[Finished]Support an Archetype Contest [COMPLETE]

Fruiota_Hiroshi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No entry cost so might as well throw in something. Supporting Arcana Force.

[spoiler=Arcana Force]

Arcana Star Sanctum

Field Spell

Cannot be destroyed while you control a face-up "Arcana Force" monster. When you activate this card and during your Standby Phase, toss a coin. •Heads: Until your next Standby Phase, if you would toss a coin, flip two coins instead and choose one of the results to apply. •Tails: You can target 1 "Arcana Force" card you control and 1 card you don't control; send those targets to the Graveyard.

Star is about hope with its reversal being despair (well they're deeper than that but those are the basics). So Heads gives hope by giving you two tries at each flip. Tails sends one of your AF into so much despair it dies, but it takes something with it.

All right, entrance and submission are both now closed! Anything posted after this post will not be considered for the contest.

Also, if I catch anyone editing their previously submitted card, then they will be disqualified. It's okay if you edited it before the deadline, but now is a different story.

As for grading, I'm going to try getting that all done on Tuesday. If I don't upload it then, I'll finish before midnight EST on May 14. I expect Bellringer to finish judging by that time as well.

For easier judging.

[spoiler=Arcana Force]

Arcana Star Sanctum

Field Spell

Cannot be destroyed while you control a face-up "Arcana Force" monster. When you activate this card and during your Standby Phase, toss a coin. •Heads: Until your next Standby Phase, if you would toss a coin, flip two coins instead and choose one of the results to apply. •Tails: You can target 1 "Arcana Force" card you control and 1 card you don't control; send those targets to the Graveyard.

Star is about hope with its reversal being despair (well they're deeper than that but those are the basics). So Heads gives hope by giving you two tries at each flip. Tails sends one of your AF into so much despair it dies, but it takes something with it.

id like to join too please.

[spoiler=Dark Scorpions]

Dark Scorpion Hideout

Field Spell

Once per turn: you can Normal Summon an additional "Dark Scorpion" monster ignoring its summoning conditions. You can discard one card from your hand, then activate one of the effects of a Face-up "Dark Scorpion" monster, you can only activate this effect once per turn during either players turn. At the end of your End Phase return one Trap card from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck, if you cannot, destroy this card.

I will participate supporting the Amazoness Architype

[spoiler:Card]

Name: Amazoness Growth

Type: Normal Spell

Effect: Fusion Summon 1 "Amazoness" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls more monster than you when you activate this card you may send materials from your deck instead. If you do, you may choose 1 of the "Amazoness" monsters sent to the graveyard with this effect and the Fusion Summoned monster gains the sent monster's effect until the end of the turn.

[spoiler:Art]

cEB8pOZ.jpg

I'm joining and I'm choosing the Zoodiac Archetype.

[spoiler=Zoodiac Calling]Zoodiac Calling

Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: During your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Zoodiac” monster from your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Zoodiac Summon” once per turn. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Add 1 “Zoodiac” card from your Deck to your hand.

Here it is. [spoiler=Ancient Gear Call]https://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Ancient+Gear+Call&cardtype=Spell&trapmagictype=Continuous&rarity=Rare&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.yugiohcardmaker.net%2F838128%2F749245929.jpeg&circulation=1st+Edition+&set1=&set2=&carddescription=Once+per+turn%2C+if+you+control+an+"Ancient+Gear"+Monster%2C+add+one+"Ancient+Gear"+card+from+your+Deck+to+your+Hand.+If+this+card+is+destroyed+and+sent+to+the+Graveyard%2C+target+one+"Ancient+Gear"+monster+in+your+Graveyard%3BSpecial+Summon+it.+During+your+Standby+Phase%2C+except+during+the+turn+this+card+was+sent+to+the+Graveyard%2C+you+can+Banish+this+card%3B+and+if+you+do%2C+Target+one+Spell+Card+in+your+Graveyard+that+specifically+lists+the+name+"Ancient+Gear"+in+its+text%2C+except+"Ancient+Gear+Call"%3Badd+it+to+your+hand.+You+may+only+control+one+face-up+"Ancient+Gear+Call".&creator=&year=2017&serial=

[spoiler=Traptrix Abortion Trap Hole]

traptrix_abortion_trap_hole_by_batmed-da

Fishborg Tank

level 7

Synchro/Fish/Effect

2500/700

When this card is summoned, you can send 1 card from your deck to your Graveyard, then destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can target 1 banished Fish-Type monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field.

[spoiler=Image]

2qCibzL.jpg

You guys are welcome for the awesome picture I created...

[spoiler=Card]OmDjuqt.pngFIRE - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 2000/0When this card is Summoned: You can tribute this card, then target 2 "Hazy Flame" monsters in your Graveyard, except "Hazy Flame Minotaur"; Special Summon those targets. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn you activate this effect, except for FIRE monsters. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Hazy Flame" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Hazy Flame Minotaur" once per turn.

Here you go! (using new OCG regarding HOPT)Updated to TCG for Grammar Nazis.

Graydle Reproductor

Lv 4

Water/Aqua

1000/1000

Once per turn, you can discard one card:, Special Summon one "Graydle" Non-Synchro card in your graveyard; but you cant activate this effect of "Graydle Reproductor" for the rest of the turn, also, you can only Summon Water monsters unti the end phase.

If this card is destroyed by the effect of one Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Pendulum monster: target one monster on your enemy side of the field; Equip this card to it, and take control of it.

Well, this card fix some of the graydle problems, as an example, the imposibilitie of summon lv 9 and lv 6 synchro monsters, also gives more summoning capabilities to graydles and if it is destroyed by effs of an extra deck monster, allow you to steal one enemy monster Buuut if this card is destroyed you dont lose control of the equiped monster, making you easier to activate graydle slime effect.

Aaaalso, this card hel to do an pure graydle deck, cause, Graydle archetype have a low number of side deck monsters (5 in total, making they limit on 15).

This card its seem like an big bee, with gray colors, with an flow of gray slime dripping off from the tip of their abdomen

okay. here goes.. meklord archetype ...

ILIASTER'S - APORIA

LIGHT / MACHINE

ATK 0 / DEF 0

During your Main Phase, you can change the text "SYNCHRO" in "Meklord" monster you control to "EFFECT", "RITUAL", "FUSION" or "XYZ" until the end of that turn. When the only monster you control are "Iliaster's - Aporia"; You can Special Summon 1 "Meklord" monster from your hand: Ignore its Summoning Condition. You can only active each "Iliaster's - Aporia" effect once per turn.

Fohn9WM.jpg

[spoiler=Lonely ladybug seeks mate for life]vzkDy8R.jpg

I'll be entering, and I will be supporting CARDIANS

[spoiler=Cado]

Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup

Level 9 - DARK

Warrior / Effect

While you control a Level 8 or lower "Flower Cardian" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but its original ATK and DEF become 100, also you cannot Normal or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Flower Cardian" monsters. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 1 "Flower Cardian" monster, except "Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup". If this card is Special Summoned this way, it becomes a Tuner Monster, and when it is used as Synchro Material, you can treat it and all other Synchro Materials (that have a Level) as Level 2 monsters. If this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then, if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster, you gain 1000 LP. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

If you're lost on flavor, I suggest looking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda and here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi-Koi#Yaku_listing

Okay, here's the scores from me. Once both of us have posted our separate grades, the scores will be added together to get your final score. Obviously, the highest score wins.

[spoiler=A reminder of my scoring rubric:]

Balance: 35 points maximum

Support Capabilities: 30 points maximum

Creativity: 20 points maximum

Grammar: 15 points maximum

Image Provided (as in not written): 2 points

[spoiler=StoryTeller]

Graydle Reproductor

Lv 4

Water/Aqua

1000/1000

Once per turn, you can discard one card:, Special Summon one "Graydle" Non-Synchro card in your graveyard; but you cant activate this effect of "Graydle Reproductor" for the rest of the turn, also, you can only Summon Water monsters unti the end phase.

If this card is destroyed by the effect of one Synchro/Fusion/Xyz/Pendulum monster: target one monster on your enemy side of the field; Equip this card to it, and take control of it.

Well, this card fix some of the graydle problems, as an example, the imposibilitie of summon lv 9 and lv 6 synchro monsters, also gives more summoning capabilities to graydles and if it is destroyed by effs of an extra deck monster, allow you to steal one enemy monster Buuut if this card is destroyed you dont lose control of the equiped monster, making you easier to activate graydle slime effect.

Aaaalso, this card hel to do an pure graydle deck, cause, Graydle archetype have a low number of side deck monsters (5 in total, making they limit on 15).

This card its seem like an big bee, with gray colors, with an flow of gray slime dripping off from the tip of their abdomen

[spoiler=Balance]Okay, let's get into this. First of all, that first effect is pretty good; I have no complaints about it. It has a reasonable cost, and it's a SOPT effect. It can't bring back Dragon, but that's all right, you just always another one or bring it back another way. It also has the HOPT on it, which seems a bit unnecessary considering you already SOPT'd it, but it's been done before. Sure, if prevents you from Summoning non-WATER monsters for the rest of the turn, but all Graydles are WATER anyway, so it doesn't matter. That last effect, though...oh geez, is it unbalanced, particularly because it needs an Extra Deck monster (including Pendulums) to destroy it with an effect for "Graydle Reproductor's" effect to activate. The chances of that happening with such a low-powered monster are pretty slim. Also, you didn't make it a "you can" effect, which I find a bit odd. 18 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities] I appreciate that you added an explanation to your effects. However, you seem to have forgotten that Graydles literally steal your opponent's monsters, making Synchros of multiple Levels possible, including 6 and 9. (For example, Graydle Slime Jr. + any Level 4 monster = a Level 6 Synchro.) The effect to revive Graydles from the graveyard is good, though I believe there's already some support for that (generic stuff like "Call of the Haunted" and Attribute/Type-specific). It definitely has a variation of the traditional Graydle effect to steal your opponent's monsters, which is good in terms of continuity, though like I said earlier, I'm not so sure about the whole Extra Deck monsters portion of it. Its ATK and DEF add up to 2000, like the other Graydles. Beyond that, I don't see much going for it in terms of supporting the archetype other than its Attribute and Type. 19 points

[spoiler=Creativity] A Level 4 Graydle hasn't ever been done; that's pretty creative. Giving it the ability to bring back other Graydles is also something new that I believe hasn't been seen in the archetype, which is also good. Its ATK and DEF match "Graydle Cobra", though, even though no two Graydles have the same stats. 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar] Non-Synchro "card" is not the term used in the TCG currently. Non-Synchro Monster is more appropriate. You could have also said "1 "Graydle" monster, except a Synchro Monster", which would have worked just as well. In the same sentence, you used a semi-colon followed by the word "but", which is improper grammar both in the real world and in YGO. The part after the semi-colon should have been written as "You cannot activate this effect of "Graydle Reproductor" for the rest of the turn, also, you cannot Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except WATER monsters." This way, there are fewer spelling/grammar issues, and it fits with the TCG's current wording of such effects. (And yes, Attributes are capitalized in the TCG, i.e. LIGHT or EARTH.) The last effect should be written as this: "Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; equip this card to that target. While this card is equipped to a monster by this effect, take control of that monster." (I copy-pasted that from "Graydle Eagle's" effect. Also, I believe "target" should be capitalized because it's after a colon.) 4 points

Image Provided (as in not written): None

TOTAL: 59 points

[spoiler=SnowBunny]

Fishborg Tank

level 7

Synchro/Fish/Effect

2500/700

When this card is summoned, you can send 1 card from your deck to your Graveyard, then destroy 1 card your opponent controls. Once per turn, you can target 1 banished Fish-Type monster, Special Summon it to your side of the field.

[spoiler=Image]

2qCibzL.jpg

You guys are welcome for the awesome picture I created.

[spoiler=Balance]For the first effect, can it just be any random card from your deck? If so, then that's just overpowered. It would be better to either specify a certain card (or specific type of card) or to just mill the top card. My only problem with the second effect is that I'm not sure about how much you'd use it; it's handy if a Fish-type monster is banished somehow, but how often will that happen? 17 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]A "Fishborg" Synchro was needed, and this monster's first effect works both when it's Synchro Summoned and when you get it out of the graveyard using another Fishborg's effect. "Anchor" and "Doctor" presumably make good Synchro Materials for this (I'd know for sure if you had included the Materials), especially considering they're made for Summoning this sort of monster. It fits the WATER Fish-type gimmick of the archetype. I don't know how a Fish-type monster will be banished, but at least you'll be able to get it on to you field (whether it's a Fishborg or not). It doesn't help you Summon itself or any other Fishborgs from the graveyard, though. 24 points

[spoiler=Creativity]As I said earlier, Fishborgs needed a Synchro that's in their archetype, and your monster fits that role nicely. Destroying a card on your opponent's field, though pretty common nowadays, is still a handy tool for Fishborgs to utilize. 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar]"Summoned" should be capitalized. There should be a colon instead of a comma between "Fish-type monster" and "Special Summon" in the last sentence. Overall, though, the grammar seems to be pretty solid. Well, except that you forgot to include the Materials. (Yes, I'm including Materials under Grammar.) 8 points

TOTAL: 69 points

[spoiler=Dova]

[spoiler=Card]OmDjuqt.png

FIRE - ✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Beast-Warrior/Effect - 2000/0

When this card is Summoned: You can tribute this card, then target 2 "Hazy Flame" monsters in your Graveyard, except "Hazy Flame Minotaur"; Special Summon those targets. You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn you activate this effect, except for FIRE monsters. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 "Hazy Flame" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Hazy Flame Minotaur" once per turn.

Here you go! (using new OCG regarding HOPT)

Updated to TCG for Grammar Nazis.

[spoiler=Balance]Tributing it right when it's Summoned is an interesting way to go, but it's worth it since you can Summon two new Hazy Flames from your graveyard to Xyz Summon with; it's good that you excluded "Minotaur" from the Summoning. This is all balanced further by its HOPT clause and the Attribute restriction on Special Summons, though it probably doesn't matter so much for a Hazy Flame deck. The last effect is also pretty balanced, since it has a HOPT and only gets a Hazy Flame card from your deck to your hand. 2000 ATK and 0 DEF is pretty low for a Level 6, but compared to the other Level 6 Hazy Flames monsters, it's not very far-fetched. 32 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room (or in this case, the card): the first effect. You can use it to bring out "Basiltrice" quite easily, though you would only be able to get two Materials for it with this effect alone. Also, it gives you the option to use the Summoned monsters' effects to your heart's desire, including if you Summon "Basiltrice" and somehow give it Materials. However, it sort of sucks that it doesn't stay on the field after you Summon it unless you choose not to activate its effect. The second effect is just a handy searching effect. Everybody could use a good searching effect. The ATK and DEF aren't unreasonable, considering the other archetype members. Its Attribute and Type aren't unreasonable, either. 29 points

[spoiler=Creativity]I noticed its name is from Greek mythology, just like its real-life archetype members; that's pretty neat, though you could probably have strayed away from that a bit, considering not all of them are Greek-based. Its first effect is pretty unique, from what I know, since not only does it get rid of itself as soon as it's Summoned, but it also replaces itself with two of its fallen friends. 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar]"Tribute" should be capitalized. The rest is pretty much fine. 14 points

TOTAL: 95 points

[spoiler=*Spring Boings*]

[spoiler=Lonely ladybug seeks mate for life]vzkDy8R.jpg

[spoiler=Balance]Its first effect is easy to execute, considering how many options you might have to Summon it. Its second effect also makes sense, since it helps you swarm for Synchro fodder but not to the point where it's super annoying. It has low ATK and DEF, though, and no protection written in, so it's super vulnerable to attacks and effects that destroy weaker monsters. 29 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]It's not a Plant-type, so it unfortunately doesn't get the Plant-related support of some of its friends in the archetype. It can be good Synchro fodder for "Aromaseraphy Rosemary" and any other Synchros you might have, though. 25 points

[spoiler=Creativity]Sure, it's not a Plant-type, but being an Insect is at least unique for the archetype. It helps you gain LP more quickly, but that's nothing new for Aromas. 12 points

[spoiler=Grammar] I've got nothing to say here. 15 points

TOTAL: 83 points

[spoiler=cheewei27]

okay. here goes.. meklord archetype ...

ILIASTER'S - APORIA

LIGHT / MACHINE

ATK 0 / DEF 0

During your Main Phase, you can change the text "SYNCHRO" in "Meklord" monster you control to "EFFECT", "RITUAL", "FUSION" or "XYZ" until the end of that turn. When the only monster you control are "Iliaster's - Aporia"; You can Special Summon 1 "Meklord" monster from your hand: Ignore its Summoning Condition. You can only active each "Iliaster's - Aporia" effect once per turn.

Fohn9WM.jpg

[spoiler=Balance]Something tells me you want Meklord Emperors to have some power in Arc-V. I think this card works pretty well, since said Meklords can now absorb other types of monsters on the field. "Effect" seems overpowered, though, since most monsters in general are Effect monsters. Its second effect to bring out a Meklord in your hand for free seems a bit overwhelming when paired with the first effect. At least there'e the HOPT clause at the end. 24 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities] As I said, it works nicely to make Meklords, particularly the Emperors, more versatile in the Legacy format. It also helps you get out a Meklord more easily, which is always helpful. 27 points

[spoiler=Creativity]I kind of want to see more cards based on the other members of Illiaster now; choosing to use one of them as the card name is a good idea in my opinion. Making Meklords target monsters other than Synchros is pretty unique as well. 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar]The different monster types (Synchro, Fusion, etc.) should not be in all-caps; that's reserved for the Attributes. "When the only monster you control are "Illiaster's - Aporia" should be changed to "When this is card is the only monster you control" to (1) specify that you must only control one monster and (2) stop mixing plural with singular (in terms of grammar). "Special Summon 1 "Meklord" monster from your hand: Ignore its Summoning Condition" should be "Special Summon 1 "Meklord" monster, ignoring its Summoning conditions" based on how the TCG words that type of effect (and also, "condition" shouldn't be capitalized). 8 points

TOTAL: 79 points

[spoiler=VCR_CAT]

I'll be entering, and I will be supporting CARDIANS

[spoiler=Cado]

Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup

Level 9 - DARK

Warrior / Effect

While you control a Level 8 or lower "Flower Cardian" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, but its original ATK and DEF become 100, also you cannot Normal or Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Flower Cardian" monsters. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 1 "Flower Cardian" monster, except "Flower Cardian Chrysanthemum with Cup". If this card is Special Summoned this way, it becomes a Tuner Monster, and when it is used as Synchro Material, you can treat it and all other Synchro Materials (that have a Level) as Level 2 monsters. If this card is Special Summoned: Draw 1 card, and if you do, show it, then, if it is a "Flower Cardian" monster, you gain 1000 LP. Otherwise, send it to the Graveyard.

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

If you're lost on flavor, I suggest looking here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda and here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi-Koi#Yaku_listing

[spoiler=Balance] Two effects that let you Special Summon it? That seems absurd. You might as well get rid of one and give the other the whole Tuner-and-Synchro-Materials effect. Speaking of the Tuner-and-stuff effect, it seems pretty reasonable, considering the current state of the archetype. The final effect is almost too vague in how it's Summoned, since it currently has two effects to Summon itself and isn't a Nomi monster; maybe if you restricted it to only when it's Summoned by a Flower Cardian's effect or even just its own effect(s). 27 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]As with most of the Flower Cardians, it's got a relatively high Level but the ability to Summon itself fairly easily if you have the right conditions. Additionally, it can make itself become a Tuner and then make itself and the other Synchro Materials into Level 2 monsters for the Summon, which is pretty convenient for bringing out the archetype's Synchros. The effect to gain 1000 LP if you draw a Flower Cardian is pretty helpful for the archetype, since it doesn't have much in the way of gaining LP currently. 27 points

[spoiler=Creativity] Chrysanthemums are definitely flowers that Cardians haven't utilized before. The LP effect, like I said earlier, is also unique for the archetype. There doesn't seem to be much else in terms of innovations or originality, though. 15 points

[spoiler=Grammar] I have nothing to say here. 15 points

Image Provided (as in not written): none

TOTAL: 84 points

[spoiler=BatMed]

[spoiler=Traptrix Abortion Trap Hole]

traptrix_abortion_trap_hole_by_batmed-da

[spoiler=Balance] It can be activated if you have no monsters in your graveyard? Plus, you're Summoning the Traptrix from your deck? That's pretty powerful, especially considering that some Traptrix monsters can activate effects when they're Special Summoned. The second effect is worded in such a way that I'm confused, but from what I can tell, it doesn't seem to be super unbalanced. 24 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]You took into consideration that Traptrixes are EARTH monsters, which is good. The ability to search for a Traptrix from your deck is something powerful for the archetype to use. The "Hole" support is a nice touch, too. 23 points

[spoiler=Creativity]It's got an original name, but overall, there isn't much going for it otherwise in this category. 10 points

[spoiler=Grammar]I'm not positive about how the "if any" statement should be written, so I'll just ignore that. As I said earlier, I honestly don't know how the graveyard effect works because of how it's written. 8 points

TOTAL: 67 points

[spoiler=JellisOP]

Here it is. [spoiler=Ancient Gear Call]

https://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=Ancient+Gear+Call&cardtype=Spell&trapmagictype=Continuous&rarity=Rare&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.yugiohcardmaker.net%2F838128%2F749245929.jpeg&circulation=1st+Edition+&set1=&set2=&carddescription=Once+per+turn%2C+if+you+control+an+%22Ancient+Gear%22+Monster%2C+add+one+%22Ancient+Gear%22+card+from+your+Deck+to+your+Hand.+If+this+card+is+destroyed+and+sent+to+the+Graveyard%2C+target+one+%22Ancient+Gear%22+monster+in+your+Graveyard%3BSpecial+Summon+it.+During+your+Standby+Phase%2C+except+during+the+turn+this+card+was+sent+to+the+Graveyard%2C+you+can+Banish+this+card%3B+and+if+you+do%2C+Target+one+Spell+Card+in+your+Graveyard+that+specifically+lists+the+name+%22Ancient+Gear%22+in+its+text%2C+except+%22Ancient+Gear+Call%22%3Badd+it+to+your+hand.+You+may+only+control+one+face-up+%22Ancient+Gear+Call%22.&creator=&year=2017&serial=

[spoiler=Balance]The search effect is pretty reasonable, though it is slightly underwhelming. It requires you to control an Ancient Gear monster, and it can only be used to search Ancient Gear cards, which excludes support cards like "Geartown", but I guess that just helps it not be overpowered. The Special Summoning effect is also good, considering cards like "Ancient Gear Golem" can't be Special Summoned, limiting this card's power a bit. The final effect is very limited in its power, partially because, to my knowledge, there are no Spell Cards that specifically name the card "Ancient Gear" in their text. 25 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]Getting an "Ancient Gear" card every turn is good for the archetype if you have a plan. Like I said before, "Ancient Gear Golem" and "Ancient Gear Beast" can't be Special Summoned using this card's effect. Sure, there are other ways to Summon them, but that could be a bit annoying for whoever chooses to play this card. The last effect, like I said before, only provides support for one archetype member, which is never a good choice, especially when it's just a Level 2 monster that can Special Summon itself from your hand. 18 points

[spoiler=Creativity]I can only assume that the name is a reference to how you're adding Ancient Gear-related cards to your hand and Special Summoning Ancient Gear monsters from your graveyard; that's pretty cool. The last effect, albeit virtually useless, is pretty unique in its support for a specific card that sees almost no other support (excluding itself and archetype-specific stuff). I'm going to take a point away because some Ancient Gear decks don't even run "Ancient Gear", making that last effect even more useless for them. 19 points

[spoiler=Grammar]There are a few capitalization errors here, all of which are scenarios where you capitalized a letter that should stay lowercase (don't capitalize "monster" unless you say something like "Synchro" or "Ritual" before it, and "banish" should never be capitalized in that context). You put a semi-colon between "in your Graveyard" and "Special Summon" even though it should be a colon. Otherwise, though, your grammar seems fine. 10 points

TOTAL: 74 points

[spoiler=( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)]

I'm joining and I'm choosing the Zoodiac Archetype.

[spoiler=Zoodiac Calling]Zoodiac Calling

Type: Continuous Spell

Effect: During your Standby Phase: You can Special Summon 1 “Zoodiac” monster from your hand. You can only activate this effect of “Zoodiac Summon” once per turn. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Add 1 “Zoodiac” card from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Balance]This card almost seems underwhelming. Almost. By itself, all it does is Summon a Zoodiac for free once per turn and let you get a Zoodiac card out of your deck. However, both effects could lead to impressive combos, which sort of balance this out. 32 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]Honestly, there's not much that I need to say here. It lets you Summon Zoodiacs that you can use as Xyz Materials, and you can also search for a Zoodiac if this card is in your graveyard. It could probably do a bit more, though, like maybe give Zoodiacs a power boost or some form of protection. 26 points

[spoiler=Creativity]The first effect reminds me a bit of Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon's, in that you can Special Summon a monster with certain characteristics during your Standby Phase; it makes sense for Zoodiacs to have an effect like that, and I'm somewhat surprised (but in a good way) this is the first one of the sort that I've seen. The second effect isn't anything super original to the game or Zoodiacs, but it's at least another beneficial effect for them to use. 17 points

[spoiler=Grammar]What's "Zoodiac Summon"??? 13 points

TOTAL: 88 points

[spoiler=Next Tuesday]

I will participate supporting the Amazoness Archetype

[spoiler:Card]

Name: Amazoness Growth

Type: Normal Spell

Effect: Fusion Summon 1 "Amazoness" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If your opponent controls more monster than you when you activate this card you may send materials from your deck instead. If you do, you may choose 1 of the "Amazoness" monsters sent to the graveyard with this effect and the Fusion Summoned monster gains the sent monster's effect until the end of the turn.

[spoiler:Art]

cEB8pOZ.jpg

[spoiler=Balance]The first effect is literally just "Polymerization" for Amazoness Fusion Monsters "Amazoness Empress" and "Amazoness Pet Liger", which aren't much by themselves, but the possibility of using monsters from your deck instead of those in your hand/field somewhat balances that out. What's more, if you use Materials from your deck, you can give the Fusion Monster a decent effect, giving Amazonesses some more oomph as an archetype. It sucks that there's only one monster you can Summon with this, though. 29 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]I think "Amazoness Empress" would love this card, since it lets you bring her out more easily and can give her a nice effect, but like I said, she and "Liger" (which is being released on May 13) are the only Fusion Monsters currently in the archetype, so this won't do very much for you. 14 points

[spoiler=Creativity]I don't think I've seen a card that can Fusion Summon using Materials solely from the deck except "Future Fusion"; that's cool, especially since this card is probably not as powerful as "Future Fusion", meaning it would be less likely to be on the ban list. The last effect is something unique as well, which is pretty neat as well. 20 points

[spoiler=Grammar]"If your opponent controls more monster" is not grammatically correct; "monster" should be "monsters." There should be a comma between "activate this card" and "you may send." I see no more issues. 13 points

TOTAL: 78 points

[spoiler=Perry Ellis.]

id like to join too please.

[spoiler=Dark Scorpions]

Dark Scorpion Hideout

Field Spell

Once per turn: you can Normal Summon an additional "Dark Scorpion" monster ignoring its summoning conditions. You can discard one card from your hand, then activate one of the effects of a Face-up "Dark Scorpion" monster, you can only activate this effect once per turn during either players turn. At the end of your End Phase return one Trap card from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck, if you cannot, destroy this card.

[spoiler=Balance]The first effect is well-balanced in its own right. I'm assuming that the second effect allows you to activate one of the two effects that usually activate when the monster inflicts battle damage. Although this is a strong effect, it could potentially be misused, especially since you can abuse it fairly easily during both your turn and your opponent's turn. The last effect helps balance that out, though; having a cost to keep "Dark Scorpion Hideout" on the field is a good idea, but it's not a hard one to meet, and it can also be beneficial for you. Actually, because of the beneficial side of the "cost," maybe it's not really that balanced after all. 21 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]So you get an extra Normal Summon each turn, as long as at least one of the monsters you Normal Summon is a Dark Scorpion. Tons of archetypes have something similar, so it only makes sense to branch that out to other archetypes, including Dark Scorpions, who really need the support. If I'm correct about the second effect, then it helps make Dark Scorpions more versatile in the current metagame, which is pretty good as well. This card basically does what it can do make Dark Scorpions viable. 30 points

[spoiler=Creativity]The name fits well with its Field Spell status and the theme of the archetype. The first effect, as I said before, is a common one in multiple archetypes, so I don't think it would be considered creative here. The second effect is pretty inventive, though. As for the last effect, needing to send Trap Cards from the graveyard into the deck is something I haven't seen as a cost before. 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar]Based on what I've seen on other cards (such as "Synchron Carrier"), the first effect should be written as this: "During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Dark Scorpion" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)" Remember, none of the Dark Scorpions have any Summoning conditions. The second effect should start with the "During either player's turn" statement, not end with it. The HOPT clause should be its own sentence. "Face-up" in your context should be all in lowercase. For the last effect, just choose either "At the end of your turn" or "During your End Phase" for it (the End Phase one probably being the better choice). The "card" in Trap Card should be capitalized. 4 points

TOTAL: 73 points

[spoiler=CuriousHeartless]

[spoiler=Arcana Force]Arcana Star Sanctum

Field Spell

[spoiler=Balance]That first effect could potentially be a bit troublesome when trying to stop an Arcana Force monster from activating certain effects, but it's not super unfair. The Heads effect seems like it could be used for the next time you activate this card's effect (but we'd need an official ruling to verify that, I think), but that's not necessarily a bad thing, since said effect could still result in two of the same side of the coin (2 Heads or 2 Tails). The Tails effect is reasonable; get rid of one of your monsters (possibly leaving you without an Arcana Force monster), then destroy an opponent's card. Overall, it seems to be pretty balanced with only a few smaller issues. 33 points

[spoiler=Support Capabilities]The first effect makes sense if you want to really milk this card's effects for your coin flips. The Heads effect works nicely with the many coin-based effects of the Arcana Force monsters. Sure, the Tails effect gets rid of your own monster, but that fits the style of the archetype, from what I know. 29 points

[spoiler=Creativity]I like the name, it fits with the whole "the Light is from space" idea from the anime. The first effect is just meh, for lack of a better term; it's nothing new for the OCG/TCG. I like what you did with the "Heads is hope and Tails is despair" idea, though; that's pretty cool. (I could tell there was something like that even before reading your side comment about it.) 18 points

[spoiler=Grammar]I believe that after the words "toss a coin", there should be a clause like this: "activate one of the following effects, based on the result", followed by you listing the two possibilities (Heads and Tails). I think that's the only problem grammatically, though. 13 points

TOTAL: 93 points

still 20 points on balance for Fishborg tank? I mean, that feels like waaaayyyy too much, even after you yourself said it's OP considering it's a foolish burial that also pops on a 2500 body and grants an additional summon off of banished fish monsters with no hard OPT. There's a lot of stupidity you can do with that card, and seriously Lavalval Chain was banned for a reason.

I just realized my card can use the Heads effect on itself so once you get heads once you have a 3/4 chance of keeping it each turn. I'm actually fairly okay with that because I don't think that's too powerful and since it's a card representing hope I'm okay on a flavor level with despair having a harder time sneaking in.

I just realized that I put in the effect of my card (Zoodiac Calling) "You can only activate this effect of Zoodiac Summon once per turn" instead of "You can only activate this effect of Zoodiac Calling once per turn" 

(The reason for this mistake is that I changed the name from Zoodiac Summon to Zoodiac Calling)

All right, I've finished grading. If you want to see your score from me, it can be found on Page 3 of this thread, at the very bottom of the page.

I expect that you will be done within the next 3 days or so.

There are currently 2 Amazoness Fusion Monsters. You might want to consider updating your grading for Next Tuesday's card. Also, for Perry Ellis, the "Normal Summon without its Summoning conditions" part probably means "Normal Summon without Tributing", as the term http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_Summoning_condition do exist, but isn't used because "without Tributing" is basically the same thing.

There are currently 2 Amazoness Fusion Monsters. You might want to consider updating your grading for Next Tuesday's card. Also, for Perry Ellis, the "Normal Summon without its Summoning conditions" part probably means "Normal Summon without Tributing", as the term http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_Summoning_condition do exist, but isn't used because "without Tributing" is basically the same thing.

The wikia only lists Empress. (I'm talking about cards that exist IRL.) http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_%22Amazoness%22_cards

If that's the case, that raises another flag for me. I'm not changing my grade there.

It's being released tomorrow (or really today by Japan standards). For most intents and purposes, any card that's revealed before the deadline, whether it's been officially released or just leaked via YGOrganization or the like is fair game to be grading on, unless you as the contest host state otherwise that only officially released cards will be considered. 

(Also realize that the Wikia is sometimes slow to update the data on its pages)

It's effects are already comfirmed to be official, and its release date in the OCG is May 13th, 2017, which is basically TOMORROW.

got ninja'd by sakura lol

It's being released tomorrow (or really today by Japan standards). For most intents and purposes, any card that's revealed before the deadline, whether it's been officially released or just leaked via YGOrganization or the like is fair game to be grading on, unless you as the contest host state otherwise that only officially released cards will be considered.

(Also realize that the Wikia is sometimes slow to update the data on its pages)

Okay, but even then, that's only 2 Fusion Monsters.

I edited the grade to take Liger into consideration.

Archived