[Finished]Support an Archetype Contest [COMPLETE]

Fruiota_Hiroshi

The theme will be to support a currently-existing archetype. Participants are expected to clearly state what archetype they choose. It must currently be an official archetype, so no series or support for random cards. No two members are allowed to use the same archetype. Try to avoid archetypes that are popularly used in the anime (like HEROes and Performapals).

Think Legacy rules. No Links, Pendulums Monsters have their own special Zones for when they're Spells. You know, Arc-V mechanics.

NO MORE ENTRIES. The contest is over, so of course I won't be grading anything else.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st Place: 5 likes

2nd Place: 3 likes

3rd Place: 1 like

[spoiler=My Judging Criteria]Balance: 35 points maximum

Support Capabilities: 30 points maximum

Creativity: 20 points maximum

Grammar: 15 points maximum

Image Provided (as in not written): 2 points

[spoiler=Participants]• SnowBunny (Fishborg)

• cheewei27 (Meklord)

• StoryTeller (Graydle)

• JellisOP (Ancient Gear)

• Dova (Hazy Flame)

• *Spring Boings* (Aroma)

• BatMed (Traptrix)

• VCR_CAT (CARDIANS)

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Zoodiac)

• Next Tuesday (Amazoness)

• Perry Ellis (Dark Scorpions)

• CuriousHeartless (Arcana Force)

[spoiler=Placings]1st Place: Dova with 95 points

2nd Place: CuriousHeartless with 93 points

3rd Place: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) with 88 points

4th Place: VCR_CAT with 84 points

5th Place: *Spring Boings* with 83 points

6th Place: cheewei27 with 79 points

7th Place: Next Tuesday with 78 points

8th Place: JellisOP with 74 points

9th Place: Perry Ellis. with 73 points

10th Place: SnowBunny with 69 points

11th Place: BatMed with 67 points

12th Place: StoryTeller with 59 points

[spoiler=Judges]• Bellringer Angel (no grades provided)

• Me (obviously)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having image as a judging criteria is a horrible idea (even if it's only 2 points).

Anyway, I'll help you judge.

[spoiler=My Judging Criteria]Balance & Usability: 60 points. (How balanced and usable is the card?)

Flavour & Creativity: 30 points. (Does the card fit its archetype's theme? Are the effects creative and not just a copy-paste?)

Grammar: 10 points. (Can I understand your card? Does the grammar fit Konami's standard?)

Total: 100 points.

I think having image as a judging criteria is a horrible idea (even if it's only 2 points).

I have to agree that judging on picture is usually frowned on nowadays, due to the fact that Written Cards are indeed a thing (and users shouldn't be getting extra points because they had a pic for their cards whereas others didn't). Rest of the grading is fine (the bolded stuff, which does add to 100).

I'm a more visual person, and I find it harder to imagine something without having an idea of what it looks like. I anticipate that I won't be familiar with some of the archetypes, which is why I put those 2 points as a small bonus. It shouldn't majorly affect the outcome, right? It's not like it's 10 points.

Anyway, I'll help you judge.

[spoiler=My Judging Criteria]Balance & Usability: 60 points. (How balanced and usable is the card?)

Flavour & Creativity: 30 points. (Does the card fit its archetype's theme? Are the effects creative and not just a copy-paste?)

Grammar: 10 points. (Can I understand your card? Does the grammar fit Konami's standard?)

Total: 100 points.

All right, I recorded on the post that you're a judge.

Can i join? if i can i will use Graydle as the original archetype.

Also, one question, ¿I can do more than one card?

You can only have one entry. If you want to do a pair of matching Pendulum Monsters or a Ritual Monster with a corresponding Ritual Spell, then either of those would count as a single entry.

Graydle Reproductor

Lv 4

Water/Aqua

1000/1000

Once per turn, you can discard one card:, Special Summon one "Graydle" Non-Synchro card in your graveyard; but you cant activate this effect of "Graydle Reproductor" for the rest of the turn, also, you can only Summon Water monsters unti the end phase.

If this card is destroyed by the effect of one Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Pendulum monster: target one monster on your enemy side of the field; Equip this card to it, and take control of it.

Well, this card fix some of the graydle problems, as an example, the imposibilitie of summon lv 9 and lv 6 synchro monsters, also gives more summoning capabilities to graydles and if it is destroyed by effs of an extra deck monster, allow you to steal one enemy monster  Buuut if this card is destroyed you dont lose control of the equiped monster, making you easier to activate graydle slime effect.

Aaaalso, this card hel to do an pure graydle deck, cause, Graydle archetype have a low number of side deck monsters (5 in total, making they limit on 15).

This card its seem like an big bee, with gray colors, with an flow of gray slime dripping off from the tip of their abdomen

Fishborg Tank

level 7

Synchro/Fish/Effect

2500/700

When this card is summoned, you can send 1 card from your deck to your Graveyard, then destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can target 1 banished Fish-Type monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field.

[spoiler=Image]

2qCibzL.jpg

You guys are welcome for the awesome picture I created...

[spoiler=Card]OmDjuqt.png
FIRE - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 2000/0
When this card is Summoned: You can tribute this card, then target 2 "Hazy Flame" monsters in your Graveyard, except "Hazy Flame Minotaur"; Special Summon those targets. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn you activate this effect, except for FIRE monsters. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Hazy Flame" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Hazy Flame Minotaur" once per turn.

Here you go! (using new OCG regarding HOPT)
Updated to TCG for Grammar Nazis.

[spoiler=Card]Jn9uLbI.pngFIRE - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 2000/0When this card is Summoned: You can tribute this card, then target 2 "Hazy Flame" monsters in your Graveyard, except "Hazy Flame Minotaur"; Special Summon those targets. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn you activate this effect, except for FIRE monsters. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Hazy Flame" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Here you go! (using new OCG regarding HOPT)

Really? I'm sure the newer cards are still using the same OCG regarding HOPT.

Really? I'm sure the newer cards are still using the same OCG regarding HOPT.

TCG-side; nothing has changed much for the time being (at least until we see what happens for Starter Deck 2017, and if they decide to adopt that wording). On the OCG-side, they've shifted out the card's name in quotes to "with this card's name".

You can treat it as the equivalent of what's been standard in TCG for a while; least for now.

[spoiler=Lonely ladybug seeks mate for life]vzkDy8R.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Gain 1000 Life Points. If you gain Life Points, except by the effect of "Aroma Ladybug": You can Special Summon 1 "Aroma Ladybug" from your hand or Deck. You can only activate this effect of "Aroma Ladybug" once per turn.

Archived