[CP17] New Cards: Time Maiden , Number 29: Mannequin Cat

994d2d5b.jpg?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1

[spoiler= Bigger Image]

994d2d5b.jpg?ssl=1

Jikai Miko / Time Maiden
Light Fairy / Effect
LV1 0/0

(1) If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).
(2) This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a “Timelord” monster.
(3) You can Tribute this card; add 1 “Timelord” monster with 0 ATK from your Deck to your hand.
(4) You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Timelord” monster with 0 ATK from your Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this effect

48fa090d.jpg?resize=300%2C169&ssl=1

[spoiler= Bigger Image]

48fa090d.jpg?ssl=1

Numbers 29 Mannequin Cat / Number 29: Mannequin Cat
Light Beast / Xyz / Effect
RK2 2000/900
2 Level 2 monsters

UNCONFIRMED EFFECT
[You can only use this card name’s (2) effect once per turn.
(1) Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster in (your opponent’s) Graveyard; Special Summon it to your opponent’s field.
(2) If a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent’s field while this card is already in the Monster Zone: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Special Summon 1 monster with the same Attribute or Type from your Deck, hand, or Graveyard to your field. ]

UNCONFIRMED EFFECT

Sauce: https://ygorganization.com/onlyeightunknownsleft/

Time Maiden having multitude buffs really makes me quite happy. she now a Cydra-copy (which is always good), has a rather wonky search effect (requiring tribute...although this doesn't really stop your plays), the 4th effect doesn't have any HOPT (as per translation) so fielding multiple Timelord in a single turn is not a dream

29 is not confirm yet but what an oddity she is. so... i can disturb grave-plays by forced summon? then if i do this card is basically summon nearly everything i want from anywhere with matching species? the 2nd restriction implying it required to be in MMZ?

Man, Time Maiden got one hell of a boost. She's combined both the anime (tribute to search) and the Tag Force (2 tributes) effects, on top of a potent grave effect for good measure. They also got rid of her "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set" clause as well.

Number twenty-nyan has me interested, if just because of it have a semi-decent ATK stat.

Damn, Time Maiden makes me want to try out Timelords now, that is one hell of a card.

Number 29 (Broken made me realize the pun, that's cute) seems like it could be interesting, but the translation needs to become better first since right now I am not entirely sure if that's how it's suppose to work.

Time Maiden having multitude buffs really makes me quite happy. she now a Cydra-copy (which is always good), has a rather wonky search effect (requiring tribute...although this doesn't really stop your plays), the 4th effect doesn't have any HOPT (as per translation) so fielding multiple Timelord in a single turn is not a dream

29 is not confirm yet but what an oddity she is. so... i can disturb grave-plays by forced summon? then if i do this card is basically summon nearly everything i want from anywhere with matching species? the 2nd restriction implying it required to be in MMZ?

Well, you can't Special Summon anything if you use the last effect, so if you normal summon this you won't be able to normal summon the Timelord you add, while if you Special Summon it you won't be able to activate the effect that turn, so there is not really a way to put multiple "Timelord" monsters on the field in a single turn. Also, the Extra Monster Zone is too a Monster Zone.

Well, you can't Special Summon anything if you use the last effect, so if you normal summon this you won't be able to normal summon the Timelord you add, while if you Special Summon it you won't be able to activate the effect that turn, so there is not really a way to put multiple "Timelord" monsters on the field in a single turn.

that's true if i choose to use its Cydra Effect. i mean, what stopping you to dump several copies of this to graveyard? so to my understanding> Normal a Timelord > banish any number of dumped maiden > Ta Daa. granted that's more over-extending plays rather than a consistent ones i give you that

beside apart of the restriction of "cannot summon other than this card name effect" there are no wording that indicate HOPT

"Also, the Extra Monster Zone is too a Monster Zone."

still unconfirmed. but as per Master Rule any card that mention "Monster Zone" only is implying (or soon to be errata'd) the MMZ. beside why bother mention it if it also apply on any zone

Time Maiden is glorious. She practically fixes the consistency issues single-handedly. Now, again, we just need one of the major burner Timelords (Michion, Sandaion, or Raphion) to become considerable for viability. Sadly, I do believe all their slots are filled, save for possibly a trap. So we'll need to wait a bit for that.

that's true if i choose to use its Cydra Effect. i mean, what stopping you to dump several copies of this to graveyard? so to my understanding> Normal a Timelord > banish any number of dumped maiden > Ta Daa. granted that's more over-extending plays rather than a consistent ones i give you that

beside apart of the restriction of "cannot summon other than this card name effect" there are no wording that indicate HOPT

If you Special Summon with the effect, you can't Special Summon anything else that turn, even if you have another Maiden. It's the point of the restriction.

If you Special Summon with the effect, you can't Special Summon anything else that turn, even if you have another Maiden. It's the point of the restriction.

i admit that i starting to get what you meant (at the very least with your scenario is still a 2 Timelord fielded. which still ok). but as per now im still holding on the requirement of clear worded HOPT for the effect. which as per this translation is none if not unclear

i admit that i starting to get what you meant (at the very least with your scenario is still a 2 Timelord fielded. which still ok). but as per now im still holding on the requirement of clear worded HOPT for the effect. which as per this translation is none if not unclear

How do you put two Timelords on the field without either Special Summoning (which means you can't activate the last effect) or Normal Summoning (which means you don't have the Normal Summon for the "Timelord" monster you added) this?

you already run Multiple Timelord > big chances there at least 1 in your hand (well dead here if it was sephylon)> along with some generic dumper like Foolish Burial > normal a Timelord > dump Maiden > summon a second one via 4th effect > profit?

The Number... I'm not sure how exactly I feel about it.

Don't get me wrong, I really like it but... well... It's R2. I'm not saying it should be more accessible (good God, if this was R4...), but really what deck runs level 2s and enough variety of monsters to make playing it worth it?

On the whole, I really appreciate the design (is more of a turn 2 card, requires opponent interaction to trigger, gives an underutilized rank some more stuff), but I'm probably gonna keep it on the back burner for now.

Nothing is stopping you from Special Summoning multiple times with the fourth effect you know? As it is not a HOPT or even a OPT effect or is there indication of one. It just says that "[d]uring the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this effect". So you can effectively dump 3 Time Maidens to the Graveyard and Special Summon 3 Timelords from the deck.

Nothing is stopping you from Special Summoning multiple times with the fourth effect you know? As it is not a HOPT or even a OPT effect or is there indication of one. It just says that "[d]uring the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with this effect". So you can effectively dump 3 Time Maidens to the Graveyard and Special Summon 3 Timelords from the deck.

No, because that effect is the only way you can Special Summon something that turn. Other copies of this would Special Summon with their effects, not the first copy's, so they would violate the restriction if you attempted to use their effects.

Jolly Glot, ok. I thought you meant just using the card by itself.

Grass looks greener Sephylon builds?

Normal A Timelord, mill half a deck, banish up to 3 maidens, Sephylon, revive a Timelord at 4k negged, beat faces

Can't Summon Sephy + use Time Maiden in the same turn, right?

Anyways, Ritual Sanctuary + Timelord build?

Sanctuary lets you keep summoning Time Maiden, Maiden searches a Timelord every turn, Timelords all should be able to fulfill the cost of any Ritual Monster, Timelords are NS dependent while Rituals are SS heavy... I dunno, it's a possibility.

Damn, 4 effects on Time Maiden, although 1 is more of a summoning condition but in a way it counts as an effect. Personally, I don't like when Konami makes these decisions of giving an undersupported archetype, type, etc. a single card that does too many things to compensate for it, like it did for B.E.S. wih Fortress Zelos, and Ultimate Conductor Tyranno.

At first I thought that Mannequin's searching effect had to match both Attribute and Type, but it's actually an "or" and that makes it much better.

Archived