Fruiota_Hiroshi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay. here goes.. meklord archetype ... 

ILIASTER'S - APORIA

LIGHT / MACHINE

ATK 0 / DEF 0

During your Main Phase, you can change the text "SYNCHRO" in "Meklord" monster you control to "EFFECT", "RITUAL", "FUSION" or "XYZ" until the end of that turn. When the only monster you control are "Iliaster's - Aporia"; You can Special Summon 1 "Meklord" monster from your hand: Ignore its Summoning Condition. You can only active each "Iliaster's - Aporia" effect once per turn.

Fohn9WM.jpg

I'll be entering, and I will be supporting CARDIANS

[spoiler=Cado]

Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup

Level 9 - DARK

Warrior / Effect

While you control a Level 8 or lower "Flower Cardian" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but its original ATK and DEF become 100, also you cannot Normal or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Flower Cardian" monsters. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 1 "Flower Cardian" monster, except "Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup". If this card is Special Summoned this way, it becomes a Tuner Monster, and when it is used as Synchro Material, you can treat it and all other Synchro Materials (that have a Level) as Level 2 monsters. If this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then, if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster, you gain 1000 LP. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

If you're lost on flavor, I suggest looking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda and here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi-Koi#Yaku_listing

As a special warning, I'd like to tell all contestants how I give your score in the grammar department.

Whenever I found a mistake, your score will be subtracted by 1 FOR EACH ONE OF THEM, INDIVIDUALLY. Whenever I found a usage of words that are used in the OCG (Japan), but not used officially in the TCG yet (for example, "You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.), your score will be subtracted by 1 for EACH USAGE.

For example, if a card's effect is presented like this:

"Once Per Turn, you can draw one card You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.", your score will be subtracted by 8 according to the above judging criteria. (-3 for capitalization mistakes for the word "per", "turn", and "You". -2 for using "," instead of a ":" and forgetting to end the effect with a period. -1 for using "one" instead of "1". Another -1 for using a HOPT restriction on a SOPT effect. Finally -1 for using "this card's name" instead of the actual card's name, you lazy funk.)

TL;DR: I'm not a grammar nazi anymore, okay? ;-; Please don't bring the pitchforks.

As a special warning, I'd like to tell all contestants how I give your score in the grammar department.

Whenever I found a mistake, your score will be subtracted by 1 FOR EACH ONE OF THEM, INDIVIDUALLY. Whenever I found a usage of words that are used in the OCG (Japan), but not used officially in the TCG yet (for example, "You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.), your score will be subtracted by 1 for EACH USAGE.

"Once Per Turn, you can draw one card You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.", your score will be subtracted by 8 according to the above judging criteria. (-3 for capitalization mistakes for the word "per", "turn", and "You". -2 for using "," instead of a ":" and forgetting to end the effect with a period. -1 for using "one" instead of "1". Another -1 for using a HOPT restriction on a SOPT effect. Finally -1 for using "this card's name" instead of the actual card's name, you lazy f***.)

TL;DR: I'm a grammar nazi.

You're putting too much weight on mistakes that hardly matter. For how stupid and pedantic this is, you ought to do it properly.

"Once Per Turn, you can draw one card You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.", your score will be subtracted by 8 according to the above judging criteria. (-3 for capitalization mistakes for the word "per", "turn", and "You". -2 for using "," instead of a ":" and forgetting to end the effect with a period. -1 for using "one" instead of "1". Another -1 for using a HOPT restriction on a SOPT effect. Finally -1 for using "this card's name" instead of the actual card's name, you lazy funk.)

TL;DR: I'm a grammar nazi.

That's not even an OCG exclusive wording. Brioniac. Sinister Serpent. Am I missing something here?

Also, borderline pedantry. Function should be in focus.

That's not even an OCG exclusive wording. Brioniac. Sinister Serpent. Am I missing something here?

You're putting too much weight on mistakes that hardly matter. For how stupid and pedantic this is, you ought to do it properly.

OKKK BUT DONT HURT MR GRAMATICAL NAZI, I PROMISE YOU THAT I AM NOT AN ILLITERATE JEWISH

Guys, his Grammar category is only 10 points at most. That's only 10% of the final grade.

Guys, his Grammar category is only 10 points at most. That's only 10% of the final grade.

I didn't say they were putting too much weight on the category.

Allocating 10 points to card text is fine. Deducting 1 of those 10 points for every mistake as minuscule as a capitalisation error is silly.

It is currently OCG exclusive. That might change in the future though.

It does not bode well to be called a lazy funk by a judge before the grading starts. Would've been nice to have more warning though.

Updated entry to have TCG OCG.

I'm sorry. I do not have the intention to be an jabroni towards you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go into hiding.

I'm sorry, how can a wording that has been around for around 4 years (Heraldry Crest, only released in Lords of Tachyon Galaxy) and used for cards only released in TCG (like some Subterrors) be OCG-exclusive? I'm going to be hung up on this, because it seems mighty arbitrary of a rubric to deduct from score totals.

I'm sorry, how can a wording that has been around for around 4 years (Heraldry Crest) and used for cards only released in TCG (like some Subterrors) be OCG-exclusive?

I'm not talking about the word "this card's name". I'm talking about the sentence "You can only use this/each effect of this card's name once per turn." which is not used in the TCG yet.

Sorry if I confused you.

EDIT: Now that I've been thinking about it, I'll try to be as generous as possible when judging your OCGrammar. pls don't kill me

Heraldry Crest as it was printed in 2013 TCG side in Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy and never again:

s-l1000.jpg

Heraldry Crest's printed effect in 2013:

3 Level 4 monsters
When this card is Special Summoned: Negate the effects of all other face-up Xyz Monsters currently on the field. You can target 1 other face-up Xyz Monster on the field; until the End Phase, this card's name and original effect become the same as that monster. You can only use this effect of "Number 69: Heraldry Crest" once per turn.

Subterror Behemoth Speleogeist only TCG in Maximum Crisis released yesterday:

SubterrorBehemothSpeleogeist-MACR-EN-C-1

Speleogeist's printed effect:

FLIP: You can target 1 monster on the field; change it to face-up Attack Position if it is in Defense Position, also change its ATK to 0. You can only use this effect of "Subterror Behemoth Speleogeist" once per turn.
When a face-up monster you control is flipped face-down, if you control no face-up monsters: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position.

???

Heraldry Crest as it was printed in 2013 TCG side in Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy and never again:

s-l1000.jpg

Heraldry Crest's printed effect in 2013:

Subterror Behemoth Speleogeist only TCG in Maximum Crisis released yesterday:

SubterrorBehemothSpeleogeist-MACR-EN-C-1

Speleogeist's printed effect:

???

I mean LITERALLY the word "this card's name", not the card's name.

[spoiler=Traptrix Abortion Trap Hole] 

traptrix_abortion_trap_hole_by_batmed-da

Activate only if all the monsters (if any) in your Graveyard are EARTH. Add to your hand, or Special Summon, 1 "Traptrix" monster your Deck. During either player's turn: You can banish this card from your Graveyard and shuffle 1 "Hole" Normal Trap Card that meets its activation conditions from your Graveyard into the Deck; destroy 1 card on the field. You can only use 1 “Traptrix Abortion Trap Hole” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

I'm not talking about the word "this card's name". I'm talking about the sentence "You can only use this/each effect of this card's name once per turn." which is not used in the TCG yet.

Sorry if I confused you.

EDIT: Now that I've been thinking about it, I'll try to be as generous as possible when judging your OCGrammar. pls don't kill me

Just try to judge appropriately for each card. If it's filled with countless grammatical errors, feel free to give them a 0 for grammar. If it's something as simple as one or two capitalization errors, then you don't need to be harsh.

I'm joining and I'm choosing the Zoodiac Archetype.

[spoiler=Zoodiac Calling]Zoodiac Calling

Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: During your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Zoodiac” monster from your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Zoodiac Calling” once per turn. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Add 1 “Zoodiac” card from your Deck to your hand.

I will participate supporting the Amazoness Architype 

[spoiler:Card]

Name: Amazoness Growth

Type: Normal Spell

Effect: Fusion Summon 1 "Amazoness" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls more monster than you when you activate this card you may send materials from your deck instead. If you do, you may choose 1 of the "Amazoness" monsters sent to the graveyard with this effect and the Fusion Summoned monster gains the sent monster's effect until the end of the turn.

[spoiler:Art]

cEB8pOZ.jpg

id like to join too please.

[spoiler=Dark Scorpions]

Dark Scorpion Hideout

Field Spell

Once per turn: you can Normal Summon an additional "Dark Scorpion" monster ignoring its summoning conditions. You can discard one card from your hand, then activate one of the effects of a Face-up "Dark Scorpion" monster, you can only activate this effect once per turn during either players turn. At the end of your End Phase return one Trap card from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck, if you cannot, destroy this card.

Archived