Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

lmHWTAK.png

"I-I-if I stop vibrating, can you be my friend?"

"I don't see why no--"

"Greetings students. My name is Mr. Langley Faust. You may know me as Dr. Atomic."

Uh-oh. Asuka heard about this guy. From what she'd been told growing up, he was just as cruel and bloodthirsty as any he--No, I need to stop thinking that's how they really are! Focus, Asuka! Mother was wrong! As the teacher continued about the verbal pop quiz, Asuka began moving her crystals under her desk. Hopefully he wouldn't call out her name anytime soon. Asuka listened intently as the first student up - a boy named Isami, apparently - introduced himself and his Quirk, and how his sister was also a hero! Red Falcon. Asuka had heard the name a couple times, but she didn't know anything solid like she did with basically every staff member she'd laid eyes on since getting here.

"Langley....I hope you aren't antagonizing my students..."

Fortunately, it seemed Asuka's name would not at any point be called out in this verbal pop quiz Dr. Atomic had handed out. Because, as Mr. Takeda went on to explain, the good Doctor was in fact not this class's homeroom teacher. As the not-teacher made a dramatic exit through the window - Asuka had heard heroes were really fond of those kinds of things, and her mother seemed to at least be right about that - Mr. Takeda informed the class that there would not be a verbal pop quiz. However, there was going to be a test. A vibration shot through her desk. Ino must have been surprised. Asuka made sure to grab her bag on the way out of the classroom.

And so the class was brought to the school gynmasium. There with the class and teacher was a large iron block, the purpose of which became abundantly clear as Mr. Takeda explained the test to the class.

"I don't care how, or what you do...but I want you to budge this block somehow. One millimeter is all that will suffice...but if you can't...It won't look as if it'll help you pass this test. You might as well give up if you can't even do this simple task. What hero can't move 1 ton!?"

The first one up was some boy. He looked abundantly plain, but his Quirk proved to be most interesting. He created a green blast when he jumped at the block, and again when he kicked it. He seemed pretty excited that he moved the block. The floor, on the other hand, seemed far less stoked. Next up was another boy, who just...he just launched the block right up through the ceiling. For a moment there, Asuka thought maybe he'd sent it out of orbit, but the block soon came crashing down, throwing wood all over the place on impact. Asuka moved her crystals in front of her face to keep any debris from hitting it. And then there was the boy who levitated a one-ton block of iron before kicking it into the wall. This is my competition for hero school? I knew getting into U.A. was a big deal, but I wasn't expecting anything like this. I feel so weak all of a sudden.

Then there was Isami, the snake druid. He simple whacked the thing with his tail, nudging the block and apparently hurting himself in the process. Asuka couldn't bear this waiting anymore. "I'll go next!" she declared, stepping forward with crystals in tow. Asuka rolled up her sleeves, and took a deep breath. A second pair of crystals, identical in every way to the first, began forming out of her forearms. Not long after they emerged and began hovering just behind Asuka, a third pair appeared, and then a fourth! There were now eight crystals near Asuka, and the girl extended an arm outward toward the block, prompting her octet of crystals to whiz through the air, impacting the block in a rapid-fire fashion one after the other, nudging it a bit on the last crystal or two. It was something.

Asuka returned to the mass of students, and opened up her bag. From inside, she procured a bottle of water, then opened it and took a long sip from the bottle.

h1v7t2f.png

One by one, students were lining up to move a big block of iron, even if it was just by a single millimeter, to prove that they were worthy of joining U.A.'s student body. Sayuri almost wanted to intentionally botch her attempt and be sent home, but that would just be disrespectful to everyone involved. To herself, U.A., and most importantly, her familiy. Whether she liked it or not (she didn't), Sayuri would have to nudge that block just by a little bit. She watched as students launched it about, smacked it, and one girl shot it with crystals that came out of her arms! By now, most of the class had already taken their turns. Guess I'll try it now. Sayuri mentally shrugged.

Lacking the vocal cords to declare her intent to go next, Sayuri instead raised her hand and stepped to the front of the class. Now that she was up to the plate, Sayuri got down on her hands and feet, bending her knees backwards in the process for optimal all-fours running, before stretching a bit. She almost looked more cat-like in nature than wolf-like for a moment, but once she started running, it was clear this was no mere feline. Sayuri dashed forward, aiming right for the block. Or, that's how it seemed at first. Instead, Sayuri turned for the nearest wall, which she scaled briefly before turning and running down, netting herself some extra speed, before darting even faster toward the block. Once she was in pouncing range, Sayuri leaped forward, hands and feet together and ready to hit the block as hard as she could. As soon as she felt iron under her hand/footpads, Sayuri jumped off its side with all she had, nudging the block just slightly as she went through the air.

Along the way back down, Sayuri straightened her posture back up, including bringing her knees back to a more human-looking angle, and landed with a bit of a run on just her own two feet. It wasn't until then that she realized and truly acknowledged she was the only person in the room not wearing shoes. It's not like I can wear them anyway. Footpads get in the way. Well, if anyone brings it up, that's their problem instead of mine. Instead of lingering on the thoughts of shoes any longer, Sayuri gave the class a thumbs-up before returning to be among them once more. Somebody seemed to be hurting. And Sayuri basically only knew that somebody so far.

The wolf gave her snake buddy-to-be a nudge on the shoulder, waiting to have his attention. And once she had it, Isami would be greeted with a series of hand signals. Sign language. Sayuri hadn't brought her whiteboard to the gym, so until she got back to the classroom, it was the only form of communication she had on her.

Is your tail okay? she signed.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asami took no initiative to go up. Although she made no show of it, she was at a loss. Move one ton? To be honest, she did not even exercise all that regularly; her brother got her into running in the mornings, but she would slack on that pretty often. Besides, running wouldn't help here, what kind of massive gains did she need to push that?

All her classmates had quirks that helped them in one way or another. One kid even shot the block straight through the ceiling, what kind of overpowered quirk was that? This was not fair.

When her turn finally came, Asami forced herself out of her panic of failing and creased her eyebrows slightly as she went deep in thought. An idea struck her a moment later and she trudged her way over to the block while nervously mulling over her idea. She put one hand on the block and began channelling her power. It occurred to her that what she was going to do was more of a magic trick... unfortunately, she did not exactly have that showmanship to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

Well, she had to try didn't she?

The block seemed to melt away as her quirk flowed through it and made it as transparent as the air. Hesitantly, she looked at the teacher. "This good?" Asami said. Giving barely any time for response, she continued. "Okay, I'll put it back now."

She bit her lower lip as she withdrew her hand and the block reappeared.

8tOKosA.jpg?1

Suna looked on as the students, one by one, took turns trying to move the block by the slightest margin.  However, besides the first display of the child harboring that green force, and the other with his perpetual motion devices, the other students' displays were rather lack luster.  He sighed, as he wondered how some of these kids even passed the exams.  One girl in particular, looking plainly at the block, touched the block of iron and made it disappear.   

"This good?" 

Suna resonated with this girl.  

"I have no proof that the block is not moving...or didn't move...so yes...that is all."  There were only three students left to take this part of the test...one being the one he wanted to test the most here.  

Meanwhile, Ino looked on, oohing and awing at all of the marvelous quirks her classmates possessed.  They were all so unique and nifty in every sense of the word!  Someone interrupted her wonderment by walking up to her and starting a conversation.    

"Hey, Cell Phone, are you gonna go up anytime soon, or are you just going to keep buzzing over here?  I'm Creed, by the way. I think I forgot that." 

It was the boy who had propelled that iron block all the way in the air, only for it to plummet down and do some heavy damage.  

"Wow Creed!  That's a nice Quirk!  What's it called!  How do you do it?!  I'm so impressed, let's be friends!"  She said jumping unintentionally due to the vibrations rumbling in her feet.  

"Can you shut it?!  It's my turn now!"  Gin aggressively yelled, as he approached the block.  The kid pointed his finger to the target of the test, and positioned his hand to make it look like a gun.  "Honestly...my quirk can beat all of yours easy peasy.  You might've moved this thing a little bit..."  A small red orb took shape in front of the boy's pointer finger.  "But they pale in comparison to mine."  As he finished his sentence, the boys arm reeled back, and the orb in front of his finger disappeared.  He blew the smoke from atop of it, and walked away from the block.  Suna looked closer at the Block, and noticed a hole had been bored straight through it.  On the other side, pieces of the iron block lay scattered on the floor.  

"Technically, he moved part of it...that's a pass in my book."  

Gin smirked.  

"Of course...now which one of these losers is gonna fail next, I wonder?"  

Ino almost could be seen steaming.  

"Ooooooooooooh!  He's so mean!  I almost don't want to be friends with that guy...but I'll show him!"  It was her turn next.  She walked up to the block that had been displaced so many times by the others, and focused her emotions into her palms.  They started to blur from vibrations, and she smacked her palms on the ground.  The floor around her trembled, and shook, prompting the block to rumble and do the same.  With such an uneven floor being constantly bombarded with vibrations, it had to find new ground a few feet away.  As Ino looked up to realize the block had moved, she jumped for joy.  She ran back to Creed with a smile on her face.  "It wasn't as impressive as you, but I still did it!  I can hold my own!"  

Suna scratched his cheek before turning to the last remaining student.  

"Ichiro...you're up...don't disappoint."  

Clinic

"Nurse Neko, my dear.  Won't you cure me of my ailments?  I predict I'm sick with a case of. . . Love"

The school's nurse's ear's pricked up upon hearing the mating cry of a sick dodo bird.  However, she turned only to find Dr. Langley floating in the air in front of her.  She looked irritated, as if she were about to punch the man. 

"It's the first day of school, Dr. Langley...have you no shame."  The fur on the back of her neck was perking up, as she balled her cat-like fist.  "I have the cure for your ailment...I prescribe a healthy dosage of DIE PERVERT!"  Nurse Neko screamed before unsheathing her claws and pouncing onto Langley, hissing as she did so.  

F7eoyPD.jpg

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"Ichiro...you're up...don't disappoint."

Ichiro stood there, watching every student attempt to move or straight up move the block. He was, of course, dreading this moment. The only way he could possibly move the block was to use this Quirk of his...but if he did...

"Suna-sensei..." he started, rubbing the back of his neck slightly. "Is there any possible way for me to opt out of this quiz?" Ichiro could hear some of the mutters going on as he said this, only watching and waiting for Suna's response. He really didn't want to mess his arm up again...especially in something like this quiz.

"Unfortunately, I'm going to deny that request." Suna replied, staring point blank at Ichiro. "The more you drag this out, the more time is wasted for the rest of this period. So, if you please."

No harm asking... Ichiro thought with a defeated sigh. He slowly moved past the other students, taking his spot before the block. Slowly exhaling, he clenched his fist tightly as he moved slightly, preparing to punch the block. Broken arm again... he thought, closing his eyes as he began to-

"Stop!"

Ichiro heard Suna speak, causing him to stop mid swing, only to look over at Suna who now had his arms crossed. Blinking, Ichiro spoke. "W-What...?"

"Might I suggest trying another method." Suna said plainly. "I don't know if your just a masochist, but I'd prefer to not have my students constantly break their arms." After saying his peace, Suna slowly moved his hand some, motioning for Ichiro to continue.

Ichiro slowly turned from Suna and back towards the block. Not punch it? How else would he move the stupid block? Jeez...and this is why I wanted to opt out of this...I must look like an idiot now... he thought, shaking his head. I mean, they might as well just clap now for my failure...cause I ain't moving thi- Ichiro suddenly stopped. A sudden idea came into his head. He'd still break something...but it wouldn't be a full arm this time.

"Really hope this works..." Ichiro muttered to himself, backing up some from the block. He exhaled once more, before moving into position and readying his hands. Without warning, he moved both his arms and clapped towards the block. From this clap, a shockwave of wind emerged from it, pushing against the block and effectively knocking it over with ease.

"W-Well...w-w-what do you know...i-i-it worked..." Ichiro managed to grit out, seeing his hands literally going limp, being broken.

Suna watched, sighing slightly. "I suppose small injuries are better than a large one..." he shrugged, pulling a phone out of his pocket and proceeding to message the school nurse. "Ichiro. Before we continue, you'll be checked out by the nurse."

Mike

Mike felt someone place their arm on his shoulder and he looked up, spotting the student with the goggles on. "Alright, I'm up. Thanks for the help, my dude."

"Huh?" Mike asked, but the other student had already kept walking. Mike looked back at the block and noticed a large square underneath it as it fell down. "...Huh..." Mike sat down with the others and watched as the block was launched in the air and through the ceiling. He thought back to the square he saw below the block, and most other students might have just seen the block launch itself without anything acting on it. I bet his quirk has something to do with those squares launching things... The gym's floor was basically ruined at this point, and Mike made a mental note that if any of the faculty was going to punish a student for making a mess of the gym, that he was in the clear at this point.

The next student placed his hands on the block, causing it levitate with electricity sparking from its edges, before hitting it with another lightning kick, launching the block into the wall. It was at this point that Mike realized he wasn't the only exchange student, and was thankful that he at least had someone else to speak to that knew English. So he can transfer electricity into objects by conduction. I wonder if there's a limit to his quirk or if he can just use it as much as he likes...

The snake student stood up and excused himself, coming back moments later with the body of a giant snake, such as a Gorgon. Mike almost choked on his own breath in surprise. Isami hit the block with tail as hard as he could, but it had only moved a little. Still, there was a lot force behind the swing to be able to move it that much. So, a transformation quirk was Isami's case. Mike wondered if it extended to the rest of his body or if it was just limited to his lower body.

The next two students were two of the girls; Asuka, how produced red crystals from thin air and launched them at the block, and the wolf girl that Mike had a hard time not looking at. He didn't see the individuals with body-modifying quirks very often. Asuka's quirk interested Mike quite a bit; it reminded him of his quirk, but his quirk produced solids instead of just energy.

"Hey, good job!" Mike complimented Asuka as she sat down, giving her the thumbs up, completely oblivious the fact that in Japanese you don't say "Good Job" by literally saying "Good Job".

Asami was next, placing her hands on the block, and causing it to vanish, and then soon re-appear. So, can she teleport things? What did she do? Suna seemed fine with the job he had accomplished, however.

"Can you shut it?!  It's my turn now!"

Mike glared at Gin as he got up and displayed his quirk, which seemed to be the ability to shoot through the block.  He seemed very proud of his accomplishment, and boasted that his quirk was the best out of all their's.

"I think launching the block through the ceiling is more impressive than that." Mike said, scratching his chin. It was honestly pretty underwhelming; sure he punching a hole straight through the block, but if that was the extent of his power, it wasn't anything close to impressive.

Ino was up next, as excited as she was before, and was able to move the block simply by vibrating it. Told ya you could do it, Mike thought as he watched.

Finally, Ichiro was up. Mike recalled him as the student that injured himself badly in the entrance exam, and his hesitancy seemed to reflect that. He was about to go for the punch on the block, but was stopped short by Suna. Ultimately he decided to clap his hands together, the sheer force of the air forcing the block backwards.  Mike had to hold his arm in front of his face as various bits of dust and debris blew about the gym, and as he lowered them he noticed Ichiro's broken hands. He hurt himself again, but wow... that was a lot of power...

For now, they still had a period to finish up. If there were more tests to go, Mike was ready; he did his best to not overdo himself too much in that test, and hopefully he can keep his stamina up for the rest of the day.

MX55gTQ.png

"Wow Creed!  That's a nice Quirk!  What's it called!  How do you do it?!  I'm so impressed, let's be friends!" The overly excited girl fired a ton of questions at Creed. The massive difference in overall energy was draining him even further. But it was a combination of his overexertion, Ino's vibrations, and the length of time that he had his eyes open that kept him alive for the day. He was getting to a point where he had been awake so long that his body was deciding that he didn't need sleep anymore. Creed had started warming up to the girl. Perhaps it was her sickeningly never-ending upbeat positivity, or the fact that she seemed really easy to mess with. Either way, they struck up conversation.

"Well, it's called Launch Pad." Creed stood up so he could demonstrate his Quirk. Well, in a less destructive way. "Basically, as long as I'm on the ground, I can make these little squares. And if I step on them, it launches me at whatever speed I set it to." He set a faint pad in front of him and hopped up about a foot or two in the air. "I can also use it on other things as well. But I think we've all figured that out." He set another light square next to Ino and gently pushed her onto it. But before he could laugh at her reaction to being suddenly boosted into the air a bit, the student he had noticed earlier was taking his turn.

"Honestly...my Quirk can beat all of yours, easy peasy. You might've moved this thing a little bit..." Creed did all he could to not burst out laughing.

"PFFFFFFFFFT! Sure bud, I moved it 'a little bit.'" he taunted. Curious just how far he sent the block, he tried to do some calculations in his head. 'If I do the math right, based on how long it was in the air, and how fast it went... I probably shot it somewhere around 3000 feet up. Give or take.' This kid seemed way too full of himself, and not in a sarcastic way either. The boy placed himself in front of the block and revealed his Quirk, blasting a hole cleanly and perfectly through the block. 'Sure, I'll admit that it's nothing to sleep on, but it still seems pretty straightforward.'

"Of course... now which one of these losers is gonna fail next, I wonder?" Creed wasn't particularly impressed by him. And there was no chance that he'd ever take him seriously.

"Ooooooooooooh!  He's so mean!  I almost don't want to be friends with that guy...but I'll show him!" 

"Aw, c'mon, Cell Phone. He looks like so much fun!" Creed was almost not joking when he said that. He really just wanted to antagonize the boy whose name he never really cared to learn. He wanted to give him the nickname "Hot Topic," but he didn't think it'd be as well known as it would have been back in America. He looked like someone who'd respond to Creed's taunting with anger.

Turning back to his new friend, he looked at the now lighter block of iron. "Looks like you'll have an easier time with this. Look! Less block!" He was mostly kidding with that statement. Sure, the block was lighter, but the difference was only somewhere around twenty or thirty pounds. "Either way, have fun with it!" Ino took her turn to move the block. She made her hands vibrate with intense speed, enough to make them look like a flesh-colored blur. Having an idea of how she'd go about this, Creed sat down again as to not bust his nose again. She forced her hands to the ground, causing the entire gym floor to tremble. The block bounced around over the constantly moving floor, along with the miscellaneous debris that he had created. Finishing up, she ran back over to Creed with a silly grin across her face.

"It wasn't as impressive as you, but I still did it!  I can hold my own!"

"That was actually pretty great, Cell Phone! Vibration definitely has huge potential! But, a few things." Creed motioned to his forehead. A slight bruise had formed from this morning's "earthquake." "You could have vibrated the block instead of the entire floor. Because last time you made the ground shake like that, I lost my balance and this happened." He lightly tapped the dark discoloration on his face. It wasn't painful; it was only a little bit sore. "And if you buzzed the block, you could have ridden on top of it too and looked even flashier doing it. And for someone who seems to want to be a pro, showmanship is important. At least, that's what my old man told me. We should work on that for you sometime."

After Ino's performance, the final student to move the block was named Ichiro. The teacher had called him out by name. Creed hadn't really noticed him before. To him, Ichiro seemed somewhat plain-looking. Either way, he looked at the block for a bit and got ready to punch it before Suna stopped him. Creed could see Ichiro's face clearly and saw hardly any confidence. 'Is it stage fright? Something about his Quirk?' Creed wondered. He heard the teacher mention something about breaking arms. A Quirk that broke the user's arm? It wasn't common, but it did remind him of someone he knew back in America whose Quirk was Elastic Skin, and he could stretch by dislocating his joints.

Ichiro pondered for a bit before letting loose a deafening clap, which released a shockwave that pushed the block back and stirred up all the debris that was still lying around. A piece of the floor had come flying towards him and Ino. Instead of standing, Creed just changed his sitting position to a way where both of his feet were on the ground, allowing him to use Launch Pad. He placed a moderately strong pad a couple feet above and in front of Ino to pop the debris back the other way.

Creed looked back over at Ichiro and noticed his now limp hands. It looked as if the bones in his hands had been completely shattered. 'Well damn,' he thought, 'That's one hell of a Quirk he's got. I should ask him for a high-five.' Creed snickered out loud at his own thought. 

s06t3UC.png

Isami felt a nudge on his shoulder as he felt himself returning from his daydreams back to the U.A. Academy. He had been watching the students after him go - one of the girls had fired a volley of crystals on the block, while the other pounced on it. However, he still spaced out a little as they were going. He turned to where he was being nudge, where he was greeted by Sayuri, who was signing something at him. Isami gave the wolf girl a confused look, tilting his head a bit. Unfortunately, he hadn't learn any sign language and had no idea as to what the girl was trying to say to him. "I'm sorry, I don't understand..." As he was trying to understand what the girl was trying to say, it dawned on him. And by that, he meant that the girl was pointing at his tail. "Oh, my tail? It's fine, just a little bruise is all." He chuckled a little bit. "Thank you for asking, though." He smiled, before noticing that the girl wasn't wearing any shoes. "Where are your shoes?" He asked worryingly, before realizing that he himself was also not wearing any shoes. "I guess I'm in no position to ask that, huh?" He turned back to his tail, which had a small bruise on it where he had slammed the block, before giving the girl a shrug.

He continued to watch the other students work their way on the block, his mind wandering just a little bit as time went on. The ways everyone moved the blocks were interesting, with varying levels of flashiness. He let out a gasp of surprise as the block seemed to disappear before his eyes when one of the girls went on. "...what's his deal?" He thought outload as a rather intimidating student blasted a hole right through the block. The girl that he had met, Ino, shook the ground until the block itself moved. Finally, a nervous looking boy went up. It took Isami a while to recognize who it was, but when he did he turned to Sayuri. "Say, isn't that the guy that broke his arm? I hope he doesn't do something too reckless..." He spoke worryingly, as the boy clapped hard enough to break his hands. The shockwave of the clap knocked over the block as if it weighed nothing. Isami winced as he got a look at his classmate's limp hands. "I hope he's ok..."

These kids were blowing expectations out of the water!  He stood there, as stoic as ever, trying not to give off an impression of being in awe of this next generation of heroes.  In a jiffy, Nurse Neko had arrived on the scene, slightly battered from her tussle with Langley.  

"That jerk...doesn't he nyow how to treat a lady!  Hmph!"  She wandered over to Ichiro, who's arms seem to be in a desperate need of repair.  "This is an easy fix, nya~"  She said, as a claw was released from her white paw.  "This might hurt for a second...probably not as much as you're hurting right now though."  She said, as the needle-like claw quickly pricked the surface of Ichiro's screen.  The boy would feel something secrete into his blood stream, and soon after, would feel no pain in his arms or hands.  As a matter of fact, the boy wouldn't be able to feel anything in his arms at all.  "Hehe!  This is your first treatment from me, so be careful not to overdo it.  My healing serum will make your arms numb for about thirty minutes!  Get plenty of rest after the test young man!"  Just as fast as she had left, Nurse Neko left the building with rather unconventional tactics.  She climbed a rope that hung in the middle of the gym, and launched herself out of a window.  

With the spectacle gone,  Mr. Suna could take in, and analyze each individual student.  He looked among the class, his eyes just as weary as when they had started this test.  Although it didn't look like he was impressed, he couldn't afford to let loose the amazement for their potential just yet.  No...they would have to wait for his appraisal.  After all, this was only the first part of the test.  

"Students..." He announced rather lazily, "Choose a partner, and make it a good one.  I hope you were paying attention to everyone's quirks, because the next event is gonna depend on your knowledge of them."  He smiled before pointing to the students.  "It's time for a good old fashioned game of chicken!  The rules are simple: One student will hoist another onto their shoulders, and try to knock down opposing students off the other's shoulders.  Teams of two will face off against another pair in a two on two situation.  It's a battle of strategy, teamwork, and concentration.  Since there are ten of you, I suppose we'll have to make one of the rounds a three way battle."  He turned his back away, before he made one more declaration.  "You can choose any one partner you'd like, but I'd make it count.  Losers will be docked points severely.  Now go ahead and choose.  I'll be picking teams by random to showdown."

8tOKosA.jpg?1

Upon hearing the next part of the test, Ino couldn't help but tremble a tad.  She looked to Creed and smiled.  

"How about it Creed?  Think you can handle me?"  She said, sticking out her hand, prepared for him to accept her request.  

Gin almost looked among the others of his class, a look of dread and disgust on his face.

"I almost just want to fail this part..." he droned.  He walked up to one of the students that he thought had an ounce of potential to let him win, a carry as one would call them.  He placed his hand on Isami's shoulder.  "Hey...snake boy...be my partner.  Or else.." he made his hand into the gesture he used earlier, a twisted smile painting his face, "I wonder if snakes can regrow parts of their body."

MX55gTQ.png

Since Ichiro had hurt himself so badly, the school's resident feline nurse had to make an appearance to fix him up. Creed wasn't too excited when he saw the school nurse make her way into the gymnasium. The first time they had met was in Creed's entrance exam. He had mistimed a landing after descending from a building and badly sprained his ankle. Although with his injury, he still managed to place 5th in his exam group. Nurse Neko had made her appearance at the end of the exam, healing anyone who had gotten injured. As soon as she got close, Creed's eyes reddened and teared up, and he tried his best to hold back sneezes while she did her work. Fortunately, he had his allergy pills on him at the time, which are strong enough to put a stay on his allergies for about 12 hours.

Today, however, he had forgotten to take a pill, nor did he have any on him. Creed got up and made his way to the opposite side of the gym, trying to stop his allergies from triggering. He sneezed forcefully about three or four times. His eyes got a little red and teary as Nurse Neko jumped onto a nearby climbing rope and left through the gym window. Sniffling, he quickly ran to the restroom to wash his hands and splash water on his face. Using a paper towel to dry off his face, he returned to the group of students as the teacher began explaining the next test.

"It's time for a good old fashioned game of chicken! The rules are simple: One student will hoist another onto their shoulders, and try to knock down opposing students off the other's shoulders." Creed hadn't played Chicken since a few summers ago, when he tagged along to a huge party that his parents got invited to. It was littered with various high-level heroes and their kids and family members. They had ended up playing a similar game, where Quirks were free to use, although since Creed was smaller at the time, he was carried on his father's shoulders. That time, it was just for fun, and even though they had lost, there was nothing gained or lost. "You can choose any one partner you'd like, but I'd make it count. Losers will be docked points severely. Now go ahead and choose. I'll be picking teams by random to showdown." Creed knew that he'd have to be carrying someone here, because his Quirk would only function while he was on the ground. He looked around to see who would be a good option. The ruby girl seemed like she would have been a good pick, since she can function in the air. The boy who moved the block first also seemed high tier. He also thought about picking Hot Topic, both because of his Quirk and because he just plain wanted to mess with him, but it seemed he had already chosen someone else. While Creed pondered his options, another voice derailed his train of thought.

"How about it Creed? Think you can handle me?" Cell Phone held her hand out waiting for Creed’s response. Creed wasn't sure if she'd be able to use her Quirk while on his shoulders without making him dizzy. He looked at both of his other choices, and noticing they'd found partners already, decided to accept Ino's proposal. He stood up and placed a Launch Pad directly in front of him, grabbing her extended hand and pulling her onto it. The pad had enough force to launch Ino up into the air to land on Creed's shoulders. Even though Ino was only a couple inches shorter than Creed, he noticed that she was actually rather light for her size, as he had braced for a harder impact.

"Huh, you're lighter than I thought. Try not to buzz too much. I don't know how much application you have when you're in the air, but if you try to buzz me, I'll probably get dizzy. Unless there's something else you can do, I'll probably have to carry our team. Both figuratively and literally." Creed placed a couple launch pads on the ground. If he was going to use his mobility, he had to see how well he could move with a surprisingly light girl on his shoulders. His main worry was that he might hurt his knees from landing with the extra weight. Creed had been weight-lifting all summer, mostly since his dad made him do it. Regardless, as long as he didn't jump around too much, or jump too high, he should be fine.

"And make sure you hold on tight," he said to her as he stepped onto a launch pad. Both of them flew diagonally upwards about six feet in the air, ready to land outside of the crowd of students. He had made a second pad with less force, before he had left the ground, that he planned to land on to take away some of the strain of landing directly on the ground. However, Ino's weight had shifted, and he missed the pad by about a foot. He recoiled from the impact a bit, before standing up straight. Creed did a couple squats to warm up a little more, something he admittedly thought he should have done first. "I guess we're ready, Cell Phone. Now let's talk strategy."

This class was full of surprises, no wonder they were able to get in. Everyone’s quick was so unique, it was hard to tell who was to be a class champ and a class flunky. Aaron checked his wattage as Mr. Suna announced the next challenge. "It's time for a good old-fashioned game of chicken! You can choose any one partner you'd like, but I'd make it count.  Losers will be docked points severely.  Now go ahead and choose.  I'll be picking teams by random to showdown."

8500 watts?! Dang, I guess I should recharge a bit, but who is to be my partner in this next phase? Contemplating over who was to be a partner, Aaron took out his personal charger and started to suck power from the school from the nearest socket. The lights flickered a bit but got enough to hopefully help him in this game. He looked at each classmate, seeing that at least 4 we already picked out: Snake boy and Finger Bullet, and Jump pad and vibrator girl. I am considered a defensive player, so I need someone who would a good offense. I have Green Fist, Crystal shard, wolf child, Invisible girl, and Broken hands. . . I got it! Walking back towards the group, he approached Mike, “Hey, want to be partners? I like your quirk, I feel we can win this you and me. I’ll be the defensive bottom if you are up to be the offensive pusher.” 

Langley collapsed beneath Nurse Neko's attack, under the full weight of her claws.  He fell into a swirling bliss of agony and joy, dazed by Nurse Neko's slashing power.  As she ceased her attack from Langley's limp body, he sighed, satisfied.  "Nurse Neko, you always treat me so well," he said softly.  

He leaped from the floor, suddenly feeling great.  The candles had disappeared, the lighting returned to normal, and the music faded back into silence.  He straightened his hair, and fluffed it back into perfection.  He turned towards the nurse's office door, placing a hand on the handle.  He creaked it open, and paused before leaving.  "Thank you, Nurse.  Have a wonderful day," he said gleefully.  He'd had enough fun for the morning.  It was time to prepare for the day's activities.  He was still an instructor after all.

Silently, Langley returned to his designated class room, where he sat behind his desk.  He'd already gotten a sneak peak of class A.  There was a lot of potential for the students of this year, and he aimed to help them all grow.  With a little push, he could nurture what could possibly be the next greatest generation of heroes.  And then--and only then--could he retire.  Once Langley was sure that he was no longer needed, he could die in peace.  He could leave the world in the hands of trustworthy, reliable heroes.  It would all be worth it.

h1v7t2f.png

"Oh, my tail? It's fine, just a little bruise is all. Thank you for asking, though."

Sayuri smiled. Sure Isami didn't quite get the message when she was trying to explain it with sign language, but what mattered was he got the point, and he was fine. It was then that he returned the favor with a question of his own.

"Where are your shoes?"

I don't wear... Sayuri started to sign. He doesn't know sign language. She'd have to explain through alternate means. In this case, "alternate means" to her meant lifting up her right foot and bringing it to face level - quite easy with double-jointed knees - and pointing at the footpad at the bottom of her foot. Hopefully that got the message across. She'd have to explain it upon the return to the classroom if not. With that, she turned her attention to the last few students to move the block. They all had such interesting Quirks...though she wasn't a fan of the finger-gun she'd seen one of the boys use to shoot a hole in the cube. Up to the boy who had clapped his hands and--OW! MY EARS!

Sayuri hunched over a little bit, her wolf ears folded down and covered with her hands. Why is everyone so loud?

"I hope he's ok..."

Sayuri's response was simply to shrug. His hands sure didn't look okay, but the boy himself seemed none the worse for wear otherwise. The teacher then went on to explain that the test wasn't over. Teams of two students each would duke it out - one riding on the other's shoulders - in an attempt to get one of the students to fall off their partner's shoulders. That sounded more Sayuri's style. Her footpads could help her stick to a partner, even if only a little bit. She was about to propose partnering up with Isami when...

"Hey...snake boy...be my partner. Or else.. I wonder if snakes can regrow parts of their body."

Sayuri would growl if she could. Were there really people who tried to use their Quirks to force people to do stuff like this boy was? Sayuri was starting to get why her parents wanted her to be a hero if so. Well, she wasn't going to stand for it. How much was she not going to stand for it? So much that she reached out, slapped the finger-gun boy's hand, then turned to Isami. Then she placed her hand on his shoulder. And then her foot. Sayuri started climbing up onto Isami's shoulders, then looked down at the rude boy and put her arms up in front of her in an X shape. What he was trying to do was not okay.

With that, she patted Isami's shoulder to get his attention, then pointed in the teacher's direction with a nod of her head. I'm a wolf, not a rat. But seriously, that was just not okay for anyone to do.

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey, good job!"

Asuka briefly choked on her water. That was funny. This boy, with a distinctly non-Japanese accent, had complimented Asuka on...having a nice part-time job? He might not be very familiar with Japanese, Asuka observed, putting a stop to her brief coughing fit and taking down another swig of water for good measure. Once that was taken care of, she turned to the boy who had complimented her. This was the boy who had kicked the cube with some sort of energy. Interesting.

"Listen," she said. "In Japanese, when someone does well, you tell them ""good job!"" like if you were speaking English. ""Good job!"" Just like that. Thank you though."

Asuka then watched as the last few students - including the "stockpiling" boy she'd run into earlier - stepped up to the plate and moved the block in their own ways. She had to admit, after these last few Quirks, her own suddenly felt considerably less worthless. Once everyone was done, the teacher announced the next thing the class would be doing.

"Choose a partner, and make it a good one. I hope you were paying attention to everyone's quirks, because the next event is gonna depend on your knowledge of them. It's time for a good old fashioned game of chicken! The rules are simple: One student will hoist another onto their shoulders, and try to knock down opposing students off the other's shoulders. Teams of two will face off against another pair in a two on two situation. It's a battle of strategy, teamwork, and concentration. Since there are ten of you, I suppose we'll have to make one of the rounds a three way battle. You can choose any one partner you'd like, but I'd make it count. Losers will be docked points severely.  Now go ahead and choose. I'll be picking teams by random to showdown."

Asuka already had someone in mind. And it wasn't Mike. "It looks like this is where we split up. Good luck on the next part of the test."

Asuka's attention turned to the finger-gun boy. He seemed interested in someone else as a partner, but...someone else seemed to beat him to the punch? Or were they forcefully taking the snake boy from him as a potential partner? Asuka wasn't sure, but looking at everyone's Quirks, he was the best pick for a partner. And so, quickly drinking down the rest of her current water bottle, Asuka made her way through the students to the finger-gun boy. "I'll be your partner if you can hold me up on your shoulders," she offered. "We seem to be the only ones in the class with projectile-based Quirks, so with my crystals and your finger gun, we'll be virtually untouchable. It's an easy road to a perfect score. How about it?"

F7eoyPD.jpg

"This is an easy fix, nya~ This might hurt for a second...probably not as much as you're hurting right now though."

Ichiro gulped a bit when he saw Nurse Neko brought her claw out and then injected it into his hands. He winced in pain for a moment, before feeling the pain starting to alleviate. Then again...he immediately didn't feel anything in his hands and arms. Like that moment when your laying on top of your arms and you get that tingly feeling of it going to sleep...except it was literally in both his arms and hands.

"H-Hey...what happened?"

"Hehe! This is your first treatment from me, so be careful not to overdo it. My healing serum will make your arms numb for about thirty minutes! Get plenty of rest after the test young man!"

Ichiro only nodded slightly, understanding a bit. "Y-Yes ma'am." he said, before watching Nurse Neko running off...about the time Suna spoke the next test's activity.

"Students...Choose a partner, and make it a good one. I hope you were paying attention to everyone's quirks, because the next event is gonna depend on your knowledge of them. It's time for a good old fashioned game of chicken! The rules are simple: One student will hoist another onto their shoulders, and try to knock down opposing students off the other's shoulders. Teams of two will face off against another pair in a two on two situation.  It's a battle of strategy, teamwork, and concentration. Since there are ten of you, I suppose we'll have to make one of the rounds a three way battle. You can choose any one partner you'd like, but I'd make it count. Losers will be docked points severely. Now go ahead and choose. I'll be picking teams by random to showdown."

Now he was at a disadvantage. Recalling all the different Quirks each student had, he tried to go down the list to what would benefit him. Vibrations, a force of some sort, the crystals, the wolf, snake-druid abilities, a literal double jump ability, invisibility, electricity, annnnd finger guns. Literally at this point, he wasn't sure who would be the better option. At the same time, he knew he didn't want to use his own Quirk. Of course, that's probably why most were avoiding him like the plague.

I don't blame them... Ichiro thought, watching the students begin to work on forming groups. They've gotten a second glance at what I can do. And they've noticed that this Quirk of mine is still unrefined...uncontrollable. Not only this, most would be better suited to attacking rather than being the ones on the bottom. Grrrrr....its a balance thing...these teams need a sense of balance and synergy between both individuals...and yet I'm not sure I can do anything.

There had to be something done, so Ichiro, still in thought...made his way towards the other students. Hopefully something would click...at least he hoped.

Mike

Asuka started choking on her water, and Mike wasn't sure if it was an accident or if she was laughing.

"Listen," she said. "In Japanese, when someone does well, you tell them ""good job!"" like if you were speaking English. ""Good job!"" Just like that. Thank you though."

Mike's face turned a subtle shade of pink. So she was laughing.

"Ah... whoops," Mike muttered, rubbing the back of his head.

Mr. Suna went on to announce the next test; describing a game of... well, it was chicken fighting. Simple rules; teams of two, do your best to knock the other team members apart. Mike started mulling over everyone's quirks in his mind. As he concluded that Asuka would make a decent partner for him, combining ranged fighting with close-range fighting, Mike was about to say something when Asuka spoke up. "It looks like this is where we split up. Good luck on the next part of the test."

Figures. "Yeah... you too..." That more or less went according to how Mike expected it to go with a girl. Mike looked around the room, and it seemed like everyone had a good idea of who they wanted to go with already, which left Mike wondering who was left to choose.

“Hey, want to be partners? I like your quirk, I feel we can win this you and me. I’ll be the defensive bottom if you are up to be the offensive pusher.” Mike turned and spotted Aaron, the individual with the Lightning quirk.

"Ah, you're Aaron right? The one with the lightning quirk?" Mike thought it over. He might be able to use his quirk to get the two of them in the fray quickly even if he was on top. Then Aaron could use his quirk to stun them and let Mike go in for a blow. It wasn't a perfect plan, but there was a good chance it could work as a strategy. "Yeah, I think it could work, and I got a few ideas too!"

s06t3UC.png

Isami listened as the teacher went on to describe their next assignment - a game of chicken - and that they could pair up with anyone they wanted to. Almost immediately Isami had someone in mind to ask, but before he could he felt someone place their hand on his shoulder. "Hey...snake boy...be my partner. Or else.." It was the scary student from before. "Or else what?" Isami asked, giving the other boy a quizzical look. "I wonder if snakes can regrow parts of their body."

"Well, it's a common misconception - snakes can't regrow parts like other re...oh" It took him a while, but he finally realized what this guy was getting at. He reeled back a bit in horror at the implications. "R-Relax! You don't have to threaten me to talk to..." Before he could say anything else, however, Sayuri seemed to spring into action, slapping the hand gun the other boy had before climbing us Isami. "Well, I was gonna ask you to team up anyways, so I guess this works..." He spoke as Sayuri pointed towards the teacher. Isami turned to the other scary boy. "I'll happily team up with you next time - just don't threaten me like that, please. I'm sure we can get along with we talk." Isami smiled and waved at him, before slithering off to the teacher at a surprising speed. Sayuri would find it relatively easy to not fall over despite the speed, however, as Isami's torso didn't move as he sped along the ground. "I owe you one." He told Sayuri, not moving his head as he did so. 

8tOKosA.jpg?1

"Huh, you're lighter than I thought. Try not to buzz too much. I don't know how much application you have when you're in the air, but if you try to buzz me, I'll probably get dizzy. Unless there's something else you can do, I'll probably have to carry our team. Both figuratively and literally.  And make sure you hold on tight.  I guess we're ready, Cell Phone. Now let's talk strategy."

As Ino was hoisted onto the boy's shoulders without a second thought, she couldn't help but release a slight vibration that shook her very legs.  Nobody else had got up on each other's shoulders, and were trying to figure out who to partner up with still. 

"Well...I can just vibrate people off of one another!  Pretty simple!  But that's all for a strategy I've got."  She said, bonking herself on the head with a light fist.  "Maybe if you place one of those launch pad thingies underneath someone, you can shoot them up so they lose balance.  But it would probably be a good idea to not shoot them too high up...student casualties aren't allowed on the first day."

"Are they allowed, ever?"  Suna whispered under his breath, eavesdropping on the duo's conversation.  

Meanwhile, everyone else had already chosen a partner, besides two individuals who had yet to talk to one another.

hNqzNzP.jpg?1

Gin's hand was slapped into the air.  When he looked to who had the gull to do such a thing, it was the wolf girl.  His eyes sharpened at her, as if he had just gained the Hawk quirk.  Who in the hell did this girl think she was!

"I'll happily team up with you next time - just don't threaten me like that, please. I'm sure we can get along with we talk."

"W-what?"  Gin stuttered.  This was rejection?  Didn't this imbecile want to win?!  He groaned as he turned his back on Isami.  "Tch...you better hope we aren't paired up against each other, snake boy.  I don't care if you can grow back limbs or not...I've got a hypothesis to delve into."  He walked away to find another partner, but it seemed as if someone had already scouted him out.  It was the girl who created crystals.  

"I'll be your partner if you can hold me up on your shoulders.  We seem to be the only ones in the class with projectile-based Quirks, so with my crystals and your finger gun, we'll be virtually untouchable. It's an easy road to a perfect score. How about it?"

"I was more concerned about mobility...but it seems like you've got the right idea in mind."  Gin knelt down and presented his back to the girl.  "Now hurry up and get on."  He groaned, aggressively.  "Just make sure you fill snake boy, and wolf girl up with all kinds of crystals."

Suna sighed, as he looked among the crowd.  Only two of the students remained, and they weren't even looking close to pairing up with each other.  

"You have got to be kidding me...it's the first day and you both have cold feet."  

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"  A familiar voice rang out through the gym room.  Lady Law flung the doors wide open, a student right by her side.  Lady Law proceeded to glance around the gym, craters and holes in each part of the room prompted a vein to pop out of her head.  "SUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  She yelled.  The homeroom teacher couldn't help but break a smile.  

"Listen, it's not my fault Hinata...I blame the students and their powerful Quir-"  A book was thrown at Suna's head, clocking him against the scull, causing him to fall over.  

"This happens every year Suna!  Gym repairs on the first day don't come cheap!  You'll pay for your crimes later!"  Lady Law cleared her throat before presenting the student beside her.  "It seems we have had a mix-up in applications this year!  This boy was meant to be in your class, but their paperwork was mixed up with another student."  She pointed a finger at Asami.  "You!  Come with me!  You are now a member of Class 1-B!"  As Asami and the new student swapped places, Lady Law pointed towards the new boy.  "This is Terro Khikyū!  Treat him as you would Asami!  That is all!"  

And as soon as she had entered, Lady Law left with Asami in tow.  Suna rose up from playing dead, and picked up the book that was thrown at him.  

"The U.A. Student handbook?  I didn't know this thing was so thick."  Suna snapped back into his teaching role.  "So...Terro is it?  Guess we have a surprise contender in the ring."  He looked to Ichiro, who had yet to find a partner.  "You will be matched up with young Ichiro, over there.  This game is a game of Chicken.  I'll give you credit for the first test, seeing as you weren't here."  Suna scratched his cheek before continuing.  "Man...I didn't account for this.  So instead of rounds...this just became a free for all game!"

Gin's eyes almost lit up with glee, as Ino gulped.  

"Uhm..." Ino said, vibrating.  "How many of those launch pad thingies can you make again?"  

F7eoyPD.jpg

Ichiro witnessed the...altercation occur...if you want to call it an altercation anyway. Either call it that, or call it the fact that his homeroom teacher literally got chewed out for the damage caused in the gymnasium...and by Lady Law no less.

Nevertheless, apparently the real reason Lady Law was here was to swap a student out. Apparently the invisible girl wasn't supposed to be in their class and swapped her for another student named Terro Khikyu. To be honest, Ichiro let out a small sigh of relief. If this little convenient occurrence didn't happen, he would've been stuck with Asami and probably had to do all the work...and in the process break his body even more... Ichiro only shuddered at the sheer thought of it.

"You will be matched up with young Ichiro, over there. This game is a game of Chicken."

The downside to this...unfortunately...

I have no earthly idea what the heck his Quirk even is... he thought, watching Terro making his way towards him. Well, hopefully I'll have enough time to figure it out...

Ichiro looked at Terro and extended his hand out to him. "Ichiro Adachi..." he said. "Not going to lie...if your Quirk is good, then you might've just saved me from injuring myself again."

Sitting alone twiddling his thumbs, Langley had done everything he could think of.  He'd tidied every student desk, and tidied his own too.  Every bit of paperwork was in order:  signed, dated, stapled, and organized by topic in alphabetical order and date.  His file cabinet was reorganized, and he had made room for a new semester of students.  He swept his own classroom floor, and even mopped. . .twice.  The floors were sparkling clean.  They were so clean, in fact, you could eat off of them.  He polished his shoes, straightened his bow tie, and freshly ironed his cape with his handy, personal iron and ironing board that he kept tucked neatly away in the classroom.  He cleaned the windows, straightened his many books in his classroom's miniature library, and cracked the windows to let in the cool spring breeze.  But he was not satisfied.

". . .well.  This is boring," he said to himself, now that all of his chores were complete.  Langley got up from his desk, pushed in his chairs, and made his way down to the teacher's lounge.  

On his way, Langley heard quite the ruckus coming from the school gym.  He paused, wondering if it was the class he was hoping it was.  Langley suspiciously whistled, tip-toeing over to the gym's doors.  He slowly creaked them open, just wide enough so that he could peer inside.  And it was!  It was class 1-A!  He snapped the doors shut quickly, a grin crossing his face.  He wasn't sure just how long the students had been engaging in teamwork activities, but he couldn't help but want to see them in action for himself.

He zipped over to the teacher's lounge, where he nabbed a bag of popcorn, and shoved it into the microwave.  He pushed a few noisy buttons, and patiently--not-so-patiently waited for it to finish.

"Comeon,comeon,comeon!" he demanded of the microwave.  He tapped his foot furiously as he awaited his treat.

D I N G!

"Finally!"  Langley snatched open the microwave, and pulled out the bag of popcorn.  "Ooh, ooh, hot!" he swore to himself.  He juggled the popcorn bag for just a moment, catching it by its dangling edges.  "Wait.  Why am I holding this?" he asked aloud to himself.  He manipulated the bag's gravity and then snatched a soda from the teacher's fridge.  Skipping over to the exit, Langley entered the hallway, then made a beeline for the school gym.

He slowly creaked the gym doors open once more as he returned, hoping not to disturb the students too much.  Closing them silently behind him, Langley took the furthest side of the gym, away from the action, and floated up into a corner.  He ripped open his bag of popcorn -- as silently as he could manage -- and shoved a giant handful of the popped kernels into his mouth, as he observed from afar.  "Best seat I could have asked for!" he thought to himself.  Now how long would it be until he was the victim of a practice accident?  Or worse?  Kicked out of the gym.  Langley gulped.  He would have to enjoy this as much as he could.

Who should he root for?

He shook his head.  "No one!  I'm a teacher!  I can't have favorites!"  Though, sooner or later he would have a student he adored, that much was for sure.  

Terro was... slightly overwhelmed and confused, to be honest. He came to the school, and sat through a... very enthusiastic opening ceremony. It was quite different from the quiet and restrained ceremonies back home. It was something he would most definitely have to get used to. People in general just seemed louder outside of the forest.

He then followed the rest of the herding students into the school, where he quickly realized... he had no idea where he was going. He'd never been a building this big. Where the heck was he supposed to find 1-B? He wandered the halls, attempting to ask for help, but most people just brushed him off in their rush. People were... very different than what he was used to around here. After wandering for a bit, he was stopped by a lady in a police uniform and taken promptly to the office. 

As it turns out, there was a mistake in his paperwork. 1-B wasn't where he was going at all! Nope, it was 1-A. The lady in uniform took him to the gym, and to his surprise, the place was pretty torn up.  Still, if he had to show off his powers, it would do nicely for him. The small debris was a lot easier to use than huge hunks, after all.

"So...Terro is it? the teacher asked him, to which he nodded.

"Hai! It's very nice to meet all of you!" He said as he bowed at the class... despite not knowing any of their names. He would have to fix that later.

"Guess we have a surprise contender in the ring."  The teacher looked around the room as Terro tilted his head in confusion. Contender? Where they having a tournament? On the first day of school? ... Cool.  "You will be matched up with young Ichiro, over there.  This game is a game of Chicken.  I'll give you credit for the first test, seeing as you weren't here." Terro felt kinda bad about that. Just because his papers were mixed up, he didn't have to do as much work as everyone else. That seemed unfair. "Man...I didn't account for this.  So instead of rounds...this just became a free for all game!" Oh yeah, that reminded him. He had no idea what was going on.

The boy he was supposed to be teamed up with looked over him before extending his hand for a handshake. "Ichiro Adachi..." he said. "Not going to lie...if your Quirk is good, then you might've just saved me from injuring myself again." Terro blinked before taking Ichiro's hand into his own.

"Your Quirk... injures you?" He asked in a confused tone. That seemed counterproductive. Then again, Terro didn't know much about Quirks, so he wasn't really in a place to talk, was he? "Well... my quirk does...," It was probably easier to show him then explain. He looked over to the debris and focused, some of them beginning to levitate and float over to Ichrio, clumping together and making a disc-like shield. "Since you hurt yourself, a shield would be good, right? He hoped he helped his partner. "So... um... can you tell me what exactly is going on...?"

MX55gTQ.png

“Well...I can just vibrate people off of one another! Pretty simple! But that's all for a strategy I've got.”

“Well, don’t hurt yourself thinking about it too hard, kiddo. Let’s look at who else we’re gonna face.” Creed looked around at the teams that had formed. The two animal students had paired together, unsurprisingly. It seems that Hot Topic had tried to pair with the snake boy, but was unsuccessful in his attempt; the fuzzy one had smacked him away angrily. “Well, the boy with the snake tail, I forget his name, might pose a bit of trouble, but his range still looks limited. And I don’t think his friend would pose any threat to us at all.”

Moving along, he looked at Mike, the boy with the green flashing Quirk, who had paired himself with the electric student that moved the block after him. “Now that’s an interesting pair. Electricity and some kind of force, huh? They’ll probably be a threat if we let them in close. It’d be best to keep our distance.”

Creed’s eyes fell on Hot Topic, who had paired himself up with the ruby girl after being refused by the animal kids. “To me, those two seem like the only real issue. Ruby girl’s crystals paired with his laser will make it very difficult to fight against them. I guess it’s lucky, though, that it’s just that team that we have to focus on. It’d have been unfortunate if I had to focus on more than one team.” Creed counted a total of eight crystals hovering around the girl, and thought back to how quickly she could create them. “It looks like she has some form of telepathic control over it too, so smacking them away or stopping them with pads won’t do much. Looks like we’ll have to just avoid it, unless you can break them somehow. Laser-face probably can’t shoot in anything but a straight line, but I wouldn’t bank on that.”

Creed was really only worried about one of the three--- ‘Three? Wait, plus myself and Cell Phone… Did I miss someone?’

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!”

The school’s head of security, Lady Law, made her appearance with another student in tow. According to her, the school had mixed up applications or student files or something, and the invisible girl was actually in Class 1-B. “Weird how such a prestigious school like U.A. would mess up something as trivial as that,” Creed wondered aloud. Regardless, it didn’t affect him. Although it would have been nice to keep her; it didn’t seem like she’d be a threat at all. But now the gym had an unknown factor. This new student, introduced as Terro, was completely unknown to the class, and Creed had no idea if he was ranged or not. The teacher paired Ichiro with the new student, and for some other reason, changed the chicken game to a single free-for-all round. Creed watched the pair as Terro showed his Quirk to Ichiro. Pieces of concrete debris that had been created by the crater Creed formed earlier floated up and formed a shield in front of Ichiro. "Tch. This'll probably be an issue now."

Ino buzzed on top of him nervously, prompting him to hit her thigh to get her to stop. “Uhm..." Ino said, "How many of those launch pad thingies can you make again?"

“I can make a total of five at a time,” he responded, “Which should be plenty.”

Creed moved back to his analysis after answering Ino’s question. The boy who blew the block away with broken hands, and the hidden character as a team was another thing Creed would have to worry about. “Alright, so our final set of opponents is Ichiro and Terro. Ichiro’s power is absolutely incredible, and we probably won’t be able to do much if he uses his Quirk. Although it looks to me like Ichiro is rather averted to doing exactly that. And in what is simply a game of chicken, with not that much to lose, Ichiro using his Quirk seems like an unlikely event, especially with what he did to his hands.”

With all four opponents revealed, Creed went into a recap over their opponents for Ino’s sake, in case she didn’t get it, as well as so he could think about things much more clearly. “Alright, Cell Phone, here’s the plan. Hot Topic and Miss Ruby over there are our biggest targets. With both of them having ranged Quirks, it’ll be nearly impossible to keep away the entire match. If we can get them out first, it’ll be an easy run from there. The new kid, Terro, appears to have a ranged Quirk too, so we'll need to focus on them next. Ichiro probably won’t use his Quirk again here, but it’s not guaranteed. Dog and Snake aren’t that much of a threat, but it looks like his tail will reach pretty far. And he’ll be harder to knock over since he’s not on two legs like everyone else here. It looks to me like that's his biggest advantage here. And Duracell and Glowstick over there look pretty powerful in close range, so if we keep our distance from them, it’ll be fine.”

Having all of his opponents fresh in his mind, Creed began to formulate the battle plan. Keeping an eye out for eavesdroppers, Creed laid out his plan to Ino. “Okay, Cell Phone, up there, you’re going to be my radar. Keep an eye around me and keep my blind spots covered. Buzz me really quick if someone’s coming up on us. Starting with Ruby and Laser, I’m going to try to use a launch pad to knock them off balance. If that doesn’t work on them, we’ll have to move in close to knock them out. Once I can get in, knock Ruby down for me. Buzz her as much as you need to, and let me know if you’re losing. Once that’s done, we’ll move on to Ichiro and Terro. Terro has a ranged Quirk, so we’re going to have to do the same thing, although we really need to watch out for Ichiro. If he uses his Quirk on us, it’s pretty much game over there. Once we’ve knocked them out, it’s an easy ride from there. My plan is to launch up to that hole I made earlier and hang up there until one of the remaining two teams has knocked the other one out. After that, we’ll come back down and engage. If it’s Duracell’s team, I can probably use Launch Pad on them, but if it’s Snake and Dog, we’ll have to grapple directly.”

Creed looked up at Ino, who he was worried might have been overwhelmed by the massive amount of information he just gave. “Did you need me to repeat anything, Cell Phone?”

"Yeah, I think it could work, and I got a few ideas too!"

“Yeah, I also have a few ideas of my own. So I have excellent bal-“

Before he can finish, some Officer lady came through the door with a disgusted look on her face and another student in tow. She proceeded to harass Mr. Suna for ruining the gym, again, and announce to the entire class that there was a mix up in the classes. The new student, Terro, was assigned to Ichiro, and the whole 1v1 chicken fight changed to a free for all. Man, that sucks. I hope Asami does well in her new class though. As soon as Lady Law, as what everyone keeps calling her, started to go back out the door, Aaron turned his attention back to Mike. “Ok, so like I was saying before we were interrupted; I can keep us balanced with my electricity if we get pushed, we can levitate which can lessen our chances of falling over. While it is good for my sake, this wood isn’t a good conductor for spreading my electricity to everyone, but if we get close enough, I can shoot out bolts. They tend to go wherever they want, except at close range near a conductible source, like another student. The game will probably start with everyone away from each other, especially finger gun’s team. Also, if you remember how if a chain of people is connected to an electrical source, the electricity will spread through everyone and shock others if touched. If you are willing, we can do that, otherwise, it will just be all me dealing it out, which is fine. Now with a new player in the fray, we won’t know to expect from him.”

Aaron then proceeded to crouch down, as to signal Mike to get on. “Let me here your plans Mike. Maybe we have the same goals in mind, or we can combine them. Also, I noticed your Japanese is a little different than some of the other students. Are you like me, a transfer from outside Japan?”

Mike

“Yeah, I also have a few ideas of my own. So I have excellent bal-“

Lady Law's yell rang through the gym, forcing Mike to cover his ears at the shear volume. He wasn't sure why she was yelling for them to stop; nobody was using their quirks or doing anything just quite yet. Lady Law proceeded to chew Suna out for not only messing up the gym, but for proceeding with the wrong student in his class. Soon enough, Asami was lead out of the class and a new student replaced her. Suna then announced that the game of chicken was going to be a free-for-all.

"Well there go some of my ideas," Mike muttered under his breath.

“Ok, so like I was saying before we were interrupted; I can keep us balanced with my electricity if we get pushed, we can levitate which can lessen our chances of falling over. While it is good for my sake, this wood isn’t a good conductor for spreading my electricity to everyone, but if we get close enough, I can shoot out bolts. They tend to go wherever they want, except at close range near a conductible source, like another student. The game will probably start with everyone away from each other, especially finger gun’s team. Also, if you remember how if a chain of people is connected to an electrical source, the electricity will spread through everyone and shock others if touched. If you are willing, we can do that, otherwise, it will just be all me dealing it out, which is fine. Now with a new player in the fray, we won’t know to expect from him.” Aaron explained his game plan, and Mike nodded, looking at each of the groups and taking mental notes. “Let me here your plans Mike. Maybe we have the same goals in mind, or we can combine them. Also, I noticed your Japanese is a little different than some of the other students. Are you like me, a transfer from outside Japan?”

Mike looked over, and chuckled a bit, rubbing the back of his head in a bit of embarrassment. ""I mean, my name's Michael, I'm... well, I'm white, and my accent is bad. I think it's a little obvious."" Mike looked back at the teams, and organized his thoughts better. "Anyways, that team there, the wolf girl and Isami I think his name is, it looks like Isami is going to be on the bottom and the wolf girl on the top. I think they're counting on the wolf girl's ability to cling to Isami's back as he uses his own quirk as their offensive ability." Mike then looked at the crystal girl and the angry boy. "That guy's quirk is really strong, but I doubt he's going to use it on anyone. If he made it into U.A. he's probably not stupid, so I doubt he's going to use it and get himself expelled for injuring a student. Now if he can control how hard it can hit, I'm more or less banking on the other students to gang up on him. He's going to take us down before we can get close enough to do anything." Mike then pointed at the new student and Ichiro. "The new student's quirk has me concerned because he's a wild card, but with how badly his partner can injure himself I don't know how well they'll do." Finally, he turned to Ino and Creed. "The hyper girl, Ino I think, and the guy she's with, I think I'm the most worried about them. Her vibrations are going to be really strong in close range; we basically can't let her touch us. Her partner's quirk, though, I think he makes some sort of space of..." Mike started humming a bit as he tried to think of the Japanese words for what he was trying to say, but eventually just gave up. ""He makes a sort of bounce-pad on the ground or something. If he launched the two of us in the air, considering how high he launched the block, I don't think either of our quirks are going to save us.""

At this point, Mike was beginning to ramble a bit as he muttered, assessing the situation. ""So if everyone teams up on the ranged group, that gives us time to assess the chaos. We can see who makes it out, and then if either the angry guy's team falls down or Ino's team falls down first, we can move in and take down the other really quickly. Otherwise I think our close-range advantage puts us on a strong footing against the other two remaining teams and that'll be game for us."" Mike realized he was rambling and made a quiet "Oh" sound. ""I mean, I guess what I'm saying is that we need to take down those two teams first. I can also use my quirk to help keep our balance, so we just need to get in close when they don't notice us.""

s06t3UC.png

As he was making his way towards the teacher, he noticed the others had also formed teams. He also noticed that none of them seemed to be going to the teacher. "Oh." He stopped, turning around to the other students. As he did, however...

A familiar voice boomed through the room, causing Isami to flinch. Apparently, there were two students who managed to get into the wrong classes. The one that made the block disappear was replaced with a kid named Terro. Isami was rather confused about the whole ordeal, especially when the teacher announced that the game would now be a big game of chicken. "This is all too much..." He looked around him as all the other teams seemed to be speaking among themselves, probably planning for the future game. This wasn't Isami's strong suit. He turned his head up towards Sayuri. "Any plans?" He asked, before remembering that she was mute. "Oh, right...Well I'm not much for planning..." He turned to the scary kid, who seemed to leer back at him. "...let's try and avoid that guy..."

lmHWTAK.png

"I was more concerned about mobility...but it seems like you've got the right idea in mind. Now hurry up and get on. Just make sure you fill snake boy, and wolf girl up with all kinds of crystals."

"Got it," Asuka complied, climbing up her new partner's shoulders and getting used to the new height she was at. She glanced around, stopping at the two students who showed no signs of teaming up. Suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the hall. One Asuka had already heard this morning, and one she wasn't exactly eager to hear again. A pair of crystals forming from her arms quickly retracted as the voice of Lady Law boomed through the gym.

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Asuka watched as Lady Law went on to explain the situation. Apparently the gym damages weren't easy to fix, and the teacher had gotten an earful about this in the past. Just not willing to change his ways perhaps? Not that it mattered any; what mattered right now was that the school had managed to mix up the paperwork for a couple of students. Asami - the girl who had probably teleported the block or something - was not supposed to be in this class. Instead, it was supposed to be this Terro boy. Wait, Terro? Not Taro? ...weird. Maybe he was only half-Japanese? Asuka didn't really have much time to think about the weird name before the teacher spoke up, announcing his new "plan" for the class.

"Man...I didn't account for this. So instead of rounds...this just became a free for all game!"

The boy carrying Asuka grinned. "Go for the Terro boy," Asuka suggested, glancing down to her partner, as a few pairs of crystals began to form from her arms. Two, four, six, eight...twenty crystals. Asuka reached into the bag hanging from her shoulder, and pulled out another water bottle, gulping down half the bottle before putting the cap back on and returning the bottle to its proper place inside the bag. "We should take out the wildcard first so that he can't catch us by surprise." She may not have been too proud of the source of the knowledge, but Asuka knew a thing or two about how to win efficiently.

h1v7t2f.png

"STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Sayuri nearly fell off Isami's shoulders at the sudden voice that boomed through the gym, clamping her hands over her ears for the fourth or fifth time that morning. My head hurts... It felt as if someone had punched her in the forehead. With a big rock. Sayuri wanted to go home at that moment, but that wasn't exactly an option, much less a practical one. She'd just have to power through the headaches. Instead of paying attention to the situation at hand beyond a super-vague outline of it - somebody wasn't supposed to be here and got swapped with somebody else - Sayuri put the pads of her hands up against her forehead and rubbed softly. I wish the school website would have warned me everyone was so loud here. I would have brought earplugs. She'd have to buy some today, Sayuri noted.

"Any plans?"

She was pulled away from her thoughts of earplugs by the voice beneath her. At least Isami wasn't super-loud all the time, and didn't give her a splitting headache on day one. She removed her hands from her head to sign out a plan, but...Oh, right.

"Oh, right...Well I'm not much for planning..."

That's fine.

"...let's try and avoid that guy..."

Sayuri responded with a nod of agreement, and a thumbs-up to show she approved of Isami's course of action. Avoid the kid who had just threatened to maim Isami. That was a solid plan, though she'd missed her opportunity to fill the teacher in on what had gone down between the two boys just earlier. That would have to come later, Sayuri ultimately concluded. For now, she tightened the grip her legs had on Isami's shoulders, pressing her footpads against him but taking care not to dig into his skin any with the claws on her toes. She didn't expect her footpads to do much if she took a direct hit, but she was confident they'd at least help a bit.

'Tch...these kids are too strategic for their own good...haven't they heard of just going with the flow?"  Suna-sensei groaned, as he simultaneously eavesdropped on every conversation.  "These students...they're all shooting for the top...but maybe they're trying a bit too hard...after all..this is only a game of chicken."  Suna-sensei walked into the middle of the class, and raised his left hand straight into the air.  

"Alright!  That should be enough time.  You all have partners, now it's just time to ride or die."  one corner of Suna-sensei's mouth perked up a tad.  "As soon as you get on each other's shoulder's, it'll be time to go."  His arm still raised in the air, Suna-sensei took a look around the room, waiting for the students to follow the directions.  

Ino nodded, as she already sat atop of Creed, trying to absorb all the information and strategy he had relayed to her.  

"A bloodbath on the first day?  This is the best school ever..."  Gin looked on among the others, a sick grin displayed on his face.  His hands started to radiate a red like aura.  

Suna took one more look among the group, waiting for the stragglers to get atop their partner.  As soon as everyone had done so.  The hand that was raised in the air, finally dropped down, slicing through the thick atmosphere like a one-thousand degree knife through butter.  

"And.....BEGIN!"  

Archived