[DP18] New Vehicroid

C-zJJz6XoAApGrV.jpg-large.jpg?resize=300

Super Vehicroid – Mobile Base
Earth Machine / Fusion / Effect
LV10 0/5000
1 “roid” Fusion Monster + 1 “roid” monster
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; Special Summon 1 “roid” monster from your Deck or Extra Deck whose ATK is less than or equal to that monster’s ATK.
(2) During either player’s End Phase: You can target 1 “roid” monster in your Main Monster Zone, except this card; return that target to the hand, and if you do, move this card to the Monster Zone that monster was at.

https://ygorganization.com/oldschoolmegatron/

:7626_key::7609_key: 

Pair Cycroid via Instant Fusion is the obvious choice of Fusion Monster.

I'll probs be summoning Expressroid (or 1 of the new roids if they end up being worth it) most of the time with this, especially seeing as the End Phase effect allows me to Normal Summon it next turn for more roids.

It's cool, but kind of weird, but the best part is that it means we're getting MORE ROIDS.

Between this, the Cyberdark stuff, and the Amazoness support, it's almost like Konami decided to at least attempt to fix several of the shittiest archetypes in the game at the same time. 

I really like the concept of this card a lot and it's fairly hard to get around if summoned via Vehicroid Connection Zone (aka the only good support card for this entire awkward archetype) but Vehicroids have some really truly awful cards and I'm not sure if even 4 new cards can patch them up unless they're all incredible. On the plus side, Speedroids are entirely fair targets for this (as is Dark Jeroid hilariously enough) so the long prophesized hybrid roid deck can be a thing maybe.

Also it works with Heavy Freight Train Derricrane so you can play Trainroids!

I really like the concept of this card a lot and it's fairly hard to get around if summoned via Vehicroid Connection Zone (aka the only good support card for this entire awkward archetype)

You forgot Expressroid :-P

That card is absolutely fantastic, and gets better with this.

Can you summon Magical Android with this too?

But yeah, summoning Terrortop off this then bouncing it during your End Phase seems pretty cheeky to say the least.

I gotta try that Trainroid idea though, sounds amusing.

I gotta try that Trainroid idea though, sounds amusing.

Unless there arrives a 1-card searchable means to summon this monster, no, I guarantee you it will be a very poopy variant. Shaddoll Trains worked so well because you could use Ruffian as a material from the deck, summon Shekhinaga with fantastic value, either using mats from the deck or even just materials from the hand, and work with that as an extra summon.

There's no evidence that this'll be anything like that yet, and knowing how really bad the roid maindeckers are, I wouldn't count on this being good unless the rest of the cards for these guys in DP18 are just absolutely fantastic.

Unless there arrives a 1-card searchable means to summon this monster, no, I guarantee you it will be a very poopy variant. Shaddoll Trains worked so well because you could use Ruffian as a material from the deck, summon Shekhinaga with fantastic value, either using mats from the deck or even just materials from the hand, and work with that as an extra summon.

There's no evidence that this'll be anything like that yet, and knowing how really bad the roid maindeckers are, I wouldn't count on this being good unless the rest of the cards for these guys in DP18 are just absolutely fantastic.

I seriously asked if you could summon Magical Android off this.  I'm not one for practicality for the most part.  I do have a respect for silliness though.

I seriously asked if you could summon Magical Android off this.

You can. It's real bad, but you can.

I'm not one for practicality for the most part.  I do have a respect for silliness though.

There's impracticality, and then there's "this doesn't even work why am I doing this"

Summon Steamroid with Revolving Switchyard though

IT'S PERFECT

So, IF pair cycroid, then use poly or fusion substitute to fuse with a sproid? Seems like a lot of trouble.

I do like that this can move itself out of EMZ, though. That's clever design.

Nono, Instant Fusion NORDEN, revive a SPEDROID, then use FUSION TAG on NORDEN and then POWER BOND for STILL 0 ATK Mobile Base

You know, with all these "GX" cards being released, I'm half-expecting Ojama God to happen.

Watch it be Ojama Yellow wearing the same robe the Solemn guy wears.

I think id they did release/print an Ojama card, it'd be Mecha Ojama King. Anywho:

While I do like how they released this card for roid, I don't think it's significant enough for support, at least where the game is now. Less setup than Stealth Union, but still a lot of setup for a rather slow archetype. Still, like the move they're making of printing out archetype cards that haven't been released yet, and making new ones like this. It'd be nice to see more for this archetype; like Kiteroid and Support Mission (albeit buffed).

Hot breakthrough meem

Summon Grinder Golem and give yourself 2 Tokins

Make MISSUS RADIANT via LINK SPOODER

Summon THIS DOODER somehow and then use its effect to target GRINDER GOLEM and summon WHATEVER, possibly another copy of itself for rank 10!!

Or summon another copy of itself and then use them both for ANOTHER COPY OF MISSUS RADIANT???

Even hotter meem development: Jumbo Drill's ATK is 3k instead of 3.2k like I thought, so you can summon it by targeting Grinder Golem and then attack over Grinder Golem for YOU STILL TAKE THE DAMAGE behind a MISSUS RADIANT BOOST

Some Discord ping-ponging. I don't know how to fully work out the combo since I'm doing this all in my head, so I can't figure out how many monster zones I have available.

There's prob a way to do this more effectively

With more Missus Radiants
Based on summoning Invokers
But it's hard to make Invoker and Grinder Golem at same time
Because you need Firewall to bypass no Normal Summon
And you need to figure out a way to keep your Linked Zones clear for summoning Jumbo Drill or similar
OK so
Gofu + Grinder Golem for Link Spooder + Firewall
Diagram into any Zoo, Rat would probably make things easier but Imma ignore that for now
Zoo into Broadbull search Poly probably revive (via Chakanine) because why not
Ah yea Revive is best because you want to save your Link Spooders for now
So you use Zoos to make Proxy Dragon next to Firewall
Oh sheet Firewall Dragon doesn't require you summon from hand to the same Linked Zone
That makes this so much better
Anyways Proxy Dragon Summon triggers Firewall summon Predaplant from hand
Discard 1 summon Predaplant search Poly
Time to do inventory: Field is Link Spooder + Firewall + Proxy + 2 Predaplants, hand is -5 from Gofu/Grinder/Diagram/Predaplant/discard
Luckily this is t2 so we can assume SIX CARD COMBOS
Oyea, there's also Poly + some Fusion card
Anyways gonna try to keep it conservative so we'll assume that it's still a 5-card combo
And that the discard is Terrortop
Use Firewall to bounce Grinder Golem + discarded Spedroid
Use Predaplants to make 2nd Proxy Dragon, trigger Firewall summon the Spedroid search Taketom
You can def achieve Mobile Base + Missus + Jumbo Drill with these and can prob achieve 2nd Firewall Dragon, maybe a 2nd Missus depending on what you can do
But I can't figure out the rest exactly. I just know all the pieces are there now. You have Instant Fusion, Terrortop + Taketom, Poly, Grinder Golem, and 2 empty Link Zones
Honestly only real problem is probably clearing out your monster zones because you might have filled them all
And/or filled all your Link Zones, but that can be partially rectified by making more Firewalls

Things to note: I did not account for any extra copies of Rat. Any of you who can actually playtest should see if you can extend/what issues you may run into in regards to filled monster zones.

Red is for somewhat increased clarity. It's difficult to end on multiple Missuses since you need to keep Linked Zones clear, but I'm guessing that via strategic Link Laddering you can clear up enough zones to handle at least 2 Missus and 1 Mobile Base + 1 Jumbo Drill and 1 Grinder Golem on opp's field.

As said, main issue is that combos may actually cause you to run out of monster zones. Link 8 when

Archived