the day was quite silent. After Ichiro's response to Rei when he picked him up from U.A., nothing else was said. Truthfully, Ichiro thought he upset his brother by saying this, or perhaps that he was just lulling it over in his mind.

While his brother cooked them dinner, Ichiro sat down in his favorite chair, watching the newsfeeds on the T.V. and seeing the many of the channels saying the same thing: innocent lives were taken. And a number of people were being interviewed by the news anchors, cursing the fact of those with Quirks and even those "so called heroes", as they said it. Ichiro finally sighed and turned off the T.V. and sat in silence, before finally walking into the kitchen to see Rei now sitting at the table.

"Dinner will be a bit..." Rei spoke, only pointing Ichiro to a chair. After watching his younger brother sit, he sighed. "Well, I want to know, Ichi. What's going on in that mind of yours. What you said in the car..."

Ichiro rubbed his arm a bit, before looking down at the table. "I...I don't want to be a hero. There's nothing more to it..."

"I think there is." Rei shrugged, before sitting back in the chair. "C'mon. Talk to me."

Turning his head to face his brother, Ichiro looked at him and sighed. "I...Rei I don't want to have these powers. I don't want to be a person with a Quirk...y-you've seen the news! People like me...we...we keep causing pain." he felt his eyes welling up with tears, as he began to shake his head some. "I-Innocent people died! We...we saw real villains...and I was scared, Rei. I...I thought I was going to die!"

Rei only sighed and moved a bit, putting his hand on Ichiro's shoulder. "First off..." he said, gently tapping the back of Ichiro's head. "Not all of you Quirked people cause pain. Those teachers at U.A., if they really had a mean streak going for them...they would've left you all to die. But they didn't." Rei began to smile. "And I know your scared. Hell, I was scared when I found you were in danger."

Ichiro looked at Rei and shook his head. "But...I don't want to be like those heroes. I...Rei I want to be a hero like you. Quirkless and everything!" he said, moving from the chair, having it fall behind him. "This damned Quirk of mine...I never asked for it! I hurt myself too easily and I could barely do anything against...that...that damned beast of a monster! If I was like you Rei...if I was like you, maybe I could help people t-the way  you do!"

-BGM-

There was a long silence between the two brothers, before Rei stood up and moved towards Ichiro and put his hands on the kid's shoulders. "Well to be honest, I'm just doing what I can. I'll be totally honest...I wish I was like you." he said, causing his brother to look up at him. "Be someone out of the normal and have some incredible power."

Ichiro looked down as Rei said this, before looking down at his own hands. He made a fist and unclenched his hands, before looking back at Rei.

"Listen little bro..." Rei sighed. "I don't know at all what your going through. After all, I am Quirkless." he chuckled, ruffling Ichiro's hair. "But truthfully, I think you can do some good out there. You have a gift...a power that can be put to good use. I honestly can see you as a hero like Principal Glory and even Omega Star. Hell...I can see you going even further than them!"

Further...? Ichiro thought, looking back at his hands, before seeing Rei moving back from him. He...he believes in me that much?

"And if your worrying about everything the media says about the Quirked people...then don't." Rei shook his head, smiling. "They haven't the foggiest idea what they're talking about. Because the way I see it...most of those Quirked individuals are pretty damn amazing."

This of course, caused Ichiro finally to chuckle a bit, shaking his head. "Y-Yeah well...aren't you a bit biased?"

"Maybe. But I don't care." Rei said, before ruffling Ichiro's hair again. "Now go on, 'hero'. Get yourself washed up and I'll get dinner plated."

Ichiro only nodded, wiping away the tears that were still in his eyes, before heading to the bathroom to wash up. From this small talk and more that went on throughout the rest of the week, Ichiro had decided to do what he could to continue on at U.A. After all...if his brother believed in him that much...there was obviously something there for him...right?

x393wz.jpg

Present Day

It had been a week since that day and Ichiro finally was getting ready to start his classes again. After all, since the incident, U.A. really didn't want to keep classes going, since the students were just too freaked out and off put by the whole ordeal.

Nevertheless, it was back to the school and as Ichiro tossed on a blue jacket, and then laced up his shoes, he was met at the door by Rei. It was strange to see him still here, but then again, Ichiro had noticed he had been home a lot more lately anyway.

"Hey Rei. Why are you still home?"

"Thought I drive you to school..." Rei chuckled, before sighing. As he opened the door and lead his brother to his car, he finally spoke. "Well boss fired me a few days ago. Annnnd it's cause he found out about you having a Quirk." Now Ichiro's head hung low, thinking it was his fault that his brother lost his job. "Correction. He wanted to fire me...but I quit instead. He wanted me to disown my brother...and well, I don't disown family like that."

This put Ichiro's mind at ease some, as they drove off towards U.A., all the while seeing those with picket signs reading: "Quirkless Lives Matter". It was just like Ichiro had figured. Just because of what happened, the Quirkless were getting pretty upset about what happened and of course, just like before there were the Quirks, they turn and blame others to justify their hatred. An audible sigh escaped Ichiro's mouth, as he saw U.A. pulling into view. "Will things go back to normal?" he asked, before seeing Rei give him a thumbs up.

"They will. All things do in time." Rei said, stopping the car and unlocking the door. "Anyway, be safe Ichi and have a good day."

Ichiro only nodded and said the same time to Rei, before slinging his bag over his shoulder and making his way towards the steps of U.A. Of course, he was greeted and met there by Principal Glory. "Principal Glory."

"Mr. Adachi. How are we feeling today? Did you have a nice week off?"

"Stressful week actually..." Ichiro said, rubbing the back of his head some. "But...at the same time, I think it was much needed. Needed time to think some things through..."

"I see. And from the looks of it, you seem to have a different look in your eye than when you first came to U.A."  Glory said, nodding at the young boy.

"Well...I think I finally got an answer to how I wanna do things now. I guess...it just took a life-threatening situation and my brother talking to me for me to realize it." he only responded.

Principal Glory only nodded firmly, before putting a hand on Ichiro's shoulder. "For what it's worth, you students did a wonderful job trying to hold your own against those villains. I do apologize, however, for us not getting there sooner and being able to do much more to help you."

Ichiro sighed and shrugged. "You guys did what you could. I just really hope you guys didn't get too much flak from the media..." he said, which only prompted a chuckle from Glory. Apparently it sounded like they did...fantastic. With his hellos done, he left the steps and headed to Class 1-A, waiting for class to start.

iU8EggM.png

-BGM-

"But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today. A great first impression I'd say."

A new transfer student? This was pretty strange, especially for it being the fact of a few weeks after the start of the semester. Ichiro thought, of course like any other student, they would've came first day. Guess not everyone could be like Terro and just be late for class on the first day.

"Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different.  See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was...Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. So until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

"A tournament...? Hero costumes..." Ichiro mumbled, rubbing the back of his head, before sighing a bit. He wasn't expected to see something like this coming up for them, especially being announced first day they came back to class. Still...this was an interesting concept that would come about.

Downside though...

I gotta figure out a way to not just immediately brake my bones again. Ichiro thought, shaking his head. That was the main thing he had to worry about. One use of his Quirk and he was down a limb. Then again...there was the times where he didn't break his elbow against Double Dragon and that beast, Wendigo. Maybe he'd just have to figure out how he exactly managed that. However, right now he glanced over at Terro, who sat beside him and tapped his desk. "I guess this seems right up your alley, huh? ...the tournament, I mean."

Restless Peace

The forest was always a place Terro enjoyed. Away from the crowds of people, he felt like he could be him out here, instead of some awkward boy from the mountains. His walk through the forest was nearly silent, only the sound of the wind rustling the leaves filling his ears. He only wished he could stay here forever, but that would not do. To find his way, he would have to face the world at large, with all the strange and new experiences it had to offer.

As the sun began to set that night, he sat underneath a tree, staring at the starry sky. He needed to improve his quirk... but how? He had no idea how to begin. Sitting up, he thought about the people he met. Other than Ichiro, they were confident in their quirks, and seemed to know their current limits. Terro, on the other hand, had no idea how far he could take his quirk, or even what the possibilities he could use. Closing his eyes, he thought about Cho Raiyo, and his quirk, Stand-In. Could Terro replicate that with his own quirk?

Standing up, he attempted to move the earth to make a humanoid figure. It didn't work so well, as the rocks kept smashing into each other, turning into dust. He needed to be more delicate... but how did he do that? He stayed up long into the night, trying to figure it out, until exhaustion overwhelmed his body, and he passed out.

The next day, he woke up, the sun already rising high into the sky. Standing up, he held out his hand. Two small rocks leapt onto his hand, to which he began to walk once more, using his power to spin the rocks in his hand as he traveled. The sun had already crossed past its highest point in the sky when he arrived at his destination, his home dojo.

"Terro, back so soon?" His grandfather greeted him with a hearty laugh as the said boy came inside the dojo. Terro nodded, dropping his duffel bag. He kneeled before his grandfather, his master, sighing as he did. "So what brings you here, my boy?"

"Grandfather... I feel... so lost," Terro admitted. "I don't... understand my classmates, nor do they understand me. I feel as if I am an alien visiting a strange world," He gripped his knees. "I feel like... I don't know what to do any more. I believe one way, and everyone tells me I should believe another, or I can not be a hero...," He gritted his teeth as he got every problem off his chest. "And... we were attacked by villains. My martial arts... the thing I've trained my whole life for, the very thing that makes me... me, was not good enough. I need to train my quirk... and I don't know how...," He looked up to his only family, wondering what the man would say. The old man stroked his bread before standing up.

"Walk with me, boy," he said before heading outside. Confused, Terro stood up to do the same, following the larger man. "First of all Terro, you must not say your martial arts are all there are to you. Anybody can learn them if they take the time to. No, your heart is what makes you you. Never forget that," 

"Hai," Terro responded, watching the man, turn to look at him. 

"In order to become a true martial artist, you must find your own path. It's not something you can find with only wielding your fists, it is only something you can find by finding the voice of your soul and speaking to it. The same is true of becoming a true hero," Terro looked down at himself.

"The voice... of my soul?" The old man nodded. 

"As for training your quirk, I am sorry to say I can not help you. You are the first in our family to have one, so I am inexperienced in that field," The master folded his arms. "But then again, that is why you went to the school, was it not?" Terro smiled, nodding. 

"Yeah, it was... Thanks grandpa," He said, looking up to the old man. His grandfather smiled, pulling him into a big hug. He then quickly broke it.

"Now, come on, let's get you some tea before getting some training in,"

Four days after he left the city, the wandering martial artist returned, walking through the streets, trying to head back to school. The atmosphere was... different than when he left. The air was tense, and it felt as if disdain could be felt from everywhere. People looked at him with a look of disgust, like he wasn't even human, and some held some strange signs that read 'Quirkless Lives Matter'. He wasn't sure why they needed signs to remind themselves of such an obvious fact. 

Still, he made it back to school without a hitch, and decided to look for Gin. Heading to the shooting range, the one place he figured Gin would be, he steeled his nerves. Now was the moment of truth, the stick he had to measure himself against in order to find out how far he needed to go. At the shooting range, he in fact, did find Gin, who he approached.

"I'm ready," was all he said.

School started back up, and Terro was feeling better than he had in awhile. He headed to school, avoiding confrontations with the ever agitated public. To his surprise, when he got to the entrance, Principal Glory stood waiting there.

"Mr. Khikyū. How are we feeling today? Did you have a nice week off?" Terro nodded. 

"It was nice... but... I am still worried... about many things,"

"You shouldn't be so worried," He said, getting on a knee and placing a hand on Terro's shoulder. "Whatever doubts you feel, you can and will overcome them. As for the villains and Double Dragon, we're doing all in our power to find them," Terro nodded, and was then sent off to class.

"But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today."  Suna looked around the room to no avail.  "I see that he's not here yet."  His brow twitched slightly.  "A great first impression I'd say." 

Terro tilted his head. A new student? They took in students after the exams closed? That was strange... maybe he was special.

"Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different.  See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was... Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. ] So until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

Terro looked at his desk. His hero costume... in the end, he couldn't imagine anything much different from the clothes he wore everyday. Maybe being this uncreative was a determent to becoming a hero? 

"I guess this seems right up your alley, huh? ...the tournament, I mean." Ichiro addressed Terro. The martial artist nodded in response.

"Yeah, tournaments were some of the only times I left the dojo," He explained. "They're a lot of fun... meeting new people, fighting against new styles. Still, this would be the first tournament I've ever been in where I can use my quirk. I have to say, I'm pretty excited. What about you? Are you excited?" He asked. 

h1v7t2f.png

"Ms. Sasaki. How are we feeling today? Did you have a nice week off?"

A week after the destruction of the Kashyyyk District, school was back in session. In the end, Sayuri opted to continue to delay her trip to the maid café. Is what she would like to have said. The reality was her parents urging her to keep a low profile in light of the rising anti-Quirk sentiments. Having such an obvious Quirk would make her an easy target and all. Sayuri didn't take the matter as seriously as her parents. This kind of fear was always a passing craze so that people had something to target, and Sayuri saw no point in getting worked up over it. Granted, it made her less eager to be a hero, if these were the kinds of people she'd be saving. She briefly considered being an antihero of sorts, but quickly dismissed the idea.

For now, she focused on Principal Glory, standing before her and welcoming her back to school. In response to his question, she signed, I had a quiet week in the dorms. I was able to work on my art, so that's a plus.

"That's good to hear. I'm just glad you're alright. I'm glad all of my students are alright. I'm sorry we couldn't do more. Now get to class little lady. We have some heroes-in-training that need some molding!"

Sayuri nodded in response, before hurrying to class. Perhaps because she lived on campus, or maybe simply because she was a fast girl, or quite possibly a combination of both, Sayuri was among the first students to return to her classroom.

lmHWTAK.png

Asuka was irritated today. She'd been gradually calming down, but it seemed that every day since the destruction of the Kashyyyk District started and continued on so many bad notes that one could write an entire bad symphony. When she burst through the gates of U.A. at long last with a distinctly angry huff, it may have been hard to tell from her body language if she was just going to school or walking away from a heated argument. In addition to her school bag, a second bag hung from Asuka's person today. It was one of those reusable shopping bags one could get at the store, though it seemed to have come from a store a long ways out from the big city she was living in now. As she started down the path toward the school building, the contents rattled lightly, before Asuka was met with the figure of Principal Glory himself.

"Ms. Kurosawa. How are we feeling today? Did you have a nice week off?"

Asuka still wasn't comfortable being called that. She remembered asking at least once to just be called Asuka, but she wasn't about to bring it up right after coming back to school after everything that had caused it to be canceled for a week. She thought about her week off before answering. "Well..."

The previous day...

"Why are Quirkless people like this?" Asuka groaned, looking at the latest news. To no surprise, it was about this newest Quirkless Lives Matter movement. Today, it seemed that some of them were pressuring a baker into closing his shop, simply because he used a Quirk to speed up the baking process. Looking over her shoulder, she asked to her godmother, "Hitomi, have Quirkless people always been like this?"

"Yes, definitely." Hitomi Sumida walked over and sat down next to Asuka, looking at the news. Talk about a throwback. "Sometimes they're violent, and sometimes they don't care. The bottom line is that we're different from them, kind of, but not as much as they'd imagine."

"It's irritating. All the hate for Quirks just because of a few villainous deeds is irrational and should be curbed."

"What should we do then, Asuka? Kill them all?"

"May..." Asuka stopped dead in her tracks before finishing even a single word. "Is this a trap?"

"Try to see things from their perspective, okay?" Hitomi reached an arm out for the TV remote, only to find it just out of her reach. No problem. From the palm of her hand grew a green tentacle, just long enough to reach for and wrap around the remote, before retracting into her hand so she could grip it more properly.

"That Quirk gives me the creeps. Please don't use it if we have company."

"Now you're getting it. These protesters feel the same way about every Quirk as you do with mine. It creeps them out, and so they don't like when people use Quirks. You know, you remind me a lot of someone I knew in high school."

"This again!?"

Hitomi paused a bit before continuing. Asuka seemed legitimately upset with everything that was going on around her. Hitomi didn't blame her all that much. Instead of going on her usual stories about the "amazing senpai" two grades above her, Hitomi instead just said "You're a lot like she was at your age. We even had circumstances like these around when you were born. Be careful what you do with those Quirkless Lives Matter people, okay?"

"Fine," Asuka grumbled.

"Come on, let's make some tea. And perhaps some cookies you can bring to class tomorrow. I'm sure your class could use a little pick-me-up."

"...not particularly," Asuka eventually answered. "But I'm not going to let it get me down!"

"That's good to hear. I'm just glad you're alright. I'm glad all of my students are alright. I'm sorry we couldn't do more. Now get to class little lady. We have some heroes-in-training that need some molding!"

"Yes, sir! Thank you again for accepting me into your school!"

Asuka moved with renewed vigor. She was still a little steamed about the protests, but Principal Glory believed in her. Or at least, she was pretty sure he did. Asuka imagined she wouldn't be here if he didn't. As such, she had to make sure to live up to whatever expectations the principal had for her. For now, that meant getting to class not long before Ino - avoiding and occasionally dealing with those protesters was one monster of a delay - and seating herself at her desk. She peeked inside the shopping bag at her side again as she propped it up on her desk. Hopefully these would give the class a much-needed morale boost like Hitomi suggested. Not too long after Asuka got comfortable, Ino showed up, sitting just in front of her as always.

"Glad to see you again! Have you been well?"

Before Asuka even had the chance to answer - thankfully - Suna arrived into the classroom. Something seemed different though, and Ino was the first to point it out. His arm.

"Oh yeah...this thing. I guess it would be too obvious for me to just waltz in here with a new one huh? I would've hoped you'd forgotten that part. It takes some concentration to keep it there...It's like I can still feel it when I see it...you know? Well, that's that. Now it's back to teaching you wannabes. But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today. I see that he's not here yet. A great first impression I'd say."

"I get to crush another newbie huh...sounds fun."

"Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different. See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was... Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. So until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

"Sensei," Asuka interjected with a raised hand, while Ino and Gin briefly exchanged words about the tournament. Asuka, for one, was in it to win it, and while she hoped she didn't have to beat down any particular friends of hers along the way, she was already starting to prepare herself mentally for exactly that. "If it's alright, my godmother and I made some sweets and drinks yesterday to bring to class. She figured everyone could use a bit of a pick-me-up." Out the corner of her eye, she glanced to where the costumes were. Asuka remembered that she only particularly wanted one feature in hers. Hopefully, it worked the way she wanted it to.

Mike

Over the week off, Mike had kept to himself more than usual, practicing his quirk and figuring out how exactly it worked, and what he could do to better himself. Despite any reserves he had, he was forced to contact his dad and ask about his quirk, one that is functionally similar to Mike's. Mike's dad gave a lot of insight into how his quirk worked, and he was able to find some more refined ways to apply his abilities. Unfortunately, a week is only so long, and despite how much effort Mike put into practicing, there was only so much he could refine and work with.

The general mood of the week did not help. Because of the disaster, things at Mike's homestay were very somber; it was possible that Mike's homestay family may have had relatives in Kashyyk, or at least someone they knew who was in that area. Mike had hoped that hanging out with friends from school would help lighten the mood, but Asuka's invitation had been put on hold. To make things worse, Mike had had nightmares of the events that had happened the week prior; the image of Professor Suna's arm being eaten stuck in his mind.

Going to school, Mike's week of poor sleep written all over his face. Walking into the building, Mike had accidentally bumped into Principle Glory.

"Ah, sorry," Mike mumbled as he looked up and saw the principle.

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Rosenfeld. How are you feeling today, did your week go well?" The Principle replied with a kind smile.

"I guess. I haven't been sleeping well, but the week was fine," Mike replied, doing his best to not mumble.

"I see, that's too bad. After school make sure to speak with Nurse Neko about that, she may be able to help. In the meantime, here's a bit of change for the coffee machine, you might need it to get through today." Principle Glory handed Mike a couple hundred-yen coins. "I hope your class goes well, and if you feel you need someone to speak to, do not be afraid to talk to any of our staff."

Mike smiled weakly. "Thanks." Principle Glory beamed brightly in reply, and Mike made his way to class.

Walking into class, Mike cradled a large paper cuff with steam gently wafting from the mouth. Sitting down, his head almost immediately collapsed into his arms as he closed his eyes for what few precious minutes he could before the teacher arrived.

Of course, it wasn't long until Suna had arrived, addressing the presence of his new prosthetic arm thanks to the functions of his quirk, but there was an additional tidbit of information that caught Mike's attention, forcing him to lift his head and peak his eye out from above his arms.

"...I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today." Suna looked around the room to no avail. "I see that he's not here yet." His brow twitched slightly. "A great first impression I'd say." A new transfer student?

"I get to crush another newbie huh...sounds fun," Gin said.

Hopefully they're not as crazy as some of the people in here, Mike thought to himself quietly as he shifted his head back into his arms. Hopefully they actually like hockey or watch any of the shows I like.

"Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities." Suna shuffled a bit. "However, this year will be different. See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was..." Suna shuddered as he remembered some type of flashback. "...Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research." Suna's eyes became very serious for a moment. "You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes." Suna pointed at the walls, in which small portions popped out adjacent to the students sitting across from them. "For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course." The portions of wall receded back into the room. "So until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this." Suna dragged himself out of the door, and left the students to talk.

"A tournament huh?! Sounds super neat... but I don't think I can win anything like that."  Ino said.

"And that's why you'll lose, Todoya. You aren't hero material after all. Now a guy like me?! I'm going all the way to the top! This is just another easy stepping stone for me to prove my worth!" Gin screeched from the back corner. His feet kicked up on the chair in front of his. "I know none of you stand a chance against me anyways.  Don't worry, I wont shoot to kill or anything." 

"Shut the heck up, Gin," Mike muttered, hoping he wasn't loud enough for Gin to hear.

"Sensei," Asuka spoke over the peanut gallery in the class, grabbing the teacher's attention. "If it's alright, my godmother and I made some sweets and drinks yesterday to bring to class. She figured everyone could use a bit of a pick-me-up."

Mike looked over, and remembered his own coffee. He figured it was cooled down enough by now, and took a tentative sip. Immediately his face screwed up at the flavor of the bitter liquid in his mouth, but forced himself to swallow, his face still betraying the unfamiliarity he had with such a drink, despite how much sugar the Japanese vending machines put in the coffee by default. He figured that having some sweets to go with the drink couldn't hurt.

But the concern at the front of Mike's mind was his costume. Holding his drink, he got up and moved over to the cases that held their suits. Finding his own, Mike went back to his desk and cracked it open quickly, like a child opening a Christmas present. On top of the costume inside was a note, that simply read:

Dear Mr. Rosenfeld
We received your requested design and specifications for your hero costume. While many of the requested designs were not possible for us to achieve in such a short amount of time,  we went out of our way and implemented some of our own features that we felt would greatly assist the use of your quirk. As well, we were forced to modify the design to avoid any sort of copyright disputes or similarities with existing intellectual products as well as to help you better stand out on your own; we hope that the new design is to your liking.
- The Support Department

Mike looked at the red suit underneath the note, and couldn't help but feel a smile break through on his tired face. With that settled, the issue of his sweet tooth was beginning to take priority over the interest in his costume.

Mike left his desk and approached the array of sweets and drinks that Asuka had set up on a make-shift table made from several desks pushed together. Instinctively Mike lifted his coffee to take another drink, but held himself back out of fear of embarrassing himself in front of her.

"Hey, what sweets did you bring?" He asked, unable to take his eyes off the food.

s06t3UC.png

It had been a week, and Isami still couldn't believe what had happened. He almost didn't believe it when Sayuri told him the Kashyyyk District had been wiped out, especially since it seemed like they had just barely escaped the explosion that wiped out the district. And yet, that's exactly what happened. It was all anyone ever seemed to talk about the week it happened; the news seemed to only cover stories about the destroyed district, including the death of Dr. Atomic. He spent most of the week at home with his sister, as the recent disdain for those with Quirks made it hard for her to even have her quirk active, let alone let her be a hero. Or at least that's what she told Isami.

Eventually the week would come to a close, and Isami would have to return to school. He talked it over with his family and, despite what had happened, they agreed that it would be for the best if he returned to the school. Since his phone was probably nothing but ash by now, he borrowed his sisters phone until they could get a replacement. He also had a much older looking backpack with him as he headed out the door.

When he arrived at the school, he was greeted by Principal Glory. "Mr. Kobayashi. How are we feeling today?  I hope your week off was nice." Isami looked up to the golden armored principal. 

Isami nodded his head. "It was a bit rough, but I got to spend my week with my sister and she made me feel better." He smiled softly at Glory, who responded by placing his hand on Isami's shoulder.

"I'm glad to hear that." He slowly knelled down, embracing Isami in a hug. It caught the snake boy off guard at first, especially with the coldness of the steel. "It's good to see that you, and the rest of your peers, are ok." He let go of Isami, standing back up as he stared off onto the distance. "Say, how is your sister anyways? I haven't seen her since she graduated from here." He turned back to Isami.

"Oh she's doing well! She's a full fledged hero now, and she's one of the best!" Isami said, a bit too excitedly. "Sorry..." He rubbed the back of his head, blushing slightly.

Principal Glory simply chuckled. "I see you admire your sister." He turned away from Isami. "It's good to have a role model. One day you'll be a hero just like her." He turned up to the clock. "Unless you don't get to class, that is." He laughed as he turned back to Isami, gesturing towards the door.

"O-oh right! I have to get to class!" He dashed pass Glory before stopping, turning back to the armored principal. "Bye!" He waved at the principal, causing the armored man to chuckle as Isami made his way to his classroom.

"But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today."  Suna looked around the room to no avail.  "I see that he's not here yet."  His brow twitched slightly.  "A great first impression I'd say."

Isami was half paying attention, instead looking out the window of his seat. He was still trying to take in the fact that Suna was here and mostly ok, although he did have a fake sand arm instead of his real arm. He turned at the mention of a new student as Suna continued.

"Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different.  See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was... Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. So until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

A competition? He had heard his sister talk about something like that before when she was still a student here. He thought about what type of design his costume had as he stared back out the window. His eyes locked onto a pair of flying birds.

The week off from school to do some personal challenge tasking seemed to fly by, faster than normal, and all the hate and debates that spawned from the Kashyyyk explosion last week didn’t help either. However, I tend to ignore such negativity and nonsensical arguments, and only to look at the positive things in life that make it worth living for. As I start to school life back up, I hope to increase my social relationships with my peers, even if some of them are total bigots. . . Though, that might be from my personal view. Well, I wish myself the best of luck, let’s hope Gin is a huge turd today.

After turning off the screen, Aaron started to get ready for school, and today felt different than any other day because he was ready for whatever UA was going to throw at him. Grabbing his bag and plugging in his headphones, Aaron made his towards the school. As he made his way to the school, countless yards and windows were filled with the “Quirkless Lives Matter” signs and posters, some even had anti-hero slogans as well. Gladly, being close to 6 in the morning, there wasn’t a lot of people out giving Aaron the death glare for just wearing the UA uniform, but there was at least 1 person who did.

Reaching the school, only a few teachers and some students were there, not even Principal Glory was outside greeting students yet. To waste some time before class starts, Aaron went to the piano room to prep his mind for what was to come.

After about half an hour of playing, there was a knock on the open door to the room. Standing in the doorway was Principal Glory. “You’re just full of talent Mr. Strom. If being a hero doesn’t work out, being a musician would certainly be an illustrious career to go into.”

“I guess it would be, but I wanted to be an artist, music is just a hobby of mine.”

“Well, either way, there are many seeking your kind of talent. But tell me, how has your week off been after that whole fiasco last week?”

“I want to say that I’m fine, but outside of the ‘Quirkless’ thing going on, I’ve been working on some personal problems dealing with myself and my peers.”

“Well, I hope your week off has paid off. I’ll leave you to your music. Have an enjoyable day!”

"But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today. I see that he's not here yet. A great first impression I'd say. Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different.  See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So, Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was... Highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know...this is a heated competition. One slip up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. So, until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

As Gin started another “I’m great, y’all suck!” speech, Aaron contemplated about how this year’s festival will be totally different than the others. I can’t believe that this won’t be a traditional festival, but just a straight up tourney with Class 1-B. I feel this is completely unfair to literally everyone else in the school. . . Anyways, I know generally everyone’s quirks here and what they can do, but I am spectacle about how they work. Now I got to do research on Class 1-B as well if I want to literally survive. . .

Getting up, Aaron made his way towards his costume and was surprised how heavy it was. On the case was a note:

Dear Mr. Strom

We ran into some problems with getting parts and materials for your tasers and we were unable to add them as requested. However, we will get those on as soon as able when we have received the necessary parts. Other than that issue, we have completed the suit to your specifications. We hope you are satisfied with your suit.

- The Support Department

Aaron took out one of his rods and just observed the work that went into making it, amazed how this school is able to do this kind of work. Putting it back in the case, Aaron walked over to the little assortment of treats that Asuka brought just to see if there was anything he liked.

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Multiple months earlier

Akira slowly woke to the sound of the alarm on his phone. Though he had not yet opened his eyes, he had the sense that it had been going for a while. Slowly, he slumped up into a sitting position, placing a hand on the back of his neck and tilted his head back and forth, a series of pops audible as he slightly winced, stretching out the soreness from sleeping poorly. Much to his disdain, the alarm continued despite his forceful attempt to disregard it. Opening his left eye only, he languidly looked down at the screen.

UA SPECIAL ENTRANCE EXAM AT 10:00

Frowning emphatically, he looked slightly upward toward the corner of the screen, seeing that it was now 9:21. A small amount of trivial mental math revealed that he had managed to sleep through his alarm for 31 minutes, well past his intended 8:50 wake-up. "You would think it would give up at that point." If he rushed, he would be able to get dressed and make it to the testing site in time, with no particular issue. His right eye still closed, he stared down at the screen, watching his phone buzz back and forth on his bedside table, the alarm piercing his loose grasp on focus. From what his father had told him, being a part of this exam was a pretty big deal. Most people vying for entrance into the premier hero school had to participate in a mass entry exam, competing for their chance to walk in the paths of some of the greatest heroes. Honestly, the whole thing seemed like a giant hassle Akira didn't want to deal with. Of course, if he participated, he knew he would win, but the whole thing still felt as if it would be a bore.

Luckily, this was not the exam Akira was scheduled for. In addition to the mass-exam, a handful of prospective students were scouted by UA staff, based on their performance in middle school, as well as whatever connections they may have. Honestly, the whole thing felt pointlessly political, but whatever, that's how things are. In any case, those students were to take a smaller, isolated exam a few weeks before the rest. Rather than being a competition, it was just to show off how skilled they were. Or something like that. Akira hardly glanced over the pamphlets his dad shoved in his face before shrugging and agreeing to take part.

And now, that exam was just over half an hour away.

Sighing, Akira reached forward, swiping the tip of his finger across the screen, dismissing the alarm. He slid back down into a laying position on his back, folding his hands behind his head as he closed his eye once again. "Oh no. I missed it."

c9SYpcu.png

Present day

Akira yawned, looking up at the entrance of UA. He wore the school's overly sophisticated uniform, albeit with the top button of his shirt undone and his tie extremely loose around his neck. Instead of a pair of uncomfortable formal shoes, he wore and older pair of sneakers, and the blazer was replaced with a simple, unzipped black hoodie. His eyes were concealed from view, covered by a surprisingly pristine pair of black sunglasses. This made an almost amusing contrast to Principal Glory, who stood at the top of the steps, clad in shining golden armor. It seemed as if Akira had been running late, as the principal didn't immediately notice his approaching, instead playing what the teen could only assume to be the latest gacha game on his phone.

As Akira reached the top of the steps, Glory noticed him, hurriedly putting his phone in what seemed to be a specialized pocket in the armor, making a mess of clanking and rattling sounds. "A-ah, Mr..." the principal awkwardly trailed off, before pulling his phone back out, seemingly checking something, "Mr Tomoaki! My apologies, did I pronounce that correctly? I have done plenty of greetings already this morning." Akira made an indifferent nod, confirming his identity. "In any case, welcome to UA. Despite the... unorthodox process that led you to be here, we are thrilled to have you. We placed in you Class 1-A, you should be able to recognize it by the door. And do try to keep in mind that the other students have been through plenty. I am well aware that you know just what happened to the Kashyyyk District, but they lost a teacher that day, and everyone grieves in their own way."

Akira sighed as the hero seemed to drag on and on, taking his first opportunity in the conversation to attempt to slip past, muttering a barely-coherent "Yeah, I understand." However, before he could get through the doorway, he felt Glory's armored hand on his shoulder, stopping him. The grip was caring, yet incredibly firm. Akira doubted he could escape from it without using his quirk. Turning his head to look back over his shoulder, he met the principal's stern gaze.

"And Mr Tomoaki, do try to be punctual next time."

"Ye-yeah..."c9SYpcu.png

Akira entered into his new classroom without any sort of fanfare, seeing that class had been going for a decent time at this point. Some of the students seemed to be eating snacks, while others inspected some kind of strange panels on the opposite wall. Clearly this was a school for the best of the best. Glancing around the class, he found an empty seat at the back of the room, on the side nearer to the entrance, sitting down and leaning on his elbow. His palm pressed against his cheek, tilting his sunglasses slightly, but they maintained cover over his eyes.

Without turning, he addressed the room, "So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk." Whoops. There went Principal Glory's advice.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"Yeah, tournaments were some of the only times I left the dojo. They're a lot of fun... meeting new people, fighting against new styles. Still, this would be the first tournament I've ever been in where I can use my quirk. I have to say, I'm pretty excited. What about you? Are you excited?"

Ichiro nodded a bit, before looking at his hand with a small sigh. "Excited...is a word. More of just...a little nervous." he said, looking back at Terro. "You know what my Quirk can do. All that force from it...annnnnd I tend to break my bones a lot from it." Ichiro shrugged a bit before smiling nervously. "I'm just nervous that I'll literally give my opponent's too much power from a strike and end up hurting them...and then breaking an arm or a leg in the process...to where I can't use it in the tournament."

This was, of course, a good reason for the young man to be nervous. Without him harming himself or even the other students, it was no wonder that Ichiro seemed a tad bit cautious about fighting in this tournament. After all...if people were watching this, he didn't want to make it seem like he couldn't just control his Quirk...which at this point, he couldn't. It was too raw and unstable...but what else was he to do.

With a sigh, Ichiro stood up and left his desk to head over towards the area where the costumes were. He found the one with his name and took it back to his desk. Unlike the others, he didn't have a set enhancement or addition to add to his costume when he...or rather, Rei, helped send in the design to the Support Department. After a brief moment, Ichiro opened the case, seeing a letter in it.

Dear Mr. Adachi,

We completed your costume, down to the finite detail in design. Of course, we enjoyed creating something with quite a bit of flair that was put into the design, so this was quite an interesting project to work on. However, the design request for a cape on this costume was not fulfilled. We believed this costume's design was perfect without the need of a cape. Not only this, but we ran out of material from the costume itself in order to make the cape. Now, regarding the lack of additions and enhancements to your original design, Principal Glory requested that we add a few things to protect your arms and legs due to your strong Quirk. As such, we put the strongest athletic bracers we could find in the boots and the gloves of your suit. Please note, these will not keep you from injuring yourself 100%, but it will at least help. We hope you are pleased with the final product!

-The Support Department

Athletic braces? Ichiro thought, putting the letter down as he thought about the fact that Principal Glory went as far as to put an addition suggestion to the team for his suit. He smiled some, before lifting up the suit some, sighing some as he shook his head.

x393wz.jpg

-A Few Weeks Back-

"C'mon Ichi...what type of costume would you want?" Rei asked, trying to sketch out an idea for his brother's costume.

"I-I...I really don't know." Ichiro sighed, his head laid on the table as he watched Rei sketch. "Can't I just...ya know...where a hoodie and some jeans?"

Rei only laughed before ruffling Ichiro's hair. "Ya could, but c'mon...not every day they give you the opportunity to design your own costume!" he said, before sitting back in his chair and tapping his lips with his pencil's eraser. "Hmmm...well maybe we can draw some inspiration from some of your comics."

Ichiro looked at Rei before sitting up. "Well...maybe...maybe we can use the comics from the western culture? Maybe...make a costume based on those types of heroes?"

"The western comics heroes?" Rei asked, before smiling and nodding. "I like the sound of that! Throw in some reds, whites, blues...maybe even a cape!" Rei only laughed before continuing the sketch and even adding the color to it. "Yeah. I think this'll be one amazing costume, Ichi!"

x393wz.jpg

-Present Day-

As Ichiro looked at the final product, he could only shake his head some. Lifting up the helmet-esque mask, he chuckled slightly. "Jeez...either we really went overboard on designing this...or they really spare no expense in creating these things." he murmured to himself, putting the mask down before closing the case.

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk."

Ichiro looked up almost immediately, seeing some new kid in the classroom...presumably the one Suna spoke of, and what he immediately said had him just staring at him. He...wasn't sure what to even say at this point. Other than wanting to just throw something at him for the comment. Kashyyyk, at this point and time, was still quite the touchy subject. Nevertheless, he only sat back down at his desk.

Ichiro nodded a bit, before looking at his hand with a small sigh. "Excited...is a word. More of just...a little nervous." he said, looking back at Terro. "You know what my Quirk can do. All that force from it...annnnnd I tend to break my bones a lot from it." Ichiro shrugged a bit before smiling nervously. "I'm just nervous that I'll literally give my opponent's too much power from a strike and end up hurting them...and then breaking an arm or a leg in the process...to where I can't use it in the tournament."

Terro blinked. He supposed he didn't have any room to talk... but...

"Hey, you tried... not throwing punches at full force?" He asked. "If your body can't handle full force... then you should try to start small and build it to it. That's a basic of strength training...," As he finished his sentience, a new person walked into the class room. Was this the mystical new student Suna-sensei spoke of? The boy took a seat, and without looking, spoke to them.

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk." Wow. Talk about a bad first impression. Terro was sure that even he and Gin got off on a better foot than this. The martial artist stood up and walked over to the new student, sitting in the desk in front of him to talk.

"Well, that doesn't seem like a fair assessment. You've barely been here a minute, you can't judge anything that quickly," He said. "But besides that," He gave a big smile. "I'm Terro. Your name is?"

MX55gTQ.png

The day after the Kashyyyk Incident, Creed called his mother and described the entire situation to her. He went over as many details that he could pull from the top of his head, including his bad hunch about the building. She gave him props for letting the thought cross his mind, but Ernest could be faintly heard laughing in the background before coming onto the line.

“Son, do you know anything about the U.A. Sports Festival this year?”

“ “I don’t think there’s a story about it that you haven’t told me, pops.”

“Hah, well, you’re probably right about that. Have they given you any information on this year’s festival?”

“ “No, I don’t think so.”

“Well, they’ll probably tell you something about it soon. Anyways, how is your Quirk training?”

“ “I haven’t made any improvements on speed tolerance.”

“That’s alright. It took years for me to get to where I am. Hang on, your mother wants to get back on.”

“I heard your father ask about your Quirk training and I wanted some input. Your Quirk is more like mine than your father’s, anyhow.”

“ “I can’t move them or make them on the fly like you, though.”

“That’s the thing, I wasn’t able to do that either. My barriers are functionally the same as your pads are, so with some training, you should be able to control your pads.”

Creed’s interest was piqued. Tori continued, explaining how the pads required a spatial anchor, keeping them in place relative to an object. While humans naturally anchor themselves to the Earth, she could mentally change her perspective, allowing her to anchor her barriers to anything.

Creed spent an hour or so each day practicing the technique of changing his anchors, although he couldn’t get it down consistently.

A few days later, Creed finally took the time to go out to get his phone screen fixed. As he made his way through the city, a very familiar gi drew Creed’s attention. Terro had passed by, headed towards the school. School still wasn’t back in session yet; Creed wondered where the martial artist was headed. Creed put his phone back into his pocket and began following Terro at a distance, watching to make sure his destination was still the same. The two passed by an array of protests, with signs such as “Quirkless Lives Matter” filling the streets.

Terro arrived at the school, with Creed following a good distance behind. It seemed that he went completely unnoticed. He followed Terro to the school’s shooting range, where a certain bucket of anger was waiting. Creed finally remembered the end of the conversation that he had listened in on earlier in the week. Finding a seat out of view of the two combatants, he watched as the two went toe to toe.

School started back up the next week, and Creed walked back to school. He passed through numerous protests, even being stopped more than once to either be asked for donations or just to be yelled at. He kept his head down in his phone, with a fresh, unbroken screen, until he arrived at the school.

“Mr. Creed, how are you doing today? Did you enjoy your week?” Creed’s head shot up from his phone. He was a little surprised at hearing his name actually called to him, as well as Glory’s not-so-terrible attempt to speak English.

“Oh, it’s just you.” He said under his breath. After being called out by so many strangers, he hardly expected a familiar face. “It wasn’t too bad,” he replied, returning to Japanese. Creed had never actually spoken to the principal directly before, only seeing him in assemblies and such. The awkward attempt at a conversation was not improved when Glory came in to hug Creed. The cold steel of the principal’s armor combined with the awkward size difference between the two made the entire sequence feel almost robotic.

“I'm just glad you're alright. I'm glad all of my students are alright. Now get to class, young man. Don't stick around in one place for too long.”

Creed continued into the school, where he stopped by a vending machine to grab a milk tea. After inserting his coins and pressing the corresponding button, he was granted an extra bottle by pure chance. Hauling both bottles in his jacket pockets, he entered the classroom. He wasn’t intent on drinking both teas, so he opted to pick a random classmate and give it to them. The first person that came to mind was Ino, however, she had not arrived yet. The next person he looked at was Gin.

While Creed decided whether he wanted to try to get Gin’s attention, or just lob the bottle at Gin’s head, Suna entered the classroom, sporting an arm made of sand. The ever excitable Ino was the first to point it out.

“Oh yeah, this thing. I guess it would be too obvious for me to just waltz in here with a new one, huh? I would've hoped you'd forgotten that part. It takes some concentration to keep it there. It's like I can still feel it when I see it... you know? Well, that’s that. Now it’s back to teaching you wannabes. But before any of that, I should say that we are having a transfer student join us today. I see that he’s not here yet. A great first impression, I’d say.”

“I get to crush another newbie, huh? Sounds fun.” Creed opted to peg Gin with the bottle at the next chance he got.

“Back to business as usual. I should inform you that the yearly U.A. Sports Festival is about to begin. As you know in the past, it was a day of events that showed off the Quirks of the newest generation by having students compete in tasks that were the best suited towards their abilities. However, this year will be different. See, our ratings have been a bit low as of late, and we need a new way to spice things up. So Omega decided that we should have you all fight one another. I voted against it, but I was... highly outnumbered. It's going to be a single elimination tournament. The fights will be chosen at random. This includes the class of 1-B as well, so don't slouch and do your research. You also might want to drop the goody two shoes act with everyone you know... this is a heated competition. One slip-up could have repercussions on your future career as heroes. For the competition, you will be wearing your Hero Costumes which were designed by the support class, to your specifications of course. So, until our new friend arrives, you have free time. Don't get used to this."

Creed’s immediate thoughts went towards Asuka and the events of last week. He turned to look at her, with a look that could be described as vaguely condescending. Either way, the air was broken when an unfamiliar face broke the local silence.

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk."

Creed didn’t have a rebuttal to that statement. “Eat snacks and laze around” is, more or less, exactly what he did in Kashyyyk. The bottle target changed from Gin to Shades. Terro came by and introduced himself. After the new kid responded, Creed interjected with his own introduction.

“I go by Creed. Hey, do you like milk tea?” Without waiting for a verbal response, Creed used a pad and launched the bottle directly at his forehead. He was curious what a transfer student had to offer, and his reaction to the drink speeding directly at him would provide something interesting, at least.

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey, what sweets did you bring?"

"Cookies for the most part, since it's easy to make a lot of them and there's so many types," Asuka answered, unloading the contents of the containers, which entailed enough small thermoses for everybody to have one (or that would be the case if a new student hadn't arrived today), and a few tupperware containers of different types of cookies. A notably larger thermos was the last object out of the bag, which Asuka set down closer to the edge of the desk and near her, as opposed to everything else that was placed to be more within reach without getting too deep into her personal space. Nodding toward the thermoses, she added "Those have tea; that was my idea. Be careful, it's hot." Asuka aimed to make the first day back at school get off on a good note.

And just like that, it was off on a sour note. Terro and Creed both seemed to deal with it in their own ways. Asuka, for one, was caught between calling the new student out or leaving it be. Gin was definitely going to jump on the boy. Four different retaliations at once, with varying levels of aggression, seemed a bit harsh. Although she definitely didn't approve of the first impression this person was making, Asuka opted to keep her thoughts to herself on it. Instead, she popped open the larger thermos meant for her, and took a big swig of tea out of it. Cinnamon flavored. Her favorite. In the meantime, she generated two pairs of crystals, keeping her attention switching back and forth between Gin and the new kid.

h1v7t2f.png

Sayuri's ears perked up at the sound of the new student. Well he's just a ray of sunshine. Gin's gonna shoot him. Sayuri briefly pondered if Gin was the type of kid to hate sunshine before turning her attention to the costumes. Sayuri's wasn't all that amazing, if they stuck to the design. It was what came with the costume that she was excited for. Why couldn't they have their costumes right now? Sayuri wanted hers, so she could get used to it and use the device it came with. If costumes weren't available, it was time to address the other elephant in the room, which Terro and Creed were already working on.

The new kid. Sayuri was still perfectly confident Gin would shoot him. There wasn't really much point in trying to stop him either; Sayuri couldn't overpower him if she had to do it by force, and words probably wouldn't have much sway on him. At least not if it meant getting him off the desire to shoot someone. Of course, Sayuri was fine with that, since although she typically didn't endorse violence, the new kid absolutely had it coming. Best to get it over with early then. Sayuri looked behind her seat, at the two boys with very different personalities. Isami was daydreaming again. Or something similar. He did that a lot, but it also meant he wouldn't notice if Sayuri sent some "subtle" hints Gin's way.

Sayuri quickly wrote down some words on the trusty whiteboard, before turning and sliding it along the floor, aiming for Gin's feet.

Fire at will.

Also, erase this message when you read it, and give my whiteboard back.

Act like I dropped it?

Mike

"Cookies for the most part, since it's easy to make a lot of them and there's so many types," Asuka answered, unloading containers and thermoses, Mike's attention focused on the Tupperware containers to see what sorts of cookies were inside. "Those have tea; that was my idea. Be careful, it's hot." Mike reached for a thermos, but remembered that he had his own drink. It would be weird to be drinking tea at the same time as coffee, so he'd need to drink the coffee first.

Gin had yelled back at Mike, having overhead his small request that he shut up. It was typical Gin affair as far as the class went, but the yelling regardless caused Mike's eyes to narrow, his fists to clench, and his jaw to tighten. Anyone who looked closely enough could tell it was taking quite a bit of effort to hold himself back.

"I... already have my own drink, but thanks, I hope I have time to try some tea," Mike replied stiffly, reluctantly holding up the large cup of coffee. Mike reached for a standard, chocolate chip cookie and took a bite, following it up with a drink of his coffee. At first, it looked like he was bracing himself for the same taste, but with the way the flavors of the cookie and the coffee blended in his mouth, he found himself pleasantly surprised and proceeded to continue eating the cookie with his coffee.

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk," Mike glanced over, having not even noticed the new kid walk in. He swallowed the remainder of what was in his mouth with a tang of guilt. Why did the school accept so many ill-tempered people? Did they not do any sort of attitude-screening?

"Why is he wearing sunglasses indoors?" Mike whispered in Asuka's direction. Mike wasn't sure how the class was going to handle the situation. Terro seemed to be trying to handle things peacefully, but the new kid had stepped onto a mine-field with one statement, and judging by the crystals that Asuka had just made, people were ready to fight already. Mike shrunk down and sat in the nearest available desk, hoping things would just blow over.

Ed751i6.jpg

So she did have a godmother?  It was obvious that that was the case...but Ino didn't really know Asuka's Ino's eyes brightened as she saw Asuka start to unpack all the goodies that were hiding within.  Tupperware containers were now the only thing standing between her and a delicious mid-day snack.  Holding back as much as possible, and trying to not visibly shake, she opened one and grabbed the cookies contained inside.  As she was about to bite down on one, she saw the new student enter the classroom.  He looked rather normal, and she was just about to introduce herself when, 

Her eyebrows flattened, as she looked on with disgust.  She stuck her tongue out and whipped her head around as fast as possible, pouting as she did so.  

"Geez...who said Mr. Grumpy Gus over there could rain on the parade."  Ino continued to gnaw on her cookie, speaking out loud as she did so.  "Hey Ashukha, didshoo bwin anee miwk?"  She bit down, and held the other piece in her hand.  "I don't do cookie's and tea...it mixes in my stomach all weird."

HE70W3a.jpg?1

"Shut the heck up, Gin," 

"HUH!?"  Gin said, jumping out of his seat, and stamping his foot on his desk.  "YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY NERD?!  YA BETTER SPEAK UP LOSER!"  After exploding, Gin sat back down and grit his teeth.  "Or else I'll blow that mouth of yours away, if we meet in the bracket.  Brace yourself."

Gin's eyes went blank for a split second.  When they returned to their senses, they almost became bloodshot, as his pupil receded with rage.  Terro was walking up to greet the new kid.  That goodie two shoes would never learn...if he was going to be friends with someone who could say such a thing about the class he was in...about that terrible incident...then he would get nowhere in this world.  A shame too...that training had done a lot for the both of them.  As his fist curled tightly onto the desk, something on the floor tapped his shoe.  Looking down without moving his head, he saw that it was a whiteboard.  

Fire at will.

Also, erase this message when you read it, and give my whiteboard back.

Act like I dropped it?

Gin would've smiled, if his teeth weren't nearly about to gnaw his bottom lip off.  He wiped the message off with his shoe, and kicked it back to her, making the legs of her chair ring.  He slammed his fist on his desk as he stood up.  

"Don't tell me what to do...I was already gonna do it Wolfie."  As a type of bottle whirred through the air towards the new kid, it was the perfect target for Gin.  He aimed with his finger, and blasted the jug, letting the plastic shatter into hundreds of pieces, letting loose any of the contents and having them fly at the student.  Gin looked to who threw the jug.  The instigator this time, before him even, was Creed.  Gin looked at the parent wannabe with a fire still lit in his eyes.  "Say..."  He growled, "That's some hero-like behavior right there."  Gin made his way aggresively towards the new student, gripping Terro by the shoulder, and pushing him back.  Gin stood nose to nose with the new kid, his eyes almost looking past him.  "You've got a lot of nerve saying that to this class, punk."  He pulled on the new kid's collar, and raised it up.  "I bet you ain't even seen a villain, let alone fight one.  I bet you'd piss your pants if you even had an inkling of an idea what we dealt with."  Gin raised his finger and pointed it at the kids chest.  "I'll blow you away if you say anything like that again."  Gin then let go of the kids collar, and stood right next to Terro with his hands in his pockets, his eyes still deadlock on the new kid.  

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk,"

Aaron, and literally everyone, turned to see a new face in the room to let everyone know that this is the new kid. However, the way how he phrased that sentence made everyone a book cover without reading the book itself. That sentence alone made Aaron upset and angry towards him, however, Aaron ignored the thought and made his way over to the new guy. Terro already beat Aaron to the punch by introducing himself to him, but soon after Creed launched a bottle towards him as a means of “shut your face dude”. Aaron immediately reached his hand out to catch the bottle, but it suddenly burst into shards of glass making Aaron retract his hand. Aaron knew exactly who shot the glass and shot a glance of anger towards Gin as he proceeded with his next speech.  "You've got a lot of nerve saying that to this class, punk. I bet you ain't even seen a villain, let alone fight one.  I bet you'd piss your pants if you even had an inkling of an idea what we dealt with. I'll blow you away if you say anything like that again.”

Aaron just nearly about lost it with this threat. Sure, the guy was just judging based on what he saw, but the threats from Gin was just too much, even for a bully like him. “I have had with you and your constant complaining Gin!” Aaron slammed his fist on the closest desk to him while looking straight at Gin with death in his eyes, as was Gin just for talking to him. “YOU have a lot of nerve to start a fight after a week of peace for many of the students here. I’m just as angry as you towards sunshades here for that comment, but sometimes you just need to freakin’ ignore it! For once, just once can you stop being a total prick and letting every little comment affect you? Literally, ever since I met you, you acted like a villain than an actual hero. Try to be nice for once? Would it kill you to get to know some of your peers instead of sending “suicide” threats to everyone you encounter? No amount of constant complaining is going to get you anywhere unless you are a villain! So, stop acting like huge dill weed and get some freaking help with your attitude problems!” Aaron then shot a glance towards Creed, “And you! I expected more from you Creed. You can be just as bad as Gin when you hear something you don’t like. Stop acting like the hurt bystander and freakin’ ignore it. A comment can only hurt if you allow it to.”

Aaron quickly turned around to shades and bowed to him. “I am sorry for my classmates’ behavior! My name is Aaron. I am sorry!” Without hesitation Aaron got out of there and went outside the door to catch his breath, knowing that Gin was about to lose it on him, he closed the door behind him. The feeling of adrenaline was pumping throughout Aaron just from standing up to Gin, again, but full of stupidity and courage. Aaron let out a small laugh from pure excitement knowing that he was being brave just standing up for someone he didn’t know. Though it wasn’t what he was expecting to do, the righteous anger towards Gin was needed for maybe not Gin’s sake, but for Aaron’s morale. Aaron laughed a bit more, ““I can’t believe I did that. . .””

Ee9cS21.png

c9SYpcu.png

Truth be told, Akira meant very little by what he said. He saw the blast that decimated Kashyyyk himself: it was clear that none of these relative strangers could have held a candle to it. Not to mention that he was far from being an advocate for hard work and perseverance. On at least some level, he had hoped someone would have said "Yes, stranger, this is all we do." In any case, the main reason he said it was to get a read of the room. He knew it would ruffle a few feathers, but he had no real reason to fear anyone in the classroom. Even if things turned violent, he would be fine in the end. It wouldn't have been the first time someone tried to pick a fight with him and regretted it.

c9SYpcu.png

Three weeks earlier

"Aki! Aki, wake up!"

Akira felt himself stirred awake far more quickly than he preferred. Opening his eyes, his body registered the feeling of a hand on his shoulder, shaking him into wakefulness. His mother leaned over him, wearing an expression of carefully-measured annoyance. After blinking sleepily for a few seconds, he hurriedly fumbled at his bedside table, grabbing his sunglasses and putting them onto his face. His mother let go of his shoulder, rolling her eyes.

"You need to get up and ready. Your first day of hero school is today!" She threw open the blinds, sunlight breaking into the room and justifying the boy's eyewear.

Akira sat up, placing a hand on his forehead as if he were nursing a headache. "Do I have to? The school you and Dad wanted me to go to doesn't start for another week." His mother looked back at him with an expression bordering on real anger, picking up his hoodie from the floor and hanging it on a hook on his door. As the sunlight hit her through the window, it reflected at unusual angles, creating an almost mystifying sparkling effect. This quirk of hers, simply called "Sparkle" wasn't useful for much, but it helped her ratings as a TV anchor.

"You missed out on that chance when you slept through both of your chances at the entrance exam. You are just lucky that your father knows the right people and was able to pull some strings to get you into this academy. It isn't as high-notoriety as UA, but as long as you work hard and keep at it, I know you will do great!" She walked out the door, shutting it behind her.

"I never agreed to these terms," Akira muttered after her as she left, groaning before he begrudgingly got out of bed and got dressed for school.

A while later

Akira casually walked down the hall of his new school. It was bordering a district where the quality of life was lower and the crime rates were higher, so everything he had seen so far was a bit seedier than he had been used to. He had received a few strange looks for his choice of wearing sunglasses at all times, but considering he was fairly certain one of those looks came from a sentient lamppost, he didn't pay it much mind. Besides, it didn't particularly matter to him what all these people thought. He had made it through a few classes by this point, and everything was just as dull as he had expected.

As he thought about how much he would prefer to be doing literally nothing in lieu of hero school, his attention toward his surroundings gradually dropped, until he bumped shoulders against a stranger. Sighing, Akira stopped after a few steps, turning slightly and looking over his shoulder. Typically, what people would do in the situation he was in is apologize, so he thought he may as well put his best foot forward. "I didn't notice you." Close enough.

Looking the impromptu barrier up and down, Akira observed that they were in fact a she. Her red hair seemed to trail almost all the way down to her ankles, and her forehead was adorned with a small pair of horns. She looked at him with red eyes. Did that mean she was angry? They were probably always red. "The hell you mean you didn't notice me? You blind behind those glasses???" She was probably also angry. "I think it's pretty clear you don't know how this works. My name is Suda Kiyohime, and in this school, I'm the one in charge. Got it?" A quick glance back and forth seemed to reinforce the dragon girl's delusion, as Akira noticed himself being slowly surrounded.

Sighing, he began turning toward her. He really wasn't interested in having to fight someone, especially on the first day. His main goal for the day was to wait until he could leave. "Listen, girl, you really don't want to be picking a fight wi-" Akira was interrupted in the middle of his sentence as he felt a sharp pain on his cheek, his face tilted away from where he had been looking, seeing her feet on the opposite side form where she had been. She had somehow managed to hit him without him even realizing what happened. She was fast. And not only that, but everything seemed to be a few shades lighter. Akira tilted his head up slightly, his face still concealed to everyone by his low-hanging hair, as he saw his sunglasses in the dragon girl's clenched fist. With a swift motion, she snapped them in half.

"As I was saying, you don't want to pick a fight with me."
c9SYpcu.pngOne tangentially related flashback later...

"Well, that doesn't seem like a fair assessment. You've barely been here a minute, you can't judge anything that quickly," The first bite of the morning seemed to be some guy that seemed strangely out of place in a classroom. He looked as if he was bothered by the comment Akira made, but wasn't making much fuss of it. "But besides that, I'm Terro. Your name is?" The boy seemed friendly enough, trying to establish some kind of working relationship.

Akira sighed scratching the temple of his head without changing his position at all, "Ah, Tomoaki." Though it wasn't visible to anyone else in the room, he rolled his eyes, as if he were reading a script for the hundredth time, "My given name is Akira, but no, it doesn't mean light." Feigning interest in overly-friendly Terro, he continued, "Terro? Your parents must hate bugs..." Akira smirked slightly, though the expression quickly faded as an annoying noise to his left interrupted his enjoyment of his own joke.

“I go by Creed. Hey, do you like milk tea?” Akira raised an eyebrow at the stupid and out of place question, and as he turned his head toward the source of the noise, he saw a bottle of what he could only assume to be milk tea hurtling toward his face. His muscles tensed, as he prepared to use his quirk, but that was quickly made unnecessary by yet another annoyance on his left. The bottle suddenly exploded in the air, struck through by a faint red beam that seemed to originate from the fingertip of some spiky-haired piece of hot sheet. The contents of the bottle splattered onto Akira, but luckily the majority of it landed on the hoodie he wore over his uniform's dress-shirt. Even so, a few drops of milk-tea managed to land on his glasses.

Sighing once again, Akira stood up beside the desk he had occupied, closing his eyes before removing his sunglasses. He carefully wiped them off, as the angry one went on some sort of tirade. "Say... That's some hero-like behavior right there." Akira legitimately couldn't tell whether the wire-brush of a boy was being sarcastic, or if he had a truly twisted sense of heroics. Perhaps it was both. Things only seemed to be getting better, as Gin turned his attention toward Akira, "You've got a lot of nerve saying that to this class, punk." As the finger gun guy spoke, Akira replaced his glasses on his face, once again opening his eyes, only to find Gin standing directly in front of him. He wondered if he was this obnoxious with everyone, or if he was special. Before he could decide which of the two would be more amusing, he was grabbed by the collar, presumably as some vague kind of threat. "I bet you ain't even seen a villain, let alone fight one.  I bet you'd piss your pants if you even had an inkling of an idea what we dealt with. I'll blow you away if you say anything like that again." This kid really seemed to be worked up over this. Looking down, Akira could see that the boy's finger pointed at his chest. The threat was now considerably less vague. Even so, he was quickly let go of, with the angry one stepping back to stand beside the one who greeted him before.

"You seem like you were offended personally by my comment. Were you the first one down, or something?" Glancing toward the general population on his left, he spoke to the room once again, "Is he always like this? It seems tiresome keeping up with these pointless angry types." Before he could get any sort of answer, another kid seemed to have some kind of barely-coherent rant at the angry one, who Akira now learned was named Gin. Maybe he is just drunk? In any case, this new person went on and on about some stupid ideals or something, Akira probably wouldn't have been able to explain the contents of the rant if asked seconds after, the entire thing just seemed like a waste of effort for both speaker and listener. From what he could tell, he was being defended by this kid, though that wasn't really something he needed, since his constitution was slightly stronger than that of a plastic bottle and he was confident he would be able to hold his own if things went sideways, though that was far from what he wanted. Before long, the ranting one introduced himself as Aaron, apologizing for reasons Akira didn't fully understand and leaving the room.

"Is anyone in this room sane?"

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey Ashukha, didshoo bwin anee miwk? I don't do cookies and tea...it mixes in my stomach all weird."

"No milk, sorry. I'll keep it in mind if I ever do this again."

"Why is he wearing sunglasses indoors?"

"No idea," Asuka whispered back. There were so many reasons for somebody to wear sunglasses indoors that just picking one without any real knowledge of the person wearing them was impossible. Perhaps he was blind? But that didn't seem to be the case, since Asuka didn't see a cane or anything like that on his person, unless his sense of hearing was just that good. Maybe it was a fashion statement? But why? Perhaps he was American? This class sure seemed to have a lot of foreigners, between Creed, Mike, Aaron, and potentially the new student if that was the case. Something told Asuka that wasn't the case though. She almost wanted to ask, but before she had the chance to present the boy with her question, he had his own, in response to Gin's latest tirade.

"Is he always like this? It seems tiresome keeping up with these pointless angry types."

"He's always like this," Asuka sighed in response. "I'm pretty sure his heart's in the right place though." Even if it's tough to tell sometimes. He at least wants to be a hero. That's something.

"Is anyone in this room sane?"

I really don't know. Okay. Maybe the new kid wasn't out to get everyone riled up. Perhaps he was just tactless? Like Gin minus the aggression? That wouldn't be so bad. It seemed a fight wouldn't be breaking out after all, so Asuka was free to redirect her crystals into her bag. She'd probably have to move them around when it came time to put the thermoses and tupperware back. Since Ino didn't seem to be good with cookies and tea together - although Asuka did know that it wasn't the most conventional combination - that freed up one tea for the new boy. That meant she had just the right amount. Perfect. Putting the lid on her own drink briefly, Asuka grabbed one of the smaller teas and one single cookie - everybody liked chocolate chip, right? - and made her way to the new boy. Tomoaki Akira seemed to be his name. But it didn't mean light. Interesting.

"Here, Tomoaki," Asuka said, extending the peace offering to the boy. "I think your comment about the Kashyyyk District may have gotten you off on the wrong foot with... well, everyone. It's a bit of a sensitive subject. I'm Ku... actually, just call me Asuka."

h1v7t2f.png
Sayuri felt and heard the sound of her whiteboard collide with the desk legs. And then there was Gin's shot at the bottle Creed had tossed, and his threat to the new boy. Tomoaki Akira. That was probably going to happen to him anyway. No need to feel like a culprit. Eventually, Akira asked if anyone in this classroom was sane. Sayuri was definitely sane, and Isami - daydreamer though he may have been - was perfectly normal too. Terro was sane. Ichiro was normal. Come to think of it, it seemed most of the class was sane, just with a couple outliers that made it seem otherwise. That would be good to let Akira know. Even if he was probably a bit of a prick, there was no need to mislead him.

Most of us are sane, yes.

Quick and to the point. Perfect. With her answer to Akira's question complete, Sayuri turned in his direction and held up the trusty whiteboard. Hopefully he'd see the message.

s06t3UC.png

"So is this all you do? Eat snacks and laze around? I can't say I object to this class schedule, but it definitely explains Kashyyyk." Isami's attention was brought away from the the outside and towards someone he didn't recognize; presumingly, the new kid. He nearly flinched at the mention of Kashyyyk, the field trip still fresh in his head. It was a bit difficult to tell because of the sunglasses, but it didn't seem like the new kid meant what he said to offend. Still, it was hard not to be upset with what he said, especially due to how recent it was.

Isami watched as various students got up to respond to the kid, who he overheard was called Akira from his conversation with Terro. Isami jumped when he heard the ringing of metal in front of him, followed by the sound of someone slamming their desk behind him. "Don't tell me what to do...I was already gonna do it Wolfie." Isami turned to Gin, confused by what he meant. He turned to the only person in the room who could possible be called "Wolfie", before flinching as he heard the sound of a bottle exploding. He turned to Akira who was now not only covered in milk tea, but was also being assaulted verbally by Gin. Aaron stepped in to tell Gin off before stepping out of the classroom. 

Things had calmed down, thankfully, as Asuke made her way towards Akira with a collection of goods in her hand. He took the opportunity to get up from his seat, walking towards Terro, who had been put aside by Gin. "I hope things calm down soon..." He remarked softly, before turning to Terro. "I'm sure he didn't mean what he said to offend us... right?"

Archived