[INTEREST CHECK] Which RP Should I Host?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which ideas do you favor?

• Yu-Gi-Oh: Enter the Nexus
    • Yet Another Pokémon Story
    • Illumination: A Hogwarts Story
    • Camp Half-Blood
    • Other / None of the Above

For a while, I've been having multiple RP ideas brewing through my head. I'd marinate on certain aspects of these RPs for days at a time, but there's always one thought that stops me.

What if no one even cares?

So instead of wasting my time prematurely thinking of every single tiny detail, I've decided to shove everything in this thread, and see what you guys think.

Now I know that I put up a poll, but the poll isn't what I'm going to be paying attention to (for the most part, at least). Instead, I'd like you guys to write a sentence or two on the ideas you like or dislike. If you pick the 'none of the above' category, please tell me why.

Please note that every single one of these are still in the development stages, and aren't completely fleshed out. All names aren't final.

Also note that I'm planning on doing all of these in the future. It's hard for me to trash things like this.

Now without further ado...

--------------------

Yu-Gi-Oh: Enter the Nexus

Yes my friend, another Yugioh RP. "What sets this one apart from the others?" you might ask? Well, this one will focus on the newer mechanics, and of course, Link Monsters (The Extra Deck can hold any number of Link Monsters, but still fifteen for everything else). You will play as a Duelist who is investigating recent disappearances in the bustling city of Neminia. A third of these people turn up dead within the span of a fortnight. These disappearances occur right after a "forced" Duel is initiated between a cloaked individual and a seemingly random passerby. During these Duels, all electronic devices in the area (including security cameras) short circuit, and are unusable for a time. Recent reports from the city council have confirmed that when this cloaked Duelist wins, their opponent loses consciousness, and the two disappear in a flash of light. However, there are some things that just don't add up. Why does no one else besides the city council have reports on this information? Why do they always deviate from the subject when asked? Whether you're uncovering the truth about this mystery Duelist for justice, fame, revenge, or for the prize money offered by the council, you're determined to get to the bottom of this.

----------

Yet Another Pokémon Story

This idea was spawned with one word in mind. Freedom.

You wanna be a Pokémon Master? Do it.

You wanna be a Contest Star? Go for it.

You wanna be a Lackey for the evil team? Nothing's stopping you.

You wanna be the annoying con artist that sells Level 5 Magikarp for ¥500? Sure, if that's what your want.

The main idea of this RP is that you get to be whoever you want, and you're not forced to collect every Gym Badge and become the champion. But all of the players will be joined together by a common goal at some point.

This RP will be time based and quest based. After a certain amount of OOC time has passed, players will vote on where they would like to go next. New Quests will be available at every new location.

Yet Another Pokémon Story will be set in the Arkhaea Region (pronounced "ar-KAY-uh"), a custom region based off of Greece. However, if there are enough votes against that, then it will be set in the Johto and Kanto Regions. There will be no new Pokémon, but maybe some new Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves.

-----THE FOLLOWING ARE INCOMPLETE IN TERMS OF PLOT-----

You have been warned...

Illumination: A Hogwarts Story

Set in JK. Rowling's Wizarding World of the 'Harry Potter' book series, you will be playing as a student of the prestigious Wizarding School, Hogwarts. This will be set in the present day. The Wizarding World will be influenced by some Muggle pop culture, but not too largely. However, British Wizards are slowly distancing themselves from Muggles; one reason being that the International Statute of Secrecy is harder to be enforced (due to the easy accessibility of smartphones).

This RP is in the very early stages of development, and could be influenced in any direction. I'm not sure if it will be plot driven or sandbox as of yet, or who the main antagonist will be (assuming that there will be one).

----------

Camp Half Blood (no clever title ideas yet)

As you probably guessed from the title, this RP will be set in the world of Rick Riordan's 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians' series. You'll be playing as a demigod who is issued on a quest by the Oracle of Delphi, to chain the goddess Nyx. In this RP, the darkness itself is your enemy. The Children of the Night are rising from Tartarus, and want to reclaim the earth for their mistress.

----------

Though I haven't read all the books in the series, doing an RP of Camp Half-Blood sounds pretty cool. Would you have to play as a demigod though?

I also like the Pokemon idea. I haven't actually joined a Pokemon RP, but it being that open-ended sounds intriguing.

Hogwarts would be nice. Being one of like fifty bastard children of a dude who doesn't actually give half a funk about you isn't too bad either when you can cri with your half-brothers and sisters and maybe even incest them because apparently gods don't have DNA so there's no real incest.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Yui, I'm not a huge fan of sandbox RPs, in fact I'm usually very against them, so I'm against the premise of a Pokemon RP that gives too much reign to the participants. I think the Percy Jackson RP would be cool, especially with the premise you've lined out. 

Wow, thank you all for your thoughts and opinions. The one that seems to be the most popular is Yet Another Pokémon Story, so I'll definetly be doing that one. However, it might take me a while to get everything together, so I'm the meantime, I'd like to either do the Camp Half-Blood RP, or Illumination. CHB seems more popular, though, so I will be going with that one.

To answer your guys' questions:

I think, Catman, that this is a GREAT idea. I believe you'd be a good host. I support Yet Another Pokemon Story and Camp Half Blood. But just for the record, is this after The Trials of Apollo?

CHB will be in an alternate universe from Rick Riordans books. That means no Percy, no Annabeth, no Chiron; everyone except for the gods themselves will be removed or replaced.

[spoiler=Small Spoiler for the End of The Lost Hero (for those who haven't read it)]I'm still debating it, but there probably is not going to be a Roman camp (or at least knowledge of it to the Greeks). It's subject to chance, but that's what I'm leaning towards.

Though I haven't read all the books in the series, doing an RP of Camp Half-Blood sounds pretty cool. Would you have to play as a demigod though?

Don't worry, you don't need much knowledge of the series to participate. As previously mentioned, this will be in an alternate universe, and it won't have most of the events that occurred in the books.

Huh, I never really though about that. Sure, you don't have to make a demigod character.

When will you be closing the poll?

*checks watch*

I'm going to keep it open for a while longer, in case other people want to put in their opinions. Also because I don't know how to close it, but no one needs to know that...

Archived