Pendulum Contract [Written] Pendulum Ritual support

fearen

Name: Pendulum Contract

Card: Ritual Spell

Effect: This card can be used to Ritual Summon any 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or Extra Deck. You must also be able to Pendulum Summon monsters with the same Level as that monster. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card; place 1 face-up Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck in your Pendulum Zone.

So this card is my attempt at making pendulum ritual support, even though those don't exactly exist yet. It's made to work in vrains or old yugioh, so yeah. Tell me what y'all think.

as you stated, Ritual Pendulum is not yet exist (IRL...well god knows how many of them we had here on YCM). so aside that the thread probably be move to Casual section since basically hard to tell wherever this is actually good or bad unless we have another card (the ritual monster) or an archetype that support this card

but i do my best anyway

so by the 1st effect alone this card is basically can summon any ritual (not just the intended Ritual Pendulum) basically for free as long you have scales first. which is cool but i kinda worried about its power level here since aside of -2 you have to invested before its (again) still a cost-less ritual summon that summon everything that is not xenophobic. Luckily for now there only a few cards that can use this outside Supreme King Gate Infinity meme like Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon and the Low Level Nekroz Rituals along side their Zefras, which is kinda sad since it can be boil down into only Gravity Dragon and Unicore. but the point of this card being worryingly powerful is still stand... since its generic-ness and being cheap on investment can be a inherit problem to the future design down the line

2nd effect is really handy to both complete scale while making Pendulum on ED not as dead as per Link era. so yeah its nice

I think you're right about the power level. I had thought that it was fine considering the lack of archetypes that can use it currently, but then it's just one of those cards that's only problematic currently but becomes broken when the right cards are released. I wasn't sure how to balance it other than that though. Making it only summon pendulum rituals makes it gimmicky until that card pool exists and would definitely mean that it would need to be moved to casual/experimental. I think that I may make this an archetype specific thing for a future archetype eventually, unless you have any balancing ideas.

Oh hey, I just had a thought, and I'm too lazy to retype my post. I believe that the way that this is worded makes it fizzle if they pop your scales. Maybe that makes it high risk/high reward enough to be balanced? I don't really like relying on MST to balance my card, but backrow removal is very common, especially with the new tornado dragon coming out. How you feel?

I believe there's a rule that states you can pair a Ritual Monster with a corresponding Ritual Spell in a single post. Maybe you could make a card that needs to be Summoned with Pendulum Contract. Pendulum Contract's name makes me think of the Dark Contract cards, so maybe you could make it a D/D Ritual Monster?

That second effect is so useful. If you have a Level 1 Pendulum in your ED (Odd-Eyes Unicorn is a good example), you can put it in your Pendulum Zone, despite the fact that such a monster isn't Pendulum-Summonable without using a Supreme King Gate Zero. Very nice, I like it.

I believe there's a rule that states you can pair a Ritual Monster with a corresponding Ritual Spell in a single post. Maybe you could make a card that needs to be Summoned with Pendulum Contract. Pendulum Contract's name makes me think of the Dark Contract cards, so maybe you could make it a D/D Ritual Monster?

Yeah, Ritual Monsters / their corresponding Ritual Spells (if they aren't part of an existing Archetype that already has suitable stuff) are treated as a single card; well, the monsters themselves need the cards to function, but there's nothing wrong with posting a lone Ritual Spell Card.

As for the other member, Ritual Pendulums technically aren't a new mechanic, as the components exist but not concurrently. It can stay in here (and I believe there have been 1 or 2 more instances of Ritual Pendulums in Advanced).

Really interesting card. It drops down the cost of a Ritual Summon to a -1, and setting the proper scales to fit the Level of said Ritual Monster can be considered as the investment required for this card. I find amusing how, since it Summons with no Tribute materials, it can drop Nekroz monsters like Trishula with no problems, despite their "without using any Level X monsters" clauses.

The second effect is really good too, and IMO good enough to be a card on its own, if something like it doesn't already exist, but as a grave effect it gets some advantages, like milling support; heck, you could play this as discard fodder or along Foolish Burial of Belongings just for this grave effect and not run any Ritual Monster at all.

Finally, I consider important to note that, in addition to getting Ritual Spell support, it is also searchable by Duelist Advent.

Archived