XOXO vs Enguin (Finished)

Arimetal

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply

First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

Cards must be PM'd to me.

Written cards are allowed.

Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

The deadline for cards is 48 hours after challenge has been accepted.

The deadline for votes is 96 hours (4 days) after cards have been posted.

In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Requirement:

Cyberdark Support

Card A

Cyberdarks Assemble!

Normal Spell

Send 1 "Cyberdark" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; Add 1 "Cyberdark" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard and discard 1 card; Add 1 "Fusion" or "Cyberdark" card from your Deck to your hand. If you add a "Cyberdark" card with this effect: Draw 1 card.

Card B

Cyberdarkness Fusion

Continuous Spell

While you control no Special Summoned monsters: Fusion Summon 1 "Cyberdark" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by sending it's Fusion Materials from the Deck to the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on your side of the field, all monsters in your Graveyard are treated as Level 3 Dragon-Type monsters.

Card A wins the competition for saying Cyberdark the most times

Okay, so Card A. No HOPT, so worrying. A +0 when combined with Foolish Burial of Belongings, and considering you are not limited to using the Graveyard effect on a different turn, the card might as well be Mill 2, Search a Cyberdark and Draw. Fusion search allows for more playability, and a potentially splashable option, but the card itself isn't non-Cyberdark friendly. Unfortunately, despite the searching being great, Cyberdark Impact isn't a Cyberdark card, so you get some mills at best, and are left hoping to draw into an Impact or give up the draw for an Overload Fusion, which will really hurt Cyberdarks.

Card B provides a means to get out the new Dragon, so that's something. It also allows Cyberdarks to splash more, giving room to actual useful cards rather than annoying Dragons. No HOPT on the Summoning effect, but if you are milling you are going to be running out of Fusion eventually, especially with the restriction on Summoning clause. Although it doesn't provide support as such, this card removes the need for hand advantage, minimizing bricking. Now, if only it was searchable....

Card B gets my vote. Both seemed better than they actually were at first, but Card A's unsearchablility of Impact really hurts it, not to mention B actually expands the Deck potentially.

Card A is probably the most busted single search-card I've seen. No OPT, initial search combines a foolish burial into its effect, and then it becomes a +1 or +2 depending on what you search immediately after using it. Both the hand effect and the grave effect are obscenely good, and having both with no costs or restrictions is just ridiculous. Overall, the card just feels like a bit of a lazy "Give them everything in one card" and doesn't stop to ask what niche it wants to fill to support them. That is, there's no niche at all; it just does everything you would want a single card to do. While I would initially give some grace considering the base cyberdarks are, well, complete poop monsters, there's still the other 2 that we don't know yet, and those do still have the potential to just bust this wide open.

Card B I feel is on the right track, but could still use some more work. But, I feel that it could work in a better manner; right now it just feels pretty standard and basic. It doesn't add anything new to make Cyberdarks an interesting and varied deck to play, it's just a goodstuffs fusion that makes all monsters in your grave valid targets for the OG 3. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, although it's the base fusion that can just use deck monsters as materials with no extra condition beyond not controlling special summoned monsters. A concentrated mill 5 from the deck is just a little too good, especially when it's an Instant Fusion for a beefier Cyber Dragon Infinity. The balance is a little off, but I see the potential for this to go in a direction that makes it a much more interesting card.

Card B gets my vote. Card A's balance is just... really not there at the moment, and I honestly think B has more potential as a design.

Card A has the necessary exclamation point to convey the triumphant feeling of casting a spell involving Cyberdarks. This is consistent with previous support, and for good reason. 

Card B uses "it's" as a possessive pronoun, which would undermine players' confidence in Konami, causing them to quit and withdraw support from the game. Card B is actually much more broken than Card A in my opinion, considering you can churn out monsters with over 4000 ATK for a mere Normal Summon using base Cyberdarks. This is basically what Cyber-Stein did, except you also had to pay 5000 Life Points. Given that you can do this in addition to getting a free Cyberdarkness Dragon, this is a brutal OTK-enabler. Card A provides potentially significant card advantage, but not unprecedented and not unfair given the Cyberdarks we know about thus far, which is what current design should be based on. 

Card A gets my vote.

Archived