[MACR-EN] Subterror

Taken from KOE's facebook

We already have Fiendess

Subterror Behemoth Phospheroglacier

EARTH

Aqua/Flip/Effect

8/2600/2500

FLIP: You can send 1 card from your deck to your graveyard. Hard OPT, normal Behemoth summon and flip.

Subterror Behemoth Speleogeist

EARTH

Fiend/Flip/Effect

11/3000/1400

FLIP: You can target 1 monster on the field; change it to attack position if it is in Defense Position, also change its ATK to 0. Hard OPT, normal Behemoth summon and flip.

Subterror Final Battle

Normal Trap

Activate one of these effects, after that, set this card instead of sending this card to the Graveyard:

~Change 1 Set "Subterror" monster on the field to face-up Attack or Defense Position

~Change 1 face-up "Subterror" monster on the field to face-down Defense Position.

~The ATK and DEF of 1 "Subterror" monster on the field become equal to its combined original ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.

~This turn, the activated effects of "Subterror" cards cannot be negated.

Subterror Behemoth Phospheroglacier is without question the most amazing Subterror Behemoth. It shrinks the number of Subterror Behemoths you want to run in the first place, dumps Warrior,  sets up Fiendess and the other Subterror Trap cards and even allows you to tech in Burst Rebirth and not worry about clogging. Definitely a 2-3 off.

Subterror Behemoth Speleogeist is obvious meant to have sygnery with the Level 12 monster, but getting both on the field at the same time is already a pain because of their Level and since it only affects 1 monster and, you know, Link monsters not being able to flipped face-down in the first place, you might as well use Umastryx. It doesn't even do a good job at being Subterror support because you're forced to flip to attack and reduce its ATK to 0, so it doesn't even have sygnery with Cave Clash. Garbage.

EDIT: Just releasied the target didn't need to be face-down. Still pretty bad though considering the state the game is in right now.

Subterror Final Battle is pretty much Ghostrick Scare on steroids with a build Limiter Removal and safety net. There's really nothing else to say really.

I was wondering about that. Does Temple apply specifically to the trap card, or does it just give you one activation after it resolves?

It gives one activation per turn as long as it's on the field. Source: Scrap Iron Scarecrow can be activated twice if you control temple

Final Battle doesn't say you flip it face-down after the activated effect resolves, so it seems it will always survive having its effect/activation negated, much like Cosmic Blazar Dragon.

Don't think they're comparable since I'd assume Setting itself face-down is part of effect anyways, so if Trap gets negated that part would too

That being said might as well wait for rulings

Probably doesn't matter too much anyways because nobody runs Trap negation whee

I am not all that sure the first one is all that impressive, considering a flip monster is inherently slow and it just does not do anything meaningful, while taking that into account, considering it cannot react and is ultimately a slower beatrice (do not missunderstand this as me saying the card is crap, it is just that there are better subterror monsters and even behemoths at that).

Speleogeist is utterly worthless (especially with Final Battle).

As for Final Battle ... the card is just amazing, triggering behemoths during either players turn,emergency setting behemoths, turning behemoths into 4k+ beaters and even recycling itself to continue doing just that.

I cannot express just how amazing Final Battle is, it is the final piece they require (as for the deck to actually work in practice).

(Too bad the amazing images of the two behemoths are wasted on them, rather than umastryx, stalagmo or ultramafus).

I wonder why the Final Battle has that re-Setting effect instead of being, let's say, a Continuous Trap with an OPT clause; doesn't look like they benefit from re-activating the Set card repeatedly.

I find Phosperoglacier appealing as a generic mill card that can send both monsters and Spell/Traps. It is feasible to splash it in other decks?

I wonder why the Final Battle has that re-Setting effect instead of being, let's say, a Continuous Trap with an OPT clause; doesn't look like they benefit from re-activating the Set card repeatedly.

It's so that Subterror players get carpal tunnel from all the flipping.

Seriously though, it's almost certainly just for theme.

ftr, a self-setting S/T is slightly stronger vs. MST/etc. than a continuous S/T, because it doesn't lose its effect

so there's a reason technically

But It's also slightly weaker vs Toadally, so there's a trade-off. Stealing this with Toad would be the ultimate GG lol. Just activate the final effect every time and get free summons.

ftr, a self-setting S/T is slightly stronger vs. MST/etc. than a continuous S/T, because it doesn't lose its effect

so there's a reason technically

Uh, it indeed has its pros and cons, but that's unrelated to the archetype and I wouldn't really consider that perk a reason when Subterrors don't revolve around re-Setting Spell/Traps; the monsters do, but not the Spell/Trap support. Otherwise, if they wanted to stick with the gimmick, Clash and Burrowing would have some sort of re-Setting approach, too.

Uh, it indeed has its pros and cons, but that's unrelated to the archetype and I wouldn't really consider that perk a reason when Subterrors don't revolve around re-Setting Spell/Traps; the monsters do, but not the Spell/Trap support. Otherwise, if they wanted to stick with the gimmick, Clash and Burrowing would have some sort of re-Setting approach, too.

Hey kiddo, perhaps it's just for fun. It's functionally very similar to being a continuous trap, but more fun. Chill

Hey kiddo, perhaps it's just for fun. It's functionally very similar to being a continuous trap, but more fun. Chill

xD

I'm chill; I just found that argument kind of out of place, that's all.

Anyway, since this card's use in Paleozoics was mentioned, I wonder if they could take advantage of Scrap-Iron Scarecrow too due to the similar effect, but without requiring Subterrors to be live.

xD

I'm chill; I just found that argument kind of out of place, that's all.

Anyway, since this card's use in Paleozoics was mentioned, I wonder if they could take advantage of Scrap-Iron Scarecrow too due to the similar effect, but without requiring Subterrors to be live.

You can just declare the last effect, so no Subterrors needed. That said, I'm definitely trying Scarecrow in my 'zoics for locals. 

Yeah but this takes up less slots, theoretically

But more slots in the S/T zone. Paleozoics don't exactly have a consistency problem, so feel free to run more than 40 cards if you want to. Just to be clear, I am not promoting running Threatening Roar or Thunder of Ruler in 'zoics (although I do run 3 Waboku), I just wanted to declare my absolute disagreement with running Temple of the Kings in 'zoics.

Considering Level Eater is still at 3 in the TCG it might actually turn into quite a ridiculous shenaningan enabler with these ... (yea the only saving grace for the level 11 is that it is almost ultramafus for this purpose).

I would be surprised if we keep Level Eater much longer (without a ban and/or errata change) during the upcoming link format.

And subterrors reset their levels each time they flip themselves (which equals about 1 - 8 additional link materials, so depending on the new link 1 (if it can use level eater) this might get out of hand rather fast) (not to mention true kings and armageddon knight). Edit: Exodius + Eater sounds like fun.

Exodius would shuffle Level Eater

Nah, shuffle first, then summon eater and only summon exodius back if you have eater on your field. Exodius + 2 Eaters can easily fill the entire field with any generic links you want and only leaves 1 spot without links (for now). Edit: Or you use Sephylon in a lawnmowing deck.

Nah, shuffle first, then summon eater and only summon exodius back if you have eater on your field. Exodius + 2 Eaters can easily fill the entire field with any generic links you want and only leaves 1 spot without links (for now). Edit: Or you use Sephylon in a lawnmowing deck.

Could this be the new Train deck?  :Kappa:

Archived