[Written] Bonded Master & Beast

Lunar Origins

Bonded Master & Beast

[ Level 9 // WIND ]

[ Beast-Warrior // Fusion // Effect ]

1 Level 4 or higher Warrior-type monster + 1 level 4 or higher Beast-type monster

(1) You may Fusion Summon this card from your Extra Deck by shuffling the above materials from your side of the field into the Deck.  This card's ATK and DEF are equal to the combined ATK and DEF of its Fusion materials, respectively.

(2) Negate the activation and effect(s) of all Spell and Trap cards (even if they are not on the field.)

(3) You may only attack with "Bonded Master & Beast", and only once per turn with it.  This card may attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

(4) During the End Phase:  Return this card to your Extra Deck and, if possible Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Warrior or Beast-type monster from your Deck in face-up Defense position.  Its effect is negated.

[ ATK: ? // DEF: ? ]

This card is intended to be a neat and flavorful finisher to decks that might contain both Beasts and Warriors - and the simple existence of a card with this sort of power (being able to push for game as hard as it does without much to stop it) could pave the way for decks that would potentially be designed around it.

However, this card's effect does ultimately leave you in a weaker position than you were before, thanks to its little End Phase clause, and would slow your momentum after burning through your opponent's Life Points.

All warrior decks can tech Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness and Summon this card. The first thing that comes to mind is Igknights (which are kind of bad) and tellarknights (not as bad). Performapal also has a few beast-types and probably some warriors in it, not to mention Rescue Monsters count as valid materials. Most scrap monsters are also beast-type for some reason, so as if the deck didn't have enough strong monsters they can now run warriors to pull this thing

Basically, it balances itself out by leaving the field at the end of the turn. Its usage may be limited because I'm not sure of any way to get around its 4 Effect. I can only decide whether or not it's an especially good game-winner until I see the ATK

Guys, note that its ATK/DEF become equal to the combined ATK/DEF of its materials, rather than gain it, so whatever base ATK/DEF it has it doesn't really matter except when its effects are negated, and I doubt this will be given an ATK like 4000 or so; most likely will have either 0 or ? ATK/DEF.

Anyway, really strong card. Before reading the 4th effect I was thinking it would be busted but yeah. spinning it back should keep it fair. Then the summoning effect shouldn't be taken lightly either, as it acts as a searcher. The only thing I'm concerned about is the direct attack, because it should reach an ATK of 3000+ easily, and that translates to a big punch to the opponent's LP. Maybe make it pierce or inflict double battle damage instead?

Archived