Starforming Nebula

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Starforming Nebula

[Field Spell]

Monsters with a Level / Rank gain ATK equal to 100x their Level /Rank. Twice per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster; increase its Level /Rank by 1. During the End Phase, increase the Level / Rank of all face-up monsters by 1.

WHY DID YOU ADD "WITH A LEVEL"? I tHINK IT'S UNNECESSARY 

You need to explain why you think the Level requirement is unnecessary; not just say it w/out proper support.

====

As the card is, anything from ZEXAL and VRAINS can go screw themselves in the corner because no stat boosting. But at the same time, I guess ZEXAL stuff gets access to certain Xyz that are generally difficult to access nowadays. That, and I guess Clear Wing gets another excuse to trigger its effect (oh yay for situational usages).

So a reverse Burden of the Mighty? Sure, it's cute that everything outside of Xyz and Link monsters benefit from this. If face, no. Even Xyz cam benefit from this, as you increase the Levels to set up more Xyz Summons. I don't think most monsters will benefit from the last effect, given how most don't last long enough on the field for them to take effect; they'll probably be used for Materials before taking advantage of it. But still, it's a cute way to gain ATK while simultaneously setting up Synchro and Xyz Summons. It'd be kind of funny to use with trains, given how they're not too hard to Summon and many are Level 10.

I do agree it shouldn't really need to make the "with a Level" restriction.

Yeah I've seen some cards have that text, even though I can't really recall one off the top of my head, but even if Xyzs and Links exist, the format of effects pretty much always asks you to have a legal target with witch you can fulfill the full sequence of it. You can't resolve it legally if the target doesn't run on the Level system so it shouldn't legally be able to even select non-Level users, regardless of fine print distinction.... IMO at least.

That said, it's also not absolutely necessary to take that text off either..... 

On to the card:
It is a nice toy for decks. I suppose Constellars could make easy Rank 7s, or any Rank 4 deck would be able to have Rank 5 access, which is always a plus. 

I can think of cute plays like Star Drawing splashed, or the Risebell series of cards doing something.

Its only real issue is that this sort of effect doesn't usually have a real home anywhere. We have Risebell's pendulum version serve as a Scale 2 and an OPT Level modifier with vanilla and Psychic support, yet I'm not really seeing anybody use it.... I've been trying to do something with it for a while but can't think of something satisfying enough to run with....

This sort of effect is usually better as a bonus bit.

That said, the card is fine.

Guest BGMCANN0N

WHY DID YOU ADD "WITH A LEVEL"? I tHINK IT'S UNNECESSARY 

Accidentally borrowed older wording and specification from Zexal Era when Rank was being introduced. Not all cards receive erratas so yeah... My bad.

To be fair, card wouldn't be broken if you extend this to Xyz Monsters and Ranks; might help with Rank-Up things even more; especially for hard to make Ranks (right now, I think 6 and 9 are whatever). Going to address Nyx's point about using this in Trains; they don't really have a reason to make Rank 11/12 (well, they do have access to Number 77, but that's generally off a 35 / 84 ladder, and 84 just sucks). I guess Rank 8 spam could use this to access the R9 pool if they really needed to (well, only VFD, Enterblathnir and I guess Dyson Sphere). 

It's your choice whether to make the changes or not; card's fine as it currently is, but making it help Xyz too won't break anything.

To be fair, card wouldn't be broken if you extend this to Xyz Monsters and Ranks; might help with Rank-Up things even more; especially for hard to make Ranks (right now, I think 6 and 9 are whatever). Going to address Nyx's point about using this in Trains; they don't really have a reason to make Rank 11/12 (well, they do have access to Number 77, but that's generally off a 35 / 84 ladder, and 84 just sucks). I guess Rank 8 spam could use this to access the R9 pool if they really needed to (well, only VFD, Enterblathnir and I guess Dyson Sphere).

It's your choice whether to make the changes or not; card's fine as it currently is, but making it help Xyz too won't break anything.

It's not only for the Level increase, but the ATK increase; raising their ATK to 1000.

But why would they want a simple stat boost over the consistency Switchyard provides for Trains; that, and 35 generally covers them in stat boosting anyway (not like most of them aren't already stronger than common bosses on their own). Other Decks, maybe they can run this for the stat boosting and Level/Rank increases, but Trains, not so much.

Links don't benefit, but they're technically the new kids on the block.

As usual you never fail to unintentionally support Fortune Ladies and in turn make me the happiest person ever.

After you use this card's effect you can then activate Xyz Universe if it helps you push for game, as that card makes Xyz Monsters gain double the ATK this card provides, however that should only really be a last resort.

And hey, it makes monsters like Mefist The Infernal General and Ghost Knight of Jackal easier to use!

Archived