[DP18] Cyberdarkness Dragon

C-lE6WpVwAABZFW.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

DP18-JP024 鎧獄竜-サイバー・ダークネス・ドラゴン Kaigokuryuu – Cyber Darkness Dragon (Armored Hell Dragon – Cyber Darkness Dragon/Cyberdarkness Dragon)
Level 10 DARK Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 2000
Fusion Materials: 5 “Cyberdark” Effect Monsters
This card can only be Special Summoned from the Extra Deck by Fusion Summoning it.
(1) If this card is Special Summoned: You can equip 1 Dragon-Type or Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard to this card as an Equip Card.
(2) This card gains is equal the original ATK of a monster equipped to this card by this card’s effect.
(3) When your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send 1 Equip Card from your field to the Graveyard; negate that activation.

https://ygorganization.com/letsgotohelltogethercyberenddragon/

i guess you don't have to make weird Dragon//Machine mash deck anymore, yey?

still a disappointment that for such huge investment its not better (arguebly a bit worse even) than the OG other than that 1 time only negation...which don't say much

EDIT (2): okay so its not a 1 time negation (kinda), but can be activated multiple times if run along other equip-happy effect. which only narrow down to Dragunity, SHS, and ABC?

all we need is a consistent way of looping it since it refueled itself on any summon (as oppose as only fusion summon like og...which i mis-read at that part *sob*)

well as mention before this could indicate more new cyberdarks to coming. this card kinda reveal one, which is the cannon part. but it also weird me out that this monster compose of 4 parts while the requirement says 5

I never thought I'd see this day...

well as mention before this could indicate more new cyberdarks to coming. this card kinda reveal one, which is the cannon part. but it also weird me out that this monster compose of 4 parts while the requirement says 5

It's hard to see from such a small picture but the chest plate is also a new piece that's a slightly different shade of green from the rest of the body.

I do wish it got another boost of some kind, given the original is about pumping it to insanely high ATK, but if you want to go full meme we already have 2 5k main deck bodies to stick on this guy.

EDIT: Also, after double-checking the Japanese lore, it destroys what it negates.

More Cyberdarks are incoming, I guess? Otherwise, it will be difficult to Summon this card with only 3 main Deck Cyberdarks in existence, even with Overload Fusion, and its effects aren't really worth it IMO.

Guessing we will get 2 new Cyber Dark Monsters to go with this and maybe a support card, still the fact it can use Dragon or machines is pretty good. Still ashamed this loses the 100 ATK gain for each card in grave which the original had but still if you get a Cyber End in grave that's a 6000 ATK Monster right their.

I wonder if there is any potential to mix this and any upcoming Cyberdarks with the latest Red-Eyes support and their Equip-themed effects. For instance, Red-Eyes Baby Dragon can be equipped to the Cyberdark Maindeck monsters with their effects, so that could be a start.

I wonder if there is any potential to mix this and any upcoming Cyberdarks with the latest Red-Eyes support and their Equip-themed effects. For instance, Red-Eyes Baby Dragon can be equipped to the Cyberdark Maindeck monsters with their effects, so that could be a start.

Obelisk Blue.dek

I cannot express my happiness. I want to see the rest of the cards. This also gives me hope for new Ojamas. I wish it gained 100 per card in grave or at least some other secondary boost but it's niceu as it is.

A lack of +?00 per grave is even more annoying because it's name also calls back to Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon that also boosts per things in the Grave.

With its whole equip theme going on (and depending on what the other MD monsters are like), I can see a possible mix between these + Morphtronics as well as the aforementioned these + RE.

As the game is, this card is trash, similar to when the original Cyberdark Dragon came out. It's the materials that hold this back, and being forced to having to run abysmal jank. Perhaps some updated Cyberdarks could help its case slightly but I kinda doubt it. Chaos Ancient Gear Golem is very much better than this tbh imo, and Chaos Ancient Gear Golem isn't that great. 

It's sad because Cyberdarks are indisputably badass and if all else were equal I'd happily run them, but unfortunately they suck and the pain in the ass they are to play is prohibitive. :(

Pretty neat that this is coming out within the context of a Duelist Pack: Joey though. 

Pretty neat that this is coming out within the context of a Duelist Pack: Joey though.

That's likely due to how Red-Eyes where also used by Atticus in GX where they faced Zanes Cyberdarks which is the likely reason though that could mean anything by that logic New E-HERO Support maybe for the first Red-Eyes battle in GX.

Has re-fusion synergy been pointed out yet? Because it is real as funk. As mentioned, you still get to equip however you end up summoning it, and it can be summoned from grave just fine, so this gives it more ammo for the last effect which, as you may note, possesses no OPT.

Plus re-fusion is already pretty funking adorable with norden and theseus, so it isn't dead as often.

As for complaints on no 100x grave effect, that sheet was superfluous anyway. Boosted original ATK will make it plenty big enough to prevent being run over, assuring it can be a stable control boss.

Hmm...this card is "okay", I guess. I have to assume more Cyberdark support is incoming that might make this more playable.

Needing 5 Cyberdarks is...WOW. Way too much investment outside of Overload Fusion and maybe Future Fusion. 2000/2000 stats is expected of the low ATK Cyberdarks, since Cyberdark Dragon only had 1000.

Lets you equip any Dragon OR Machine from the Grave, which is nice for the flexibility, and gains its ATK.

And you can send any Equip from your Field to negate an opponent's card/effect activation (and I want to assume "and destroy it").

...it's just meh with the support we have right now.

I actually always really liked the Cyberdarks, though. Back in one of the old DS games, I had a Cyberdark Deck that almost never lost. It mostly used the regular Cyber Dragons in conjunction with the Cyberdarks and stuff like Masked Dragon. Horn was a solid 2200/2300 (Twin Headed Behemoth) Piercer, Edge could deal 1100 chip damage at a time, and Keel sucked. But thanks to stuff like Future Fusion and Power Bond, or Overload Fusion, the Cyber Dragon fusions or Cyberdark Dragon were wonderful game finishers.

They got outclassed really quickly.

lmao im prob wrong on the Ladd thing since LaDD targets a monster in graveyard to activate its effect, then destroys monsters afterwards RIP

nah it aight

SUMMON 2 GG

There's only 3 cyberdarks though, so 9 copies the odds are just forever never

Archived